As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Priest Talk: I've Tested Positive for Shadow

• Options
    GolemGolem of Sand Saint Joseph, MORegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Emo Kid wrote:
    Golem wrote:
    If you don't PvP, I don't see why you would bother with imp shield.
    Dont be hating Saries, Imp Shield is great for PVE healing. Ya I too think that extra dmg absorbstion would be really terrible for boss fights or AOEing mages :roll: . NOT, sorry Im a strong backer of Wand DPS for grinding and a big Fan of Imp shield in all aspects of the game
    Power Word: Shield itself isn't very good for PVE, in my opinion. It's mana inefficient and is only cast when either I fuck up and don't heal someone quickly enough or someone else fucks up and pulls aggro, or when healing an AoE'ing mage. An extra 138 HP for three talent points just doesn't seem worth it, even in PVP where the spell excels.

Also, Wand Spec is great. <3

People always fuck up at one point of another I like having the a decent Shield in my back pocket for the save.

Golem on
  • Options
    goldengolden Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Ya, pve is all about mana efficiency, so shield is only really an 'at-the-last-second' tool. If you're only casting it once per boss fight, it might not be worth 3 talent points. 138 hp could be a lifesaver, but odds are it won't be.

golden on
    sig7.jpg
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    exis wrote:
    Saeris wrote:
    I can certainly see your method working for you, because you fight Alliance, and no pickup Alliance group will heal people who are about to die. But on the other side of the faction barrier, one must finish one's targets quickly.
    That's a joke, right?

Partially, yes. But I mean, Alliance are just so bad. It varies per server, but in general, their pickup groups are terrible in that regard. I've been on both sides extensively, and this is the trend I have seen. Do you have a contrary experience?

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Saeris wrote:
    exis wrote:
    Saeris wrote:
    I can certainly see your method working for you, because you fight Alliance, and no pickup Alliance group will heal people who are about to die. But on the other side of the faction barrier, one must finish one's targets quickly.
    That's a joke, right?

Partially, yes. But I mean, Alliance are just so bad. It varies per server, but in general, their pickup groups are terrible in that regard. I've been on both sides extensively, and this is the trend I have seen. Do you have a contrary experience?
    Quite the opposite actually. After entering the 60 bracket, it seemed to be 'everyone for themselves' for the most part hordeside, while it feels like every second node cap involves killing any combination of paladins and priests healing one another.

My only guess is that the proportion of people that actually heal in BGs is quite small, and there are generally more alliance around, which may mean that you'll come across more "lol i no hael i m shdow". At least, that's my guess.

exis on
  • Options
    FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006
    people are people

horde is not horde, alliance is not alliance

people are people.

Faustum on
    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    sigoj3.gif
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    People are people, but I submit that more stupid people play Alliance because of Night Elves and Paladins. Regardless, back to priestly matters.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    People are people
    So why should it be
    You and I should get along so awfully

Aridhol on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    On my servers I hate paladins, with a passion.

Any paladin I see in a pug forgot to put heal on his bar! Ive literally died at the feet of 3 paladins with full mana bars cuz they were DPMing (Damage per Minute) instead of healing the priest taking care of them. What I do in BGs now is pick a warrior and become his heal bitch for the BG he keeps me alive, I keep him alive its beautiful.

Golem on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Golem wrote:

Any paladin I see in a pug forgot to put heal on his bar! Ive literally died at the feet of 3 paladins with full mana bars cuz they were DPMing (Damage per Minute) instead of healing the priest taking care of them. What I do in BGs now is pick a warrior and become his heal bitch for the BG he keeps me alive, I keep him alive its beautiful.
    So, so happy I'm shadow. :P

exis on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    exis wrote:
    Golem wrote:

So, so happy I'm shadow. :P

Once the Xpac comes out I'm going Displine. Eat my Shield Motherfucking Warrior! Not to mention the 60% dmg Mitigation is sooo sexy for PVP (alothugh kind of meh in PVE). Besides Healing all the time is boring which is why it will be nice to throw down a PI and then smite something for 1.4k while still doing 1.3k non crit flash heals ^^

Edit: mm the possiblities of an oracle set with the new heal and heals you anda target. Heal tanking anyone? My final gear before the expansion will be 5/5 Oracle 4/9 Faith (ie belt, bracers, gloves, ring)

Golem on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Question how many warriors are gunna like not only gaining no rage for doing 1.5k of dmg on a bubble, but also take 750 dmg for doing so?

Golem on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Golem wrote:
    Question how many warriors are gunna like not only gaining no rage for doing 1.5k of dmg on a bubble, but also take 750 dmg for doing so?

They'll (try to) shield slam it off, since you know, all warriors will be prot in pvp.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    FaustumFaustum __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006
    Hey I'm making a Draenei prot warrior you jerk

Faustum on
    diddysiggiesq8.pngClick to see who gets to DIE February 10th
    sigoj3.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Septus wrote:
    Golem wrote:

They'll (try to) shield slam it off, since you know, all warriors will be prot in pvp.

:lol:

REVENGE STUN! FTW

Golem on
  • Options
    TophobiiTophobii Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Shadow Mend is now instant cast with no cooldown.

Tophobii on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Tophobii wrote:
    Shadow Mend is now instant cast with no cooldown.
    Says who? Last I saw, it hasn't changed from it's 1.5sec cast with no cooldown.

exis on
  • Options
    VhalyarVhalyar Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    So sayeth Curse Gaming.

Vhalyar on
    uther-lance.gif
  • Options
    ParisInFlamesParisInFlames Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Vhalyar wrote:
    So sayeth Curse Gaming.
    God damn, all except paladins seem to have gotten a pretty nice buff. The polearm/axe spec talent name is retarded. But a pretty logical decision because of how few polearms there are and that they shared the same bonus.

ParisInFlames on
    UnderwaterUmbrellaGirlwider.jpg
    Steam id: skoot LoL id: skoot
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Because Curse has never, ever been wrong.

It's a fake. It's a fake. It's a fake.

Spammable instant cast heal? Of course!

exis on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Ya no way I could see them giving shadow priests a spammable instant heal.

Golem on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Emo Kid wrote:
    Golem wrote:
    If you don't PvP, I don't see why you would bother with imp shield.
    Dont be hating Saries, Imp Shield is great for PVE healing. Ya I too think that extra dmg absorbstion would be really terrible for boss fights or AOEing mages :roll: . NOT, sorry Im a strong backer of Wand DPS for grinding and a big Fan of Imp shield in all aspects of the game
    Power Word: Shield itself isn't very good for PVE, in my opinion. It's mana inefficient and is only cast when either I fuck up and don't heal someone quickly enough or someone else fucks up and pulls aggro, or when healing an AoE'ing mage. An extra 138 HP for three talent points just doesn't seem worth it, even in PVP where the spell excels.

Also, Wand Spec is great. <3

The imp shield is +15% to you shield

the shield also calcs +10% of your +healing/spell dmg
    which if you have spiritual Guidance is an additional +25% of you spirit

so is shield before talents is (Spirit = S, Spelldmg = D, Base Unmodifed Shield = B)
    N= (Dx 0.10) +(Sx 0.25) + B

So shield after Talents is
    (Nx 0.15%) + N = ???

correct me if Im wrong on my Calculations, but I remember when the priest patch coming out in (umm what 1.10) that it was stated that Spelldmg/ healing was added to the shield.

Golem on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I think imp shield is calculated before +healing/spellpower, so

N = (B * 0.15) + (D + .25S)/10

then N + B

golden on
    sig7.jpg
  • Options
    GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Can Pain Suppression be dispelled?

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    my guess is: very yes

golden on
    sig7.jpg
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Also, I think Priests typically get innervates since they benefit most from it. My spirit as a Paladin is absolute crap so I get maybe 1/3rd of a mana bar, if that.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Magicawe wrote:
    Also, I think Priests typically get innervates since they benefit most from it. My spirit as a Paladin is absolute crap so I get maybe 1/3rd of a mana bar, if that.

The benefit for priests is 25% per spirit larger then other healing classes, but priests generally have high spirit, something that not many classes have.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I never innervated priests when I grew out of the nub stage of raiding. Hands down, I was a better healer than 98% of them even when I was feral/resto.

One or two who were actually cool guys would get innervates on major boss fights, but that was because I liked the person, not because of the class.

I also innervated mages ;)

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I never innervated priests

Hey, retards might enjoy a Big Mac with a side of paintchips, but that doesn't make it right.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I got innervated by two druids at once tonight.

They're just scrambling for it.

exis on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I told a druid to innervate himself on garr last night since none of the priests needed it and he still wouldn't do it. Our druids are funny.

edit: Oh and I've gotten innervated twice at the same time. My mana regen goes up to like 750 / tick or something.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    shadowane wrote:
    I told a druid to innervate himself on garr last night since none of the priests needed it and he still wouldn't do it. Our druids are funny.
    Maybe because it would be dispelled almost instantly?

exis on
  • Options
    sleatersleater Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    innervate huh ?

innervate.jpg

i don't have mana.

i'm a rogue.

i also receive regular power infusions.

sleater on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    exis wrote:
    shadowane wrote:
    Maybe because it would be dispelled almost instantly?
    Garr was dead already but that's for trying to make me sound like a retard.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited September 2006

Hey, retards might enjoy a Big Mac with a side of paintchips, but that doesn't make it right.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing a noob priest blow through all his mana and then YELL for an innervate.

Response- "I don't innervate priests."

-to which various whining, bitching, moaning about innervate.

*Post Healing Charts, Post Overheal %* (with me as #1 in actual healed and quite low on overhealing, generally)

---

When you're better than me, I'll innervate you. Until then, suck it up and buy some mana pots.

Derrick on
  • Options
    ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Derrick wrote:

Nothing makes me happier than seeing a noob priest blow through all his mana and then YELL for an innervate.

*Post Healing Charts, Post Overheal %* (with me as #1 in actual healed and quite low on overhealing, generally)

---

When you're better than me, I'll innervate you. Until then, suck it up and buy some mana pots.

Pics or it didn't happen

Prospicience on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Derrick wrote:

---

Pics or it didn't happen

Pics of what? A priest asking for Innervate? A druid being a better healer than a priest? Because both of those happen all the time.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    reVerse wrote:
    Derrick wrote:

---

Pics or it didn't happen

Pics of what? A priest asking for Innervate? A druid being a better healer than a priest? Because both of those happen all the time.

lol. Getting #1 in healing is hardly screenshot worthy. Funnily enough though another druid in my old guild was proving a point about druid healing and happened to have made one.

healing2.JPG

Please bare in mind that Chrisscott was in tier 2, as was Gantetsu (IIRC), while I was in mostly BLUES at the time. This screenshot is from a LONG time ago.

I'm Enex, btw.

Derrick on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    sleater wrote:
    innervate huh ?

NINNERVATE LAWLZ

i don't have mana.

i'm a rogue.

i also receive regular power infusions.

That's great!

I'm notorius for battle rezzing our warlocks..ya know..just cause.

My innervate *usually* goes to me (moonkin). But..our priests, love you guys, have a thing for hitting me with PI, so if they run low and we're in a bind I have no problem passing along the favor.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Ive Said it in other forums and Ill say it in this one, If your Druids are outhealing your priests, and have better mana efficency and endurance (not counting innervate) then something is going horribly wrong with your priests, I recommend some fast reqruiting or training on the priests part.

There is a point where spamming flash heal and shield dont cut it anymore as a priest. Endgame is that time, try and find priests willing to learn and adapt to each situation.

Heres some tips for priests:

Work with the druid heals, ie but down renews.

Hold shields for emergencys

Call out when your about to lay down a 5k heal (this allows pally heals and other heals to go where needed)

Uh, Heal when you need to try not to over anticipate the dmg.

If your priests are seriously not outhealing your druids and are high on the healing meters my guess is they are shitty priests taking up a slot that could be better used by another person.

Golem on
  • Options
    wanaflapwanaflap Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Healing charts, overhealing, who's the better healer, etc.... are all useless points to make if your raid is progressing, not screwing up on farm-able instances, etc.

It varies from guild to guild, and different things work for different groups of people. However, I do think that MC/Rag teaches a lot to healers on how to 'properly/more efficiently' play their class PVE-wise. You're a completely different healer going in to MC, upon coming out. I've always felt that MC teaches healing and BWL teaches aggro/dps mgmt.

Side note, Blizz hates priests and will never drop tier 2 pants.

wanaflap on
This discussion has been closed.