Options

Yay gunshots

• Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Weaver wrote: »
    Shit TJ, Smoke done sold us out to those Ballas.

his name is not tarl johnson

you ain't even one of the grove street you busta

Nuzak on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My wife and I got woke up at 2am by flashing red and blue lights in our bedroom windows. Cops were giving a field sobriety test to some guy. Whole thing took like half an hour, we heard the guy say he had a couple of sips of a beer and thats all.

Next lights we saw were the yellow tow truck lights to take his car, since he was getting a free ride in the back of the police car.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2008
    people get shot daily where i live

its like a rite of passage

Unknown User on
  • Options
    honkymcgoohonkymcgoo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Me and one of my buddies(a Marine) were out at the bar after I got back from a tour in iraq, and we heard two loud gunshots. So we sorta made ourselves look super dumb by ducking behind a wall that was nearby and yelling cover real loud, but then after nothing more came of it we kept walking back to my place. Were going up a sidestreet when this cop comes running by holding an m-16. So we asked him "ummm, whats going on?" He said "Some guy just robbed the bank ATM by shooting it open with a shotgun." So we asked "should we be worried?" to which he very calmly replied "Not unless you see a dude with a shotgun walkin around"

honkymcgoo on
    I didn't even know what the fuck and avitar was until about 5 minutes ago.
  • Options
    JigrahJigrah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    honkymcgoo wrote: »
    Me and one of my buddies(a Marine) were out at the bar after I got back from a tour in iraq, and we heard two loud gunshots. So we sorta made ourselves look super dumb by ducking behind a wall that was nearby and yelling cover real loud, but then after nothing more came of it we kept walking back to my place. Were going up a sidestreet when this cop comes running by holding an m-16. So we asked him "ummm, whats going on?" He said "Some guy just robbed the bank ATM by shooting it open with a shotgun." So we asked "should we be worried?" to which he very calmly replied "Not unless you see a dude with a shotgun walkin around"

Hahaha fun story.

It's crazy cops carrying around assault rifles now. Seems the whole police system is getting things changed and more militarized.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Khavall wrote: »
    Elevators breaking: Canada's version of gunfire.

:lol:

I havent lived in the ghetto for a long time but I did grow up in North Pomona during the crack epidemic. Had a crackhouse right across the street, and their neighbors were Mexican gangsters from LA looking to expand. Both houses had a kid my age in them so my family never got hassled.
    This does remind me of a funny story... these gang members were shooting guns off in front of my house one night and my dad goes outside and walks right up to them. I couldnt hear all of the conversation but basically what I did hear went something like: "WTF I got kids in the house, what are you guys doing?"
    They were older cousins and uncles of my best friend who lived next door, and they apolgized, packed it up and went inside.

I found out years later that my dad didnt know they were from next door when he went out... so I never went through that whole angsty teen phase where you diss your parents becuase I knew that if my dad would confront armed gang members he would have no problem putting me in my place.

You make my childhood seem so boring.

A village in cheshire, next to a church and a 16th century pub.

fuck. we didnt have crackhouses.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »

I havent lived in the ghetto for a long time but I did grow up in North Pomona during the crack epidemic. Had a crackhouse right across the street, and their neighbors were Mexican gangsters from LA looking to expand. Both houses had a kid my age in them so my family never got hassled.
    This does remind me of a funny story... these gang members were shooting guns off in front of my house one night and my dad goes outside and walks right up to them. I couldnt hear all of the conversation but basically what I did hear went something like: "WTF I got kids in the house, what are you guys doing?"
    They were older cousins and uncles of my best friend who lived next door, and they apolgized, packed it up and went inside.

I found out years later that my dad didnt know they were from next door when he went out... so I never went through that whole angsty teen phase where you diss your parents becuase I knew that if my dad would confront armed gang members he would have no problem putting me in my place.

not even midsommer murders, or a village s&m orgy

shocking

Nuzak on
  • Options
    beefbeef Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My neighbor accidentally shot my house once.

Bullet hole is still there.

beef on
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tard wrote: »
    You guys read about the decapitation in Manitoba?

Dude stabbed a guy on a Greyhound then cut his head off.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/07/31/greyhound-transcanada.html

Man honestly I feel sorry for those people, they are really scarred for life.

The thing that makes it even more fucked up was it was totally random. The victim was just sleeping and then this guy just started stabbing, totally calm the whole time

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I found out years later that my dad didnt know they were from next door when he went out...

that's pretty badass

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Nuzak wrote: »

shocking

True story, the only time there was a crimescene was when a body was found behind the market, handless. like 10 years ago.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    we've never had any gunshots, murders, drugs, etc.

not much ever really happens here

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    there's gunshots outside my apartment occasionally. there was a knife fight a month or two ago, and earlier this summer a kid went under the back tires of a bus down the street.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008

shocking

True story, the only time there was a crimescene was when a body was found behind the market, handless. like 10 years ago.

that's nothing

last week there was a wedding at my local church where the best man set the groom on fire deliberately

Nuzak on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    a traditional satanist wedding

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

shocking

We had some guy go through his windshield in an accident right next the the AMPM by my parents house in Long Beach.

Problem was, when the paramedics and cops showed up to the accident they couldnt find the guy dead or alive. They figured he survived and ran off somewhere.

The area around the AMPM really started to reek like shit a couple of weeks later ... we had the city sanitary services out there and everything looking for a leak in the sewage lines.

Turns out the dudes body was on top of the AMPM roof.... just chillin up there rotting. I wish I could make something like this up.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    edited August 2008

shocking

that's nothing

last week there was a wedding at my local church where the best man set the groom on fire deliberately

fuck.

i mean seriously.

fuck

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    Kool-Aid GuyKool-Aid Guy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No gunshots, but some awesome police beatdowns

Once we were driving by a park and see this guy in a powder blue tracksuit swinging around a golf club at a couple of cops. We circled the block and when we got back a couple of squad cars had pulled onto the grass into the park, about 5 cops surrounded the crazy guy and one shot him with a beanbag gun. Crazy dude went down instantly and they swarmed over him, so rad.

This other time I was leaving work late and I see all these cop cars all over the shopping center, like a bunch of them are armed with assault rifles and some dudes are standing over a map of the area like they're planning an invasion. Turns out they just took down some guys who were attempting a heist at a jewelry store.

Kool-Aid Guy on
    OH YEEEAAAAHHH
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    it was an elaborate scheme apparently to steal the bride

too bad he didn't count on being caught

Nuzak on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jigrah wrote: »

Hahaha fun story.

It's crazy cops carrying around assault rifles now. Seems the whole police system is getting things changed and more militarized.

The chief of police sits atop Autzen stadium for University of Oregon football games.
    In front of him there is a locked-down sniper rifle and a sharpshooter.
    Just in case shit goes down.
    I guess people take their football seriously.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Trillian wrote: »

Hahaha fun story.

The chief of police sits atop Autzen stadium for University of Oregon football games.

The chief's seen The Last Boyscout one too many times.

Staxeon on
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey Trillian you don't go to Auburn or anything do you? Ever have maybe? Although I could probably find my answer if I looked up that stadium.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was passing 66 on 495 in insane traffic about 6:30pm and I see what is causing the traffic.

An 18 wheeler had crashed, smashed like nothing I've ever seen. I suppose it ran off the road at the end of the overpass, but it looks like someone (the Hulk) picked up the truck and threw it at the hill leading to the overpass.

The contents of the truck, hundreds of cases of Budweiser, smashed against the hill.

The smell was...noticeable.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Hahaha fun story.

I mean we have some crazy policing of our games.

But I don't think we have any fucking snipers.

Though we do have a lot of rape here. In fact, in one of the most awesome moves I have ever seen, there was a year where the PSU safety and whatever committee decided that it would cut down on crime if they designated frat houses as "No rape zones"

Khavall on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I was passing 66 on 495 in insane traffic about 6:30pm and I see what is causing the traffic.

An 18 wheeler had crashed, smashed like nothing I've ever seen. I suppose it ran off the road at the end of the overpass, but it looks like someone (the Hulk) picked up the truck and threw it at the hill leading to the overpass.

The contents of the truck, hundreds of cases of Budweiser, smashed against the hill.

The smell was...noticeable.

Hulk not like european owners! Hulk want american bud back!

Khavall on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hey Trillian you don't go to Auburn or anything do you? Ever have maybe? Although I could probably find my answer if I looked up that stadium.

U of Oregon but I don't go here. My boyfriend does.

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tard wrote: »
    You guys read about the decapitation in Manitoba?

Dude stabbed a guy on a Greyhound then cut his head off.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2008/07/31/greyhound-transcanada.html

Man honestly I feel sorry for those people, they are really scarred for life.

The thing that makes it even more fucked up was it was totally random. The victim was just sleeping and then this guy just started stabbing, totally calm the whole time
    THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited August 2008

U of Oregon but I don't go here. My boyfriend does.

There is this person I hear of from a friend who goes by the handle Trillian, why I asked.

Your boy isn't on their SAE Formula team is he?

Jigrah on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The most police activity I get is when people do burnouts out of the college carpark

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    SephSeph Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    if you live near the ghetto you will hear gunshots at least once every two weeks

at least

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Seph wrote: »
    if you live near the ghetto you will hear gunshots at least once every two weeks

at least

That shit needs to die out, seriously. How can they shoot so many times but still have shooters? How can they be that bad of shots.

Jigrah on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Seph wrote: »

at least

That shit needs to die out, seriously. How can they shoot so many times but still have shooters? How can they be that bad of shots.

You're seriously underestimating the breeding potential of densly populated urban areas, or the "yo baby's daddy" effect.

Staxeon on
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    they just did a major cocaine bust here across the street was in the paper (about 2 months ago)

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    Clayton BigsbyClayton Bigsby Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, guns get fired way too often in my city (#1 in violent crimes among major cities WHOO), you can even hear them in my neighborhood from time to time, which is otherwise just a quiet little suburbs.

Now let's see...When I was about six or seven I was in the car with my aunt and uncle, stopped at an intersection. A couple of teenage kids tried to cross the street and one of them gets hit hard by a guy that was speeding, and I had the pleasure of hearing him scream until he finally died.

Also, I put a link to this in another thread somewhere, but yesterday some dudes not far from where I live thought it would be a good way to fight off some boredom by LIGHTING A PUPPY ON FIRE. SERIOUSLY.

Clayton Bigsby on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have this text conversation saved to my phone because I have the best dad

Spelling errors kept intact
    Dad: Would u believe the cops have our house surrounded and I'm not allowed to go outside

Me: Wait, what? Is it the crack house down the street again?

Dad: Nope mountain lion was seen sitting in our front yard

An hour later

Dad: Still being held prisoner. I even went to find and kill it in or bakyard but it wasn't there

Me: Are you serious?

Dad: Yeah the cops bitched at me for it ad asked wat I would have done, and I told them id shoot it just like they would. They had a funny ass look on there faces when I showed them my gun.

Me: You have a license for it, right?

Dad: Yeah but i don't know what i'll do if they smell the weed on my breath

Me: Good luck, dad

Dad: Right arm

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    damn you got a cool dad

Seph on
    doit.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I wish i even knew a guy like that let alone was his spawn

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    My dad strongly resembles a viking.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    of course he does, he shoots mountain lions

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    My dad strongly resembles a viking.

I'd love to meet a weed-smoking gun-toting viking. That should be on everyone's to-do list.

Staxeon on
    (Twitter)