As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E - IC] zephyr : "[Game Activity Related Tagline Here]"

1818283848587»

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    "Ah...I see. Well, we best be clear of the place when it goes 'Boom' then."

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited April 2013
    The Party
    Leveche, Hell's Maw (Huxby's Base, ??)
    Post Merkaban-Highborne War. Ceasefire Day 28

Mari purses her lips and nods. The last time they set off one of those Wonders they blew up an island. Even though The Voice assured you all that it was a miscalculation that caused such an event, the cleric couldn't help but shake the sense of foreboding about this the affair. This mission had to be done, there was no room for doubt.

Shaking off the feelings she watches the others as they move along. The dragonborn seemed to be having a far easier time of carrying the weapon than Ousaniel, who now took up a position along the side. Keegan, driven by his insatiable curiousity pressed the front, with Finn and Endaren following a bit behind. Eron's mind seemed to be lost in awe over the sheer complexity of the structure. There had to be some way of getting to the next area. But what would lie in wait there?

The answer to her question would have to wait, as Keegan stops moving...

Keegan

Up ahead, you notice there is a larger clearing with buildings. The architecture appears to be Highborne in nature, and the layout resembles a small town.

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Keegan gives the "red-furred badger spies a roasted duck in the window, but chooses to ignore it in favor of an afternoon nap" signal to his comrades, trusting that they will correctly interpret it as "I've spotting some buildings up ahead, I'm going to check them out."

He then sneaks up to the probably-a-testing-ground-for-horrible-monsters-or-bombs-or-monster-bombs and takes a good look around. Or at least a look around, if not a good one.
    Stealth: 1d20+16 35 to be sneaky when looking around

Perception: 1d20+10 19 to see if I can identify any signs of habitation, obvious traps, or horrible monster-bombs.

• Options
    Keegan

Keegan sticks close to the treeline, using his small size to his advantage as he approaches the clearing. The buildings were arranged in the usual courtyard manner, the intent to provide the occupants from the high winds that would be found in the Lands Above. The windows first two floors of the buildings you can see are intact, however some of the third story windows are broken.

The gates that would lead into the courtyard lay partially open. Unfortunately, there is no cover from the forested area to the entrance.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited May 2013
    Eron hangs back just inside the treeline and scans the town and clearing with senses both arcane and natural. Surprisingly he has more trouble with his magical surveying. He shrugs and chalks it up to interference from the spatial anomaly.
    Perception, Arcana: 1d20+11 28 1d20+17 23

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    The Party

A general idea of the compound before you:
    zephquicktown1.jpg

Eron

Eron looks over the buildings and doesn't see much out of the ordinary here. Then he notices that a few of the broken windows don't have glass on the ground. Either someone went and cleaned the glass up, or the windows were broken from the outside. Given the extreme mobility creatures that you'd fought earlier, you have an idea of what may have happened.

There isn't much arcane energy to speak of in the area that you can detect.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Eron catches Keegan's eye and points to the glass and the window, and signals "The badger burrows under the tree." He edges a little closer to the compound, hoping to not get a nasty surprise.

geth roll 1d20+7 for stealthy wizard

stealthy wizard:
    1d20+7 14 [1d20=7]

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    Keegan snaps out of the daze he was in. "Forgot that I was here for a bit," he mumbles under his breath, then heads for a high window.
    Stealth;Acrobatics: 1d20+16 30 1d20+19 30

• Options
    AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    "I'll be right here, yell if you need me." Endaren stays back, but not so far that he won't be able to help if things go awry.

• Options
    Keegan, Eron

And so the wizard and rogue advance toward the compound, Keegan using the lumbering Wizard to mask his approach. On the plus side, Eron wasn't making that much noise, and at a distance it would only seem like he was advancing. Of course, that meant he'd be the first one to be struck by the magic missile fireball jiggler.

Some tense seconds later the duo arrives at the wall of the compound, right between two of the windows. Up close it's easy to notice signs of a long cycle of damage and repair being made to the building. In some places there are still claw marks and indentations suggestive of small arms fire. Between the adjacent set of windows there is evidence of repairs from something large plowing through the walls of the structure.

Left to his own devices Huxby had been a very busy evil arch wizard. Their inspection of the wall is interrupted by the faint sound of something shuffling inside the room they were near. Was it explosions?