Options

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Legends 2 was all about the team of Cyclops, Mags, Iron Man, and Bishop.

2 x Leadership + Iron Man's broken-ness + Bishop letting him do said broken-ness for free. Beat Sugarman in 5 seconds.

astrobstrd on
    Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I really loved using Sunfire + Bishop combo. Ignite cleared the ROOM when you didn't have to worry about paying for it.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    manaleak34manaleak34 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Looks awsome, can't wait to kick some ass as Captain America.

manaleak34 on
    XBL/Steam:ManaCrevice
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    If this is like XML, it will be a cool diversion and not much else. I could not really get into those games. I think I just do not like that genre of games, although I have not played very many action rpg strategy type games.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    spidahspidah Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I just want to play as Ghost Rider, Thor, and Dr. Strange. But what's up wtih Rhino and Shocker being in this game? I mean, they suck ass. They're in every (Spider-Man) Marvel videogame getting the crap beat out of them. Now we get to beat on Spidey-level enemies wtih Thor? That's a one-hit-KO waiting to happen. But Doom's in the game, and I'll take out a hundred little crappy villains (Thunderball) to get to someone like Galactus.

I hope we get Prof. Xavier as a playable character. How awesome would rolling around in a wheelchair whilst fighting The Wrecker be?

spidah on
  • Options
    CharmyCharmy Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    At some point, you must, MUST, be able to assemble a team consisting of Dr. Strange, Namor, Silver Surfer, and The Incredible Hulk.

I can't help but think my dreams will come to naught, though.

Also, I always thought Nightcrawler was a little broken in XML. Enough points in Teleport Frenzy (I think that's the move?) and you literally never see any of you enemies again. They are destroyed before the can even move onscreen.

Charmy on
    I have a twitter.
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I have a feeling Hulk isn't playable but I'm hoping we at least get to fight him...but he trashes your team and gets away after you do 75% damage or something.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    So apparently Hawkeye is playable as a PSP exclusive.

Seriously, this PSP exclusive shit stopped being cute with X-Men Legends II.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006

Goddamit. I love Hawkeye, but not that much.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Terrorbyte is a monumental fucking moron.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    I have a feeling Hulk isn't playable but I'm hoping we at least get to fight him...but he trashes your team and gets away after you do 75% damage or something.

I wouldn't want to play as the Hulk in a legends-esq game. Mainly because for the sake of balance he'd be gimped to an enourmas degree. It pissed me off while playing Magneto and I couldn't rip off the panels from walls and beat people to death with them.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Since there's a Galactus level and an Atlantis level, I dont think you can play as either Namor or Silver Surfer. And that makes me sad. POSEIDON!!!

And Hulk probably wouldn't work because the execs making the game are gonna be all like "WTF, Hulk and Thing BOTH punch people in the face AND throw cars! WTF,LOLZORS Fuck the Hulk!" It'd be like a game consisting of both Hawkeye and Green Arrow, working together, using theme-arrows to take out their foes. Or Ryu and Ken. Or Spider-Man and Daredevil. Actually...I've just confused myself, because those last two have happened, and they exhibit the same(or a similar) situation that Hulk and Thing both being playables poses.

wait...CLEA? They have the whole Marvel-fucking-U and they put in CLEA?? At least give us Dormammu or something! GAH!!

spidah on
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    :|

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Apparently no one remembers the Nightcrawler bug from XML2. You could invest points into a certain talent, while not investing in his original points to get a limitless bamf attack that cost no "mutant power" (whatever it is called) and could be spammed. It could take out entire rooms in seconds. I played with JUST him through the entire game and it was cake.

Crayon on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Silver Surfer will be playable for a brief time, or the whole time if you pre-order and get a code for it. I'll just wait for Gamefaqs.

Namor is still up in the air.

And so far, only Bruce Banner even has a voice.

Clea is an NPC. As is Wong. There's 160 characters all together, so yeah. There'll be a lot of pointless NPCs.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006

Fuck that. I wanted to re-make the old School "The Avengers" video game team. Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Silver Surfer.

AMERICA NEEDS YOU HELP!

Bucketman on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bucketman wrote:

Fuck that. I wanted to re-make the old School "The Avengers" video game team. Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Silver Surfer.

AMERICA NEEDS YOU HELP!

Hmm... I thought that game was Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Vision... unless I'm thinking of something else?

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bucketman wrote:

AMERICA NEEDS YOU HELP!

I...CAN'T...MOVE!

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    Bucketman wrote:

AMERICA NEEDS YOU HELP!

Hmm... I thought that game was Cap, Iron Man, Hawkeye, and Vision... unless I'm thinking of something else?

It may have been vision. Its been a long ass time since i had the game. All I remember was in the flying levels, Hawk and Cap rode hover bikes, IM and (yeah I guss it was Vision) flew and shot beams.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    robosagogorobosagogo Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Yeah, Vision was completely white for whatever reason.

robosagogo on
  • Options
    edited September 2006

Goddamit. I love Hawkeye, but not that much.

I read that the next-gen systems were getting an extra TWO characters. Maybe that means Hawkeye on the PS3/360/wii/PSP? Maybe? Probably not.
    Hopefully, if nothing else, there will be downloadable characters later on. I know I'd pay money for Hawkeye and Daredevil.

Accualt on
  • Options
    HtownHtown Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bucketman wrote:

AMERICA NEEDS YOU HELP!

I...CAN'T...MOVE!
    Why should it goes well?!

EDIT: Can't forget the best comeback ever.

Avengers: You can't escape!
    Whirlwind: You will be the one escaping!

. . . :?:

Htown on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I still have that game on Genesis even though I don't own a Genesis anymore. I kept it for the fond memories and cool box.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Nah, the VIP site tells it pretty bluntly that he's PSP exclusive, and nothing else.
    It’s the moment you’ve been waiting for – a new playable character reveal! Something you would NOT have heard anywhere else… something you might have been speculating about or hoping for but nobody knew for sure… a piece of exclusive news that we reserved especially for you VIPs… (drumroll please)… HAWKEYE is a confirmed playable character for Marvel: Ultimate Alliance! Note that Hawkeye is actually a PSP-only exclusive so you won’t find him on the console versions. PSP has a few other exclusive characters which I’m sure you’ll be the first to know about! Your first screenshot of Hawkeye are on this site ONLY

PSP gets 4 exlcusives and Next Gen gets 2.

It's the same thing that happened with X-Men Legends II. PSP got 4 exclusives, PC got two.

Personally, I'd pay for characters who I would've never thought would be created. Like Iron Fist. I'd pay hard to play as Iron Fist.

[/quote]

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Hawkeye bugs me. But as long as the PSP characters aren't characters I like, like She-Hulk or Luke Cage I'm good.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I love Hawkeye, but really don't want to buy two separate version of this.

*crosses his fingers that he gets a review copy for the PSP*

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I'd be pretty pissed if Luke Cage was PSP exclusive. Especially if he came with his Power Man costume as an unlockable or something. Because that thing makes me laugh. so I enjoy it.

spidah on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    spidah wrote:
    I'd be pretty pissed if Luke Cage was PSP exclusive. Especially if he came with his Power Man costume as an unlockable or something. Because that thing makes me laugh. so I enjoy it.

It'd be for the better. If Luke Cage was on a console/PC with voice chat? "WHERE'S MY MONEY, HONEY"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    robosagogo wrote:

Well he was white back in the day:

United States government, manipulated by the time traveler Immortus, abducted the Vision and dismantled him. Once his remains were recovered by the Avengers, Hank Pym rebuilt him as best he could. However, Simon Williams would not allow his brain patterns to be used again to provide a matrix for Vision's emotions, as he felt the original process had "ripped out his soul" and been done without his consent Although his love for Wanda led him to feel guilt, he attempted to justify his actions by claiming that the Vision was never anything more than a copy of him, a claim which a number of other Avengers, including the Wasp, believed. This, along with damage to the Vision's synthetic skin when he was dismantled, resulted in his resurrection as a colorless, emotionless synthezoid.

Green Lantern on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    SYNTHEZOID!

august on
  • Options
    Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    robosagogo wrote:
    John Byrne.

Conditional_Axe on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    For me themost terrible PSP exclusive ever was when Cap was in Marvel Rise of the Crappy Fighting Game, only on PSP. I wanted to play as cap SOOO bad.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Yeah. But that game was so terrible. Would being Cap make up for the horrors you'd put yourself through?

Also: I have found the ninth circle of Hell: It's the Marvel Ultimate Alliance VIP board.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    That game sucked, and the new characters went nowhere really fast. I really liked seeing Marvel characters killing people, though. Wolverine would evicerate people for 10 minutes, Ironman would vaporize people, and Magneto would use his lil' magnetic balls to make holes in people. But, yeah, for the most part, that game sucked and made me sad.

spidah on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    spidah wrote:
    That game sucked, and the new characters went nowhere really fast. I really liked seeing Marvel characters killing people, though. Wolverine would evicerate people for 10 minutes, Ironman would vaporize people, and Magneto would use his lil' magnetic balls to make holes in people. But, yeah, for the most part, that game sucked and made me sad.

Daredevil snapped necks.

Let me repeat, Matt Murdock snapped necks. ANd, yes, that is the same guy who stops Frank Castle from shooting people who are known to be guilty of horrible crimes.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Spider-Man didn't kill anybody, he just flipped around and beat them up.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Spider-Man didn't kill anybody, he just flipped around and beat them up.

In the first couple of modern games you could Matrix kick people off the roof.

Oh, and does anyone else remember in the first PSone game where you could jump on thier shoulders and beat the everloving shit out of thier head?

Good times...

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    In Spider-Man 2 (the crappy movie edition), you can jump off Empire State building whilst piledriving a random thug headfirst into the ground. Dude's ear is engulfing his own shoulder once he hits the ground, then he bounces like 15 feet in the air.

spidah on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
  • Options
    RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    That Iron Man one is so-so. However, I just spent the last 5 minutes on the floor convulsing from a nerdgasm related stroke due to that Mr. Fantastic one. HE ROLLS INTO A BALL.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.