As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WoW] Priest Talk: I've Tested Positive for Shadow

1555657585961»

Posts

  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Well Lightwell is about to get a bit better. It's still not great. Can be handy, but you'd be lucky to get two off on any fight. We have a pool of four holy priests that seem to always be constantly missing. So we usually run with one or two. As long as you always have one with Imp DS in the raid, the other priests really don't need points in it.

    exis on
  • Simjanes2kSimjanes2k Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Lightwell has gotten "a bit better" for about 12 straight patches, and is only now approaching worth using in anything but extremely specialized circumstances. I know blizzard has a "little tweaks at a time" policy, but you'd think SOMEtimes they'd just buff the crap out of something to get it close without wasting six months.

    It's not like they can't hotfix it if it's too crazy in the first three days. Remember Rampage?

    Simjanes2k on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    Simjanes2k wrote: »
    Lightwell has gotten "a bit better" for about 12 straight patches, and is only now approaching worth using in anything but extremely specialized circumstances. I know blizzard has a "little tweaks at a time" policy, but you'd think SOMEtimes they'd just buff the crap out of something to get it close without wasting six months.

    It's not like they can't hotfix it if it's too crazy in the first three days. Remember Rampage?

    Well they're buffing it pretty well next patch.

    exis on
  • redfenixredfenix Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    um, where's the upcoming patch notes, anyway?

    redfenix on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=464.0
    Lightwell: The heals from this ability are now increased by the bonus healing effects on the Priest.

    I've completely forgotten how much it was buffed exactly. But it will take into account +healing (can't remember at what coefficient), and when players receive the HoT, they'll get a debuff that won't allow them to click it again for a few seconds.

    exis on
  • redfenixredfenix Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    o holy shit, that's fantstic. the two things that would make it better

    anti-moron use, and actual healing. Ok, I like it.

    redfenix on
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    exis wrote: »
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=464.0
    Lightwell: The heals from this ability are now increased by the bonus healing effects on the Priest.

    I've completely forgotten how much it was buffed exactly. But it will take into account +healing (can't remember at what coefficient), and when players receive the HoT, they'll get a debuff that won't allow them to click it again for a few seconds.

    Too bad the biggest complaint with it has always been breaking on damage.

    You can train people to not click twice. You can cope with poor healing amount.. but having it completely nullified because a boss decides to AE 1 second later you can't do jack for.

    xzzy on
  • redfenixredfenix Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    i can mostly understand the breaking on damage for balance issues, it it were a free HoT with no drawbacks... that's PimP. or something.

    redfenix on
  • VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think it's about time for me to ask...

    what's a good spell order for a shadow priest? I'm level 57 with not great gear, entirely spec'd shadow. I just don't want to be inefficient being as... well, it sucks.

    edit - I don't believe spell order is the right phrasing... what I'm asking is, while questing/grinding solo what order of attack did you follow around the high 50's and early 60's?

    Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    redfenix wrote: »
    i can mostly understand the breaking on damage for balance issues, it it were a free HoT with no drawbacks... that's PimP. or something.

    Considering it was once at the peak of the holy tree, it should be amazing. Shadowform is class defining, lightwell should at least be a measurable percentage of that.

    xzzy on
  • Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS
    edited September 2007
    SW:P

    shadow priests are so silly

    Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited September 2007
    exis wrote: »
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=464.0
    Lightwell: The heals from this ability are now increased by the bonus healing effects on the Priest.

    I've completely forgotten how much it was buffed exactly. But it will take into account +healing (can't remember at what coefficient), and when players receive the HoT, they'll get a debuff that won't allow them to click it again for a few seconds.

    As far as I remember, the +healing coefficient is around 100%.

    korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • mirarantmirarant Registered User
    edited September 2007
    Variable wrote: »
    I think it's about time for me to ask...

    what's a good spell order for a shadow priest? I'm level 57 with not great gear, entirely spec'd shadow. I just don't want to be inefficient being as... well, it sucks.

    edit - I don't believe spell order is the right phrasing... what I'm asking is, while questing/grinding solo what order of attack did you follow around the high 50's and early 60's?


    There's a couple of different styles you can use here mostly depending on whether you choose to use PWS.

    1. Shield, VT, SWP, MF & wand (To save mana skip the Shield and put up VE)

    2. Mind Blast, SWP, VE, MF & wand

    Both can be fiddled around with and generally I found the best grinding rotation simply by experimenting. You'll want to be out of the 5 second rule by the time you gain Spirit Tap, unless you're fighting more than one mob of course.

    On some low hp mobs you'll get away with just VT and MF & wand.

    mirarant on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    xzzy wrote: »
    Too bad the biggest complaint with it has always been breaking on damage.

    You can train people to not click twice. You can cope with poor healing amount.. but having it completely nullified because a boss decides to AE 1 second later you can't do jack for.

    Eh. My biggest complaint was that the cooldown is way too fucking long. The healing someone gets out of it is fairly disappointing too. It breaking on damage never bothered me, to be honest.

    exis on
  • Simjanes2kSimjanes2k Registered User
    edited September 2007
    exis wrote: »
    xzzy wrote: »
    Too bad the biggest complaint with it has always been breaking on damage.

    You can train people to not click twice. You can cope with poor healing amount.. but having it completely nullified because a boss decides to AE 1 second later you can't do jack for.

    Eh. My biggest complaint was that the cooldown is way too fucking long. The healing someone gets out of it is fairly disappointing too. It breaking on damage never bothered me, to be honest.

    I really don't see anything game-breaking about the cooldown being more like 15 or 30 seconds, so that it can be used for a significant portion of raid healing. It's ideal for rogues who go in an out in phases due to AOE, perfect for lifetapping warlocks, and there's NO reason for it not to be used in Gruul (being that the raid only takes damage once per minute or whatever).

    So much potential! Needs a lower cooldown and it might really get attention.

    Simjanes2k on
  • exisexis Registered User regular
    edited September 2007
    I think a couple of minutes cooldown at least. Six is too much for what you get out of it. But the HPM and HPS is way too good for it to be available several times per minute. Don't want us to be paladins or anything :P

    exis on
  • MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2007
    Jesus it's 6? I vote for two minutes.

    Medopine on
This discussion has been closed.