As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Random PAX-related stories

• Options
    TomExMachinaTomExMachina Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Dewar wrote:
    Damn, I must have missed you. I could have used more drinks.

Though my bank account probably disagrees

I was with the NESkimos and CCST. Free beer to be had by all!

The good liquor was at my party on sunday though.

As stated in another topic, my burps still taste of margaritas.

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Me and my pick up team won third place in the DoD tournament.

The guy gave us some intel Extreme edition processor and told us "here you can work out who get's this outside PAX is closing"

Turns out it was an 1100 dollar processor, and one of our guys bought it from the rest of us for 800 bucks, that's 160 each.

Not bad for third place.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Uriel wrote:

The guy gave us some intel Extreme edition processor and told us "here you can work out who get's this outside PAX is closing"

Turns out it was an 1100 dollar processor, and one of our guys bought it from the rest of us for 800 bucks, that's 160 each.

Not bad for third place.
    Oh. I walked by you then. You were talking about "lols make the check out to cash. lawls. that's cool, making checks out to "chash" "

You didn't say hi to me. :cry:

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Uriel wrote:

Not bad for third place.
    Oh. I walked by you then. You were talking about "lols make the check out to cash. lawls. that's cool, making checks out to "chash" "

I wasn't talking about that they were.

I was the fat one.

I didn't see you, I'm sure I woulda recognized you.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Uriel wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Uriel wrote:

Not bad for third place.

I was the fat one.

Well at least the light bouncing off each other bodies entered the corners of each others eyes, even though we didn't realize it. :p

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Uriel wrote:
    PikaPuff wrote:
    Uriel wrote:

Not bad for third place.

I was the fat one.

Well at least the light bouncing off each other bodies entered the corners of each others eyes, even though we didn't realize it. :p
    To bad.

I actually ended up getting my share in cash.

Really cool for third place, and it was a fun tournament.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Another time I was hit on was during the late night Smash Bros party in the Hilton.

I was at that party. I think you and I were looking through the forums/YouTube for a video of the ball incident.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    FerquinFerquin Snorlax Renton, WA, USARegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    This guy, as he was showing off the lightsabres, kinda pleads with the crown not to put him on the YouTube.

This is a heartwarming little scene. One of my coworkers was teaching his little sister (yes, that's a girl) how to play SMB.

Ferquin on
    Ferquin N.C. Root
  • Options
    OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    SuperPunch wrote:
    Raiden333 wrote:
    Only at PAX can the conversation at an afterparty shift from inventing new obscene sex acts with hilarious names to how awesome the old Power Rangers was.

That is so true.

Oh my god, I was there! And for anyone playing at home... Never get a Hot Lunch...

Officer on
  • Options
    WazWaz Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Recruit wrote:
    SuperPunch wrote:
    Raiden333 wrote:
    Only at PAX can the conversation at an afterparty shift from inventing new obscene sex acts with hilarious names to how awesome the old Power Rangers was.

That is so true.

Oh my god, I was there! And for anyone playing at home... Never get a Hot Lunch...
    And pray to God you never experiance a Jim Henson.

Waz on
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Waz wrote:
    Recruit wrote:
    SuperPunch wrote:
    Raiden333 wrote:

That is so true.

And pray to God you never experiance a Jim Henson.

DUDES! This is Ollie. You know. The hippy guy. Who shared the stuff. I never got anyone's AIM/MSN/whatever except Meghan's. PM me.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Meaghan. That was me. I was the girl!

I got Recruits AIM (get MSN damnit), and I can give you pretty much everyone elses in that room too. All of them except Armel live in my town. My MSN is ioncekilledamaninvagas@hotmail.com.
    Add me.

Waz on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Waz wrote:
    Meaghan. That was me. I was the girl!

I got Recruits AIM (get MSN damnit), and I can give you pretty much everyone elses in that room too. All of them except Armel live in my town. My MSN is ioncekilledamaninvagas@hotmail.com.
    Add me.

wait... were you by chance sitting in the hilton lobby at about 1130 monday morning?

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    This is very possible.
    I was with Trillian and had a bunch of bags.

Waz on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Waz wrote:
    This is very possible.
    I was with Trillian and had a bunch of bags.

Sweet then. Hi I'm Tom, you are invited to my party.

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Another time I was hit on was during the late night Smash Bros party in the Hilton. Some guy walks in and says, "HOLY CRAP, an Asian chick!" I say "Yes, my name is Asian chick." He says. "Are you legal?" I say "Yes, I'm legal." He says "You wanna go for a drink?" And I say, "I don't drink." And that seemed to completely confuse him cuz he just stopped.

I was there, too!

I wasn't hitting on you, though.
    I hope you thought I was a gentleman.

To be fair, I wasn't hitting on her...

I was just suprised an asian girl was there is all.

I invited everyone for drinks.
    Ah, I normally assume someone's hitting on me when they ask me if I'm legal. S'okay, Tom, I was (and still am) too tired to be offended :P

I remember Superjoe. And I remember Doc! I looked over his shoulder and caught a glimpse into the ethereal world of the mod forums. It was like peering into another dimension. I couldn't comprehend what I saw.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Another time I was hit on was during the late night Smash Bros party in the Hilton. Some guy walks in and says, "HOLY CRAP, an Asian chick!" I say "Yes, my name is Asian chick." He says. "Are you legal?" I say "Yes, I'm legal." He says "You wanna go for a drink?" And I say, "I don't drink." And that seemed to completely confuse him cuz he just stopped.

I was there, too!

Ah, I normally assume someone's hitting on me when they ask me if I'm legal. S'okay, Tom, I was (and still am) too tired to be offended :P
    K groovy.
    Eyes5 wrote:

I remember Superjoe. And I remember Doc! I looked over his shoulder and caught a glimpse into the ethereal world of the mod forums. It was like peering into another dimension. I couldn't comprehend what I saw.
    How did you get 30 feet in the air to see over his shoulder?

TomExMachina on
  • Options
    Eyes5Eyes5 Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    How did you get 30 feet in the air to see over his shoulder?
    He was sitting down. After I climbed onto his shoulder, it was easy. It's not like he has an afro I have to claw through.

Eyes5 on
  • Options
    Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Assassinating Pirates.

Pirates: 0
    Me: 5

Ninja are better.

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
    enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    Not particularly funny...

I had a flat tire in the parking lot under the MC, and two guys helped me fix it. thanks, random guys!

Also, me and my friend didn't get a hotel for the trip, because it was cheaper. Within 5 minutes of arriving in Bellvue, we had some friends to crash with. I love ths convention.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    superjoesuperjoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:

I was there, too!

zomg I am remembered

I didn't really exchange names with a whole lot of people. Shyness and all, I suppose. Besides, I only know you people by your avatars XP

Suggestion: For next year's PAX pre-registration, there should be a line with your forum name on the badge.

superjoe on
    IlOZ6.png
  • Options
    leafleaf Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    One in our group said it best, "what happens at [pax], stays at [pax]."

leaf on
    newsig-notweed.jpg
  • Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    sup3rj0e wrote:
    Suggestion: For next year's PAX pre-registration, there should be a line with your forum name on the badge.

I wholly endorse this, since I had to use a napkin from Las Margaritas this year with my name on it.

Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2006
    muuphish wrote:
    He is officially the coolest hobo of all time, and I nominate him for king of hobotown.
    Wait, a hobo in Bellevue? I didn't know such a thing existed!
    U-district, day after PAX.

Ah, now it makes sense. I saw no hobos, vagabonds, or bums in Bellevue, but the U-District has way more than necessary. They should move some of them to Bellevue, like the bum who lives in my ally and wears a bag on his head like a hat.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    One of my most memorable moments.

Standing in line for the Exhibition Hall Saturday morning, some lady driving by stops in her car to ask what is going on.

"It's the Penny Arcade Expo!" someone says.

Bellevue woman looks confused.

"WE'RE HERE TO PLAY XBOX!!" Someone else yells.

You could see the lightbulb appear over her head, she understands, smiles and drives away.

I really laughed at that.

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    During the friday night concert with the video game pianist. I was holding my cell phone up when my finger touched the volume button by mistake. I have the codec noise as my ring tone and the guys around me laughed. So if anyone heard that ya that was me.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Cymoro wrote:
    sup3rj0e wrote:

I wholly endorse this, since I had to use a napkin from Las Margaritas this year with my name on it.

Trillian was passing out very official looking plastic cards that you could write the forum name on, and put on the other side of the badge holder. A bunch of us had them.

Doc on
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    I like to wear my I AM SAMUS shirt around because people will mistake me for Samus. Last year some people were like "Are you Samus?" I said "Yes, I am Samus." "Does Samus want some gin?" He hands me a shady Dairy Queen paper cup. I say "...Samus doesn't drink gin." He says "I thought Samus was taller."

I guess I should be glad that I didn't bump into you on day one while wearing my "I Scored With Samus" shirt. THAT..would have been awkward. :)

etoychest on
  • Options
    TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Doc wrote:
    Cymoro wrote:
    sup3rj0e wrote:

Trillian was passing out very official looking plastic cards that you could write the forum name on, and put on the other side of the badge holder. A bunch of us had them.

I gave one to Bernie from Red vs Blue. He was pretty impressed by them.
    The cards were made by PolaGo, and there are a ton more of them taking up space in my closet, so they'll be making a reappearance

Trillian on

They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Trillian wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Cymoro wrote:
    sup3rj0e wrote:

I gave one to Bernie from Red vs Blue. He was pretty impressed by them.
    The cards were made by PolaGo, and there are a ton more of them taking up space in my closet, so they'll be making a reappearance
    I wish I had gotten mine earlier

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    muuphish wrote:

Ah, now it makes sense. I saw no hobos, vagabonds, or bums in Bellevue, but the U-District has way more than necessary. They should move some of them to Bellevue, like the bum who lives in my ally and wears a bag on his head like a hat.

The guy that has a bag full of more plastic bags? He's nuts.

Most of the of the bum-like children on the Ave, in the U-district actually live in Bellevue, when they're not running away/hanging out/asking for your change or smokes.

All the Bellevue natives were put to death by rabid soccer moms.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SamyelSamyel Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    My weirdest experience was getting from the pier (I came in on the Clipper) to the hotel, and back again.

I was travelling alone, and looking for a cab to the Red Lion. A guy driving a town car offered to take me, so I went with him. We chatted the entire way, and he seemed a little strange but in a friendly sort of way. I joked about looking for work in the states, but being denied due to my inexcusable Canadianness.

He gave me a really good deal on the trip, and his card, so I called him for the trip back to the Clipper. On the way back, he asked me lots of questions about my dating life, if I'd hooked up with any guys at PAX, and wanted to talk about sex an awful lot. He offered to be my American husband so that I could work in Seattle.

Now, crazy always goes straight for me, but I walked into this one, so I tried to cope with as much grace as possible, mostly by politely "misunderstanding" his more inappropriate comments. (No, I don't want to talk about the typical penis size of different ethnicities. Really, I don't.)

When he dropped me off, he called me a very sweet girl and didn't charge me. I handed him a $20 and fled.

Another weird one was when I went over to the RvB booth. I know Kathleen (Tex) from another event, and she leaned over to give me a hug. I swear to god I saw a camera flash go off. I found it a little hard to believe that two fully-dressed adult women was that exciting.

Samyel on
    "It is inhumane, in my opinion, to force people who have a genuine medical need for coffee to wait in line behind people who apparently view it as some kind of recreational activity."
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    I got real drunk and handed out elitism cards to people who post in SE++

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited August 2006
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:

I was there, too!

You looked over doc's shoulder? I didn't think it was possible. Actually, I was in there too watching the secret mod forums as everybody asked if they were on the forumers to watch list. Did anybody from that room actually make it down the hall to Sealab for drinky goodness. That party was out of hand and kept moving between 221 and 227 to confuse the security guy who kept trying to shut us down (no he did not succeed... ever!)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I got real drunk and handed out elitism cards to people who post in SE++

I still have mine.

Weaver on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Samyel wrote:
    My weirdest experience was getting from the pier (I came in on the Clipper) to the hotel, and back again.

I was travelling alone, and looking for a cab to the Red Lion. A guy driving a town car offered to take me, so I went with him. We chatted the entire way, and he seemed a little strange but in a friendly sort of way. I joked about looking for work in the states, but being denied due to my inexcusable Canadianness.

He gave me a really good deal on the trip, and his card, so I called him for the trip back to the Clipper. On the way back, he asked me lots of questions about my dating life, if I'd hooked up with any guys at PAX, and wanted to talk about sex an awful lot. He offered to be my American husband so that I could work in Seattle.

Now, crazy always goes straight for me, but I walked into this one, so I tried to cope with as much grace as possible, mostly by politely "misunderstanding" his more inappropriate comments. (No, I don't want to talk about the typical penis size of different ethnicities. Really, I don't.)

When he dropped me off, he called me a very sweet girl and didn't charge me. I handed him a $20 and fled.

Another weird one was when I went over to the RvB booth. I know Kathleen (Tex) from another event, and she leaned over to give me a hug. I swear to god I saw a camera flash go off. I found it a little hard to believe that two fully-dressed adult women was that exciting.

You lead a creepy life.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Moe_Fwacky wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:
    Doc wrote:
    Eyes5 wrote:

I was there, too!

You looked over doc's shoulder? I didn't think it was possible. Actually, I was in there too watching the secret mod forums as everybody asked if they were on the forumers to watch list. Did anybody from that room actually make it down the hall to Sealab for drinky goodness. That party was out of hand and kept moving between 221 and 227 to confuse the security guy who kept trying to shut us down (no he did not succeed... ever!)

To anyone watching the thread:
    No, I did not tell anyone if they were on the watch list. I opened the mod forums for a second, pointed out the "forumers to watch" thread title, then closed the mod forums. I like to keep people on their toes.

Doc on
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2006
    Doc, you're on notice.

Munkus Beaver on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Doc, you're on notice.
    noes

Doc on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    As punishment, I have to shave your head.

lawlz

Munkus Beaver on
This discussion has been closed.