As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CoH/CoV] i13 Live - Unemployment no longer at 100%

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tried that, too bulky, also the "Heavy Chain" shoulder detail, but that looked funny.

[edit] and of course, now I can't think of a name for him, "Captain Griffin" is the only thing I can think of so far but thats fairly "meh"

How about just "Defender of the Earth!!!!"

Nocren on
    newSig.jpg
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That's odd, the server just dropped me and I can't get back on.

Pb on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I gave him a lightsaber the second I found one. :P

Modified the outfit, this is probably what I'll go with.
    captaingordon2qe4.png

Not super happy about the neck area, but not much I can do, I'll probably cover it with a cape at 20 or something, forget the fact that its supposed to be a corny space suit, the 38th Defender of the Earth should have a cape!
    He still looks pretty beefy compared to the picture that you posted. I'd move some of the sliders to the left to thin him up a bit.

see317 on
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, I think I did.

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • RaggaholicRaggaholic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Can anyone tell me how to make MM not suck before getting an assault bot? It takes me forever to kill things. I easily have the lowest DPS in the groups I'm in.

Raggaholic on
  • Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Suck it up and team, I guess. Once you hit 32, you'll suddenly become a force of nature, more or less so depending on your secondary.

Robot DPS increases dramatically after you get the Assbot.

Kay2 on
  • RagRag Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Unfortunately, unlike most of the other MM sets, the majority of the damage for robots is tied up in the assbot. The probots and battle drones are alright, but only once you hit 32 and they get their AoEs, at which point the assbot gets the missiles anyway, which are absurdly strong compared to your other robots.

Rag on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, you never want to exemplar below 32 with a Bot MM once you get over it. Ever. It huuuuuuurts.

Glal on
    edited August 2008
    But playing my MM is just... brutal. I'm level 19 and it's pretty slow and go. Had I known it was going to be like this, I would have leveled him instead of my brute on the double XP weekend.

Level 32? I get the assault bot around 26, right?

Raggaholic on
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Raggaholic wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how to make MM not suck before getting an assault bot? It takes me forever to kill things. I easily have the lowest DPS in the groups I'm in.
    What's your secondary?
    Also, what are you fighting?
    Finally, are you using binds to control them?

You get the Assbot at 28 (IIRC), but 32 is your final upgrade power which turns him from a machine into an AoE Rape Machine.

see317 on
    edited August 2008
    see317 wrote: »
    Raggaholic wrote: »
    What's your secondary?
    Also, what are you fighting?
    Finally, are you using binds to control them?

I'm Bots/FF. I didn't take it because it was the most effective. I just liked the theme with the character (yeah, I'm a slave to that). Last night I was fighting Clockwork, and I've never seen them before. They were two levels higher, but they were just decimating my bots.

I'm controlling the bots via the normal controls. I'm using the medicine pool to heal them when need be and the force bubble to keep things from melee range.

Raggaholic on
  • NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7148957&an=0&page=0#Post7148957

Here. These are just about required for any MMs. They turn your numerical keybad into a control box for your pets. It's a WORLD of difference.

Also, bots/ff is one of the more effective MM setups. The protectorbot bubbles plus your bubbles leave your bots pretty much unkillable.

Narbus on
  • RagRag Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, being /FF is a little boring since it doesn't leave you with much to actually do other than order your bots around. This, coupled with bots being a rather late blooming primary probably isn't helping you much.

Rag on
    edited August 2008
    Rag wrote: »
    Well, being /FF is a little boring since it doesn't leave you with much to actually do other than order your bots around. This, coupled with bots being a rather late blooming primary probably isn't helping you much.
    Yeah, I do feel kinda dumb just standing there with my MM when I'm so active with my brute.

About binds, is there any way to do macros? Basically I'd want to be able to do something like change costume, say something in local, and then do my first attack, but kinda all at the same time if you will. I know SWG had macros you could do to do something like this. Anything for COX?

Raggaholic on
    edited August 2008
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Soo... I was looking to try out CoH/CoV. Do I need a code from someone, or can I just download a trial somewhere? Initial google results looked grim.

Acheron on
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    PM me your email and I can send you a trial.

Arcas on
  • AcheronAcheron Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thanks man, that was a nice thing to do for a stranger. I've been waiting for my Xbox AND my Wii to return from the grave (how rare is that for a Wii to break?) and I have been lacking video games.

Acheron on
  • ArcasArcas Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No problem. I'd suggest joining the Penny Arcade channel but I'm not sure if they removed that from the trial accounts.

Arcas on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Booya! My first 50! And it only took me like eight years or whatever to do it!

...jesus

Ledneh on
  • BitstreamBitstream Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, unfortunately trial accounts are forbidden from even thinking about the global channels.

[Edit] - Congrats, Ledneh! Now I don't feel quite as bad for finally hitting 50 in May :P

Bitstream on
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, I need a name and theme for my crab spider

Has OH CRIPES SPIDER ON MY BACK SEND HELP been overdone yet

Ledneh on
  • StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Hmm, I need a name and theme for my crab spider

Has OH CRIPES SPIDER ON MY BACK SEND HELP been overdone yet

I saw a VERY well done crab spider / lobster named "Maine Event" last week.

I just wish the pack could be customized a little move. Not crazy, just maybe a little size control or other options beyond colors.

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So who would I go to for a trial? Also are the accounts for Euro/US diffrent?

Scroffus on
    edited August 2008
    They are. I think most everyone here is on the US servers, including the europeans.

If you want a trial, PM someone and ask! (Not Gear, though. Gear already has too many free months from introducing PA-folk.)

Kay2 on
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh, oh me me me! PM me your email and I'll send ya a trial code after I get off work in 5-6 hours. :P

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • MackenzierMackenzier Gold Star Police Ninja Lurking... less than usual.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »

...jesus

Congrats! Some of us take a while, but we get there. Have fun with the VEATs, I'm still grinding towards that one.

Mackenzier on
    Steam: Mackenzier
    FFRK: 9rRG
    edited August 2008
    Hmm so are the clients diffrent for euro/america? I'm not sure which one I'm downloading right now.

Scroffus on
    edited August 2008
    The difference is that the Euro launcher points you to the Euro servers, and the US launcher points you to the US servers. I think it depends where you downloaded it from, and where you said you were.

Kay2 on
    edited August 2008
    Is there an ini file somewhere I can change? *Heads to google*

Scroffus on
    edited August 2008
    Why not just download the right one from the start? :P

Kay2 on
    edited August 2008
    Because I was already halfway through it then (and nearly done now). I'll just hope its the right one then I guess.

Scroffus on
    edited August 2008
    Whee its letting me in, but now it keeps freezing while I create a character.

Scroffus on
  • Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Kay wrote: »
    They are. I think most everyone here is on the US servers, including the europeans.

If you want a trial, PM someone and ask! (Not Gear, though. Gear already has too many free months from introducing PA-folk.)

Lies.

Gear Girl on
    edited August 2008
    Yes, my bot mastermind is up to level 21!!!
    ...but 32 is still so far away...:(:(

Raggaholic on
  • Operative21Operative21 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ledneh wrote:

...jesus

I wouldn't worry about it - when you reach 50 unless you're really dedicated to improving that character with IO sets, chances are you'll just start a new alt anyhow. I've found its more important to enjoy the journey to 50 rather than just rushing all the way there.

Personally speaking, I'm starting to have the problem of running out of lower level characters to play now unless I want to exemplar alot. I have no characters under level 30. So for the moment at least I've been focusing on buying purples for the characters I play the most, oh and badge/accolade collecting. A wonderful thing those badges/accolades. They give me so much to do on my post-50 characters.

Operative21 on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    yeah, i remember when Ein was dual-boxing and power-levelling his alt account to 50 and we were like "Ein, man, you're kinda missing the point of the game, dude"

Pony on
    edited August 2008
    Don't get me wrong, I love that character

's why I finally got him to 50

I just reallllllly wanted to unlock VEATs so I rushed through the last 5 or so as hard as possible

Ledneh on
    edited August 2008
    http://boards.cityofheroes.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=11615699&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1
    As missions are played and more people positively rate them, the creator gains rewards and access to unlockable content for his/her missions. Rewards will also be given to players of the missions. Players will gain rewards such as badges and even XP for playing user created missions and StoryArcs.

Here is a list of the feature from the player based mission creator...

1.) Write your own dialog for all aspects of the mission.
    2.) Build Missions and Story Arcs using a Character Creator-like interface
    3.) Players can build powers for some NPCs by selecting from a group of primary and secondary power pools and attaching them to the NPCs
    4.)Players can build a boss (and other NPCs) to place within their mission by creating its looks in the Character Creator and assigning it the powers of an existing NPC (non playable character)
    5.) Select a variety of components for the overall mission including Level Range, Map, Length, Villain Group, Pacing, Time to Complete, Goals/type of mission, etc.
    6.) Customize Encounters to your preference (Place in End Room, Select Villain Group, Name Boss, Select Critter Type, Select Hostage NPC Critter, etc.)
    7.) Using an in-game auction house type interface, other players can find user created StoryArcs across all shards
    8.) Creators can include their own character as a contact within the mission(s)
    9.) Creators don't have access to high level content (environments, NPCs, etc.) until their own characters have encountered/defeated them in the main game.
    10.) Using an out-of-game web interface, other players can find user created StoryArcs across all shards
    11.) Rewarding creators of the most popular content with exclusive unlockable content such as signature heroes and villains or unique maps
    12.) A rating system that allows players to rate missions or flag them for inappropriate content, allowing the developer to remove bad content and potentially ban players
    13.) Players can enter the mission maps to adjust placement of the NPC spawns from their pre-selected positions
    MissionSimulator12.jpg

PS: Lighthouse already commented in the thread and didn't delete/lock or anything so apparently this is all fair game to talk about! Wheee!

But he did say 'I want to reiterate what Niviene said here and remind that this is purely market research.' So take that for whatever it's worth.

EDIT! Man the mission maker was too neat. I didn't really read the rest of the survery.
    1.) New high level Space Station Zones (PVE, PVP, & Co-op)
    2.) Characters that do not wish to change sides are rewarded by becoming exemplary heroes or villains, and earning rewards not available any other way
    3.) Heroes and villains who go to the other side can also act as Double-Agents
    4.) Character Creator 2.0 includes Powers Customization, allowing players to customize not only the character, but also the actual look of its powers
    5.) Players undertake missions that define their character's morality and steer them in a more heroic or villainous direction
    6.) By switching sides (going from good to bad or bad to good), players can access content "on the other side" (heroes can experience villain zones and content, and villains can experience hero zones and content)
    7.) Completely new low-level player experience/zones for new characters in which new characters do not begin a hero or villain, rather become one or the other through early gameplay
    8.) New Spy Archetype, Power Sets & Costumes
    9.) Universal Enhancement Slots - at level 50, these enhance powers to the character, essentially bringing them to a hypothetical "Level 60" once they have earned all ten slots

So, however much is marketing, if like HALF this stuff makes it into the game I'll be all a flutter.

Narbus on
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    How does set effect stacking work again? If I were to stick Kinetic Crash into my KB powers, would I get the set bonus for each set, or just a certain number of them?

Glal on
This discussion has been closed.