As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[CthulhuTech On - OOC] The Forgotten Fugue

• Options
    Premier kakosPremier kakos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I do shift work, so it could change in the future, but right now Saturday afternoons are open for me. I don't have any books right now but I'll order them ASAP.

I do live in Juneau, AK, so it may take a little while, but I want to play this soooo bad.

Are Saturday afternoons the only time your available?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I should say that all-day Saturday is the only time I am consistantly available. Sundays I am consistantly unavailable and my weekday schedule can't seem to settle down. For example, this week I am working midnight - 8 AM. Same for Mon - Wed next week, but then for no good reason at all I'm suddenly working 4 PM - Midnight.

It may turn out that my schedule is too disruptive, in which case I will bow out instead of making life difficult for everyone else, of course.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So, a little issue has come to my attention. There are too many of you fuckers. When I posted this, I was expecting to get at max four people who were somewhat interested. Instead, I got seven people who are all very interested.

So, I have a couple ideas about what I can do about this, but I need everyone to tell me what they're thinking of playing. I've heard from a couple of people and a couple more of you are playing around with an idea. But now is the time to try to decide on something semi-permanent.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If someone has the info on this (or the b&w Vade Mecum) I'd be interested in playing a Human Vampire Tager. I have to think of the details regarding his background, but generally thinking of someone obsessed with the occult due to early trauma (not parents dying ;-) ) and is drawn to the Eldritch Society.

Alternatively, if we want more normal types or can't find the VM info. Human (Spy Hunter type) Intelligence Agent.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, I have next to 0 knowledge since I don't have my hands on the core book yet, but I did kind of have my eye on that whole Engel pilot thing. :)

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Depending on need, I'm leaning toward either a Shadow Tager, or if we're going with mechs and Engels, an Aral Engel pilot.

Cynic Jester on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I do live in Juneau, AK, so it may take a little while, but I want to play this soooo bad.

You may be happy to know that your hometown has been very thoroughly ravaged by the Migou. Horribly, horribly ravaged. I thought it was pretty cool. I mean, who pays attention to alaska?

Bugs from Pluto!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Just curious Premier, are you thinking of running a mech game?

edit : if you want ProfMoriarty, I can send you some info on Character Classes and the like.

i hate providing more options:

but for a mech game, I could see a Seraph or Tarshish Pilot. I could see a fun little relationship between a hotshot pilot and a stubbourn Engel. Who the Engel foundation team desperately want to work together despite the pilot wanting to change engels.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Egos wrote: »
    Just curious Premier, are you thinking of running a mech game?

So, it looks like there are a hand full of people who want to run Engels/Mechs and the rest who want to run other things. Since we have more than one group worth of people, one possibility is running a Engel/Mech game and also run a non-Engel/Mech game.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We could also try sorting it out by availabilities... most of the people who have chimed in there seem to be able to do weekends, is there anyone who can't?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, if everyone can play, all the better. This is likely the only chance you'll ever get to play this game. :-P

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Quick note on character creation. Do everything as normal from the book with one exception. Everyone has the "Amnesia" drawback, so you can't take that one. You don't get any points, but I also won't spend any of your skill points for you. It's simply a plot device. The source of your amnesia has already been decided, so no need to come up with reasons for why you're an amnesiac. If you want to come up with a more detailed character history, I fully support this, but your character won't know it.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I'll tweak around my sheet-as-written, then. Thanks for the heads-up.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    if you want ProfMoriarty, I can send you some info on Character Classes and the like.

You'd be my hero. :D
    Rainfall wrote:
    You may be happy to know that your hometown has been very thoroughly ravaged by the Migou. Horribly, horribly ravaged. I thought it was pretty cool. I mean, who pays attention to alaska?

Bugs from Pluto!

Best news of my life.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I sent you some info , Prof. Hope it was digestable.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I posted what info I've seen so far. I might have missed something, so if I'm missing you or you have more character information, or updated availability, let me know.

PS: trentsteel, what days are you available?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey Premier, few characters -curious which concepts would fit best (or if its just up to me).

For the engel pilots last two are pretty interchangeable (although imo the last one is a bit more interesting, the first mech guy might be better for amnesia).

Character 1
    is a tager who oddly perfectly embodies the whole "cyberpunk" youth look of the time to the point that it seems fabricated (e.g. like he was designed to look that way, or he had a fashion designer pick out clothes for him). That is except for odd black scratch like tattoos located across his body- notably in very visible areas (parts of his face , hands and arms, part of his chest).

They appear to be Nazzadi tatooes, but their odd designs and lack of symetrical beauty seems to suggest they may not be for decorations (e.g. they could be warnings).

Mech types

Character 2
    A seemingly PR favorite amongst Engel pilots. He is believed to be a former mech recruit who was turned over/tested for the Engel program after an incident had occured that left a Seraph pilotless. The Seraph oddly took to this particular individual despite many other test canidates failed.

The Seraph seems to be oddly long surviving engel, and the fact that a new pilot was found seemed to inspire hope amongst the engel program (at least from a PR angle). Or so this character is told.

Character 3
    - A british pilot seemingly in his mid 30s. He is older than most Engel pilots and doesn't seem to share much comraderie with his contemporaries. In fact most signs point to the fact that he was originally trained as a scientist- a fact that is verified by his wife (also a scientist) Natalie.

It seems as though this character may have became involved with the Engel program during experiments to attune ones mind to a Tarshish engel. He or someone else may have used himself as a test subject and unwilling or surprisingly ended up attuned to one. *He may also view his relationship with the tarshish as more of one between a subject and a scientist as opposed to conventional views*.

Its unknown whether he actual sees much combat, or if he mainly is called upon to test various scenarios.

edit: apologies for any typos, did these a bit ad-lib.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thanks to Egos, I *should* be able to submit a character before the end of tomorrow evening: maybe even tomorrow morning if work goes slow enough. Also, I have books on order.

EDIT: I'm looking at a potentially serious holdup on the character creation. When were you planning to start the game?

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thanks to Egos, I *should* be able to submit a character before the end of tomorrow evening: maybe even tomorrow morning if work goes slow enough. Also, I have books on order.

EDIT: I'm looking at a potentially serious holdup on the character creation. When were you planning to start the game?

Oh, you guys still have quite a bit of time. It's not starting like tomorrow or anything like that.

So, what is the hold-up?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, the books are still on their way, so I can still definetly get a character out once those show. The shorter-term holdup is that I inadvertantly lost all the information that Egos sent me. Sorry.

EDIT: scratch that; Egos is a hero whose deeds shall be recounted by singers and storytellers for ages to come.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    EDIT: scratch that; Egos is a hero whose deeds shall be recounted by singers and storytellers for ages to come.

Np. I'll try and get you bit more info (later) on Qualities/Drawbacks, Flaws/Virtues, and a few more skills.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Egos,

Could you send the information to me as well? Danke.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah sure, do you want all the info I sent Prof. so far? Or just the upcoming batch?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah sure, do you want all the info I sent Prof. so far? Or just the upcoming batch?

All the information, if you please.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I'm clearly missing a few things, but based on what I know, here's what I have.
    Thomas Carter - Human Engel Pilot

Agility 8 (3 Cheat Points used)
    Intellect 5
    Perception 5
    Presence 5
    Strength 7 (3 Cheat Points used)
    Tenacity 8

Skills:

Armed Fighting 1 (Engel specialization)
    Dodge 1
    Marksman 2
    Support Weapons 1
    Thrown Weapons 1
    Pilot 3 (Tarshish Engel specialization)
    Fighting 3
    Hobby (Boxing) 3
    Survival 1
    Intimidate 1

Virtue - SelfConfident
    Flaw - Arrogant

Assets:

Authority (3)
    Fast (2)
    Fearless (2)
    High Pain Threshold (3)

Drawbacks:

Big ego (-1)
    Duty (-3)
    Engel Synthesis Interface (-1)

Appearance: Slightly muscular, 6'1'', short black hair and wild brown eyes.

Thomas, typically reffered to as "Just Tom" ("Hi, Thomas." "It's just 'Tom.'" "Okay, Just Tom."), is an avid boxer and lover of himself. He always has to be the star of the show, regardless of the show. He'll throw himself into situations where he has no applicable ability in a bid for attention if he must. He plays the hero at every opportunity.

He utilizes his love of boxing both in his work and as a hobby, participating in events.

Or so he's told by those who claim to know, as his recent amnesia doesn't really allow him to *know* that much. However, his abilities and tendencies seem to support it.

I gotta say, this is way more fun than making a DnD character. Thanks again to Egos for his help.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So I've gotten the sudden itch to reconsider my character as an Intelligence Agent. Just how amnesiac are our characters going to be, how recent will they have been afflicted by memory loss, and will they have records on hand to tell them who they were?

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I posted my edited stats in my original post, because no Amnesia, and also I realized that I forgot to take Piloting at all.
    My two days off begin tomorrow, I'm going to try and track down some Cthulhutech+supplements in my city. Fingers crossed!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Okay, I should have checked the Cthulhutech website before talking about ordering the books. I will now move on to Plan B: get on my knees and beg the hobby shop owner to special order for me.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm still working on the stats, just to let you know there is still interest. Are you still leaning toward running two game groups, premier?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sorry there has been little activity. I just started a new job this week, so I've been kind of busy. This is definitely going to continue on as long as you guys are interested.

Out of curiosity, are any of you coming to PAX?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I will not be at PAX, unfortunately.

It's good to hear that this game has not fallen by the wayside, though! I'm totally pumped for this.

And how's the new job? Is it going to consume your life, or is it a good job?

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rainfall wrote: »
    I will not be at PAX, unfortunately.

It's good to hear that this game has not fallen by the wayside, though! I'm totally pumped for this.

And how's the new job? Is it going to consume your life, or is it a good job?

It's a good job, but it has the potential to consume my life in a good way. ;) Although, they seem to be pretty good about not asking people to put in extra hours. I've been putting in some extra time so I can go to PAX without blowing all of my vacation time before I've even finished a month. ;)

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Powerslave wrote: »
    So I've gotten the sudden itch to reconsider my character as an Intelligence Agent. Just how amnesiac are our characters going to be, how recent will they have been afflicted by memory loss, and will they have records on hand to tell them who they were?

When the first session starts, the characters will have just awoken without any of their memories. There will be records on hand that tells them who they are, but they won't know what happened to them in the past month.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Okay. It looks like we have six people. Four are primarily interested in small characters and two are interested in large characters. Ideally, we'd run two groups of three each, but if everyone is really attached to their primary idea, 4 and 2 is also good.

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We obviously need one more person to make a mech character.

Regarding start dates, is there any chance of this getting started before the end of the month? I must admit to being totally pumped for this game.

Rainfall on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sadly, I do not think so. I have to get some work done before I leave for PAX and then I'll be gone until the 1st. But, I promise you we'll start the week of September 1st. Everyone cool with that?

Premier kakos on
  • Options
    PowerslavePowerslave Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was hoping to get my hands on the (re)print of Vade Mecum before we started, but I can have a character ready by then.

Powerslave on
    "Never trust anyone who spells 'magic' with a K."
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sounds good to me.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll be able to participate by board, but I am traveling that week, so it's unlikely I'll be able to make the live session.

Silas Brown on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sounds good to me.

Rainfall on