As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Any good carpools from Portland to Seattle and back?

HaikufrenzyHaikufrenzy Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in PAX Archive
Alright so since my car won't be repaired in time, and the train tickets from Portland to Seattle are now officially crazy expensive. So if they're any group looking to carpool from Portland and willing to pick me up to and fro I'd be eternally grateful.

I can put in around 40 or 50 bucks for gas or what have you.

RazorbackKing.png
Haikufrenzy on

• Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Alright so since my car won't be repaired in time, and the train tickets from Portland to Seattle are now officially crazy expensive. So if they're any group looking to carpool from Portland and willing to pick me up to and fro I'd be eternally grateful.

I can put in around 40 or 50 bucks for gas or what have you.

uh, have you checked the prices of amtrak?

because

http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Amtrak/am2Copy/Hot_Deals_Page&c=am2Copy&cid=1178294167378&ssid=224

Flights are expensive now. But the train, not so much.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well I was referring more to the WCTT, which is now 85 bucks to get the tickets for...

I mean I wouldn't have a problem just taking some other train... but it just doesn't feel the same. So I wanted to check my options first.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    Doc HollidayDoc Holliday Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well I was referring more to the WCTT, which is now 85 bucks to get the tickets for...

I mean I wouldn't have a problem just taking some other train... but it just doesn't feel the same. So I wanted to check my options first.

My wife and I training it up with a couple of friends. I forget which one we're on-- Thursday afternoonish I think.

Doc Holliday on
    PSN & Live: buckwilson
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Did you click the link? I mean seriously. You won't find a cheaper way to get there and back. I'm surprised the starlight is that much more now but thats the way it goes.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Did you click the link? I mean seriously. You won't find a cheaper way to get there and back. I'm surprised the starlight is that much more now but thats the way it goes.

Yeah I know for sure now that when I go if no one takes me up on that offer for a spot in the carpool, then I'll take whatever train is open at a good price.

BTW Doc let me know what train you guys are taking... I'd hate to take a train and not know anyone else on it going to PAX.

Haikufrenzy on
    RazorbackKing.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ya, wow. This is the first time I've seen amtrak raise their prices before PAX. It has to be fuel costs now.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    starlitestarlite Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yeah I know for sure now that when I go if no one takes me up on that offer for a spot in the carpool, then I'll take whatever train is open at a good price.

BTW Doc let me know what train you guys are taking... I'd hate to take a train and not know anyone else on it going to PAX.

Doc and I are joining the WCTT in Portland, the Starlight leaving at 4:20 on Thursday. The Cascades is faster and cheaper and will probably be on time, but it's not the paxtrain. Maybe you can find an internet code or call them and see what kinda deal you can get.

starlite on
  • Options
    beta_angelbeta_angel ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Any Portlanders willing to pick up a bottle of booze for me? I'll gladly pay you Friday or Saturday. :D

beta_angel on
    UEAKCrash wrote:
    BETA IS FUCKING CREDIT TO TEAM.
    EvilBadman wrote:
    Beta_Angel is awesome. Never doubt this.
    TF2 Hatpack
This discussion has been closed.