As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Sims 2 hates me.

Apathetics AnonymousApathetics Anonymous Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
I just picked up The Sims 2 Double Deluxe only to find the serial number emblazoned boldly across the back of the manual doesn't work. At all. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a less troublesome solution than trekking back to the store (preferably one that doesn't involve 'acquiring' a new code through nefarious means)?

Apathetics Anonymous on

• rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Call the tech support people.
    Sometimes they help, sometimes they tell you to go back to the store. Either way its a start.

Is it nefarious if you paid for it? I could see it being bad if you were stealing a CD key, but you did pay for it so you are technically entitled to a key.

rfalias on
  • Apathetics AnonymousApathetics Anonymous Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    rfalias wrote: »

Is it nefarious if you paid for it? I could see it being bad if you were stealing a CD key, but you did pay for it so you are technically entitled to a key.

A good point, which raises the obvious next question: If it's not nefarious, does anyone fancy giving me a key?

Also, thanks for the prompt response.

Apathetics Anonymous on
  • rfaliasrfalias Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    There are locations out there on the interwebs. I'm sure its not a good idea to post them on the board though. If you want AIM me (Same UN as the board name [Not on until after 4pm est though]).

But if you prefer the legit method, try tech support they frequently can help out.

rfalias on
  • Apathetics AnonymousApathetics Anonymous Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fair enough, I'll give them a bell. Thanks again.

Apathetics Anonymous on