As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

• robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Peanuts are an amalgam, possibly resulting from a fusion of the mad gods of peas and nuts.

robosagogo on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Cross-posted from GnT, any word on how Moon Knight plays? Is he any good?

He isn't bad. His staff slam is kinda cool. Not really remarkable though. He looks really good.

Alternatively, does anyone know where I can find a list of training disks? I'm missing a few.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Cross-posted from GnT, any word on how Moon Knight plays? Is he any good?

He isn't bad. His staff slam is kinda cool. Not really remarkable though. He looks really good.

Alternatively, does anyone know where I can find a list of training disks? I'm missing a few.
    gamefaqs will have one up within a week probably

deadonthestreet on
  • YumcakeYumcake Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Ironman and Deadpool's second team "Boost" powers are really cheap when combined. Ironman grants infinite energy for all intents and purposes(you can only run out by not using powers to fight). Deadpool adds a significant amount of damage to every hit. So those really weak rapid-tap hits become amazingly strong.

Deadpool can just hold down whirlwind for massive non-stop AoE damage since he's got infinite energy, plus a damage boost.

If health becomes a problem, silver surfer has infinite heals to spam since he's got infinite energy:P

Yumcake on
    Cake is yum, is yum cake? I think, therefore I am. I am... Yumcake.

kelbear1.png
  • KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator mod
    edited October 2006
    jesus christ almighty

i am in love with ghost rider

i'm pretty disappointed that the penance stare is fucking gay, but the rest of his powers are ri-goddamned-diculous

I took out the wrecking crew in four hits apiece

Knob on
  • SkankPlayaSkankPlaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    someone tell me where the in game action figures are hidden.

also, tell me how to beat the part in Mephisto's place right after you encounter the captured x-men.

SkankPlaya on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    SkankPlaya wrote:

also, tell me how to beat the part in Mephisto's place right after you encounter the captured x-men.

You mean the gauntlet right after? Keep attacking and keep moving foward. The gates eventually open up as you kill a certain amount of enemies. Then, at the very end, jump into the purple portal thing.

For Mephisto -
    [spoiler:8ea8a3b180]Keep attacking him until he takes out his sword, then grab the sword and use it to smash the statues of the fallen X-Man. Repeat until you get every one of them. Afterwards, keep attacking Mephisto, then your fallen comrade will help. [/spoiler:8ea8a3b180]

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    SkankPlaya wrote:

You mean the gauntlet right after? Keep attacking and keep moving foward. The gates eventually open up as you kill a certain amount of enemies. Then, at the very end, jump into the purple portal thing.

For Mephisto -
    [spoiler:6e80638016]Keep attacking him until he takes out his sword, then grab the sword and use it to smash the statues of the fallen X-Man. Repeat until you get every one of them. Afterwards, keep attacking Mephisto, then your fallen comrade will help. [/spoiler:6e80638016]

Alternatively, you can use a character who fly's and just fly to the portal. Your other characters will take very little damage. Then you just kill enemies until it opens. There's a comic disk in this part, so don't miss it.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
    edited October 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Alternatively, you can use a character who fly's and just fly to the portal. Your other characters will take very little damage. Then you just kill enemies until it opens. There's a comic disk in this part, so don't miss it.

Weren't there gates that you couldn't fly past?

I wish you could replay levels whenever you wanted to, using the same save. I need to eventually get my X-Men and Fantastic Four action going.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Sentry wrote:

Weren't there gates that you couldn't fly past?

I wish you could replay levels whenever you wanted to, using the same save. I need to eventually get my X-Men and Fantastic Four action going.

Actually, I was able to fly over the gates. I had to kill a few enemies though, so maybe the number needed to open the gates is really low.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Dracula's a tough son of a bitch.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    also guys

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3154748

If consider yourself frugal gamer (and who would blame you with two consoles launching in under a month) and were contemplating holding out on picking up Marvel: Ultimate Alliance on the 360 until after a price drop... ordering a copy from Play-Asia, for $43 after shipping, might be just what the doctor ordered.

The version being sold by Play-Asia lacks the copy protection that makes most games from other regions unplayable in American 360s. With the game still retailing for $59.99 plus tax at most major retailers in America, this can save you $17 dollars to put towards your future purchases this Fall. And that's something we can all get behind.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006

what?

i never fought dracula

i am also missing 3 unlockables

i assume i need to find one more daredevil action figure and one more black panther figure for them

but what for the last guy? beat it on hard maybe?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:

what?

i never fought dracula

i assume i need to find one more daredevil action figure and one more black panther figure for them

comic book mission for blade

he's not really called dracula though but you KNOW that's who he's supposed to be

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:

what?

i never fought dracula

comic book mission for blade

he's not really called dracula though but you KNOW that's who he's supposed to be

Blade only hunts Blaculas.

Bloods End on
    edited October 2006
    thanks for the help, i'll go do that stuff.

SkankPlaya on
  • GABBO GABBO GABBOGABBO GABBO GABBO Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Knob wrote:
    dude

did mark hamill voice arcade

because if not then whoever did arcade is basically doing a pretty good impression of hamill's joker voice

I thought the exact same thing.
    Also t: Knob, once you unlock the classic GR costume you can spend points to give him a % chance to revive dead members. Right now he's got a 35% resurrection rate.

My team consists of: Spider-Woman (Who is woefully underrated), Ghost Rider, The Thing, and Daredevil (because I haxored for him).

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited October 2006
    argh argh i can't find this last daredevil action figure

son of a bitch

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So what's this thing about not being able to unlock costumes?

Fencingsax on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Can you change your team and team name after the fact?

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:

I don't know, why not explain this thing.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2006
    Fencingsax wrote:

Don't use the codes to unlock costumes or characters because it wipes out your achievements and is retarded.
    Some fuck in G&T told me that using the codes for "non game breaking things like unlocking characters" wouldn't hose you, but it does.
    So don't do it.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Heh heh.

achievements

august on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Good thing I'm playing the PS2 version!

cheatcheatcheatcheatcheat

Furu on
    edited October 2006
    As far as I know, the only two codes that won't kill your achievments are the two retail codes to unlock DD and Silver Surfer

Bad Karma on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Furu wrote:
    Good thing I'm playing the PS2 version!

cheatcheatcheatcheatcheat
    Hells yeah.

deadonthestreet on
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    As far as I know, the only two codes that won't kill your achievments are the two retail codes to unlock DD and Silver Surfer

Pretty much, but I'm already fucked so I'm gonna unlock all the costumes tonight.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
    edited October 2006
    Manifest wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    dude

because if not then whoever did arcade is basically doing a pretty good impression of hamill's joker voice

Also t: Knob, once you unlock the classic GR costume you can spend points to give him a % chance to revive dead members. Right now he's got a 35% resurrection rate.

My team consists of: Spider-Woman (Who is woefully underrated), Ghost Rider, The Thing, and Daredevil (because I haxored for him).

I liked the idea of the resurrection ability, but I don't like how the costume looks.

Also, I think there are more than just 5 DD and Panther Dolls, cuz i got a couple out of random treasure chests

Knob on
    edited October 2006
    also, i beat it just now

is there a list of where all the simulation discs are

i needs em

Knob on
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I think there is a list on the gamefaqs board...I thinking the xbox room. But the guy is working it up into an faq soon

Psychotic One on
  • KumaKuma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Knob wrote:
    Manifest wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    dude

I liked the idea of the resurrection ability, but I don't like how the costume looks.

Also, I think there are more than just 5 DD and Panther Dolls, cuz i got a couple out of random treasure chests

yes there are, you have to get one in each chapter, the extras just add XP

Kuma on
    f7v9h.jpg
    edited October 2006
    Is there a way to go back to the 1st Act, because it didn't occur to me to start looking for stuff until I got midway into the 2nd. I think I missed the action figure, and I know I missed power-ups back in the 1st.

Should I go play some now, or start reading and doing homework? hmm...

SkankPlaya on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Oh. It sounded like you couldn't get your costumes again on another playthrough or something.

Fencingsax on
    edited October 2006
    SkankPlaya wrote:
    Is there a way to go back to the 1st Act, because it didn't occur to me to start looking for stuff until I got midway into the 2nd. I think I missed the action figure, and I know I missed power-ups back in the 1st.

Should I go play some now, or start reading and doing homework? hmm...

yes

Knob on
    edited October 2006
    wow daredevil's pretty badass

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    MAN FUCK COMIC MISSIONS
    why is this shit so hard

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
    edited October 2006
    MAN FUCK COMIC MISSIONS
    why is this shit so hard

I've only played a few, but Thor's was incredibly easy.

Anytime (even in Story Mode), an enemy has a weapon, take it and use it, as they are oddly enough...extremely powerful.

Bad Karma on
    edited October 2006
    Servo wrote:
    wow daredevil's pretty badass

I told you. Daredevil is a fucking monster in this game.

GABBO GABBO GABBO on
  • Captain CanuckCaptain Canuck Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    MAN FUCK COMIC MISSIONS
    why is this shit so hard

Anytime (even in Story Mode), an enemy has a weapon, take it and use it, as they are oddly enough...extremely powerful.
    cap'n america's is really hard
    STOP KILLING ME AND LET ME FIX THESE BOMBS

Captain Canuck on
    shadeodare_sig.png
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    MAN FUCK COMIC MISSIONS
    why is this shit so hard

Play Elektra's. Then tear your eyes out.

SatanIsMyMotor on