As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[mini-phalla] Chaos Phalla - Anarchy prevails!

PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Critical Failures
2015 June – Massive Corruption is uncovered throughout the leadership of the nations of the G10 by intrepid reporter Mike Moran

2015 July – Intrepid reporter Mike Moran is found dead in his home. His estate releases further damning evidence involving corruption, abuse, murder and extortion among the most powerful politicians and corporate heads in the world.

2015 August – As countless members of the corporate world are forced out and hundreds of pieces of legislation are called under scrutiny, the world market spirals downward drastically.

2015 September – A small fight in the poorer sections of Paris explodes into a massive riot that sweeps through the city for a week. The military is called out and suppresses the riots brutally in front of hundreds of television cameras.

2015 October – Spurred by anger at their drastically declining quality of life and the complicity of their governments in the situation, riots and armed uprisings begin all over the planet. Hundreds of factions attempt to pull the fighting under their banner.

2015 November through 2020 June – The ‘Time of Troubles’. Countless revolutions are crushed by increasingly brutal militaries. Governments are formed and destroyed in weeks. Counter-revolutions kill off everyone involved in the initial revolutionaries, only to be killed themselves in counter-counter-revolutions. Anarchy reigns, death is everywhere, the world burns.

2021 – The world has calmed, the world munitions have been demolished and everyone lives peacefully. The abject horror of the fall of the modern world has been replaced by a relatively calm and beautiful time. There are no governments to deceive the people, or corporations to fleece them. All that remains is one guiding principle in the world “Property is Theft”. Everything is shared among anyone that wants it. The ruins of civilization are harvested when needed; otherwise everyone lives on small farms. Well, not farms per-say, more of a set of Anarco-sydicalist communes. You take turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two thirds majority in the case of outside dealings.

You and a few hundred live in one of these communes in West Phalladelphia (where many of you were born and raised). You like it here, you like not having to kill each other or learn new slogans and ways of life every time a government falls. You don’t mind the work because it keeps you fed and housed. Unfortunately not everyone feels the way you do. Some of the old guard Capitalists have come out of hiding in this time of peace. They hate the world you have made and want to bring back the old society where they were rich and powerful. These Capitalists live among you and have begun killing off members of the commune, hoping to destabilize it enough to seize power; the first step in the resurrection of their corrupt reality. If they succeed your perfect world is doomed! Stop them!

Basic Rules:
Every turn a vote should be made to execute one member of the commune. These votes should be made in red in this manner: !vote PsychoLarry1

And that’s it. There are no other basic rules.

Specific Rules:
Standard Phalla rules in most cases do not apply here.
- Anonymous contact among players is allowed. This may include email, IM, PMs, whatever.
- Posting of verbatim role PMs is allowed.
- Posting of screencapped PMs is allowed. This extends to photoshopped PMs as well, obviously.
- There are no post restrictions or vote restrictions. You’ll only be kicked out or replaced if there is no evidence that you are playing at all.
- I have no problem with any sort of meta-gaming such as observing when other players are reading their PMs.
- Everyone will be given a copy of the basic villager PM “Commune Member”

Knowing you guys you’ll think of examples of this that I haven’t taken into account. If you want to do something I haven’t listed, PM me first or ask for clarification in Orange to get the go ahead. I don’t want to ruin the game for anyone. I would also like to avoid having anyone get banned trying to play a Phalla.

All roles are based on standard phalla mechanics. There is nothing in this game as far as roles that should be unfamiliar. The game has however been designed to cause the most Chaos as possible. As such, some roles may not work the way you expect. This will never be anything too drastic (a vigilante won’t, for example, actually be a guardian or vice versa).

Turns will end at 11pm EST. This is a 20 player game.
1. Egos - Buddhist - Bled out by two very strong fingers
2. Quoth
3. Thetheroo
4. Monkeyfeet - Pro Poker Player - Got Stoned man
5. Rainfall
6. Ianator - Baba O'Rielly - Choked on the silliness of Objectivism
7. Durax - John Galt - Throttled by the Invisible Hand of the Market
8. DasUberEdwards - Isabelle Knight - Apparently couldn't fly
9. Ragnar Danneskjold - Sonny Warbucks - Massive psychological trauma
10. The_Reflection
11. Sheep Have Wool
12. Toxic Toys
13. TheLawinator - Teamster 322 - Killed by a vicious blade
14. FunkyWaltDogg
15. eecc
16. Elldren
17. Warban - Drug Dealer - You don't want to know, but it involved money
18. Thorgot
19. Kagera - Orphan - Burned to death
20. Frost Mist

Replacements:
1. Elldren
2. Dac Vin
3. Arasaki
4. MacGuffin
5. Ryadic
6. JoshuaESQ

FunkyWaltDogg has been generous enough to provide a proboard for everyone to post anonymously: http://abjectchaos.proboards58.com/index.cgi?board=general

Night 1
Night 2
Night 3

PsychoLarry1 on

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sounds cool mr.Larry, !sign me up

Egos on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !sign up because I am dead in both main games :(

Quoth on
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !Sign up,

Dammit, I was gonna have some of these ideas in my games.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !sign up why not

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Say what? I manage to run into mini-phalla !Sign ups while on my break at work? Lucky day!

Rainfall on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You and a few hundred live in one of these communes in West Phalladelphia (where many of you were born and raised).

rba.png

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Whee! !Sign Up

Ianator on
    steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
  • Options
    duraxdurax Who watches the watchdogs? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !sign up

durax on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I think i'll have to !sign up for that fresh prince reference.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Institutional PederastyInstitutional Pederasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !Sign up seems....interesting.

Institutional Pederasty on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !sign up

i am intrigued

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sure, I'll !signup.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'll !sign up

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I suppose I should mention that there is no conversion, in case that matters to anyone.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !Sign up

So... in this phalla, are we all crazy?

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    sign me up

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I suppose I should mention that there is no conversion, in case that matters to anyone.

The only thing that matters to me is that this isn't based off Chaos Wars.

25554969019dae63cdf6bp7.jpg

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I am surprised that this has been up for a whole three hours and is not yet full.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    I am surprised that this has been up for a whole three hours and is not yet full.
    I can be a very intimidating guy.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Quoth wrote: »
    I can be a very intimidating guy.

Oh god please don't force me into signing up!

Naaaaooooooooooooooo!

Edit: Also, I look forward to the many and varied photoshopped PMs. I know I'll be tempted to try my hand at a few.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    Clarence ClearwatersClarence Clearwaters Registered User new member
    edited August 2008
    Sign!

Up!

Clarence Clearwaters on
    Attica, Man!
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !sign up Because i cant get enough of phallas.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
  • Options
    Institutional PederastyInstitutional Pederasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    warban wrote: »
    !sign up Because i cant get enough of phallas.

:winky:

Institutional Pederasty on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !sign up in case R.O.B.B.O.T. is in this

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !sign-up

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !Sign up

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !Sign up

Unless it's full in which case

!Reserve up

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !Sign/Reserve me up!

Dac Vin on
  • Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !reserve as I think it's full

Arasaki on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Arasaki wrote: »
    !reserve as I think it's full
    Aye, Tis replied Aunt Helga!

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    MacGuffinMacGuffin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    !reserve

MacGuffin on
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Probably too late, but I'll !Reserve up.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm not going to be around this weekend...
    Everything is shared among anyone that wants it. The ruins of civilization are harvested when needed; otherwise everyone lives on small farms. Well, not farms per-say, more of a set of Anarco-sydicalist communes. You take turns to be a sort of executive officer for the week, but all the decisions of that officer have to be ratified at a special bi-weekly meeting by a simple majority in the case of purely internal affairs, but by a two thirds majority in the case of outside dealings.

But I just have to interject with:

watch?v=o76WQzVJ434

El Skid on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So is this starting tonight since it's all filled up?

Quoth on
  • Options
    FrostMistFrostMist NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Woot :D snagged the last spot

FrostMist on
    Untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    JoschuaESQJoschuaESQ Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you need more reserves please add me, doubt you'll need me, but I'm ecstatic about being back and able to phalla post bar exam.
    P.S. <3 frost!

JoschuaESQ on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    1st of all, I'll put you all in the reserve spots, but if I end up needing 6 reserves in a 20 player game I will be quite unhappy. For now I'm quite happy that El Skid was here to pick up my more subtle pop culture reference.

Alright, as I prepare to send out role PMs let me give you an idea of what you might expect as far as the roles go. Despite what thorgot thinks, this is not going to just be a bastard host game.

You may see (though you may not see) roles such as: thralls, death millers, role stealers, vote manipulators, vote immune characters, vigilante immune characters, false seers, ability disruptors, martyr guardians, moles, ability reflectors, characters that can speak to the dead, or B:L. Any, all, or none of these roles could show up, so don't say I didn't warn you.

One other thing: Do Not Use Alts, mod approved or otherwise. That is direct from Banatos. I don't think you want to get banned, and I certainly don't want to get banned.

PsychoLarry1 on
  • Options
    ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    You may see (though you may not see) roles such as: thralls, death millers, role stealers, vote manipulators, vote immune characters, vigilante immune characters, false seers, ability disruptors, martyr guardians, moles, ability reflectors, characters that can speak to the dead, or B:L. Any, all, or none of these roles could show up, so don't say I didn't warn you.

Oh man. This is going to be a mind job.

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, I am so angry. I talked about this mechanic in my mini and then someone uses it before I fine tune the kinks.

:(

Though if you manage to make this work I will be happy and very impressed. There were some serious problems when I was trying to implement it.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    All spelling my name wrong in the OP.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png