Options

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

• Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Rociel wrote:
    http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html;jsessionid=D38116B22725EB19B6D0A56A107B535D?v=e108827jx8YPcSq

Nightcrawler kicking some ass and more DOOM.

All Marvel cartoons/films should be like this. These devs really get Marvel characters.

Oh my god, that makes me want a 3rd person Nightcrawler game SO BAD.

And these devs kind of get Marvel characters. Lets not forget that they gave Cyclops GREEN RADIATION POISONING LASER EYES in X-Men Legends II. Also he can weld things which, as nice as that would be, I'm pretty sure concusive force blasts wouldn't be able to weld anything they can just punch holes through stuff.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited August 2006
    Ultimate Spider-Man was fun, and had great style. But I think I got to the Venom level where you chase Beetle and took the game back (rented it).

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I dont want to post here, it's scary. Earlier someone made mention as to what the new Justice League: Heroes is "turning into". All I've heard so far ahs been incredibly awesome. What are your opinions?

Well, considering I haven't kept up with the game in awhile, I probably shouldn't have said it like that..but from what I saw, it just didn't strike me as the next big DC game. Again, I haven't really looked into it lately, so my opinion could still be changed.
    Geebs wrote:
    Did you hate Hulk: Ultimate Destruction too? Because man, if you did, I don't think there's any hope for you.

Now that was a fun game. No stupid Bruce Banner shit to slow the game down..just pure unadulterated madness. Hulk style.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    He does have a point, short of Ultimate Spider-man, all of the recent Marvel games have looked like ass. X-Men Legends 1 and 2 on consoles were terrible looking, on PC XML2 had higher res textures so it doesn't look AS bad but it still isn't pretty. The two Spider-man movie games were rather bland and unimpressive with the graphics as well. Incredible Hulk was pretty good all around but wasn't going to win any awards for looks. At least the city was more interesting than New York but only by a little bit.

Now saying the GAMEPLAY sucks on any of those (short of the dumbed down webswinging in US-M) is pushing it. We can all agree that XML's gameplay isn't anything special but I can ignore that because of co-op goodness.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I could have sworn that Ultimate Fury was confirmed for the game already

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Blackjack wrote:
    Furu wrote:
    Terrorbyte wrote:
    Geebs wrote:
    Did you hate Hulk: Ultimate Destruction too? Because man, if you did, I don't think there's any hope for you.

Coming from such a hopeless fuck, that's a pretty meaningless indictment. But, yeah, Ultimate Destruction was a decent rental.

Holy shit.

How are you still not banned?

I think the mods are too busy laughing.

I think he's lasted longer than Hypertime and Brainiac.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    I think he's lasted longer than Hypertime and Brainiac.

Brainiac had a pretty good run as decent poster..even making the interesting trivia thread. This place though..can be maddening on the human psyche.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    Rociel wrote:
    http://www.veoh.com/videoDetails.html;jsessionid=D38116B22725EB19B6D0A56A107B535D?v=e108827jx8YPcSq

Nightcrawler kicking some ass and more DOOM.

All Marvel cartoons/films should be like this. These devs really get Marvel characters.

Oh my god, that makes me want a 3rd person Nightcrawler game SO BAD.

And these devs kind of get Marvel characters. Lets not forget that they gave Cyclops GREEN RADIATION POISONING LASER EYES in X-Men Legends II. Also he can weld things which, as nice as that would be, I'm pretty sure concusive force blasts wouldn't be able to weld anything they can just punch holes through stuff.

RED = HOT

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2006
    Well he knows his colors and their appropriate temperature levels.

Bad Karma on
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    If anyone is interested, I have 20 VIP invite codes to give away. Just PM if you want one.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I need your email address to send them.

Invisible on
  • Options
    jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Hey guys quick opinion what game should I buy
    hulk ultimate destruction
    tekken 5
    soul caliber 3
    I know this isn't G&T but honestly I don't give a flying rats ass about their opinion.

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Hey guys quick opinion what game should I buy
    hulk ultimate destruction
    tekken 5
    soul caliber 3
    I know this isn't G&T but honestly I don't give a flying ras ass about their opinion.

I'm from G&T D:

Also: Hulk Ultimate Destruction.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2006
    Yeah, Hulk. I haven't played it, but I hate Tekken, and Soul Calibur 3 isn't anywhere near as good as 2.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Hulk is perhaps the best piledriving-people-into-sidewalks-from-fifty-stories simulator ever.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Olivaw wrote:
    Hulk is perhaps the best piledriving-people-into-sidewalks-from-fifty-stories simulator ever.

I love grabbing someone(With the crushing sounds), leaping around town, then placing them gently down and punting them.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Olivaw wrote:

I love grabbing someone(With the crushing sounds), leaping around town, then placing them gently down and punting them.
    I do the same thing, only I put them down and punch them so hard they fly into the ocean.

I also love elbow dropping people from 100 feet.

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    New character revealed and I doubt anyone saw this character showing up as playable.
    CLEA is officially revealed to VIPs as one of the NPCs in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.. For those who aren't as familiar with her, she's a Sorceress, a former ruler of the Dark Dimension, and of course an adventurer. The general populace of Earth does not know, or tends to disbelieve that Clea is an extradimensional. Like Dr. Strange, Clea possesses vast magical powers. She has exhibited such abilities as forming and throwing magical bolts of energy, conjuring objects and energies, teleporting, telekinesis, controlling others’ minds, and casting illusions. As Sorceress Supreme of the Dark Dimension, what else would you expect?

Accualt on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    New character revealed and I doubt anyone saw this character showing up as playable.
    CLEA is officially revealed to VIPs as one of the NPCs in Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.. For those who aren't as familiar with her, she's a Sorceress, a former ruler of the Dark Dimension, and of course an adventurer. The general populace of Earth does not know, or tends to disbelieve that Clea is an extradimensional. Like Dr. Strange, Clea possesses vast magical powers. She has exhibited such abilities as forming and throwing magical bolts of energy, conjuring objects and energies, teleporting, telekinesis, controlling others’ minds, and casting illusions. As Sorceress Supreme of the Dark Dimension, what else would you expect?
    Playable? Doesn't it say right there she's an NPC?

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Keith wrote:
    Yeah, Hulk. I haven't played it, but I hate Tekken, and Soul Calibur 3 isn't anywhere near as good as 2.

Woah, what? I don't own three, as I only have (had) a cube, but I thought what I've played of 3 was far more impressive than 2. First off, no Tood Mcfarlane crap. Then way more new stuff and moves. 2 felt like a glorified expansion of 1 to me.

august on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I think you are right. I jumped to conclusions when they mentioned Strange as being playable and he gets help. Here is the full "post" they sent us about the new revealed character.
    Hey VIPs,

We've got a brand new and exclusive character reveal for you. So you already know that Dr. Strange is a playable character in the game - one that really hasn't been seen a lot in other Marvel games. Well, he's got some help on his side - where Dr. Strange goes, CLEA usually follows!

Stay tuned for more character reveals - including what everyone wants to know - who else is playable in this game? You are going to find out sooner than you know...

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    august wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Woah, what? I don't own three, as I only have (had) a cube, but I thought what I've played of 3 was far more impressive than 2. First off, no Tood Mcfarlane crap. Then way more new stuff and moves. 2 felt like a glorified expansion of 1 to me.

3's way of unlocking characters is incredibly difficult and complicated, apparently (I haven't played it).

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I guess some of them are, but there's like four times the shit to unlock.

august on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2006
    Big interview on the Wii version here:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/731/731786p1.html

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Well, I know what games I want to play with my wii.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Wow, it sounds fun and doesn't look like crap. It's not the weird cel-shading like the current gen, and not the "Hey we're shiny" look of 360/PS3

I think I'll get it.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I really hope he isn't blowing out his ass about the accuracy of the motion detection on that, because it really does sound cool.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The new controller for the Wii scares me. Whats with all that "arm" movment? My wrists and thumbs are finely honed tools of death! I wonder how easy those moves are to pull off...?

Caveman Paws on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    One question: Can you be Thor?

Crayon on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Crayon wrote:
    One question: Can you be Thor?

I thought that was obvious already.

[spoiler:c9c2db2aa8]Yes.[/spoiler:c9c2db2aa8]

Slagmire on
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The new controller for the Wii scares me. Whats with all that "arm" movment? My wrists and thumbs are finely honed tools of death! I wonder how easy those moves are to pull off...?
    YOu dont have to move your arms, you can just sit still and move your wrists. Its really up to you though how you want to do it.

Bedlam on
  • Options
    laughterkillsmelaughterkillsme Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    is this just gonna be a gameplay clone of legends with dif chars? Cuz I hated legends ... felt like I was playing dungeon siege or somthing terrible like that.

laughterkillsme on
    freealonesig.jpg
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bedlam wrote:
    YOu dont have to move your arms, you can just sit still and move your wrists. Its really up to you though how you want to do it.
    Not move your arms? If you throw an uppercut while holding the Wii-mote, your guy will throw an uppercut! I'm totally gonna be waving my arms all over the place.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Golden Yak wrote:
    Bedlam wrote:
    Not move your arms? If you throw an uppercut while holding the Wii-mote, your guy will throw an uppercut! I'm totally gonna be waving my arms all over the place.
    It'll be awesome!

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    is this just gonna be a gameplay clone of legends with dif chars? Cuz I hated legends ... felt like I was playing dungeon siege or somthing terrible like that.

Yeah, I hated all that story and character development. I only played for like, 30 minutes before I went back to Pac-Man...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    laughterkillsmelaughterkillsme Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Sentry wrote:

Yeah, I hated all that story and character development. I only played for like, 30 minutes before I went back to Pac-Man...

:roll:

laughterkillsme on
    freealonesig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Sentry wrote:

:rotate:

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Sentry wrote:

I dunno, I wouldn't pay for another Legends clone. It just seemed like a waste of time to figure out what the best equipment would be, since the characters changed pretty often and Nightcrawler could tear shit up no matter what he was wearing. Leveling up wasn't as exciting as it usually is b/c there were so many skills and you leveled upevery 30 seconds.

Man it really sounds like I hate RPGs right there. I swear I don't.

KalTorak on
  • Options
    Carl with a KCarl with a K Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Iceman was totally the best character

Carl with a K on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Iceman was totally the best character

Iceman was pretty good, yeah, but I don't think that I had a team without Colossus unless I had to.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    In XML1, Storm was easily the best character because Chain Lightning was broken. You could take out an entire room with that thing. They toned it down in XML2 though.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.