As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Can you rent Segways in Seatle?

2»

• BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Recruit wrote:
    I think we could make this a 5-10 part competition. Pirates vs. Ninjas, and it would be glorious. Dancing, Nerf Battle/Capture the Flag, Pie Eating Contest, Costume Competition, Pogo Races, Trash Talking Contest, and so on, if anyone seconds this idea, say so, also, add other contests/events we could do.

I'm so down baby.... This will rock.

However a few of our roommates are ninjas, and must be destroyed, but its only out of love. We shall give them a burial at sea to redeem their poor souls.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Recruit wrote:
    I think we could make this a 5-10 part competition. Pirates vs. Ninjas, and it would be glorious. Dancing, Nerf Battle/Capture the Flag, Pie Eating Contest, Costume Competition, Pogo Races, Trash Talking Contest, and so on, if anyone seconds this idea, say so, also, add other contests/events we could do.

However a few of our roommates are ninjas, and must be destroyed, but its only out of love. We shall give them a burial at sea to redeem their poor souls.

Oh, by the way I ain't no pirate.

Highfire on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Highfire wrote:
    Recruit wrote:

I may have to play a double agent here and come as the legendary, and feared, Pinja.

Officer on
  • BrokenAngelBrokenAngel Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Highfire wrote:

It's okay, we forgive you ^.^
    Recruit wrote:
    I may have to play a double agent here and come as the legendary, and feared, Pinja.

You will be slaughtered by both sides! No one likes a traitor.

BrokenAngel on
    k9mk2carn.pngeleventhdoc2carn.png *Proud Head Girl of Slytherin & Team Red*
  • WazWaz Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Highfire wrote:

But... Pirates are so much cooler! We have wenches! Don't tell me you don't like the idea of wenches.

Waz on
  • PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    August 2007.

Pirates are going down.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
    edited September 2006
    Waz wrote:
    Highfire wrote:

But... Pirates are so much cooler! We have wenches! Don't tell me you don't like the idea of wenches.

Pirates just drink and kill everything. When a ninja kills, it pin point.

Highfire on
  • WazWaz Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Highfire wrote:

At least pirates are having fun. There's nothing wrong with a little hedonism. Ninjas take everything far too seriously.

Waz on
    edited September 2006
    Waz wrote:
    Highfire wrote:

At least pirates are having fun. There's nothing wrong with a little hedonism. Ninjas take everything far too seriously.

Not true, we play mind games to fuck with the mark. It's very claming.

Highfire on
  • OfficerOfficer Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Highfire wrote:
    Waz wrote:
    Highfire wrote:

Not true, we play mind games to fuck with the mark. It's very claming.

Don't dispute ninja killing technique and pirate marauding technique. It's like comparing sandwiches to barrels. They are two different beasts.

Oh, I've decided to remove myself from this competition and volunteer to help judge and run this, if indeed it becomes reality. It would be better for the Pinja to judge you all, as I'm superior.

Officer on
  • gates_apcogates_apco Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Segway jousting outside PAX at 2 in the morning: Brilliant.

Now that sounds like fun!

gates_apco on
  • NeelixNeelix Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Segway inside PAX: Bad idea. Too many people, lots of potential crushed toes, not enough room, and they're not that manueverable anyways.

*cough* Bullshit *cough*

Neelix on
  • Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Neelix wrote:
    Segway inside PAX: Bad idea. Too many people, lots of potential crushed toes, not enough room, and they're not that manueverable anyways.

*cough* Bullshit *cough*

Exactly. I think since there will definitely be some one there in a motorized wheelchair I should be able to ride a segway.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • NeelixNeelix Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Neelix wrote:

*cough* Bullshit *cough*

Exactly. I think since there will definitely be some one there in a motorized wheelchair I should be able to ride a segway.

I own a Segway so I know what I'm talking about here.

The Segway would do absolutely fine in dense crowds like that. It takes up only a tiny more room than an average person, and, indeed, there are some fat people who take up more space than the Segway. It is completely maneuverable, can turn in place, it would be fine.

That being said, unless you have some kind of mobility issue that prevents you from walking long distances, I wouldn't recommend Segway usage like that. I've been in super dense crowds like that, and the only difference the Segway makes is that you're a head above everyone else. You can still only move just as fast as everyone else, so there's really no advantage, excepting of course if you have a mobility problem.

Now, if you were, say, staying in a hotel a couple miles away from the convention hall, and didn't want to rent a car or take a cab or whatever, the Segway would be great for getting to and fro. Just jump on, cruise over, park it somewhere safe, hang out at PAX, then jump back on and cruise back to your hotel. The issue here is price. But, hey, if you're looking to have some fun, it might be worth it to you.

I've dealt with GlideUSA before, and they're good people.

Contrary to popular belief, the Segway is actually really, really practical. I've actually saved money over the three years or so that I've had mine, because I use my car a LOT less.

Plus they are a lot of fun!

Neelix on
  • CrapfestivalCrapfestival Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Neelix wrote:

*cough* Bullshit *cough*

Well, yeah, as already said, if you require the Segway to get around, or you've some debilitating leg or back problem, then by all means rent it.

I'm seriously doubting anyone in a mechanical wheelchair is doing it for the sake of convenience, though.

Crapfestival on
    edited September 2006
    Neelix wrote:

*cough* Bullshit *cough*

Well, yeah, as already said, if you require the Segway to get around, or you've some debilitating leg or back problem, then by all means rent it.

I'm seriously doubting anyone in a mechanical wheelchair is doing it for the sake of convenience, though.

Maybe, unless there lazy.

Highfire on
This discussion has been closed.