Options

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance

• Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Kevar wrote:
    So when they say next-gen exclusive they mean the Wii too, right?

Yes.

Furu on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Iron Spider is that the ney spidey costume or the old silver and black one?

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

Iron, Scarlet, and Symbiote.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

that doesnt answer my question at all.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Yeah, the Iron Spider costume is the new red and gold one. The old one was Spider-Armor, I think.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Yeah, the Iron Spider costume is the new red and gold one. The old one was Spider-Armor, I think.

Thanks.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

that doesnt answer my question at all.

Well by asking if Iron Spider is the 'ney' costume, I assumed you were asking if it was one of the unlockable ones for the game.

:rotate: :rotate: :rotate:

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    I'm a VIP member for the site

PM me with your e-mail address if you want me to invite you

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    what happens if you're a vip?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    you can randomly win prizes

and "first look access to behind-the-scenes videos
    early character reveals
    bonus developer blogs!"

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    With all of the talk about micro-transactions as of late I find myself hoping MUA gets some. I really, really want to be able to d/l characters for it after it is released, keep it fresh.

What do you guys think? My only fear is being unable to use the character in MP if the other people you are playing with don't have it. Easy enough to fix, simply put the character in MPupdates but don't allow people who haven't paid for it to play them.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'd support your idea if it were free

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    I'd support your idea if it were free

Fat chance of that.
    What if it was cheap? Like $1 for a four pack? Not that it would ever be that cheap.

Accualt on
  • Options
    SlicerSlicer Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I could see myself paying a few dollars if it had heroes that I like.

Slicer on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I probably wouldn't, just because I'm not too into Marvel.

I just noticed that there isn't a DS version, but there's a GBA version.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    deadpooluc7.th.jpg

bladekn8.th.jpg

elektravz9.th.jpg

invisiblewomansc3.th.jpg

were these posted yet

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Has Iron Fist been announced yet?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited October 2006
    Bloods End wrote:

he's exclusive to the gba version

:rotate:

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    GoodCitizenGoodCitizen Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Oh, LAME! Those alternate Deadpool costumes really suck. They have his original look, the ultimate look, and the Cable/deadpool look. I can't place that 4th one.

MAN..... There are SOOOOOO many better skins they could have used! An Agent X skin is the first thing that springs to mind. How about skin for the time he 'became thor'??? How about a skin where he's wearing iron man's boot and hulk's pants like when he fought Rhino? Y'know what, I'd probably even settle for a 'mithras' alternate costume. Spidey got all sorts of cool alternates, but deadpool just gets different artistical takes on the same costume? Lame...

Still, I'm practically salivating for this game. I can't wait to kick some ass with my Captain America/Doctor Strange/Scarlet spider/Deadpool team

GoodCitizen on
    Benjamin Franklin used foil covered window glass to create a capacitor. He then attempted to kill a turkey with the stored charge. Instead, he knocked himself out. Franklin later wrote, "I tried to kill a turkey but nearly succeeded in killing a goose."
  • Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Accualt wrote:
    With all of the talk about micro-transactions as of late I find myself hoping MUA gets some. I really, really want to be able to d/l characters for it after it is released, keep it fresh.

What do you guys think? My only fear is being unable to use the character in MP if the other people you are playing with don't have it. Easy enough to fix, simply put the character in MPupdates but don't allow people who haven't paid for it to play them.

There's some speculation that the Hulk and Punisher may be added like that, since their licenses expire soon.

Invisible on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Expire? Does this mean I may not get a next-gen sequal to Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction :?: :!:

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Oh, LAME! Those alternate Deadpool costumes really suck. They have his original look, the ultimate look, and the Cable/deadpool look. I can't place that 4th one.

MAN..... There are SOOOOOO many better skins they could have used! An Agent X skin is the first thing that springs to mind. How about skin for the time he 'became thor'??? How about a skin where he's wearing iron man's boot and hulk's pants like when he fought Rhino? Y'know what, I'd probably even settle for a 'mithras' alternate costume. Spidey got all sorts of cool alternates, but deadpool just gets different artistical takes on the same costume? Lame...

Still, I'm practically salivating for this game. I can't wait to kick some ass with my Captain America/Doctor Strange/Scarlet spider/Deadpool team

the 4th costume is his Weapon X costume.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    Bloods End wrote:

he's exclusive to the gba version

:rotate:

I'm going to rip out your brains with a soddering iron.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Toji SuzuharaToji Suzuhara Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If Deadpool is anything like he was in X-Men Legends II, I won't be missing Nightcrawler.

Toji Suzuhara on
    AlphaFlag_200x40.jpg
  • Options
    TofenheimerTofenheimer Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

They should toss in the X-men costume he wore in one of the earlier issues of Cable/Deadpool.

Tofenheimer on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited October 2006

They should toss in the Marvel Girl costume he wore in one of the earlier issues of Cable/Deadpool.

Furu on
  • Options
    NondocNondoc Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Ms Marvel is announced as palyable on all platforms, Captain Marvel is the fourth PSP exclusive.

Well shit.

Nondoc on
  • Options
    BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Nondoc wrote:
    Ms Marvel is announced as palyable on all platforms, Captain Marvel is the fourth PSP exclusive.

Well shit.
    Goddamit, why do the PSP versions always get my favorite characters?!

Marvel Nemisis(Which I semi-enjoyed even though it was severly out of character) had Captain America
    Legends 2 had Cannonball
    and now UA has Hawkeye, Nova and Captain Marvel.
    Motherfucker.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Nondoc wrote:

Well shit.
    Goddamit, why do the PSP versions always get my favorite characters?!

Marvel Nemisis(Which I semi-enjoyed even though it was severly out of character) had Captain America
    Legends 2 had Cannonball
    and now UA has Hawkeye, Nova and Captain Marvel.
    Motherfucker.

I hate it too. I'm guessing they get bonus characters because they are easier to make (lower poly count and texture rez) and no one would buy the PSP game otherwise.

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    VIP MUA wrote:
    Ms. Marvel’s various costumes, including Warbird, Binary, her original outfit and one as Sharon Ventura, will be posted after the game launches so stay tuned. In the meantime, check out these awesome powers in the game:

Luminous – A powerful force blast.

Photon Burst – Spawns multiple energy balls that orbit Ms. Marvel and attacks enemies that come into range.

Explosive Touch – Charges an enemy with explosive energy that blows up after a time.

Mega Blast – Fires a blast of energy into the ground, causing radial damage and reducing attack speed of enemies.

Prism – Shoots energy beam that can split off and hit multiple enemies.

Binary Boost – Added Energy Damage to attacks and increases Energy Damage resistance for Ms. Marvel and allies.

Cosmic Awareness – Slows time for everyone except Ms. Marvel and her allies.

Warbird’s Wrath – Xtreme attack with massive flash of light that does Energy Damage and stuns enemies.

Special Throw – Tosses the enemies over her head, slamming them into the ground.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Adaemus1sfAdaemus1sf Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Well, with Thor and Ms. Marvel usable, I guess I'm going to have to buy this game. The Wii control scheme for this thing sounds awesome, as well. And I noticed that for Cap's shield throw, you can control the flight of the shield. Fuck yes.

Adaemus1sf on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    If Deadpool is anything like he was in X-Men Legends II, I won't be missing Nightcrawler.

Here are his moves

Deadpool's in-game moves represent the range of weapons and abilities in his arsenal.

ASSASSIN STRIKE - Deadly multi-hit sword attack.

DUEL SHOT - Pull out two guns and shoot out in a radius.

TELEPORT FLURRY - Rapid teleport attack on several targets..

BLADE CYCLONE - Radial sword spin attack.

GRENADE TOSS - Throws several grenades that explode within 3 feet of an enemy or when time expires.

WISECRACK- Taunts nearby enemies, lowering their defenses and causing them to attack.

BATTLE CRY - Boosts allies- attack speed and damage.

MERC'S REVENGE - Jump in the air and do a 360 spin, taking down every enemy in sight.

SPECIAL THROW - Toss opponents into the air and have them land on his sword.

Check out Deadpool below in his Classic, Ultimate, Weapon X and Assassin outfits!

Costumes

CLASSIC - Focuses on dodge and melee attacks, making Deadpool a great brawler.

ULTIMATE - Focuses on special powers (vs. melee attacks) with max energy and health regen.

WEAPON X - Increases critical strike chance. Also good for melee combat.

ASSASSIN - Increases all resistances. Also good for power focus.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ShimSham wrote:

Here are his moves

Deadpool's in-game moves represent the range of weapons and abilities in his arsenal.

ASSASSIN STRIKE - Deadly multi-hit sword attack.

DUEL SHOT - Pull out two guns and shoot out in a radius.

TELEPORT FLURRY - Rapid teleport attack on several targets..

BLADE CYCLONE - Radial sword spin attack.

GRENADE TOSS - Throws several grenades that explode within 3 feet of an enemy or when time expires.

WISECRACK- Taunts nearby enemies, lowering their defenses and causing them to attack.

BATTLE CRY - Boosts allies- attack speed and damage.

MERC'S REVENGE - Jump in the air and do a 360 spin, taking down every enemy in sight.

SPECIAL THROW - Toss opponents into the air and have them land on his sword.

Check out Deadpool below in his Classic, Ultimate, Weapon X and Assassin outfits!

Costumes

CLASSIC - Focuses on dodge and melee attacks, making Deadpool a great brawler.

ULTIMATE - Focuses on special powers (vs. melee attacks) with max energy and health regen.

WEAPON X - Increases critical strike chance. Also good for melee combat.

ASSASSIN - Increases all resistances. Also good for power focus.
    His Battle Cry better be either "CHIMICHANGA!" or "FOR BEA!!!!"

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    His Battle Cry better be either "CHIMICHANGA!" or "FOR BEA!!!!"
    Yeah, I would hope his Battle Cry and WiseCrack attacks are based on actual quotes from him, rather than just something a developer thought up.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I'm trying to remember what he said in X-Men Legends 2.

I know he argued with himself when you had him in your party and fought Deadpool.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Geebs wrote:
    I'm trying to remember what he said in X-Men Legends 2.

I know he argued with himself when you had him in your party and fought Deadpool.
    All I can remeber is
    "Everybody! Shield me with your bodies!"
    and after killing an enemy:
    "But did either of us truly win?"
    Oh and the full Conversation with himself:
    "Wow, this is really, really freaky! I could swear I know you from somewhere. Did we go to law school together?
    I know what you mean. I've seen you before, I just can't place your face. Weren't you in my oragami class last fall?
    Wait! I know where I've seen your face. In my mirror... every morning!"
    Heavens to murgatroide! That's it! You're me!
    No no no no no no no, I beg to differ. You... are me!
    Come on. let's not quibble over such a huge philosophical conundrum here. What do you say when you meet yourself?
    How about 'you're lookin goooood!'
    Works for me. Well, now I have to kill ya. Not that I want to, it's just a little something Mister Sinister ordered me to do.
    Are you ok?
    Me? I'm fine. I just have an uncontrollable urge to rip you into tiny shreds and spit on all of your graves."

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Man I didn't know that he would do that when encountering himself on a 2nd playthrough.

I would have kept playing pretty much just to see that.

Unfortunetly I don't have my save file anymore reformatted my computer sometime after I beat the game.

ShimSham on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    wait wait wait

the costume changes affect individual character attributes?

that's awesome

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Holy jeez, Spider-Woman's in there.

She should have Spider-Woman 2 and 3 costumes.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Adaemus1sf wrote:
    Well, with Thor and Ms. Marvel usable, I guess I'm going to have to buy this game. The Wii control scheme for this thing sounds awesome, as well. And I noticed that for Cap's shield throw, you can control the flight of the shield. Fuck yes.

One of the videos I saw with Cap tossing his shield made it look stupid as shit. It just started doing strange figure eights around the map like a UFO or something. It just looked dumb as all hell since it was bouncing off of anything.

Accualt on