As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoH/CoV] i13 Live - Unemployment no longer at 100%

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I like Triage on my MM, The bots tend to stick close by for the healing, and combined with caltrops, acid mortar, forcefield generator and poison bomb it can set up a respectable fire base against pretty much anything.
    If I ever get the Numina +Rec/Reg on him or the Miracle +Rec (or both), I'll slot it in. Should be pretty cool to give the entire area a boost to recovery. Don't know how much of a boost it'll be, but somehow I doubt anyone will complain.

Also, to the team that was just killing Rikti with Kheebler in GV, sorry. Got mapserved and can't get back on. I'll try again later.

To Led:
    Could be worse, Earlier this week I spent 3 hours killing people because the radio told me to.
    Life is wierd.

see317 on
  • aunsophaunsoph Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Uniques will only affect you, even if slotted in powers that target others. Slot them in Health instead.

aunsoph on
    edited August 2008
    aunsoph wrote: »
    The Uniques will only affect you, even if slotted in powers that target others. Slot them in Health instead.
    Really? Crap.
    Well, so much for that plan. I had thought they'd affect anyone who was affected by the power.

I suppose that saves me about 20 million Inf, cause lord knows the last thing I need is more endurance(excepting the few minutes at the start of everymission of couse).

see317 on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    see317 wrote: »
    aunsoph wrote: »
    Really? Crap.
    Well, so much for that plan. I had thought they'd affect anyone who was affected by the power.

I suppose that saves me about 20 million Inf, cause lord knows the last thing I need is more endurance(excepting the few minutes at the start of everymission of couse).

Together those two enhancements are over 100 million inf. easily.

Narbus on
  • RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Those Inf numbers are ridiculous to me, especially since the most I've had was 1.8m, and that was at the end of the double XP weekend.

Raggaholic on
    edited August 2008
    Once you get a 50, you can start rolling in it a bit more.

Then you think "oh i'll just buy a set or two."

THEN IT BEGINS.

Narbus on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Narbus wrote: »
    Once you get a 50, you can start rolling in it a bit more.

Then you think "oh i'll just buy a set or two."

THEN IT BEGINS.

Very much this.

When I slotted my first character I spent 350 million inf and I bought the pretty cheap stuff.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • JackanapesJackanapes Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Am I alone in not really wanting player created stuff in game? Or rather, Id prefer other stuff like - reworking zones, adding some new sets, getting Jay to put down his goddamn hashpipe and start making some new costumes?

Player created content just makes me think of all the stuff we could be getting instead. I dont necessarily want to fight through the Wang Factory, in search of the Mystic Wang, and defeat the arch-villain Hung Lo.

:(

Jackanapes on
    edited August 2008
    IF we can customize the mission maps like one can customize a SG/VG base... and IF we can actually create villain groups or at least the big bad... this will be worth the "funny" missions the playerbase will churn out. Cutscenes would help a lot too.

Otherwise, color me uninterested. Because seriously, vanilla maps filled with Freakshow, Freak Tank with a custom name and two lines of custom dialog do NOT warrant all the developing time.

"Defeat 3L3cTr@ and her gang!", doesn't sound that great, even if I write some quirky dialog and clues for the glowies.

aunsoph on
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The game has been getting new costume pieces it seems with the last few released issues. Got a new zone in i12 as well. It's not much of one though. Player created content will be great IMO. Sure you'll have to take out dongzilla every once in a while, but there will be some gold at the bottom of the shit pile. The fact that i13 is taking so long leads me to believe it is massive. A paid expansion will surely be out next year too.

The game is set in stone as it is. They can only refine it so much before people stop caring.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If I ever create a mission it will be solely for exploitation of inf, xp and salvage.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I just spent five minutes beating the hell out of a radio

This game is weird

No no no. You spent five minutes beating the hell out of The Radio. It commands respect.

Radio! RADIO!
    RADIOOOOOOO Free Opportunity!

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    About the same number of ways you can hit someone with mace or an axe, I'd guess.
    Yeah, but most of those ways would look really silly on a shield. Spinning around yourself for a big wind-up to bring a shield down on someone's head sounds a bit Bugs Bunny.

Glal on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Glal wrote: »
    About the same number of ways you can hit someone with mace or an axe, I'd guess.
    Yeah, but most of those ways would look really silly on a shield. Spinning around yourself for a big wind-up to bring a shield down on someone's head sounds a bit Bugs Bunny.
    Ledneh wrote: »
    I just spent five minutes beating the hell out of a radio

This game is weird

Ledneh on
  • GhostalkerGhostalker Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alright, who is up for a LGTF tonight at 9 pm EST?

I've got me so far.

Ruiz - 50 Crab Spider

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LGTF?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
    edited August 2008
    LGTF?

Lady Grey Task Force in the Rikti War Zone.

Level 35-50

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll join with my L43 mastermind. Needs some expeez.

Arcas on
    edited August 2008
    Alas, I'm only level 33. But speaking of Rikti, they invaded St. Martial last night while I was trying to find a mission team. I got invited to a team, and we destroyed some bombs. Then we fought a bunch of Rikti. Then all was calm again.

Why did I do that? Was I suppose to try to find some big baddie, a la the Ghost of the Steelyard guy?

Raggaholic on
    edited August 2008
    Can I join with my 38 WolfSpider?

I have Arachnobots... :oops:

:P

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
    edited August 2008
    Raggaholic wrote: »
    Alas, I'm only level 33. But speaking of Rikti, they invaded St. Martial last night while I was trying to find a mission team. I got invited to a team, and we destroyed some bombs. Then we fought a bunch of Rikti. Then all was calm again.

Why did I do that? Was I suppose to try to find some big baddie, a la the Ghost of the Steelyard guy?

No, thats pretty much par for course as far as Rikti attacks go.

GalagaGalaxian on
  • RagRag Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd probably be up for the LGTF, either on Robotham or on my dominator if I can get her to 35.

Rag on
    edited August 2008

So the Rikti invasions are pretty much "Hey, here's some more mobs in the area." Earlier last night, I watched them kill an AFK guy at the arbiter, and had I not had my toggles running, they probably would have done a job on me too.

Raggaholic on
    edited August 2008

So the Rikti invasions are pretty much "Hey, here's some more mobs in the area." Earlier last night, I watched them kill an AFK guy at the arbiter, and had I not had my toggles running, they probably would have done a job on me too.
    More or less. If you get in with a good team, or find an area where lot's of players are, Rikti Elite Bosses will start to spawn. Giant floating balls of laser beam death.
    Kill 10 bombs, 100 Invasion Rikti and 10 EB's and you get an accolade power. (I'm not completely sure of the numbers though...)

see317 on
    edited August 2008

If you can blow up enough unexploded bombs, you get a badge.

If you kill enough invading rikti, you get another badge

If you kill enough of the heavy assualt suits, you get a third badge.

Get all three of these badges and you get the watchman accolade. It is a psi res/def click power, and if you are the right AT, you'll unlock some rikti weapons.

Narbus on
  • LepLep Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd be up for the LGTF tonight.

Lep on
  • MimasMimas Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So a couple of days ago I rolled my first character on Virtue, is the PA SG still taking people?

Mimas on
    edited August 2008
    Mimas wrote: »
    So a couple of days ago I rolled my first character on Virtue, is the PA SG still taking people?

Always.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
  • hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    LGTF?! But I just got Company of Heroes! Gaaaaaaah.

hippofant on
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really wish BAB would find some Claws animations and fucking stick with them.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • CorvusCorvus . VancouverRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FYI, they're testing the Zombie Apocalypse again tomorrow at 1:30-3:00PM Pacific time.

Corvus on
    :so_raven:
    edited August 2008
    So, I'm starting to suffer from altitis, I find myself wanting to make a new parody/homage/ripoff character:

disgaeagordonre5.jpg
    captaingordonki3.png

I think I prefer the costume on the right, but I dunno, also, I have no fucking clue what powerset or AT to make him.

(comparing the pics sideby side I need to make the stripes more orangeish...)

I was thinking a Broadsword/Willpower Scrapper, use the Tech Sword and eventually upgrade to a Talsorian sword.

GalagaGalaxian on
    edited August 2008
    I'd desaturate the colors a bit, but since I don't know the character, I can't offer any other criticism or suggestions. :P

aunsoph on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah i have no idea what that is

Pony on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fools! Do you not recognize Gordon, Defender of Earth?!
    He's a character from Disgaea. Pompous, overblown pulp-action spaceman with a bikini-clad hot chick sidekick and a robot named Thursday. It doesn't get any better than that.

Bitstream on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Not to mention that the hot-chick bikini-clad sidekick is the REAL brains in the party. She'd be MA/SR (oh god she got screwed) and he'd be either AR/Dev Blaster, or yeah, BS/WP with a tech sword should work. I always used Guns on Gordon, though.

Kay2 on
    edited August 2008
    I gave him a lightsaber the second I found one. :P

Modified the outfit, this is probably what I'll go with.
    captaingordon2qe4.png

Not super happy about the neck area, but not much I can do, I'll probably cover it with a cape at 20 or something, forget the fact that its supposed to be a corny space suit, the 38th Defender of the Earth should have a cape!

GalagaGalaxian on
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Clown/Jester neck thing could work, that kind of looks like the thing in that picture.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
    edited August 2008
    Tried that, too bulky, also the "Heavy Chain" shoulder detail, but that looked funny.

[edit] and of course, now I can't think of a name for him, "Captain Griffin" is the only thing I can think of so far but thats fairly "meh"

GalagaGalaxian on
    edited August 2008
    LGTF starting as soon as you fools get online.

Ghostalker on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.