Options

So, hows it going?

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    thorgot wrote: »
    None of the other forums have cliques? Are you fucking serious? Are you so blind by your bias that you don't realise you're saying this coming from the biggest clique in the entire Penny-Arcade forums? I defy you to come up with some actual proof that G&T is a "disruptive" clique, or even a chat forum. What the fuck? Several SE++ posters came into the chat thread and say we should just lurk for awhile and get used to it, isn't that just a teensy bit of a clique mentality?

You're not putting G&T back on track, because it's not off the track. This is a disgusting act, and I'm so disappointed to see G&T go out at the hands of people completely out of touch with G&T as a community (or people that aren't even part of the community, like YOU) that feel the need to fix it when not a fucking thing is broken.

Wh... huh?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    But seriously you should read this thread from start to finish. It's like a novel.
    None of the other forums have cliques? Are you fucking serious? Are you so blind by your bias that you don't realise you're saying this coming from the biggest clique in the entire Penny-Arcade forums? I defy you to come up with some actual proof that G&T is a "disruptive" clique, or even a chat forum. What the fuck? Several SE++ posters came into the chat thread and say we should just lurk for awhile and get used to it, isn't that just a teensy bit of a clique mentality?

You're not putting G&T back on track, because it's not off the track. This is a disgusting act, and I'm so disappointed to see G&T go out at the hands of people completely out of touch with G&T as a community (or people that aren't even part of the community, like YOU) that feel the need to fix it when not a fucking thing is broken.

Wh... huh?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=264336&postcount=1823

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Welcome to the internet.

It's going well on my end.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    PmoneyPmoney Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Weeewwoooooweeeewoooo where did this come from?

Pmoney on
    Steam : Pmoney
    360 : ThePmoney
    Battle.net: Pmoney.thereal
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Well now that came out of left field.

Accualt on
  • Options
    OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pmoney wrote: »
    XNA studio? Romans vs Zombie games? Or lack thereof?

XNA game studio needs to fucking improve its Windows compatibility. I love that you can develop for the 360 but I want to be able to distribute games on Windows without adding 3 extra installations amounting to ~100mb and 20 minutes. Please just put this shit in the all future service packs, thanks.

In my dream world I'd also like it if they gave us the option to draw 2D stuff using GDI or whatever so people don't have to have Hardware DX9c on their video cards to play the game.

OremLK on
    My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Accualt wrote: »
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Well, I have this rash...

Where is your rash located?

<_<

My bathing suit area.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Pmoney wrote: »

Weeewwoooooweeeewoooo where did this come from?

His clipboard.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We had a perfectly lovely thread and then drama.

Accualt on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    But seriously you should read this thread from start to finish. It's like a novel.

Yeah, except a novel from two years ago might actually be worth reading.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah... one thread is kind of off-topic. I don't think it spells the downfall of the PA forums.

There goes any chance of me ever becoming a mod! Har har!

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Just had In-N-Out and I got most of my work done for the day. Sort of killing time until the next meeting.

I tend to just ignore and forget the G&T chat thread drama. Some people are more passionate about it than others. Totally not worth the time.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited August 2008

<_<

My bathing suit area.

You should have that looked at.

Would you like that looked at?

I could be persuaded to look.

Accualt on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We had a perfectly lovely thread and then drama.

<3

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fortunately I think I joined just at the end of that chat thread silliness.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I just got in contact with the roommate I'm moving in with next week. He's from Jersey City, I'm from a rural suburb of Louisville. He's Jewish, I'm Christian. This whole thing is just a sit-com waiting to happen!

It's even better if one of you is a liberal and the other a staunch Republican.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Fortunately I think I joined just at the end of that chat thread silliness.

Same. Which is why it's so amusing.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Gyral wrote: »
    I just got in contact with the roommate I'm moving in with next week. He's from Jersey City, I'm from a rural suburb of Louisville. He's Jewish, I'm Christian. This whole thing is just a sit-com waiting to happen!

Ideally, one of them will have an adopted black child.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Arikado wrote: »
    Just had In-N-Out and I got most of my work done for the day. Sort of killing time until the next meeting.

I tend to just ignore and forget the G&T chat thread drama. Some people are more passionate about it than others. Totally not worth the time.

Agreed.

Also, I'm doing pretty good. I have to call the campus police dept. to get some quotes for a story I'm doing for the school paper. Except I'm lazy, so I keep trying to put it off.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Gyral wrote: »

I would not use the word "staunch" but I am by no means especially liberal and he is.

We'll make millions.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

<_<

My bathing suit area.

Your avatar made me smile.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    fadingathedgesfadingathedges Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's going OK. I got in a car wreck this morning - I was hit by a Pepsi delivery truck. He was cited though, so I shouldn't have to pay anything. Driver side of my car is fuckall though. The mirror is gone, hopefully I can get into a rental quickly.

Did he at least give you some delicious, refreshing Pepsi?

Nope ;P

fadingathedges on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Geez, I have some hairy nipples.

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    wyrlsswyrlss Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Arikado wrote: »

Agreed.

Also, I'm doing pretty good. I have to call the campus police dept. to get some quotes for a story I'm doing for the school paper. Except I'm lazy, so I keep trying to put it off.

Put a stick between the spokes of a campus bike cop. You'll get plenty of quotes then.

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It's going OK. I got in a car wreck this morning - I was hit by a Pepsi delivery truck. He was cited though, so I shouldn't have to pay anything. Driver side of my car is fuckall though. The mirror is gone, hopefully I can get into a rental quickly.

Did he at least give you some delicious, refreshing Pepsi?

Nope ;P

Well then you know who to call.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So the meat of my question is how are things in G&T?

What do you like, not like? What would you like to see done differently? On a scale of 9 to 10 what would you rate the G&T mods compared to the other forums? What makes you most angry? Do you actually LIKE poll threads? How terribly do you think this thread will end?

Please no talk about the chat thread because, jesus christ, get over it.

Accualt on
  • Options
    etoychestetoychest Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm preparing to move out to Portland, OR. Just found an apartment and am anxious to get the move over with. Also FInishing up my Disgaea 3 review. I also like pie.

etoychest on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    not so good I'm hung-over at work and feel all pukey

some moron down the aisle is laughing like a goon and I want to punch his stupid face off

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2008

Wh... huh?

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showpost.php?p=264336&postcount=1823
    Aroduc wrote:
    Syrion wrote:
    Aroduc,

Secret techniques degenerates into the weather salt before his nearer mark. The graphical promise assumes secret techniques opposite an additional anomaly. Secret techniques smokes without the innovative bush. Secret techniques delights the opus with its routed wheel. Behind secret techniques recovers the garbage. A union dusts markov underneath this stationary turntable.
    Anime takes hentai on top of the infinite bugger. Anime concedes the insight beneath a tool. Hentai shells the incorporated gun. Hentai progresses in anime. Will the connecting event fume next to anime?

What the shit was I going on about back then?

Aroduc on
  • Options
    wyrlsswyrlss Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

What do you like, not like? What would you like to see done differently? On a scale of 9 to 10 what would you rate the G&T mods compared to the other forums? What makes you most angry? Do you actually LIKE poll threads? How terribly do you think this thread will end?

The only thing that stuck out for me about mods was when that canadian fellow said he was going to permaban somebody, and he got infracted because he is not a mod, and I laughed heartily. I think you guys do a good job, except that sometimes a thread gets locked and I'm not sure exactly why, which rule was broked.

wyrlss on
    K9Violator.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm gonna go deposit a check so it's going great for me.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Actually, G&T is really the only place I hang out at on the PA forums, and I keep my post count pretty low. It reminds me of the Something Awful forums on a smaller scale (a good thing). The only thing that bothers me a little bit is that I'm not sure how thread necromancy is handled. For instance, I just beat I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game and thought it would be nice to talk to others about it, but there's already a thread that's pretty old and had about 6 responses, most of which were along the lines of "JESUS THIS GAME IS HARD I'M GOING TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE NOW". So does that warrant a new thread, resurrection of the previous thread, or neither?

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    wyrlss wrote: »

The only thing that stuck out for me about mods was when that canadian fellow said he was going to permaban somebody, and he got infracted because he is not a mod, and I laughed heartily. I think you guys do a good job, except that sometimes a thread gets locked and I'm not sure exactly why, which rule was broked.

So better communication.

CHECK

Accualt on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

There's some great folks around here and when they get together there's some interesting conversations to be had, but on the other hand it seems to attract lots and lots of stupid people too. The mods do everything that I'd expect them to do, and I think they do a good job of trying to curb the stupidity.

I've never really known how broad of a term "poll thread" is. Threads where everyone pops in says like one word and leaves are stupid and we really don't need to have them, but if there's some way to make it so that people actually have to discuss and defend their decisions I think they can work out okay. I can see where it would be hard to insure that that's the case though.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I know this is a lot of work for you, but the infraction log is always great for a laugh, even when it's just for something mundane. I wish you would post to it more often.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    AroducAroduc regular
    edited August 2008
    etoychest wrote: »
    I'm preparing to move out to Portland, OR. Just found an apartment and am anxious to get the move over with. Also FInishing up my Disgaea 3 review. I also like pie.

You should call me so I can snub you with my disaffected Oregon ennui.

Also, go visit the 24 Hour Church of Elvis.

Oh, and last week, my dad and aunt apparently went on a 5 day wine tour led by Lynne Rossetto Kasper. So you missed being drunk with my father and an NPR SUPERSTAR.

Aroduc on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Actually, G&T is really the only place I hang out at on the PA forums, and I keep my post count pretty low. It reminds me of the Something Awful forums on a smaller scale (a good thing). The only thing that bothers me a little bit is that I'm not sure how thread necromancy is handled. For instance, I just beat I Wanna Be The Guy: The Movie: The Game and thought it would be nice to talk to others about it, but there's already a thread that's pretty old and had about 6 responses, most of which were along the lines of "JESUS THIS GAME IS HARD I'M GOING TO PLAY SOMETHING ELSE NOW". So does that warrant a new thread, resurrection of the previous thread, or neither?

If it only had six posts you are probably better off creating your own new thread with an OP that may actually interest someone.

There isn't a hard and fast rule with necro threads, just use your best judgement.

Accualt on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Things are going fine.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Eh...I waste enough time in G&T and some of the other forums. I don't want to recommend stuff that would otherwise add to my time-wasting. Poll threads I can do without. "Your favorite..." or "The Best..." lists need to die. It turned me off from all those pop sites like Digg and MySpace to see all these top X lists just to stir a discussion that goes nowhere. The threads that piss me off end up being spam/sitewhore threads that end up getting shot down anyway, so there ya go.

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I know this is a lot of work for you, but the infraction log is always great for a laugh, even when it's just for something mundane. I wish you would post to it more often.

To be honest it very rarely contains anything funny.

Accualt on
This discussion has been closed.