As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Medusa WIP (NSFW) updated again! 2007-05-28

2»

• Options
    JarmoJarmo Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Damn! Sami, you rule! I really like your work, man. Am I mistaken or have I seen your art in imaginefx's dvd?

Well anyways: helevetin hieno kuva

Jarmo on
  • Options
    no_toastno_toast Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Nice to see that you had the will to finish this. The amount of detail is something I couldn't imagine doing myself.

Totally offtopic but this is just a funny coincidence. Your name is finnish, maybe your family is from here? And you study at the swedish equivalent of The Helsinki University of Technology and your major isn't that far from mine . Feels weird =)

But keep posting more och lycka till.

no_toast on
  • Options
    Sam :)Sam :) Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Thank you and "kiitos". :P

My art has not been featured on any dvd's or anywhere for that matter.

Yes, both my parents are from Finland (I'm a Finnish citizen but have lived all my life in Sweden).

Sam :) on
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Wow, that looks really nice. The wall texture came out nice, and it finally all came together. The detail in the whole thing is pretty astonishing.

The only crit I can think of is one that has already been mentioned. Her skin tone sticks out too much. If you are going to add color to her skin, maybe try a more subdued hue so that the flesh doesn't look so drastically different from the rest of the picture. I kinda liked it better in greyscale, but I think a skintone could work if it was a little more washed out and not so glaring.

earthwormadam on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Next time she comes in to model, could you tell that bitch that if one of her heads knocks me off the giant pendulum into a wall of spikes one more time, I'm going to have a serious talk with Dracula about his HR.

Delzhand on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Something tells me you are referring to Castlevania III on the NES.

• Options
    edited May 2007
    It's been a while huh? I put in one last effort to fix this painting. It's sad that with hundreds of hours in the making - it is still only on par with what an average painter can do in 8-10 hours...

Update is in the first post.

• Options
    anableanable North TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Color me impressed. I'm not any type of legitimate art critic, but when I look at that picture I say "nice."

anable on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    As i said a year ago, I still think the spot where her right hand goes over the pattern in the background looks dumb.

Greatnation on