As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Beast Rider Update p.2 [Dump] NSFW, 56k

2»

• rtsrts Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Another comment I have on the rider - his torso is inproportionately large compared to his legs. It's not really out of the range of human possibility, but its definately pushing it and fairly noticeable. His pecks are also feeling a little small/compressed. And his deltoid is creating a very distinct line over his peck which it wouldn't really do. It looks more like a scar than anatomy. The pectoral muscles actually roll into the deltoid/arm. You have that indicated fairly accurately in the connection between arm and torso but that line along the delt breaks it up. To get really picky, his upper arm feels a little long. And when I say feels I mean feels. It's just one of those things...if I were drawing from life and I drew an arm like that...it would be setting off a little alarm in my head saying "that is probably a bit too long" just from experience.

Overall, looking really cool though man.

rts on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    cakemikz wrote: »
    Another comment I have on the rider - his torso is inproportionately large compared to his legs. It's not really out of the range of human possibility, but its definately pushing it and fairly noticeable.

He's a relative of Michael "large torso" Phelps

Prospicience on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Another comment I have on the rider - his torso is inproportionately large compared to his legs. It's not really out of the range of human possibility, but its definately pushing it and fairly noticeable.

But but, the forward perspective...aw man.

Tam on
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think the reason why the beast's head looks flat is the second belt. The first one (behind the eye) really looks like it is on top of his skull... it has a nice rounded shape to it. The second one (in front of the eye) just looks flat- like its laid on top of the paper this is drawn on instead of the beast's beak.

You might also want to try moving the eye a bit to our leftso it seems like there is more of a ridge where the bones would be.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Last update before I go on whatever bumrush marathon is necessary to finish it.

r5-12.jpg

Tam on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You need some darker tones to get this one popping tam, it feels like your range is too much weighted at the lighter end of the spectrum.

I'd over-paint but I'm crap at over-painting, so I just adjusted the levels for examplerific example.

tamsbirdhorsejw0.png

Mustang on