As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Warhawk - The Thread of Official Warhawkyness

BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
edited October 2009 in Games and Technology
warhawkbanner3uw8.jpg

Saturday November 29th Update

As many of you know, PA Warhawk night kind of petered out several months ago as all of us got buried under an avalanche of new releases. Fast forward to December, and many of us have missed our weekly Warhawking with fellow PA'ers.

So without any further adieu I'm proud to announce that PA Thursday Warhawk Nights are BACK! A bunch of us are going to continue the proud tradition taking over a public server and kicking each other's asses.

This Thursday December 4th be there at 9 PM EST as we take to the sky and play what is still one of the best online games available on the PS3.

See you guys there!

Thursday October 16th Update

PA Warhawk tonight! Not sure if I'll be able to make it but I believe others want to play.

September 22nd update:

PA night this Thursday at 10 EST. Unfortunately I'll be out of town myself, but I'd like to keep this as our regular playtime if everyone is cool with it.

September 16th Update:

Going to have a PA romp this Thursday at 10 EST. Usually we find an official vanilla (no expansions) server with low player count, and "take it over". Cya guys there!

August 28th Update:

333anhd.jpg

Operation Fallen Star Expansion!! It's Out and it's awesome!
Warhawk: Operation: Fallen Star expansion pack
The third expansion pack for mighty online warfare title Warhawk, Operation: Fallen Star introduces the remote, forested Tau Crater - the site of a crashed Chernovan warship containing invaluable experimental technology. With the Chernovans trying desperately to salvage the ship, the Eucadians have arrived with a view to stealing it for themselves. This pack brings ten new battlefields to the Warhawk experience - as well as the Infantry Jetpack - a personal rocket pack that allows soldiers to soar above the fray of battle into the aerial realm of the Warhawks themselves.

taucrater425.jpg

Sorry for those I got excited apparently it was released a day early in Europe. My bad. I've fixed the OP updates, expansion is now Up for reals. It's incredible, it's like a whole new game with the jetpacks. I feel like I'm playing Tribes all over again.

Full Trophy Support has also been added (retroactive)

Full List:
"Secret" Anti-Camper (Bronze) Kill an enemy in a Missile or Flak Turret after that enemy has achieved at least five kills in that type of turret.
"Secret" Canyon Run (Silver) Using a Warhawk, shoot down an enemy Warhawk in the central gorge in Vaporfield Glacier.
"Secret" Daredevil (Bronze) Get 100 feet off the ground in a ground vehicle. Does not count if the vehicle is being carried by a Dropship.
"Secret" Hit List (Bronze) Kill every member of the opposing team at least once during a round.
"Secret" King of the Jungle Gym (Silver) Retrieve the Proximity Mines from the top of the dome on the Omega Factory Rumble Dome layout.
"Secret" Minesweeper (Bronze) Get killed by Proximity Mines five times in a single round.
"Secret" Reckless Pilot (Bronze) Commit suicide in a Warhawk by running into your own Aerial Mine.
"Secret" Safety Violation (Silver) Kill a distant enemy from on top of the salvage crane in Tau Crater.
"Secret" Vengeance (Bronze) Kill an enemy within 60 seconds of that enemy killing you.
"Secret" What's That Green Line? (Bronze) Get killed by a Binoculars strike while piloting an aircraft.
Aerial Ballet (Silver) While flying a jetpack, kill an enemy (who is also flying a jetpack) with any weapon other than the Rocket Launcher.
Anti-Air Ninja (Bronze) Shoot down a Warhawk with any infantry weapon other than a Rocket Launcher.
Are You Aim-Botting? (Silver) Snipe an enemy who is flying a jetpack.
Bandit Award (Bronze) Earn all in-game badges at Bandit level.
Bandwidth Donor (Gold) Host a ranked dedicated server for four consecutive hours.
Behind Enemy Lines (Silver) Drive an APC into the enemy's home base, then have at least one teammate spawn into that APC.
Chief Sergeant (Bronze) Achieve a rank of Chief Sergeant.
Collector (Bronze) Capture four cores at once in Collection mode.
Combat Driver (Bronze) Complete Vehicle Combat Training.
Commander (Silver) Achieve a rank of Commander.
Cowboy (Bronze) Play a perfect Team Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).
Dead-Eye (Bronze) Achieve a sniper kill from more than 2,500 feet away.
Decorated Soldier (Silver) Earn any 15 in-game medals.
Dumbfire (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with a dumbfired Swarm or Homing Missile.
Emergency Evasion (Bronze) Break at least 6 simultaneous missile locks using Chaff.
Enlistee (Bronze) Join a clan.
Executive Honor (Gold) Earn all in-game medals.
Flying Fortress (Silver) Awarded to the driver and all six passengers of a fully-loaded Dropship.
General (Gold) Achieve a rank of General.
Giant Killer (Silver) Shoot down an enemy Dropship while using a Warhawk.
Ground Pounder (Bronze) Complete Ground Combat Training.
Hat Trick (Bronze) Get three flag captures in a single round of CTF.
How Did You Do That? (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with a Cluster Bomb.
Invincible (Bronze) While on foot, take at least 250 damage within 10 seconds without dying.
Irony (Bronze) Kill an enemy with his own Proximity Mine.
Lone Wolf (Bronze) Play a perfect Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).
Lt. Colonel (Silver) Achieve a rank of Lt. Colonel.
Master Award (Silver) Earn all in-game badges at Master level.
One In A Million (Bronze) Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.
Overkill (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with a volley of 8 Swarm Missiles.
Pilot's License (Bronze) Complete Warhawk Combat Training.
Porcupine (Gold) Destroy an enemy Warhawk with the APC's E-POD shield.
Recognition of Merit (Bronze) Earn any five in-game medals
Remote Pilot (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with a TOW Missile.
Resourceful Driver (Bronze) Achieve a road kill and a .50 cal kill using the same 4x4, without dismounting.
Rivalry (Bronze) Win a clan match (red server) as either clan leader or a regular member.
Saboteur (Bronze) Destroy an enemy vehicle with the Field Wrench.
Shield Breaker (Silver) Break an enemy E-POD shield using the Lightning Shell.
Surgical Strike (Gold) Shoot down a Dropship with a Binoculars strike.
Survivalist (Bronze) Survive for one minute as the hero in Hero mode.
Tail Shaker (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with an Aerial Mine within 5 seconds of deploying it.
Taxi Driver (Bronze) Help a teammate capture the flag (in CTF) or cogs (in Collection) by transporting him back to the base, using any vehicle.
That Was Some Bug (Gold) Kill an enemy who is flying a jetpack by hitting him with any vehicle or aircraft.
Warhawk Award (Gold) Earn all in-game badges at Warhawk level.
Warhawk Supreme Achievement (Platinum) All your base trophies are belong to platinum.
Warlord (Bronze) Create a clan and get nine other members to join. (Awarded at ten members while you are the clan leader.)
World Victory (Bronze) Control all capturable bases in a Zones match, and reduce the enemy's home base to level 1.

July 21st Update

Warhawk HOME Command Centre Screens! -- I noticed these posted up at PS3Fanboy. Full story here

homewarhawkspace21024.jpg

homewarhawkspace11024.jpg

I can't begin to say how excited I am about a "planning room" for campaigns in Warhawk. Hopefully this will solidify clan support and allow for lots of pre and post match hilarity!

April 24th Update

NOOBTORIAL!

Basically I'm going to put up some information that everyone evetually finds out while playing Warhawk. Unfortunately for some of us, it took a very long time to find this stuff out and it will increase your enjoyment of the game tenfold. Some advice is basic, other stuff are things that noobs just don't find out until weeks (if not months) in. Since we're all at various levels of skill, and play together, it's important that everyone read this so on PA nights the newer among us can learn to hold their own in the sky:
Bamelin wrote:
#1. Change your flight mode to PRO FLIGHT in the options.
#2. Double clicking boost gives you a turbo boost
#3. Holding both boost and brake while turning will allow you to bank (turn) your Warhawk sharply
#4. When locked on with a TOW missle, don't fire right away after locking on ... (turbo) boost as close as you can get THEN fire giving enemy no time to deploy chaf (no warning signal), and no time to dodge (yes you can dodge missles, shaking the missle lock -- see video link below)
#5. When enemy has locked on and you are out of chaff, use (turbo) boost and go through environmental obstacles (ridges, etc) to cause enemy missle to be taken out

I bolded #1 because it is critical. PRO FLIGHT is the only way to play Warhawk IMHO if you plan on moving up the ranks. You can change your flight settings in game in the options while in game.

These 5 things will improve your kill/death ratio tremendously, allow you to escape when being targetted (sometimes), and in general improve your overall flight performance while dogfighting.

Finally perhaps one of the most important video's related to Warhawk you will ever watch:

How to Dodge Missles (Thanks for link Malachai)

Alot of this stuff I learned over several months of playing ... hell I didn't even know there was a turbo boost for the first two weeks of playing haha.

Learning how the pro's dodge missles is perhaps one of the single most Warhawk lessons that will keep you alive in the sky.

April 16th update:

OPERATION BROKEN MIRROR

NEW MAP -- Vaporfield Glacier

2368211095_14f17087c1_o.jpg
2369046550_c4b2b04dd3_m.jpg
Vaporfield Glacier is a vast, windswept valley filled with huge chunks of glacial ice, raised highways, deep chasms, with military bases and research facilities scattered around the frigid landscape. At the heart of the battlefield lies Olsavik Village, a small abandoned town whose people have long since left their homes after years of bloody conflict in the Eucadian War.

10 layouts for Vaporfield + 10 bonus new layouts for older maps

2369046158_5dbb8742e7_o.jpg

NEW APC CAR!

2369046124_9b912157ca_o.jpg
DylanJobe wrote:
APCs – They have a ton of features so here’s a quick YGG summary:

APCs support a driver and 6 other troops in “pop-up” hatches that allow troops to use their own weapons, making the APC like a customizable weapons platform.

APCs act as mobile spawn points for your team so you can setup field bases, help coordinate ground assaults, and spawn directly into them as another player is driving them around.

When you spawn into an APC, your troop is rewarded with an additional weapon based on an internal loot-table.

APCs can activate a huge shield by placing an E-POD.

APCs have a boost ability that not only allows them to traverse distances more quickly, but it also acts as a ram-attack that obliterates other vehicles (except the tank because of its super-heavy armor).

BEFORE:

vaporfield1jl8.jpg

AFTER:

vaporfield2by2.jpg

March 23rd Update:

Warhawk Version 1.3 Update confirmed release on April 2nd!! (at end of trailer)

For those wondering what this means:

Main Points of the Update

-- 2 new pieces of Ground Troop Equipment, Wrench and Bio-Field Generator.
-- VOIP now allowed either with "Open Mic" or standard press button to talk
-- Home Intregration Details (See below)

Warhawk v1.3 Patch details

+ Posted by Dylan Jobe // Game Director, Warhawk

I’m excited to announce our new, and FREE, update for Warhawk – the v1.3 Patch!

There are 5 key additions in this update that add a ton of value for our current and future Warhawk players. First, I’ll cover the 2 new troop items that we are adding to the game.

2267487220_3c83f200dc.jpg

So far, Warhawk players have logged over 7.3 million hours of gameplay and have scored over 206 million kills! And during this time, we’ve keenly observed the battles, looking for opportunities for us to further balance Warhawk’s gameplay and over-arching “combat economy”. The result of our observations comes in the form of two upgrades for ground troops – to help promote teamwork, lengthen troop lifespan, and expand Warhawk’s fast-paced, emergent gameplay that players around the world have come to love.

2267487102_b3c6681ce8.jpg

This is gonna be a long post and I want to give you all a rundown of the new equipment but I can’t ramble on for pages about it so I’ll just write a quick summary here. I can always follow-up with you guys later in the comments….you know how I love to respond to comments :-)

2266698131_d2a0489b6a.jpg

#1 Mechanic’s Field Wrench:

As you might expect, this piece of equipment is used to repair vehicles. Once you get the pickup, you swing it just like the combat blade. Then, just walk up to, or onto an allied vehicle and “whack” it with the wrench. It repairs wicked fast so it’s very effectively during combat. On the offensive side, not only is it still a one-hit-kill against troops, but it can be used to damage enemy vehicles as well!

2266698105_8a0295cb98.jpg

#2 Bio-Field Generator:

To use a Bio-Field, grab the pick up and throw it down like a proximity mine. It sticks to walls, ceilings, anything…including vehicles. Then, if any ally stands within its bio-reactive field, his health will quickly regen. Alternatively, and this is where some neat tactics emerge, if an enemy walks into the bio-field (yes, bio-fields are color coded), they’ll take damage – their lungs sizzling like bacon….mmmmm bacon.

2266697847_e0bfa24109.jpg

This new equipment makes life as a ground troop more balanced, and we’re really looking forward to seeing how the battlefield changes once the patch is released!

2267487138_74668ca9d1.jpg

#3 HOME Game Launching:

Yeah Baby…So our HOME integration is coming along nicely and this update includes a great, and much needed feature for Warhawk. With the release of v1.3 patch, players will be able to form groups, meet in their apartments, discuss tactics, and then launch a game of Warhawk…all together!

When you’re in your apartment, all you do is whip-out your virtual PSP, select ‘create game’ and pick Warhawk. From there, you get to start your own player server, pick a game rotation, set server options and then…BAM !! Launch Warhawk with all of your friends!! You can also pick to not make your game viewable to the other Warhawk players around the world, or you can make it a ‘public’ game that puts all of your friends into the server together, and leaves open slots for other global Warhawk players join.

Games launched from HOME show up in the global games list in an attactive gold color.

2267487192_bc29896d06.jpg

Now this is just the beginning of what we’re gonna to be doing with HOME and there’s some really neat stuff on the horizon. I’d love to show you more of the cool HOME stuff that we’re working on but I suspect I’d get a PR-shank to the spine…or possibly a lung.

So I gotta say that I’m actually super relieved that we’re putting in *REAL* legit value for players and *NOT* making HOME a portal for SONY to jam branding and marketing schwag down player’s throats!

As a gamer, I’m excited *and* relieved to see the direction HOME is taking.
#4 New VOIP Options:

We have also received a lot of feedback about VOIP stuff. There were a couple of features that players really wanted, and hopefully this gives them a big chunk of their crazy, crazy VOIP desires. :-P

We now allow players to select between PTT and Open-Mic. Players can also tune the voice-activation level so they don’t accidentally broadcast their girlfriend or boyfriend blabbering-on in the background. Players also now get to more clearly see who’s talking. It’s displayed on the right side of the screen. And yes, the picture below is correct. We also now support an “all-talk” server option so that you can enable cross-team trash talk.

2267487396_7935c0c44a.jpg

What else…oh yeah, we now display which player is speaking at the score screen too. And…we let you pick players from the score screen to mute/un-mute their VOIP.
#5 New Paint Schemes & Insignias:

If you’re an avid Warhawk player and/or read this blog with any regularity, then you know that we are sponsoring a contest that allows players to submit their own, custom, paint schemes for the Nemesis and Warhawk. We’re also allowing players to submit custom insignias too. We’ll be picking the winners and including these new customizations with the v1.3 patch.

Now I’m not posting these because they have already won…but these are some neat designs and I wanted the blog readers to see some of the great paint schemes that have been coming in.

2267487340_6196846951_m.jpg2267487370_87a374ced5_m.jpg

2267487302_faee4bfc62_t.jpg2267487278_6850c35763_t.jpg2267487246_3a526503e0_t.jpg

And one last thing…we want insignias too. Send us your insignias…and please DO NOT just scan something out of a magazine. Seriously!

Well that’s it for now, there are some other features in the new patch too, like some new server options, but we’re not sure if we’re going to ship them or not. They need more play testing.

So this patch is a big update for Warhawk: New troop equipment, HOME Game Launching, VOIP updates and player-created customizations!

~guy in back of room yells “yeah, yeah….but when’s it coming out”~

We’re testing the Warhawk v1.3 patch right now and we’ll update you on timing in another post. Sorry I can’t be more specific…you know how it goes. As soon as I have the “official” release date, I’ll let everyone know.

As always…
rock on

Link

February 28th Update -- holy shit this looks awesome. Ever played in a sandbox with your friends, lining up toy soliders and planning out your strategies? Well now you're going to be able to do this for real with 7of your friends, before entering a Warhawk match.
Kotaku wrote:
Sure, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and Resistance: Fall of Man may have wicked cool feature sets for PlayStation 3's Home, but it's actually Warhawk's planned game portal that has us most excited. According to our sources, the Home lobby for the Incognito dogfighter will serve as a "war room" where up to eight players can meet to discuss their strategy for an upcoming match.

Sure, you could do that with text or voice chat, but it sounds like the developers have gone the extra mile to make planning your battles even cooler.

Using a three-dimensional "sand table" replication of the level, Warhawk players are said to be able to lay out their strategies in a properly scaled space. They'll even be able to place little army men avatars around the map to envision their formations, something we hope they can also do with teeny tiny Warhawk planes, tanks and Jeeps.

The Warhawk war room is said to also serve as a launchpad for games, thankfully, so jumping into a match shouldn't require leaving the Home interface.

This is one of the coolest additions, in my personal opinion, to come to Home and the kind of thing that we hope is replicated and improved upon by other developers for their team-based titles.

http://kotaku.com/361562/how-warhawk-makes-home-really-really-cool

November 30th Update:

WARHAWK OMEGA DAWN BITCHES!

odmapfk1.jpg
od4in4.jpg

odmap2gn7.jpg
odmap3sh9.jpg

7.99 on the PSN store, hitting Europe December 20th, North America date I'm not sure about yet.

The Operation: Omega Dawn pack for Warhawk features an enhanced level of teamwork, tactics and coordinated aerial assaults with the new KT-424 Combat Dropship.

* Omega Factory battlefield includes 5 new map layouts featuring advanced building complexes and huge
industrial towers.

* KT-424 Combat Dropship transports 1 pilot, 6 soldiers and 1 ground vehicle; and features a deadly new
weapon – the MBEC-3 Heavy Support Cannon.

* The 5 large layouts from the original battlefields have been modified to include the KT-424 Combat Dropship

Full Details

fapfapfap

PA Clan List

Clan Name: Hawks Are Wierd
Tag: PA
Clan Leader (PSN Tag): RDreamer

Current Clan List

RDreamer
Bamelin
MistaCreepy
Hellisforheroes
HBoxx
LiquidSolid
malechai
RenegadeGuardian
JamesDM
Kirin70
SOLDIER
RenegadeGuardian
Thrustzulu
DarkCrawler90
LCDXX
Chorzain
BigNastyCurve

Bamelin on

• Options
    edited August 2008
    Safety Post

Bamelin on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man I can't wait for those jetpacks!

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm wondering if the jetpacks will be Tribish or not? It would be awesome if they are.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    release date for version 1.5 (August 27, 2008):
    http://uk.playstation.com/games-media/news/articles/detail/item115001/The-spoils-of-Warhawk/

*trohies
    *tutorial mode
    *custom sound track

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Custom soundtrack? Hot. Blue dot.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Saw this over at Neogaf: Jetpacks confirmed!
    Austrian website eLhabib.at have some Information about the new Warhawk Boosterpack.

The Keyfacts are:
    The Name of the Boosterpack is: Warhawk: Operation Fallen Star.
    It´s possible to use Jetpacks and you can also fire while you are in the air.
    The name of the Jetpack is: Icarus Mk. I

The release for the new Boosterpack is expected in August.
    More Information on the new Boosterpack should be available soon.

source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-181472.aspx

Bamelin on
  • Options
    dodosdodos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fuck yes for custom soundtracks. I think this is the only game other than Super Stardust HD and Pixeljunk Eden to have it.

dodos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ok word on the street is that version 1.5 is on the horizon with custom soundtrack and the knifes for all the tounament players. Unfortunatly this is not including the jetpacks that will later be available with "Fallen Star", bet there will be another map included too.

In a slightly unrelated topic on the store this week a home theme for the xmb was added by downloading this theme you get put into a home beta drawing might be worth looking into for the war room.

Edit: rumored date for 1.5 is the 27th.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I shall eventually return to the Hawking, do not worry! Your resident proxy mine whore shall be back soon! I just ditched the Playstation Eye I used as my mic, so I just need to figure out that mic they provide in the 60 dollar version of the game.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Had a moment this weekend I wish I had been rolling tape during. Was an unranked TDM game where the blue team had 4 hawks flying in formation and the my team was for the most part staying on the ground. I flew right through them firing swarmers at all 4 to get they're attention, shortly afterward I have missle warnings going off and blue tracers buzzing my plane.

I fly over a mountain put it into a step dive and kick into hover when I see two planes go by banking left I start to chase. The tail plane takes 3 swarmers and pops and I close on the lead plane with the lightning gun. Unfortunatly he gets off an air mine just before dieing but I'd say getting 2 kills in a 4 on 1 is preaty damn good.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Why do I suck so hard? Son of a bitch!

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    JAEF wrote: »
    Why do I suck so hard? Son of a bitch!

How many hours have you racked up? Other than switching to proflight, practice is realy the only thing that helps. That and knowing the map layout preaty well, on some maps I still dont know exactly where all the turrets are at. The center base on desert warfare and archapeligo still confuse me sometimes too.

If anyone wants a repeat of last months lesson I suppose I could host another practice server, teach some stratagies and techniques give advice answer questions. Was kind of hoarse after 2 hours of teaching in air survival but enjoyed it.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    4 hours maybe? The problem I have with flying is usually I'll be able to track down a person or two, chase them a bit and get some hits in and then they zoom away. Then while I'm trying to locate people or chasing someone, someone blindsides me from nowhere with a lockon and bam, dead. I've seen the videos for dodging lockons and boosting before you lock and release missiles to get close but I can't quite seem to get the hang of it and get blindsided to death. Same with being on the ground in a game with planes, some dick on a warhawk just comes and rains shit on me.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    As for the offence in a dogfight range is key. It's tricky to get in the sweet spot too far away and your missles and attacks will be avoided easier, too close and you run the risk of lossing your target when they start manuvering. Two ways to aproach it is either to get ready to hit them with so much firepower they're preaty much garunteed to die or test them from range to see how good they are but doing this you lose the element of suprise and drag the fight out longer increasing the odds of getting double teamed.

When you get jumped best advice it to go fast and hard towards a health pick up. Use the terain to your advantage, and as much as I hate to suggest it airmines are a good way to discourage or kill some one on your tail.

When on the ground you should always try to have a rocket launcher handy to deal with any warhawks comming after you. Typicaly people will shy away from using a TOW on a single infantry man, so you will have at least some time to deal with them. Most pilots will run after taking one rocket and all will die after taking two.

Sadly best advice I realy have is to practice.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, Warhawk isn't too kind to new players, much like my short experience with Call of Duty 4. You will get utterly destroyed for a while.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I gotta start playing this again, I had so much fun playing it.

Varega on
    League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    AggroChanAggroChan __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Zones is the best mode ever :<
    Also, I've held off the DLC for the inevitable 3 pack, I hope it doesn't fuck me over by being expensive D:

AggroChan on
    PSN + Zune :>
    Sillender.jpgSillender.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The packs are just 8 bucks by themselves, so I doubt they'll be more than 15 or so if they do put all three into one sometime after the third is out.

Varega, adding you on the 360. You should join in on our Halo session sometime, we play nearly every night.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Also, why does everyone shit on non-pro flight
    i can dodge missles fine (albeit with boost)
    and pro flight just gets me dizzy and the only difference seems that i can fly upside down

AggroChan on
  • Options
    dodosdodos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The next update was said to be free.

dodos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Update (including trophies) is free. Content pack (including jetpacks) is not. Two separate things.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    AggroChan wrote: »
    Also, why does everyone shit on non-pro flight
    i can dodge missles fine (albeit with boost)
    and pro flight just gets me dizzy and the only difference seems that i can fly upside down

Basicly pro flight increases your agressive profile by a large margin. Also acidently moving the right analoge up or down in normal flight is like begging for a homming missle enema.

Once you get use to how pro flight works it makes it much easier to draw a bead on your prefered victim and keep them in your sights till they go boom.

Also the 1.5 update is suppose to have a tutorial mode, along with the custom sound track feature and trophies.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    August 20th Update!
    Warhawk: Operation: Fallen Star expansion pack
    The third expansion pack for mighty online warfare title Warhawk, Operation: Fallen Star introduces the remote, forested Tau Crater - the site of a crashed Chernovan warship containing invaluable experimental technology. With the Chernovans trying desperately to salvage the ship, the Eucadians have arrived with a view to stealing it for themselves. This pack brings ten new battlefields to the Warhawk experience - as well as the Infantry Jetpack - a personal rocket pack that allows soldiers to soar above the fray of battle into the aerial realm of the Warhawks themselves.

Trailer Here

Bamelin on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Jetpack bonar.

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I swear, I shall be there for the jetpacks. Just been busy cheating on my PS3 with the 360.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I haven't played for ages. But I too will be there for jetpacks. =)

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Still get at least one game in a week. Will be there for jetpacks :P

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Damn, not only do the jetpacks come out on Thursday, but both Tales of Vesperia and Castle Crashers are released the day prior.

Why must two awesome games and one add-on for a third awesome game be released right next to each other, and just a week before classes begin no less?

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Mr_GrinchMr_Grinch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I return from Leeds fest and feel the need to blow shit up. Who's up for a game one of the days soon?

Mr_Grinch on
    Steam: Sir_Grinch
    PSN: SirGrinchX
    Oculus Rift: Sir_Grinch
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Mr_Grinch wrote: »
    I return from Leeds fest and feel the need to blow shit up. Who's up for a game one of the days soon?

We never play even though I'm on your friend's list :<
    Sillender, btw

AggroChan on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I will also rock pants today..

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    AggroChan wrote: »

We never play even though I'm on your friend's list :<
    Sillender, btw

I'm likely never ever up when you are.

Or we secretly hate each other.

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've just got this game and I love it. I really suck at it though.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Unfortunatly I'm stuck at work for about 10 more hours. Afterward though if anyone wants to get they're game on I'm down. Need to charge my headset though after the marrithon warhawking last week.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    August 27th Update

Operation Fallen Star Expansion!! It's Out and it's awesome!

taucrater425.jpg

Full Trophy Support has also been added (retroactive)

Full List:
    "Secret" Anti-Camper (Bronze) Kill an enemy in a Missile or Flak Turret after that enemy has achieved at least five kills in that type of turret.
    "Secret" Canyon Run (Silver) Using a Warhawk, shoot down an enemy Warhawk in the central gorge in Vaporfield Glacier.
    "Secret" Daredevil (Bronze) Get 100 feet off the ground in a ground vehicle. Does not count if the vehicle is being carried by a Dropship.
    "Secret" Hit List (Bronze) Kill every member of the opposing team at least once during a round.
    "Secret" King of the Jungle Gym (Silver) Retrieve the Proximity Mines from the top of the dome on the Omega Factory Rumble Dome layout.
    "Secret" Minesweeper (Bronze) Get killed by Proximity Mines five times in a single round.
    "Secret" Reckless Pilot (Bronze) Commit suicide in a Warhawk by running into your own Aerial Mine.
    "Secret" Safety Violation (Silver) Kill a distant enemy from on top of the salvage crane in Tau Crater.
    "Secret" Vengeance (Bronze) Kill an enemy within 60 seconds of that enemy killing you.
    "Secret" What's That Green Line? (Bronze) Get killed by a Binoculars strike while piloting an aircraft.
    Aerial Ballet (Silver) While flying a jetpack, kill an enemy (who is also flying a jetpack) with any weapon other than the Rocket Launcher.
    Anti-Air Ninja (Bronze) Shoot down a Warhawk with any infantry weapon other than a Rocket Launcher.
    Are You Aim-Botting? (Silver) Snipe an enemy who is flying a jetpack.
    Bandit Award (Bronze) Earn all in-game badges at Bandit level.
    Bandwidth Donor (Gold) Host a ranked dedicated server for four consecutive hours.
    Behind Enemy Lines (Silver) Drive an APC into the enemy's home base, then have at least one teammate spawn into that APC.
    Chief Sergeant (Bronze) Achieve a rank of Chief Sergeant.
    Collector (Bronze) Capture four cores at once in Collection mode.
    Combat Driver (Bronze) Complete Vehicle Combat Training.
    Commander (Silver) Achieve a rank of Commander.
    Cowboy (Bronze) Play a perfect Team Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).
    Dead-Eye (Bronze) Achieve a sniper kill from more than 2,500 feet away.
    Decorated Soldier (Silver) Earn any 15 in-game medals.
    Dumbfire (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with a dumbfired Swarm or Homing Missile.
    Emergency Evasion (Bronze) Break at least 6 simultaneous missile locks using Chaff.
    Enlistee (Bronze) Join a clan.
    Executive Honor (Gold) Earn all in-game medals.
    Flying Fortress (Silver) Awarded to the driver and all six passengers of a fully-loaded Dropship.
    General (Gold) Achieve a rank of General.
    Giant Killer (Silver) Shoot down an enemy Dropship while using a Warhawk.
    Ground Pounder (Bronze) Complete Ground Combat Training.
    Hat Trick (Bronze) Get three flag captures in a single round of CTF.
    How Did You Do That? (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with a Cluster Bomb.
    Invincible (Bronze) While on foot, take at least 250 damage within 10 seconds without dying.
    Irony (Bronze) Kill an enemy with his own Proximity Mine.
    Lone Wolf (Bronze) Play a perfect Deathmatch (top player, no deaths).
    Lt. Colonel (Silver) Achieve a rank of Lt. Colonel.
    Master Award (Silver) Earn all in-game badges at Master level.
    One In A Million (Bronze) Shoot down an enemy aircraft using the tank's main cannon.
    Overkill (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with a volley of 8 Swarm Missiles.
    Pilot's License (Bronze) Complete Warhawk Combat Training.
    Porcupine (Gold) Destroy an enemy Warhawk with the APC's E-POD shield.
    Recognition of Merit (Bronze) Earn any five in-game medals
    Remote Pilot (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with a TOW Missile.
    Resourceful Driver (Bronze) Achieve a road kill and a .50 cal kill using the same 4x4, without dismounting.
    Rivalry (Bronze) Win a clan match (red server) as either clan leader or a regular member.
    Saboteur (Bronze) Destroy an enemy vehicle with the Field Wrench.
    Shield Breaker (Silver) Break an enemy E-POD shield using the Lightning Shell.
    Surgical Strike (Gold) Shoot down a Dropship with a Binoculars strike.
    Survivalist (Bronze) Survive for one minute as the hero in Hero mode.
    Tail Shaker (Bronze) Destroy an enemy aircraft with an Aerial Mine within 5 seconds of deploying it.
    Taxi Driver (Bronze) Help a teammate capture the flag (in CTF) or cogs (in Collection) by transporting him back to the base, using any vehicle.
    That Was Some Bug (Gold) Kill an enemy who is flying a jetpack by hitting him with any vehicle or aircraft.
    Warhawk Award (Gold) Earn all in-game badges at Warhawk level.
    Warhawk Supreme Achievement (Platinum) All your base trophies are belong to platinum.
    Warlord (Bronze) Create a clan and get nine other members to join. (Awarded at ten members while you are the clan leader.)
    World Victory (Bronze) Control all capturable bases in a Zones match, and reduce the enemy's home base to level 1.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What does it add and how much is it?!

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    What does it add and how much is it?!

Jetpacks!!!!! =D

Not sure on the price. 8 or 9 bucks I think?

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Curses, I was debating not getting it because I dont' play warhawk -that- much.

But fucking jetpacks... it shall be bought this evening

Mr_Grinch on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ok I downloaded the patch and my retroactive trophies aren't activating? Does it take time for them to kick in like some of the metals in the game? Also I'm not seeing the new expansion pack in the PSN store.

The_Spaniard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Uh, probably because the store updates on Thursdays. I imagine it would be out tomorrow.

JAEF on