As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moments of the Week for 07-30-08

wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Graphic Violence
Brand New Day Special. Holy fuck Hammerhead. D:

When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
wwtMask on

• LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    JSA Annual. The Norman Rockwell spread at the end.

Lux on
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008
    old man logan- tie between "that's right bitches. just keep making noises." and the idea behind the town "Hammer Falls".

i'm seriously loving everything about this run so far. the art is gorgeous, the future is unique and interesting.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Lux wrote: »
    JSA Annual. The Norman Rockwell spread at the end.
    1217443883344qy0.jpg

KVW on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That's awesome. Hopefully I can find a copy in a few months when I pick up JSA back issues.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh son of a bitch, I really liked the fact that electric girl hated the tool with the genie.

Fencingsax on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hammer Falls was fucking awesome

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »

ultron 8!

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Oh son of a bitch, I really liked the fact that electric girl hated the tool with the genie.

She's uneasy being near his phone, because of what her powers do when she's near them.

Robos A Go Go on
    edited July 2008

Understatement, man. Hammerhead was fucking hardcore.
    Holy shit, the movie theater. Then his dad. D:

Also, Spider-Man: With Great Power had a pretty good ending. The series fit quite nicely into continuity.

wwtMask on
  • DrakeonDrakeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    old man logan- tie between "that's right bitches. just keep making noises." and the idea behind the town "Hammer Falls".

i'm seriously loving everything about this run so far. the art is gorgeous, the future is unique and interesting.

Seconded.

Old Man Logan is awesome thus far and I typically hate wolverine.

Drakeon on
    PSN: Drakieon XBL: Drakieon Steam: TheDrakeon
  • KyleWPetersonKyleWPeterson Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow, this weeks Teen Titans was really great. I'm really starting to like this book.

Kyle

KyleWPeterson on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I refuse to believe Teen Titans was good in any way

Sars_Boy on
    edited July 2008
    also Wolverine was spectacular

Sars_Boy on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    someone spoil what happened in Logan, I'm not reading it (don't tell me too, it won't work)

smokmnky on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2008
    man I better get a decent size paycheck tomorrow or I won't be able to afford comics for like another two weeks

DJ Eebs on
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    SI: Black Panther. Please, Marvel, PLEASE keep Jason Aaron on BP after Secret Invasion.

wirehead26 on
    I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Uh MotW isn't even one of my books this week
    MotW is finding out that Dan Ketch is getting his own mini

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Lol! wrote: »
    Uh MotW isn't even one of my books this week
    MotW is finding out that Dan Ketch is getting his own mini
    oh right you buy previews

god you're weird, wiggin

Sars_Boy on
    edited July 2008
    I don't buy Previews
    I get it for free because I have a subscription box at my store

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    SI: Black Panther. Please, Marvel, PLEASE keep Jason Aaron on BP after Secret Invasion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the title gets canceled soon after SI. Aaron stated explicitly that he's only on for the SI tie-in.

wwtMask on
    edited July 2008
    He's busy writing Ghost Rider and being amazing at it

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »

Also, Spider-Man: With Great Power had a pretty good ending. The series fit quite nicely into continuity.

I wasn't talking about the Hammerhead story, although I liked that too.

I was talking about the town of Hammer Falls in the Old Man Logan storyline.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    I don't buy Previews
    I get it for free because I have a subscription box at my store
    sigh

Sars_Boy on
    edited July 2008
    What I shouldn't take a freebie?
    Really the couple weeks between the thread going up here and me getting Previews?
    Not a big fucking deal

Me Too! on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wwtMask wrote: »

I wasn't talking about the Hammerhead story, although I liked that too.

I was talking about the town of Hammer Falls in the Old Man Logan storyline.
    I already called what it meant from the scans of the first issue. It's not really that much of a surprise.

I dunno about my moments yet, but I guess I get to be Debbie Downer and say that Old Man Logan isn't it. Probably Thor would be, though.

Fencingsax on
    edited July 2008
    I didnt say it was a surprise, I knew why it was called that the second he mentioned it.

That dosen't make it any less awesome

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2008
    I didnt say it was a surprise, I knew why it was called that the second he mentioned it.

That doesn't make it any less awesome
    I think it's the fact that we've seen essentially that exact scene, but (from my perspective anyways) in a better setting.

Fencingsax on
    edited July 2008
    Fencingsax wrote: »

That doesn't make it any less awesome
    I think it's the fact that we've seen essentially that exact scene, but (from my perspective anyways) in a better setting.

do you mean after disassembled when the army built a base around it to keep gawkers out?

i think that was a cool idea, but this setting is far more interesting.

i mean, the art may be blinding me here a little, but i don't think much. this is a totally awesome post-apocalyptic story so far. there's still, what, six issues left for it to suck but it definitely doesn't seem like it's going that way to me. plus the art.

and really, are you going to sit there and tell me that wasn't a cool one-page shot where all the normies are worshipping the hammer?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • sportzboytjwsportzboytjw squeeeeeezzeeee some more tax breaks outRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Really the couple weeks between the thread going up here and me getting Previews?
    Not a big fucking deal

It's just that the thread is there. I kind of understand, but it's a sort of like a twisted version of the loyalty that Peter Parker shows MJ. Sure, she's awesome, my fav female comic-book char, but WHY WOULDN'T YOU HIT THIS!
    BlackCatFHOrange-1.jpg

sportzboytjw on
    Walkerdog on MTGO
    TylerJ on League of Legends (it's free and fun!)
  • VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I take it
    it's a town built up around Thor's hammer, with Donald Blake never having claimed it?

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    I take it
    it's a town built up around Thor's hammer, with Donald Blake never having claimed it?

well yes. the idea is that most of the heroes have been murdered (or something, details unclear at this point) by the villains. presumably without thor, don blake just...didn't exist.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    I take it
    It's where Thor's hammer fell to earth after Magneto and Abosrbing Man killed him, obviously it's still in the same spot since no one can move it. And now people worship it as kind of a memorial to all the dead heros

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • frayfray Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wirehead26 wrote: »

I didn't like it. I guess the writing was pretty good, but I didn't buy the Skrull commander's voice at all. It sounded too human. In fact it sounded a little like Nick Fury. Even though I normally hate pretty much anything written by Bendis (except House of M, obviously), I like the way he's been making the Skrulls seem genuinely alien in SI and NA, as in they have a distinct culture, they're not just generic green bad guys fucking with earth for the hell of it.

And from reading this thread, I should probably get Old Man Logan.

fray on
    "I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Why would House of M be obvious?

House of M was terrible.

Bloods End on
    edited July 2008
    Yeah, terribly good.

wwtMask on
    edited July 2008
    Not a big fucking deal

It's just that the thread is there. I kind of understand, but it's a sort of like a twisted version of the loyalty that Peter Parker shows MJ. Sure, she's awesome, my fav female comic-book char, but WHY WOULDN'T YOU HIT THIS!
    BlackCatFHOrange-1.jpg

Because I really don't give a shit and only come here for a handful of threads
    Those threads are not included

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Wait how do you hate Bendis
    Go read Powers
    And if you still say you hate Bendis, then you are a terrible terrible person

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Every single character he's ever written sounds exactly the same. That's why I like House of M, because it's a good story and the Bendispeak isn't as noticeable. Reading secret war made me want to rip out my eyes. Admittedly I haven't read Powers.

fray on
    edited July 2008
    Seriously burn in hell

Me Too! on
    edited July 2008
    Maybe I will.

fray on