As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Zimmy's first [chat]!

1545556575860»

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »
    How goes it in yon lands o'er yonder?

Whoppers Jr. for a buck.

Jealous much?

How much is that? €0.7? :P

Haphazard on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I miss sexings.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I miss sexings.
    Clearly you two should hook up.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    wazillawazilla Having a late dinner Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    I miss sexings.
    Clearly us three should hook up.

wazilla on
    Psn:wazukki
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    right...off to pick up a parcel.

later [chat]

BobCesca on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There's enough man in my sex life with just me.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So apparently we get to vote to ban a forumer.

James on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Old news is old.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    James wrote: »
    So apparently we get to vote to ban a forumer.
    The poll lacks worthy candidates though.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I miss sexings.
    Why did you break up with your girlfriend? Did she morph into some sort of nanocube hating she-Satan?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hmm, they are going to start offering A* grades at A-level. Surely it'd be easier to just make A's harder to achieve.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    Hmm, they are going to start offering A* grades at A-level. Surely it'd be easier to just make A's harder to achieve.

Never understood why they didn't have them when they had them at AS level.

Duki on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    They didn't have them at AS level, unless they've changed it since I did them (which was admittedly now many years ago).

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    They did in CIE when I did it.

Duki on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    How strange.

In non-UK education related news, I've just discovered a new radio show. Electro East. It's really nice upbeat electro-stuff.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    it's not fair. I don't drink and yet i have the mother of all hangovers.

Someone up there really hates me.

Also, it was a letter to my dad, not an exciting parcel. :(

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Zim sure can make a [chat]

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Seven months ago I was really close to being a badass.

In the last seven months my primary goal has to become MORE badass.

Where did it go wrong? Why am I slipping back?

I need to retreat into myself and reforge the elements of my personality anew. The caterpillar retreats into itself and is reformed into a beautiful specimen.

Both graceful and persistent. Both humble and confident. I see the traces of what I want to become in every flickering shadow.

In the stories, men's transformation always comes about through some awful impetus, but in real life, sometimes it's as simple as just... making that leap.

And
    not
    looking
    back

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Duki on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That's well composed Greeper. But why?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I assume because I have a gift with words is why it's well composed.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Greeper wrote: »

No why would you want to be a badass?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »
    it's not fair. I don't drink and yet i have the mother of all hangovers.

Someone up there really hates me.

Also, it was a letter to my dad, not an exciting parcel. :(

It can't always be a cow-cushion. ;-)

Haphazard on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2008
    Man, I missed a lot of drama. Probably for the best.

Watching the E3 trailer for the new Prince of Persia made me realize that I want to play these games for the rest of my life.

It is so sexy.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mornin' folks.

*edit what drama?

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We had drama? Huh?

Hello, Aldo.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Man you're no fun.

Why does anybody do anything? I wanna become a man the people who care about me can become proud of. My family loves me no matter what, and my friends too, but I don't deserve them. They think I'm better than I am, and I want their beautiful delusions to become true. That I'm who they expect me to be, who they think I am. That grain of potential hidden within. I've put these people through shit, for once I want to be the shoulder they can freely cry upon, to repay them for their patience and understanding so they can feel they helped shape a man who deserves to live upon this world.

When I went back to the country I was born in, for the first time in my memory, I was no longer among my immediate family, but my extended family, who barely knew me. Cousins and grandparents all but forgotten and some never met at all. I realized that I was defined by the people around me. Maybe everybody is. I was disturbed to find that the only constants in my personality were selfishness and apathy. If people expected me to be afraid, I felt fear. Alone, I was little more than an empty shell, a somehow vampiric entity that fed off the personality of others.

That shit won't stand.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    Watching the E3 trailer for the new Prince of Persia made me realize that I want to play these games for the rest of my life.

It is so sexy.

I'm holding out tentative hope it might actually be better than Sands of Time.

It certainly may rival like... Ico for sheer Awesome Companion Syndrome.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Man, I missed a lot of drama. Probably for the best.

It is so sexy.

I thought the sands of time kind of felt sloppy.

Then again I played it for PC.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That's... not a year!

Edit: Yet!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Man you're no fun.

Why does anybody do anything? I wanna become a man the people who care about me can become proud of. My family loves me no matter what, and my friends too, but I don't deserve them. They think I'm better than I am, and I want their beautiful delusions to become true. That I'm who they expect me to be, who they think I am. That grain of potential hidden within. I've put these people through shit, for once I want to be the shoulder they can freely cry upon, to repay them for their patience and understanding so they can feel they helped shape a man who deserves to live upon this world.

When I went back to the country I was born in, for the first time in my memory, I was no longer among my immediate family, but my extended family, who barely knew me. Cousins and grandparents all but forgotten and some never met at all. I realized that I was defined by the people around me. Maybe everybody is. I was disturbed to find that the only constants in my personality were selfishness and apathy. If people expected me to be afraid, I felt fear. Alone, I was little more than an empty shell, a somehow vampiric entity that fed off the personality of others.

That shit won't stand.
    A lot of people tend to want to acquire a badass status for all of the wrong reasons. You do seem to be entirely justified in the endeavor and perhaps I was looking at the term in the wrong light.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    No seriously, what drama?

And hello herr Haps.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    To get laid, DUE.

I want to get laid.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    No seriously, what drama?

And hello herr Haps.

Go to the middlish pages.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    To get laid, DUE.

I want to get laid.

NO!

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008

Do you mean the year when DNF will be released?

Honk on
    PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sands of Time was kind of sloppy, especially the combat.

But it made up for it by being fuckawesome.

Greeper on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    I miss sexings.
    Why did you break up with your girlfriend? Did she morph into some sort of nanocube hating she-Satan?
    We grew apart. Also she doesn't share my politics. Also I don't think I'm a particularly useful person when divorced from a large well equipped electronics lab like I have at my parents house. So essentially a multitude of factors summarized as "ultimately our interests are incredibly divergent".

This is why I am now dating the girl from my uni course instead. But I didn't see her this weekend because she had the flu, and also gave it to me when I saw her last Thursday. Only now my body is being raped by said flu whereas she is apparently better.

The new plan is to strongly resist moving in with said girlfriend - if I move anywhere its into my own solitary apartment where things are mine so I can implement my own whacky schemes to solve trivial problems. This may take a while though since research monies are slender.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sparky makes the new thread.

20030115h.jpg
    Tycho wrote:
    This newspost delay was brought to you by AT&T's sterling Cable Internet service.

We were not especially struck by any of the news out there, at least, not in a comic way, so we took advantage of that fact and decided to do whatever we wanted. Technically we do whatever we want whether or not we have an excuse to, but it rarely reaches this threshold of elaboration when we're just messing around. Also, apparently the Japanese stuff at the top actually says what it is supposed to - so obviously, we had nothing to do with it. The strange characters that make up Japanese fill me with a vague unease. No, that's all Kiko, who apparently has some faculty with it. And he's not Japanese, either, that's the thing. In fact, if there is a name less Japanese than Francisco Villasenor I would be surprised to see it.

One piece of news did have a certain flavor, but at this point we were already done with the comic so it didn't have a chance to germinate. Courtesy of The Magicbox (compulsory daily reading) we have shots of the console specific characters for each version of Soul Calibur II. If you didn't already know, just go look and be overcome with emotion. By all available information, it sounds like we're in for the same luxurious treatment Namco has always given home conversions of this series. Soul Calibur for the DC remains a top contender in virtually every scoreable category, even categories you make up on the spot, like "Best, uh... Spelunking." The only thing you could fault it for, really, was that it did not include the exhilarating weapon collection of its prior iteration - and it's back for Soul Calibur II. Come to think of it, I've never even seen Soul Calibur II at a Seattle arcade, or anywhere else for that matter, so it seems likely that my first experience will be with the lavish home version on the console of my choice.

I started using ICQ again for some reason, I hadn't used it in maybe two years, and all these people I used to talk to apparently never pruned me from their lists. It's like opening a time capsule every time I connect to it, I don't know who half these people are, and I don't have the logs from back then but apparently I logged off in the middle of a conversation. I was talking to Soup last night, I guess he's made a dark pact with continuity of all things. People change, you know? I had a friend back in the day named Brad who ran a humor site called Lowpass.net, he was written up in Wired for promoting it via spoofed Eminem tracks. It turns out he's still alive, and when he's not maintaining his sites Strip Creator or In4mador he puts out some really catchy songs. You see, he's kind of a renaissance dork.

I wanted to thank Nexon for sponsoring Penny Arcade this month, they just moved from the front page to the strip page. Shattered Galaxy 1.5 has a really interesting take on Real-Time Strategy, and it's been doing things since version 1.0 that other games in the genre would do well to learn from. It has a free trial, and it only costs ten bucks to upgrade the demo to retail status if you find yourself hooked. Give it a try, see if it does it for you.

(CW)TB out.

all twisted up in wires

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.