As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WAR] Thread: CEs Betaning NOW on the A server! Or some of us are.

• ToothyToothy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This is perfect, my one night with the wife out of the house...and the servers are down. Dammit.

Toothy on
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Temporary Penny Arcade Order guild forums at:

www.paorder.freeforums.org

The Six Wangs would still be a Chaos guild. Wang of Sigmar maybe, but I think that might get us banned.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Temporary Penny Arcade Order guild forums at:

www.paorder.freeforums.org

The Six Wangs would still be a Chaos guild. Wang of Sigmar maybe, but I think that might get us banned.

It'll probably be renamed.

There was a guild in Camelot called Bang Bus Drivers.

About a month later, it was renamed Boom Bus Drivers. And it was a big time RvR guild too, made up of a lot of big RvRers from the realm.

Lucky Cynic on
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Ugh.

My downloader crashed.

It is now back on 1%. But I have the previous 18% in file format. I'm looking at them now. But it says 1%.

Halp.

If the patcher hasn't changed (and I don't think it has), it's okay. If you crash it restarts at what it left off at, but starts at 0% of what is left. You should notice the total file size left is less than what it was previously.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Arsenic CanaryArsenic Canary A Whirlwind of Joy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really, really hope the faction populations balance out in the end.

Arsenic Canary on
    Steam: arsenic_canary
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Only if there's an equal amount of boobies on each side will that happen.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The number of stupid players I'm running into is making me want to pull my hair out.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • KungFuKungFu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    KungFu wrote: »
    I'm on a phone so can't read it all. Does the OP mean CEs can play now? And what does the 8/18/08 mean?

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think that 8/18/08 is a typo - it's supposed to be 9/18/08, which is the release date for WAR.

On an unrelated note WTF?!?

I just bought the $0.99 beta code deal from Target, and entering it into the beta center tells me it's an invalid code. Also entering it into the master account place says it's an invalid code. What gives?!

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • belaraphonbelaraphon michiganRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think that 8/18/08 is a typo - it's supposed to be 9/18/08, which is the release date for WAR.

I just bought the $0.99 beta code deal from Target, and entering it into the beta center tells me it's an invalid code. Also entering it into the master account place says it's an invalid code. What gives?!

i have the CE preorder, and am guessing that since i cannot make a forum account or enter my open beta or any other codes until the 15th, then this is the same for you. try waiting until tomorrow to see what happens.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • rehtonAesoohCrehtonAesoohC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    belaraphon wrote: »

i have the CE preorder, and am guessing that since i cannot make a forum account or enter my open beta or any other codes until the 15th, then this is the same for you. try waiting until tomorrow to see what happens.

I suppose that makes sense.

I'll just sit here staring at my code, pretending I'm in beta.

rehtonAesoohC on
    Was wowed by Rift so I'm trying that now.
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Herald wrote:
    James Nichols | General News | 08/14/2008 @ 06:06:05 EST
    WAR is Coming!

And so we must be ready...

Tomorrow the Mythic Account Center will begin accepting all Open Beta and Head Start Keys allowing all Pre-Order customers to register their accounts and prepare for the weeks ahead.

We'll provide instructions and let you know when it's open tomorrow, but we wanted to announce tonight that up to the first 50 thousand Standard Edition Open-Beta keys registered will be invited to the upcoming Preview Weekend in addition to all of our registered Collectors Edition Pre-Order customers!

While we haven't announced any dates yet be rest assured that the next few weeks are going to be action packed and this is your only way to get into the preview weekend if you missed out on the Collector's Edition.

Stay tuned tomorrow!

Warhammer Herald

grrarg on
  • MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just take something and translate it into German for Order. Call it some sort of Imperial club or order and you're good.

Schulwen Weicheimancer?

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    beta just got crowded with morons. /sigh.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wurst-Fabrik

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    belaraphon wrote: »
    beta just got crowded with morons. /sigh.

have you even been reading the beta forums since before this? morons have always been around. not like the beta selection process chooses people based on IQ

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
    edited August 2008
    i just had this sense of "oh look! more players to be with! glee! man when i first started i just figured thing out on my own."

but now the starting zones are loaded with people asking here shit is every 5 seconds or why they cant meet up with friends right away.

belaraphon on
    belaraphon.png
    edited August 2008
    Those same people are on the other side. That is why the game is about killing them.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Morskittar wrote: »
    Those same people are on the other side. That is why the game is about killing them.

But it's like there's so many more on your own side that you can't kill. This is why I'm in favour of any game that has intra-faction PvP.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

<FFA server argument goes here>

grrarg on
    edited August 2008
    I would guess that things like /leave [channel] work. I have often only used tells and guild chat in MMOs.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    I would guess that things like /leave [channel] work. I have often only used tells and guild chat in MMOs.

It actually...doesn't. There is a method but it is convoluted to the nth degree.

Aegis on
    Characters
    edited August 2008
    Fine, shoot down all my suggestions.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • LeemoLeemo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just take something and translate it into German for Order. Call it some sort of Imperial club or order and you're good.

Schulwen Weicheimancer?

Süßigkeiten Hexenmeister?

Leemo on
    edited August 2008
    So if I want in on this pre-order stuff, should I run down to Bestbuy to get my code and stuff or can I just buy it on bestbuy.com and receive me code online? I mean, the pre-order page on warhammeronline.com links to bestbuy.com's pre-order page. But I want to make sure I have my code instantly.

Anyone done it either way?

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • Foolish ChaosFoolish Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This thread is starting to worry me greatly.... Need NDA to go down plz.

Foolish Chaos on
    edited August 2008
    Me too.

No Mouths were involved in the breaking of this NDA.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
    edited August 2008
    Guild Beta people, check the place with the people talking about the stuff for some new info on the thing.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Finished the torrent after 6 days of uploading at 40-50kB/s, and downloading at 30kB/s, grrr... Then it tells me I need to patch another 700MEGS! currently patching at about 20kB/s....ARGH!!!

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bah! Just send me your account info.. you'll never download in time!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • VelmeranVelmeran Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No, this is my only hope for gaming in China with friends in the US, I SHALL GAME no matter what.

Velmeran on
    Vechloran.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So if I want in on this pre-order stuff, should I run down to Bestbuy to get my code and stuff or can I just buy it on bestbuy.com and receive me code online? I mean, the pre-order page on warhammeronline.com links to bestbuy.com's pre-order page. But I want to make sure I have my code instantly.

Pre-ordering from amazon got my codes to me instantly (accessible online), but it really depends on how each service handles it.

If bestbuy makes it really easy to cancel orders you can always just order, see what it says about the codes, and then cancel it if there's a problem. :)

admanb on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    admanb wrote: »

Pre-ordering from amazon got my codes to me instantly (accessible online), but it really depends on how each service handles it.

If bestbuy makes it really easy to cancel orders you can always just order, see what it says about the codes, and then cancel it if there's a problem. :)

Do not use Bestbuy Online. You will not get your codes.

Just spend 10 minutes and go to a store in person.

You've been warned.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I finally got my access from my CE preorder this morning and I'm trying to download the torrent of the client. Unfortunately, I only get between 10-30 kb/s. I don't have access to the router to set up port forwarding (I live in an apartment with free wireless internet). Anybody know of anything I can do to speed this up. Or better yet, has anyone seen the client available for a direct download anywhere? Heh, not holding my breath on that last part though.

Anywho, thanks if anyone has any words of wisdom, hope to see you all in game as soon as I can manage.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    admanb wrote: »

Do not use Bestbuy Online. You will not get your codes.

Just spend 10 minutes and go to a store in person.

You've been warned.

Yeah, I made the mistake of ordering through BB when the CE pre-order first hit, just to save like 5 bucks on shipping. They are supposed to be e-mailing out their codes in "mid to late August." So much hate right now.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
    edited August 2008
    Okay, thanks for the info. I was about to order amazon for the code, but now Im thinking I better do it in person. The beta client might not be compatible with launch and may require a retail disc installer to play. So I'd rather not have to wait for Amazon to ship me my box on release day and then have to wait a couple days for my discs. That would be torture.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
  • OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I pre-ordered via Direct2Drive. Got my codes instantly. Then again I'm a sucker for digital distribution. Plus I've already got the client so I don't have to worry about the giant pain in the ass that would be downloading it again.

Oats on
  • FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    For the record no MMO I've ever played the beta for required a fresh disc install on release. That's what patches are for. But plan as ye will.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Considering that pre-orders get an early launch, I can't imagine they'll require a CD installation. AoC let you keep playing the beta client and just required you to add a retail key to your account within a week or something.

Zek on
    edited August 2008
    I might be wrong but I think wow's beta client didn't work at launch. It does now with patches I think.

KungFu on
    Theft 4 Bread
This discussion has been closed.