As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

On a scale of one to ten...

ScrumptiousScrumptious Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in Debate and/or Discourse
How rad does this look? Getting a new guitar, need to make a choice, my last guitar was a piece of shit. http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RG370DXGP2-Electric-Guitar-512367-i1172558.gc

EDIT: So apparently, the one I was looking at is the fuglyness. Considering this... http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481915&src=3SOSWXXA

Scrumptious on

• Options
    ArceusArceus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Arceus on
  • Options
    RecklessReckless Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There are much better ways to spend $450 on a guitar.

Reckless on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Reckless wrote: »
    Such as?

Scrumptious on
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't know how good a guitar that is in terms of sound and play, but by god, it's ugly.

edit: but you shouldn't care what we think, you should care what you think. if you like it, hey, it's your cash.

Seol on
  • Options
    ArceusArceus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Such as?
    ds-guitar-hero-on-tour.jpg

Arceus on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    big fan of that New Post button, huh OP?

Regardless, I think that guitar looks pretty ugly. Like the kind of thing you'd find under a 10 year old skateboard.

That being said, whatever floats your boat, I guess...

And, do people still say "rad?"

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Arceus wrote: »
    Such as?
    ds-guitar-hero-on-tour.jpg
    Can't see the pic, but from the link I can see that's it's that DS Guitar Hero game. Fuck GH. I'd rather play the real thing.

Scrumptious on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Sentry wrote: »
    big fan of that New Post button, huh OP?

Regardless, I think that guitar looks pretty ugly. Like the kind of thing you'd find under a 10 year old skateboard.

That being said, whatever floats your boat, I guess...

And, do people still say "rad?"
    Yeah, I guess. Sorta caught my eye, wasn't sure though. And I still say rad. Never aloud though. :cry:

Scrumptious on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This should probably be in the guitar thread, or H/A.

But yeah, it's kind of ugly. If you're looking for a new guitar, save a bit more money and get something you won't regret later in life.

James on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »

But yeah, it's kind of ugly. If you're looking for a new guitar, save a bit more money and get something you won't regret later in life.
    Well, how about this? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RGR421EXFM-Electric-Guitar-512459-i1173392.gc

Scrumptious on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    James wrote: »

Well, how about this? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Ibanez-RGR421EXFM-Electric-Guitar-512459-i1173392.gc
    That looks a lot classier.

Seol on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    You know what, disregard the original guitar. It was pretty fugly. I must have been high. This one has me sold http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481915&src=3SOSWXXA.

Scrumptious on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    You know what, disregard the original guitar. It was pretty fugly. I must have been high. This one has me sold http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG-Electric-Guitar?sku=481915&src=3SOSWXXA.
    You shouldn't be sold on anything over a website. If you're spending that sort of money, go into a shop. Try a few. Basswood/flame maple body sounds heavy, for example, and you'll want to check out a few neck profiles to see what's most comfortable. It's far more important that it feels good in your hands than it looks good.

I mean, you're obviously a fair way from decided, you've changed our mind three times in a half hour. But if you want to shop for a new guitar, do it in a guitar shop.

Seol on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Seol wrote: »
    You shouldn't be sold on anything over a website. If you're spending that sort of money, go into a shop. Try a few. Basswood/flame maple body sounds heavy, for example, and you'll want to check out a few neck profiles to see what's most comfortable. It's far more important that it feels good in your hands than it looks good.

I mean, you're obviously a fair way from decided, you've changed our mind three times in a half hour. But if you want to shop for a new guitar, do it in a guitar shop.
    I'm gonna run around downtown and see if we have one that carries Ibanez...I'm in Germany, and there's one guitar shop that isn't more than 5 hours away, and you can't touch ANYTHING in there. I'm not a picky player, I usually deal with I have. This is most likely (Like 95% chance) going to be my last guitar till I move to America, because, well, Guitars cost alot. I have to rely on reviews and looks. And weight isn't a problem, I play mostly Epiphone, and my Ibanez playing friend think its like benching 250 compared to his. Thanks for your insight.

Scrumptious on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I'm gonna run around downtown and see if we have one that carries Ibanez...I'm in Germany, and there's one guitar shop that isn't more than 5 hours away, and you can't touch ANYTHING in there.
    If you're actually buying, and you make it clear that you're serious about actually spending money, they'll let you try them out (or they're a crappy guitar shop). Window-shoppers are one thing, and I wouldn't expect them to allow any old browser to try the guitars out, but selling people guitars based purely on how they look on the rack is, well, just no.

Seol on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Seol wrote: »
    I'm gonna run around downtown and see if we have one that carries Ibanez...I'm in Germany, and there's one guitar shop that isn't more than 5 hours away, and you can't touch ANYTHING in there.
    If you're actually buying, and you make it clear that you're serious about actually spending money, they'll let you try them out (or they're a crappy guitar shop). Window-shoppers are one thing, and I wouldn't expect them to allow any old browser to try the guitars out, but selling people guitars based purely on how they look on the rack is, well, just no.
    I'll see if that works, but more than likely, I'll have to order it. D: Thanks alot, man.

Scrumptious on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Seol speaks wisdom.

Though if you're playing Epiphone electrics, an Ibanez is going to sound very different.

James on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    On a scale of one to ten, I give this thread a lock.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.