As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

V:TM:BL Ported to New Source engine, SDK SDK, WOOO!

minigunwielderminigunwielder __BANNED USERS regular
edited August 2008 in Games and Technology
Spotted by a classy gentleman at RPGCodex;
Lestat wrote:
Check this out. Several fine gentlemen of the most respectable kind are working on porting Bloodlines to the current version of the Source engine. If they succeed in their noble undertaking, the perfomance issues that are blighting VtM: B will finally be solved. A lot of progress has been made, and some maps can even be compiled in Hammer. You can find the instructions here. As a bonus, the port will be much easier to mod and expand than the current version of the game; one of the first attempts can be found here. The parallax mapped Giovanni mansion looks incredible.
To achieve this, a dedicated team of hobbyists are working on converting the original content into the new engine. This has the following benefits:

*To bring the fans of the game an SDK to work with

*This allows fans to make their own Bloodlines content - maps, textures, quests, npcs - anything and everything

Wooo.

minigunwielder on

• Options
    scootchscootch Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh... wow.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
    PSN: super_emu
    Xbox360 Gamertag: Emuchop
  • Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    V:TM:BL?

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    vampire: the masquerade: bloodlines

Angry on
  • Options
    4rch3nemy4rch3nemy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That game was SO good. If they get this going, with fan-made updates and mods as well.. this will be HUGE.

I'm happy!

But sad. Because it's going to take a while to get everything going and more content added.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Part of me wish I didn't know about it until near release.

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    And now for a real stupid question: SDK?

The only PC game I'd want an expansion for. Imagine if it had playable independent and Sabbat clans.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    scootch wrote: »
    Part of me wish I didn't know about it until near release.

May a thousand deaths plague thee, minigunwielder!!!
    And now for a real stupid question: SDK?

Software Development Kit

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    :O

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've been wanting the original version for quite some time now, but I've never got around to purchasing it. This news has renewed my interest in the game, but I'm curious as to whether or not I can purchase the original off of steam and play it without being bogged down with bugs?

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    darklite_x wrote: »
    I've been wanting the original version for quite some time now, but I've never got around to purchasing it. This news has renewed my interest in the game, but I'm curious as to whether or not I can purchase the original off of steam and play it without being bogged down with bugs?

It costs fucking 20 bucks on Steam. Not owning it is criminal.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The only bugs I ran into were fixed by reloading, and I only used the official patch.

They're a pain if you run into them, but just keep an extra save or two just in case.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

However, being a bug-free criminal might be preferred. Just wait until this comes out (be it 2 years, it'll still be REALLY REALLY AWESOME at that time), IMO..
    ...the game is really fucking fun though.

The real irony will be when this source port comes out with even more bugs than the original. D:

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I've only ran into one, during the sewers. it was game halting :(

scootch on
    TF2 stats
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I beat the game without incident in version 1.0. Though it did get CTDs.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I ran into two: the Plague Bearer, and endgame Chinatown. The barricaded door. That one drove me nuts.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You have permission to make a new OP and send it to mods if you think it lacking.

Also, some germans(
    HURF DURF NAZIS
    ) have re-enabled Troika's co-op code.

And are allegedly continuing their work all the while having highly trained monkey's converting using reference guides and notepad.

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

However, being a bug-free criminal might be preferred. Just wait until this comes out (be it 2 years, it'll still be REALLY REALLY AWESOME at that time), IMO..

The real irony will be when this source port comes out with even more bugs than the original. D:

Oh please. The bug are vastly exaggerated by pussies. Its not even as buggy as Oblivion, much less Fallout 2.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I loved Bloodlines so very, very much. It's going to be great to have talented modders fixing and expanding and modifying and so on. :D

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Would adding new content be possible? Like implementing new playable clans with different disciplines? It probably wouldn't affect the story, unless it was a Sabbat.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Do we really need another Black Mesa Source laughing at us as it spirals into vaporware?

God damnit.

JAEF on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    JAEF wrote: »
    Do we really need another Black Mesa Source laughing at us as it spirals into vaporware?

God damnit.

>:O

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    4rch3nemy wrote: »

Oh please. The bug are vastly exaggerated by pussies. Its not even as buggy as Oblivion, much less Fallout 2.

I noticed them more in this game.. however "little" amount there may be. I guess I had bad luck or something.

The game and concept are awesome, don't get me wrong.. it just felt like I played a beta. Call me a pussy or whatever, but it wasn't very polished feeling.

4rch3nemy on
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh god i'm so scared about looking forward to this, since it always seems like the best mods never get done, ever. I want it to happen so badly though, it would be amazing.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes, you can, also, the Sabbat would rock, it would be;
    smoke pot

get bit

kill some lowly motherfuckers and then shit yourself and hide when someone competant comes along

sulk into some basement for the night

get found by the dude who bit you

get explained to

JUMP THROUGH FIRES BECAUSE THE SABBAT ARE CRAZY.

CRAZY AWESOME.

Holy shit, I can see so clearly now!

bite neck

THIS IS A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN POT!

wreak havoc

oh shit, an army of batmans

RUN RUNRUNRUN

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OH THIS IS THE BEST NEWS OF ALL TIMES WHERE IS TUBE HE IS GOING TO MAKE SHIT IN HIS BRITCHES

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes, you can, also, the Sabbat would rock, it would be;
    smoke pot

get bit

kill some lowly motherfuckers and then shit yourself and hide when someone competant comes along

sulk into some basement for the night

get found by the dude who bit you

get explained to

JUMP THROUGH FIRES BECAUSE THE SABBAT ARE CRAZY.

CRAZY AWESOME.

Holy shit, I can see so clearly now!

bite neck

THIS IS A THOUSAND TIMES BETTER THAN POT!

wreak havoc

oh shit, an army of batmans

RUN RUNRUNRUN

Oh man are we all so giddy dudes because seriously for real this is going to be A-grade

ARMY OF BATMANS!!!

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    A Sabbat campaign would have to involve a pack wreaking havoc and breaking the Masquerade in every way conceivable.

Penalty? You get rewarded for breaching it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Non-retarded emo hunters=Army of Batmans

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes, which wouldd bring the "army of batmans" down upon them.

Also, why does that sound like what a malk would say bout hunters?

minigunwielder on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    A Sabbat campaign would have to involve a pack wreaking havoc and breaking the Masquerade in every way conceivable.

Oh man, oh man. Sabbat campaigns. Mass chaos on the streets. Eating the arm off a hobo prostitute just because. OH MAN
    Yes, which wouldd bring the "army of batmans" down upon them.

Also, why does that sound like what a malk would say bout hunters?

Now that you mention, it definitely does. This is because Malkavians are the best thing.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Oh man, oh man. Sabbat campaigns. Mass chaos on the streets. Eating the arm off a hobo prostitute just because. OH MAN

D-D-D-DIABLERIE!

That's what I'd be doing.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    A lot of things that bothered me about Bloodlines weren't bugs, per se, but pains of a game birthed before the Source engine was fully complete. For instance, every time you ride in an elevator, your camera can glitch through the roof. There are a lot of little graphical glitches like that that, while not technically bugs, break immersion enough to be bothersome.

I approve of this news and of these guys. Hopefully it will be done before the decade is out.

freakish light on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

D-D-D-DIABLERIE!

JAYWALKING IS BETTAR

THAT IS WHAT US GANGREL DO

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

D-D-D-DIABLERIE!

JAYWALKING IS BETTAR

THAT IS WHAT US GANGREL DO

SOON I WILL HAVE THE POWER OF JAYWALKING! JUST STAND STILL!

OM NOM NOM NOM

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I was hoping I could look up the Malk perspective on Hunters, but they're just about the only faction they don't comment on in their clanbook.

What do they think of the Sabbat?
    More fun than the Camarilla because they Prank so easily; less fun because they seldom get the joke. "Oo! Bad Malkavian make fun of Otto! Otto smash!" Yawn.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Who has an ASCII arrow and has just ruined a pair of pants?

<--- This guy.

Monger on
  • Options
    jotjot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm not trying to kill this party, but isn't it possible white wolf is going to be all like cease and desist?

jot on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    jot wrote: »
    I'm not trying to kill this party, but isn't it possible white wolf is going to be all like cease and desist?

I don't really see where they'd have the grounds to do it. Also I'll kill all of them. With giant flaming knives.

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    jot wrote: »

I strongly doubt that. In theory the people who own White Wolf might care, but this would have no impact whatsoever on the WoD MMORPG, so...I doubt they care.

I hope someone does something with the nWoD games, which I prefer over the old...I think Promethean, for example, could make a fantastic premise for a CPRG...

Professor Phobos on