Options

Dowry's all paid up, looks like I'll be a woman soon!

1235»

• Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    man i know im lucky

a great night for me and my lady when we were dating was going to blockbuster and cooking dinner out of leftovers from dinners at our parents houses earlier in the week

in my tiny ass apartment on my tiny ass television

we didnt have jack shit but we busted our asses to show that we loved each other

could i give her a billion dollar ring and pet cheetah to ride around our mansion? no.

but i sure as fuck could let her have the last piece of pizza

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    when are you moving to the US Janson

I'm sure you answer this all the time

FAQ on
  • Options
    mrpakumrpaku Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    could i give her a billion dollar ring and pet cheetah to ride around our mansion? no.

you date better women than i do!

don't fuck it up

mrpaku on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    FAQ wrote: »
    when are you moving to the US Janson

I'm sure you answer this all the time
    Probably middle to end of November.

I really don't know when to buy plane tickets. They're pretty pricey right now, but do I take a chance and wait until the last minute in case they go down?

I've cancelled subscriptions and memberships already, and I finish work here in 3 weeks, and then I'm moving back in with my parents and will be hopefully temping so I can be flexible with when I fly. I hope I find temp work; I reaaaaally need it!

Janson on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    mrpaku wrote: »

don't fuck it up

thats why i married her homey

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    oh not till November, I thought it was like next week or something

good luck with your temping search

FAQ on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

don't fuck it up
    Where do you find women like that mrpaku

Janson on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Janson wrote: »

don't fuck it up

the story of how we got together is so fucking conveluded and strange

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I could fly out next week*

Sadly money and wedding issues are forcing me to be more realistic

*aaaaaaaagh sodding visa still hasn't arrived! I hope it does before Friday, because I'm hoping to go away this weekend!

Janson on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

don't fuck it up

ugh, if i knew the answer to that, i'd stop going to those places

mrpaku on
  • Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

don't fuck it up

the story of how we got together is so fucking conveluded and strange

Then this would seem like an optimal place to do so! (Unless you've done it like 50 times already.)

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

don't fuck it up

ugh, if i knew the answer to that, i'd stop going to those places
    haha, touché

Janson on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

*aaaaaaaagh sodding visa still hasn't arrived! I hope it does before Friday, because I'm hoping to go away this weekend!

if you guys didnt have a date set, would you still have to be married by a certain time before you get in trouble?

like is there a time limit how long you can be here and not marry mori?

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    man i know im lucky

a great night for me and my lady when we were dating was going to blockbuster and cooking dinner out of leftovers from dinners at our parents houses earlier in the week

in my tiny ass apartment on my tiny ass television

we didnt have jack shit but we busted our asses to show that we loved each other

Getto Ro-mance, boyeeeee

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

if you guys didnt have a date set, would you still have to be married by a certain time before you get in trouble?

Yup, 90 days.

If you marry after those 90 days, you're actually really screwed. I'd have to go back to the UK and start all over again but with a marriage visa - and that's if I'm not banned for an overstay.

You're also screwed if you marry within 90 days, then leave without adjusting status (i.e. getting the green card). You wouldn't encounter a ban - technically I don't believe you HAVE to adjust status; if you can't afford to adjust status right away it's no biggie, you just can't leave the US - but you would have to start all over again.

Also, giving the last piece of pizza is pretty romantic, I think! I mean, that's real thoughtfulness there.

Janson on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    When I eventually get married (ahahahahaha...ha...ahha... ...) i'll likely do something crazy for the proposal, not because it's a big moment but because plotting traps is fun and having a nice positive goal for one with a budget is very welcome.

Polago on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    we got engaged at a concert

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    "Oh that. I thought we should get this down on paper in case you try and take my couch or something."

Smoooooooth :)

Slagmire on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Polago wrote: »
    When I eventually get married (ahahahahaha...ha...ahha... ...) i'll likely do something crazy for the proposal, not because it's a big moment but because plotting traps is fun and having a nice positive goal for one with a budget is very welcome.

i'm totally on board with what you're saying

if my engagement doesn't involve convincing my significant other that she's in the middle of some vast, far-reaching conspiracy, i'll consider it a failure

mrpaku on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    MICHAEL DOUGLAS

and

SEAN PENN

in

THE GAME 2: THE PROPOSAL

Iskander on
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    People will let you get away with anything if you're going to propose.

"Excuse me sir, you're not allowed in/on/behind/to touch that"
    "no, it's okay, i'm gonna propose..."

Idiots.

ascot on
  • Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Yup, 90 days.

If you marry after those 90 days, you're actually really screwed. I'd have to go back to the UK and start all over again but with a marriage visa - and that's if I'm not banned for an overstay.

You're also screwed if you marry within 90 days, then leave without adjusting status (i.e. getting the green card). You wouldn't encounter a ban - technically I don't believe you HAVE to adjust status; if you can't afford to adjust status right away it's no biggie, you just can't leave the US - but you would have to start all over again.

Also, giving the last piece of pizza is pretty romantic, I think! I mean, that's real thoughtfulness there.

The problem with that is me and Dr. Ladyfriend both have hummingbird-sized stomachs. Right offhand, I can't remember the last meal we finished together.

We rock the to-go boxes, though.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh man, I have to work on a social now. Do any of you people do these? Like a party you have where you sell drinks and charge a $10 cover to make some money for the wedding with a silent auction?

I heard it was pretty much a Manitoba thing, but Manitobans love to say they are the only ones that do a lot of stuff.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so basically because of this little member between my legs I'm never going to get a 5 grand expenses paid shopping trip to new york

what

a

crock

not necessarily

:rotate:

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sometimes it's all about letting them do the cool mission in GTA IV. All depends on the chick that you get.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh man, I have to work on a social now. Do any of you people do these? Like a party you have where you sell drinks and charge a $10 cover to make some money for the wedding with a silent auction?

I heard it was pretty much a Manitoba thing, but Manitobans love to say they are the only ones that do a lot of stuff.

Dude you trick your wedding party into handling the social.

Here's some stuff to get you started based on the last time I helped run a Charity Social
    -Decide on ticket price ($10 is still the norm I think)
    -Book your venue
    -Get their occupancy information/license
    -Go to a MLC store and tell them you're having a social, and where. They'll help you figure out how much liquor you're allowed to have based on the occupancy of your venue (they have a book of licensed venues to reference)
    ***REMEMBER, THEY GUY WHO'S NAME IS ON THE MLC EVENT LICENSE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ONSITE and SOMEWHAT CONCIOUS FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT***
    -Decide how to devide up your liquor quota (beers, hard liquors, wines, etc)
    -You also have to decide how much you're going to charge for drink tickets, I think $2.50 is the minimum
    -Book a DJ
    -Arrange for food to be served around midnight (it doesn't have to be complex, meat and cheese tray sort of thing, but it's required by the MLC license)

Ruckus on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    Sometimes it's all about letting them do the cool mission in GTA IV. All depends on the chick that you get.

There is nothing better than a casual "Honey, come watch me kill this/blow this up" called from the living room

Usagi on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »

Here's some stuff to get you started based on the last time I helped run a Charity Social
    -Book your venue
    -Go to a MLC store and tell them you're having a social, and where. They'll help you figure out how much liquor you're allowed to have based on the occupancy of your venue (they have a book of licensed venues to reference)
    ***REMEMBER, THEY GUY WHO'S NAME IS ON THE MLC EVENT LICENSE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ONSITE and SOMEWHAT CONCIOUS FOR THE ENTIRE EVENT***
    -You also have to decide how much you're going to charge for drink tickets, I think $2.50 is the minimum
    -Book a DJ
    -Arrange for food to be served around midnight (it doesn't have to be complex, meat and cheese tray sort of thing, but it's required by the MLC license)

I wonder if I can depend on my wedding party to handle that...

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ruckus wrote: »

-Book your venue
    -Book a DJ

I wonder if I can depend on my wedding party to handle that...

Ya, that's like steps 1-8 out of about 50

[edit] the last one I did was planned for about three months and managed by all 12 volunteer firefighters, and that was only for a venue holding about 120 persons.

[edit] IMPORTANT NOTE, YOU WILL SELL MORE LIQUOR IF YOU SPECIFY "NO MINORS" (but MINERS are fine).

Ruckus on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Usagi wrote: »

There is nothing better than a casual "Honey, come watch me kill this/blow this up" called from the living room

"Do you want to shoot bitches up or watching the olympics?"

"I dunno, you?"

"Let's shoot bitches up."

She's keen.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Usagi wrote: »

"Do you want to shoot bitches up or watching the olympics?"

"I dunno, you?"

"Let's shoot bitches up."

She's keen.

We've been switching between GTAIV and the old Mercenaries

"You wanna blow up tanks?"

"I still need to get the Ace of Diamonds"

Usagi on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The_Scarab wrote: »
    I swear the amount of people who want to hide the ring somewhere and oh boy what a surprise the bride to be throws it out or it gets lost or stolen or whatever.

I wish men would just man up and do the on one knee regular style for once. It is tried and tested.

Under mouldy bread? Really.

Also, congratulations. You recovered with a pretty damn decent line.
    I agree with this up until the one knee regular style.

Fuck that shit, it's embarrassing to see a man on his knee(s).

Congratulations baby eating jesus! I hope you have a very happy engagement. :)

Man

I spend so much time on my knee(s)

It's not so bad

Straightzi on