Options

Bug Report: "Failed sending email" error

The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, OmeganautRegistered User, ClubPA regular
but after i hit submit, it gives me this message:

Failed sending email ::
SMTP:false
ADDR:

BLM - ACAB
The Geek on

Posts

  • Options
    boddahboddah Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Me too

    boddah on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    Aye

    SniperGuy on
  • Options
    150cc150cc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    And the ADD: is someone posting using an email address at UMBC.EDU.

    Ramius should seriously just get rid of this option. Why do people need to be notified? Why can't they just log on the forum and check the thread? This glitch keeps popping up over and over again- not the first time this has happened.

    150cc on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited October 2003
    Failed sending email ::
    SMTP:false
    ADDR:

    yeah, I keep on getting this too

    Grifter on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited October 2003
    150cc wrote:
    Ramius should seriously just get rid of this option. Why do people need to be notified? Why can't they just log on the forum and check the thread? This glitch keeps popping up over and over again- not the first time this has happened.

    Some people really like it. There are dozens who use it regularly. So I'm not going to remove it.

    However, I do need to know when it is happening so I can let homeLan know. They periodically make adjustments to the server which prevents emails from going out which causes this wonderful error.

    I assume it is still happening? looks like the last post in here was a couple hours ago, so I'm not sure...

    Ramius on
    1zxt8dhasaon.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2003
    I believe so. It also happened when I sent a PM recently.

    Tube on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2003
    It also just happened as I posted that.

    Tube on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited October 2003
    It also just happened as I posted that.
    I set it to notify me of replies on this thread so I could test it....

    Okay, thanks for the update.

    Ramius on
    1zxt8dhasaon.png
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2003
    um, test?

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2003
    test... again?

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited October 2003
    last one.

    Unknown User on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited October 2003
    Oh fine, so you can have as many alternates as you want, but not us lowly forumers.

    Tube on
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    Ramius wrote:
    Some people really like it. There are dozens who use it regularly. So I'm not going to remove it.

    However, I do need to know when it is happening so I can let homeLan know. They periodically make adjustments to the server which prevents emails from going out which causes this wonderful error.

    I assume it is still happening? looks like the last post in here was a couple hours ago, so I'm not sure...

    You should be able to just send the error to a log instead of displaying it to the user. That way you'd know but you wouldn't have everyone asking you what is causing errors to pop up each time.

    Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    orthanc wrote:
    Ramius wrote:
    Some people really like it. There are dozens who use it regularly. So I'm not going to remove it.

    However, I do need to know when it is happening so I can let homeLan know. They periodically make adjustments to the server which prevents emails from going out which causes this wonderful error.

    I assume it is still happening? looks like the last post in here was a couple hours ago, so I'm not sure...

    You should be able to just send the error to a log instead of displaying it to the user. That way you'd know but you wouldn't have everyone asking you what is causing errors to pop up each time.
    I was just about to say that. Actually the first thing that came to mind was sending an email to a special account telling you that email isnt working. Aparently I have spent all of my logic that was allocated for this weekend. :wink: I think you could probably work on some auto-notify system....

    EDIT : Speeling ++

    Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited October 2003
    Well, I'm not terribly keen on the logfile because I will forget to check it.

    But I DID supress the error for now, so people will not be bugged by it. Unfortunately, since email isn't working, I also had to shut off new account registrations. So I'll have to work someting out in the long run, I'm sure.

    Maybe I can throw something together quick in 5 minutes.

    Ramius on
    1zxt8dhasaon.png
  • Options
    ÄlphämönkëyÄlphämönkëy Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    You could force post something in the mod forum that would tell one of us to email you. Hmmmmm. I have some other ideas that depend on how creative you want to get :D

    Älphämönkëy on
  • Options
    RickBannerRickBanner Registered User new member
    edited October 2003
    This would explain why I never got my activation email...

    RickBanner on
    The future was better yesterday.
  • Options
    OrthancOrthanc Death Lite, Only 1 Calorie Off the end of the internet, just turn left.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2003
    If you log into the terminal fairly often you could send yourself a message on the unix system. This would come up as "You have a new message" when you log into the terminal. And of course it wouldn't be affected by the email being down.

    Edit: or just the simple solution. Have it send you a PM when it happens (obviously have some check to prevent your inbox being flooded)

    Orthanc on
    orthanc
  • Options
    RamiusRamius Joined: July 19, 2000 Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited October 2003
    email seems to be working again.

    Ramius on
    1zxt8dhasaon.png
  • Options
    EffStarStarStarEffStarStarStar Registered User regular
    edited October 2003
    Registration is still closed?

    EffStarStarStar on
Sign In or Register to comment.