Options

Dowry's all paid up, looks like I'll be a woman soon!

• Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    NotACrook wrote: »
    Leli, didn't we talk about the disneyland proposal once?

Ooh shit, yeah it was her. Man that post terrified me.

I don't think I've ever said how I wanted to be proposed to, have I? I don't even know how I wanna be proposed to. Although, I do know that I would most definitely love to get married at Disneyland, so that part isn't questionable.

Leli on
  • Options
    big lbig l Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    So I wanna do something really romantic for my girlfriend before she moves to georgia for school

Help me come with something of hugh grant calibre charm

Put it in her butt. Deep. No warning. It'll get her prepared for Georgia.

Also, tell her to watch out for Russians.

big l on
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    big l wrote: »
    So I wanna do something really romantic for my girlfriend before she moves to georgia for school

Put it in her butt. Deep. No warning. It'll get her prepared for Georgia.

Also, tell her to watch out for Russians.

Gosh, you're so creative, these gags came right out of left field

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FAQ wrote: »
    elaborate treasure map with riddles written in pirate talk and everything, with a ring at the end

'cept I don't have a girlfriennddd

Saving this one for some day

The ring will be hidden in a nest of gummy worms

Straightzi on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

I am seriously all teared up

Damn you for poking my hidden romantic side

Usagi on
  • Options
    NotASenatorNotASenator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm kind of surprised that people haven't seen that.

NotASenator on
  • Options
    LeliLeli __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Leli on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tynxcopy.png

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Usagi wrote: »

I am seriously all teared up

Damn you for poking my hidden romantic side

it's my mutant ability

the secondary mutation involves the Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I saw the shapes in that one that CD posted and knew exactly what was going to happen.

Still pretty cool.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Picnick. It is classy, simple and works all the time. Unless it rains... but honestly, that could make it more romantic.

RE: The Treasure Map/Scavenger Hunt

I did this. It scored me points even though some assholes took two of the clues. She was smart enough to know where she was heading though. Anything that seems like you put some thought in to it works like a charm unless you have one of those women who are hard to impress. Then they are high maintenance and you are better off getting a dog.

GRMike on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I would want to marry the kind of girl who I could propose to at a monster truck rally, or perhaps a destruction derby.

Bonus points if she's already pregnant with what may or may not be my child.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    thorpethorpe Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Houk wrote: »
    I would want to marry the kind of girl who I could propose to at a monster truck rally, or perhaps a destruction derby.

Bonus points if she's already pregnant with what may or may not be my child.

Aiming high.

thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Have all the cars that Gravedigger drive over have letters spelling everything out.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Veretas wrote: »
    Tynxcopy.png

DO NOT WANT

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Have all the cars that Gravedigger drive over have letters spelling everything out.
    I'm not gonna lie. I got this idea while reading about Rank's near-miss with the monster truck and the talk about trucks at weddings.

Get my bitch in the back of a monster truck, and while we're up there doing sweet jumps, I pop the question. She says yes, we land on some cars, and flames shoot out of everywhere.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm not gonna lie. I got this idea while reading about Rank's near-miss with the monster truck and the talk about trucks at weddings.

Get my bitch in the back of a monster truck, and while we're up there doing sweet jumps, I pop the question. She says yes, we land on some cars, and flames shoot out of everywhere.
    You should do it while strapped in the bed of the monster truck.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

You should do it while being jumped by a monster truck.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    denihilistdenihilist Ancient and Mighty Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    Hey everyone! Because you know and I know that you want to know every insignificant facet of my amazing and incredible life, here's some great news about your favorite* forumer**

I'm getting married! To a girl! With boobs and everything!

The romantic story of our engagement is as follows:

I went shopping with my mom, who is pretty much the most fantastic woman on the planet and we picked out a ring. My mom knows and adores my girlfriend, so she wanted to make sure I was going to make a proper story out of things.

"She's been incredibly patient to stay with you this long, don't fuck it up" she said, bolstering my already untameable confidence.

So I got home, sat on the couch, and waited. Like a Lioness waits for the mighty Canadian Moose to lower its guard.

She got home, I had forgotten what I was doing and was watching tv and drinking on the couch. I was no longer wearing pants.

Things went normally, she greeted me, and made a sandwich. I didn't get one.

Undaunted, I snuck to the kitchen as she went to the bathroom and hid the ring under some mouldy bread that she'd left out, deciding it unfit to be part of the sandwich she'd made. I took half, to signify our shared lives together after this day.

She got back, I'd made it back to the couch so she'd not noticed I had moved.

"The kitchen is really gross, what's with all this old ass bread on the counter??" I asked

"Shut up, I'm cleaning it"

She cleaned the counter. Any minute now.

I sat and waited.

No response.

I got up and looked around...

She'd thrown the ring in the garbage.

Thinking quickly, I fished it out and put it under the old lettuce she'd left out from the sandwich. No way the same thing could fail twice!

"What the fuck is this?" she asked. Success.

"What the fuck is what?" I replied

"What the fuck is this?" The ring was in my face now. Clearly she'd discovered it.

"Oh that. I thought we should get this down on paper in case you try and take my couch or something."

And now we have a place, music, photographer, food and booze to get married with next June.

THE END.

*maybe top 100

**members with "Jesus" in their name. Spelled correctly.

tl;dr
    fuck-off-smokers.jpg

Awesome. Couldn't happen to a better personality construct.

denihilist on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I swear the amount of people who want to hide the ring somewhere and oh boy what a surprise the bride to be throws it out or it gets lost or stolen or whatever.

I wish men would just man up and do the on one knee regular style for once. It is tried and tested.

Under mouldy bread? Really.

Also, congratulations. You recovered with a pretty damn decent line.
    I agree with this up until the one knee regular style.

Fuck that shit, it's embarrassing to see a man on his knee(s).

Congratulations baby eating jesus! I hope you have a very happy engagement. :)

Janson on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    wow

just wow

this show right here is a screaming greco roman clusterfuck

fucking wow

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    wha-?

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the news that we are doing now started out HORRIBLY

i mean it was a fucking pain to be a part of

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Things went normally, she greeted me, and made a sandwich. I didn't get one.

She'd thrown the ring in the garbage.

"What the fuck is this?" The ring was in my face now. Clearly she'd discovered it.

charming...

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Blaket wrote: »
    I know a dude that secretly arranged time off work for his now fiance showed up at her work in a chauffeured car then flew her to Bali to propose, because that's where they met.

Everyone guy he knows now hates him.
    Haha, I bet!

Heard another where a guy told his girlfriend to pack for a camping trip in North England. Then he said 'whoops here we are at the airport - oh right, we're flying to New York instead. And I know you packed camping clothes, but don't worry, here's £5,000 to spend on designer clothes shopping.'

Then proposed in mid-air. Bet he's equally hated by her friends' boyfriends!

Janson on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so basically because of this little member between my legs I'm never going to get a 5 grand expenses paid shopping trip to new york

what

a

crock

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Janson wrote: »
    Blaket wrote: »
    I know a dude that secretly arranged time off work for his now fiance showed up at her work in a chauffeured car then flew her to Bali to propose, because that's where they met.

Everyone guy he knows now hates him.
    Haha, I bet!

Heard another where a guy told his girlfriend to pack for a camping trip in North England. Then he said 'whoops here we are at the airport - oh right, we're flying to New York instead. And I know you packed camping clothes, but don't worry, here's £5,000 to spend on designer clothes shopping.'

Then proposed in mid-air. Bet he's equally hated by her friends' boyfriends!

Those are the kinds of marriages where seven years later the wife goes "you're not the man i married seven years ago!"

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    why would a guy hate on another guy just cause he has the imagination and the means to do something cool for his special ladyfriend?

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    why would a guy hate on another guy just cause he has the imagination and the means to do something cool for his special ladyfriend?

it sucks when dudes who aren't you set the bar so financially far out of reach that you can't possibly meet a girl's expectations

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    well why would you get involved with a girl who isnt happy if you dont drop 5 grand and flights to bali on her

if your girl isnt happy with you, as long as you are giving her the best youve got, find another girl

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    mrpaku wrote: »

it sucks when dudes who aren't you set the bar so financially far out of reach that you can't possibly meet a girl's expectations

I would rather not want to get married to a woman who expects me to match or outdo some other dude's proposal just on the basis of "she got this, so I should get at least just as much!"

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    see?

isk knows the score

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Because her friends may expect something similar from their boyfriends, thus piling pressure on them?
    FAQ wrote: »
    so basically because of this little member between my legs I'm never going to get a 5 grand expenses paid shopping trip to new york

what

a

crock
    Yup. It's not fair, but there you go. :(

Janson on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    see?

isk knows the score
    Yes, and I agree

Except, there are far too many men who are oblivious to this kind of treatment, or feel that their girlfriend is pretty/popular/ditzy enough to be worth it

Janson on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    i certainly wouldn't marry a girl who would expect me to drop ten large on her as an engagement present

it still sucks when your engagement story falls behind the guy who air-dropped elephants carrying gold and silk into her new swimming pool

mrpaku on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Because her friends may expect something similar from their boyfriends, thus piling pressure on them?

why would you define your personal relationship by what your gold digging ass friends think?

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    see?

isk knows the score
    Yes, and I agree

Except, there are far too many men who are oblivious to this kind of treatment, or feel that their girlfriend is pretty/popular/ditzy enough to be worth it

well those guys are retarded

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Girl.....

You'll be a woman...

soon

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Meh, proposals, weddings - they don't even last one day in someone's life.

I'm not having a professional wedding photographer because I probably won't want to look at wedding photos, my parents don't have any and I never wished to see theirs, and ditto for my relatives.

Yet apparently some people do go around and compare/swap wedding albums and ask to see wedding photos so *shrug* I guess some people do do the same with engagement stories.

CL - yes, they are, and yet, they're not necessarily retarded. I mean, I know some girls who are utterly sweet and would probably say yes to any kind of proposal but would still wish for something bigger. Maybe their girlfriends would be like that, and they'd be disappointed?

Janson on