As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW Chat and General Questions, now with Triple XP!

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Min/maxing is really only required for Sunwell.

All of BT and Mount Hyjal can be powered through with enough shamans.

Fuck Sunwell.

Transporter on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    I love being in a small guild that just 10-mans.

This will be even more super-awesome come Wrath.

I know!

The only drama I see happening is debate over WHICH 10-man to do. We might have to do several a week instead of one on the weekend.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

I'm like this except our guild is huge so we do Gruuls and Maggy too. We run five Kara teams and once a week we power through Gruuls and maggy and everyone has fun and vent is filled with awesome drunk sweedish people. I love my new guild.

Tav on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Fuck Sunwell.
    Tell this to the guild who just recently downed Vashj and enforces:
    Gear restrictions (standard. Don't want just-turned 70s in SSC)
    Spec restrictions (Er...)
    No talking on Vent
    Prepared before Raid (okay that's normal)...including having eaten dinner (they raid at like, 5 EST), gone to the bathroom, and NO interruptions except for a 5 minute AFK break every hour.
    If all of this wasn't bad enough for a guild that's barely breaking through tier 5, they also only allow "excused absences" from raiding, and insist that "You wouldn't show up unprepared for any other sport", which is what really got me.

I could understand if they were heading into Sunwell and didn't wanna dick around for 45 minutes because the Druid didn't expect to tank tonight. But seriously.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Fuck Sunwell.
    No talking on Vent
    Prepared before Raid (okay that's normal)...including having eaten dinner (they raid at like, 5 EST), gone to the bathroom, and NO interruptions except for a 5 minute AFK break every hour.
    If all of this wasn't bad enough for a guild that's barely breaking through tier 5, they also only allow "excused absences" from raiding, and insist that "You wouldn't show up unprepared for any other sport", which is what really got me.

I could understand if they were heading into Sunwell and didn't wanna dick around for 45 minutes because the Druid didn't expect to tank tonight. But seriously.

That... is incredible. I mean really. Maybe they are doing really well, and they just started out, but you need to tone that shit down at least until you're halfway through BT.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is there a place where I can just legally buy a WoW and BC CD key online? Because blizzard's upgrade online is borked for me and takes 72 hours anyway, and I'd rather not buy a box and strategy guide and shit just to toss it, feels like a waste of raw materials.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Fuck Sunwell.
    No talking on Vent

That... is incredible. I mean really. Maybe they are doing really well, and they just started out, but you need to tone that shit down at least until you're halfway through BT.
    Server wise? They're doing well for themselves. Although they have a reputation for being full of self-righteous douchebags who look down on anyone not in their guild. Which is funny, they have a Priest who stacks Stamina so she can survive Gruul's shatter. As their Class Lead.

Overall they really aren't making a lot of progress. They downed Vashj in...March or April, I think. And haven't made any raid progress since.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SSC OMG?

Progression content is progression content. It doesn't matter if you're starting Karazhan; if you've never done it before and are wearing blues, you'll see best results treating it semi-seriously.

Which isn't to say that they aren't going overboard, but "you don't have to be serious until BT" works mostly with groups that already outgear the early content due to OMG BADGE GAER!

Edit: Stacking stamina on a priest? ... I stand corrected, they could just be asshats.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    They are.

General consensus is they're a tier 4.5 guild with a tier 6 attitude.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    BlueBaronBlueBaron regular
    edited August 2008
    well..you do have to have a certain amount of stamina to survive as a healer. thats what pvp healing gear is for

BlueBaron on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Is there a place where I can just legally buy a WoW and BC CD key online? Because blizzard's upgrade online is borked for me and takes 72 hours anyway, and I'd rather not buy a box and strategy guide and shit just to toss it, feels like a waste of raw materials.

pretty sure you can get it off of direct2drive.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Septus wrote: »

It's pretty great. I get to look at all the abloo-blooing about raid spots for 25 mans etc and all the min-maxing crap, and laugh to myself about how that used to suck for me.

10 mans are the perfect setup in my mind, it gives more responsibility to certain people and less stress with dealing with the retards who need someone to shout their name when they get whatever mechanic any boss uses, ie bombs/constructs/ect

Blizz has already proved they can make encounters fun with za, and that you can work around the need for certain gimmick encounters needing a specific spell to use on them.

Also on the subject of raiding, fuck the astromancer in tk, played skeet with my ass by tossing me in the air then popping me with her missiles.

polloface on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have a General Question regarding EU servers--I'm on Xavius now, and it sucks dick. Really chokes on it.

I'm looking for a server that--once I hit 70 and stuff--will accommodate my need for fun PvE with fun people and some decent PvP (being in a good battlegroup is enough for me, I guess). I'm thinking anything with a medium-small PA guild would be ideal (because I <3 you guys), if anything like that exists on a EU server.

Hell, if it can provide the above before 70, all the better. I'd like to get my ass out of Xavius as soon as I can.

Senshi on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    polloface wrote: »
    Also on the subject of raiding, fuck the astromancer in tk, played skeet with my ass by tossing me in the air then popping me with her missiles.

PULL!
    WoWScrnShot_120305_223836.jpg

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Senshi wrote: »
    I have a General Question regarding EU servers--I'm on Xavius now, and it sucks dick. Really chokes on it.

I'm looking for a server that--once I hit 70 and stuff--will accommodate my need for fun PvE with fun people and some decent PvP (being in a good battlegroup is enough for me, I guess). I'm thinking anything with a medium-small PA guild would be ideal (because I <3 you guys), if anything like that exists on a EU server.

Hell, if it can provide the above before 70, all the better. I'd like to get my ass out of Xavius as soon as I can.

There is no real PA guild. Most PA EU players play on different servers and have little contact with one another (I'm on Alonsus, Echo's on some RPPVP server whose name escapes me and number guy's on Nagrand.... can't think of any other players on English speaking servers.)

Tav on
  • Options
    SenshiSenshi BALLING OUT OF CONTROL WavefrontRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I thought so, after reading the Guild thread <.<

Can anyone recommend any pleasant servers fitting my criteria as stated above?

Senshi on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I dunno. Alonsus isn't bad, but trade is a hole and there aren't a whole lot of guilds doing Kara. I'd say roll an alt there for a while to get a feel for the server, but it really won't be to everyones taste. My friend played there for a bit and remarked that "It was like everyone on the entire server hung out in either trade or Goldshire".

Tav on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Senshi wrote: »

I've just rerolled onto Silvermoon because there were no PVE guilds left on Nagrand and I fancy playing Alliance for a change of pace, PVE here seems really active so far and it's on Cyclone which is regarded as the most active BG I think (couldn't tell you about queue times because I'm not 70 yet). Lets face it, anything will be better than the Ruin BG.

815165 on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Forar wrote: »

PULL!

Pfft....sounds like someone didn't have a good breakfast....
    ragnar-os.jpg

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    By fiber be purged... yessss

Mgcw on
  • Options
    ShawxnShawxn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so who else is leveling two characters at once now with this triple exp stuff? i RAF'd myself and i'm thinking of getting both to 58 or 60 and then transferring the one on the separate account. my new warlock and rogue are level 16 now :)

Shawxn on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    By fiber be purged... yessss

ugh

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Shawxn wrote: »
    so who else is leveling two characters at once now with this triple exp stuff? i RAF'd myself and i'm thinking of getting both to 58 or 60 and then transferring the one on the separate account. my new warlock and rogue are level 16 now :)

We've got a 3-man leveling team going at the moment. My girlfriend sent trial keys to my brother and I, so when we're grouped all 3 of us get the bonus. Got from level 26 to 37 in a few hours yesterday just screwing around doing a few quests, good times.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    ShawxnShawxn Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    nice. i'm hoping my characters will be a decent level by the time i go off to college next week, as i dont see myself putting too much time into it after that. i'm pretty sure its taking me about 2/3 the time it would take per normal character level, except for when i run myself through stuff in instances. then its crazy fast (5 levels/hour)

Shawxn on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Aldarez wrote: »
    Shawxn wrote: »

We've got a 3-man leveling team going at the moment. My girlfriend sent trial keys to my brother and I, so when we're grouped all 3 of us get the bonus. Got from level 26 to 37 in a few hours yesterday just screwing around doing a few quests, good times.

damn you and your wow gf

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I like the people in battlegrounds at times
    WoWScrnShot_081108_225622.jpg

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »

PULL!

Pfft....sounds like someone didn't have a good breakfast....
    ragnar-os.jpg

Made this years and years ago (Before War3 was even announced)
    kilroggsL.jpg

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I like the people in battlegrounds at times

I recently started introducing myself in AB with "Hey guys, I really suck so the rest of you will have to work together."

Seg on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm the guy that joins AB and tells everyone to rush Bal and move on to AS, skip SP.

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I might even have you one better. This guy was riding out of Revantusk Village in the Hinterlands as my friends and I were all riding in. He stopped to whisper me "is there an instance around here or something lol?", I replied, "Nope", and he responded with, "lol".

I told my friends about it and we chuckled, well a bit later while we were leaving the Hinterlands, I saw him again, killing Gryphons and was just riding by him. Got another random whisper from him that led to this string of back and forth:
    doogthingymw8.jpg

I really don't think he had any idea what I was going for there at the end. Some people, I swear.

The conversation went on a little from there, him complaining about the drop rate of Long Elegant Feathers for a Horde quest, which he's right, is utter bullshit. But the server was shutting down for maintenance in like, a minute, so I had to log off.

Dranyth on
  • Options
    Indica1Indica1 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Can somebody say something that will convince me not to resubscribe to wow right before school starts, after at least 48 months of not playing, when I want to start fighting amature this year?

Becuase even the previous post reminding me how dumb everyone in Azeroth is isn't working.

Indica1 on

If the president had any real power, he'd be able to live wherever the fuck he wanted.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Play, if you have fun, keep playing, if you don't have fun, stop playing.

It's a pretty simple system, and it works!

815165 on
  • Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wrath of the Lich King is supposed to come out at the end of the year? Wait... you want a reason NOT to, nevermind.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just saw a level 77 female orc Death Knight... named Mankrikswife. Awesome.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Quick triple xp question: if I make a trial account and link it with my main, could I dual box a bunch of characters to 20 (I'm thinking 8, 4 on each account) and then boost one of them up to 60 instantly with the levels the trial account built up?

Tav on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tav wrote: »
    Quick triple xp question: if I make a trial account and link it with my main, could I dual box a bunch of characters to 20 (I'm thinking 8, 4 on each account) and then boost one of them up to 60 instantly with the levels the trial account built up?

No; you can't gift a level that exceeds the level of the one that generated the gift.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    Just saw a level 77 female orc Death Knight... named Mankrikswife. Awesome.
    I so wish that Mankrik's wife was a quest NPC.

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

No; you can't gift a level that exceeds the level of the one that generated the gift.

So, powerlevel two 60s on the other account, and that'll be enough to take one character on your account from 1-60?

SabreMau on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Indica1 wrote: »
    Can somebody say something that will convince me not to resubscribe to wow right before school starts, after at least 48 months of not playing, when I want to start fighting amature this year?

Becuase even the previous post reminding me how dumb everyone in Azeroth is isn't working.

I recently resubscribed after at least 48 months of not playing, possibly longer. I work full-time and I'm starting graduate school part-time in the fall as well as getting married in less than a month. I'm very much enjoying myself. And this is without purchasing the Burning Crusade expansion.

Does that work? :wink:

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    SabreMau wrote: »

So, powerlevel two 60s on the other account, and that'll be enough to take one character on your account from 1-60?

Yes.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
This discussion has been closed.