As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Interesting, Awesome, or just plain Neat Screenshots (NSF56k)

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    jpeg wrote: »
    rejectorm000wx9.jpg

big, I guess

So wait; where does this come from? Someone said WAR but that really doesn't look like WAR; that water looks like LOTRO.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tier 3 keeps are much bigger. :D

tharism018je6.th.jpg

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    jpeg wrote: »
    rejectorm000wx9.jpg

big, I guess

So wait; where does this come from? Someone said WAR but that really doesn't look like WAR; that water looks like LOTRO.

water looks exactly like that in WAR

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    War does look like that.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Asamof the HorribleAsamof the Horrible Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    TheGerbil wrote: »

what the hell is up with this picture? why is arthas in some level 1 copy paste camp?

edit: the pic seems to have 404'd

Asamof the Horrible on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd imagine that would be the Death Knight starting area.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • KiithKiith Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    wtf is up with all those Chosen without helmets on? :P
    I still havent had a helmet drop for me D:

Kiith on
    The very existense of flame throwers proves that at sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves "I want to set those people over there on fire, but i'm just not close enough to get the job done."
  • KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kiith wrote: »
    Aldo wrote: »
    wtf is up with all those Chosen without helmets on? :P
    I still havent had a helmet drop for me D:

Seriously. The drop rate for Shoulders, Cloaks and Helms seems to be utterly terrible for me as well. And if you want one they cost anywhere from 5-10g.

Kelor on
  • KiithKiith Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I got my shoulders as a quest reward in Ostland, but no helm or cloak yet. Hopefully get one tonight, as the helmets look badass.

Kiith on
    The very existense of flame throwers proves that at sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves "I want to set those people over there on fire, but i'm just not close enough to get the job done."
  • GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    (most of these shots were taking at minimum settings due to lol zerg lag)

Gustav sees the heresy within you, and will punish it. (He doesn't like his new mask, personally I think it looks pretty good on him, but I can see it getting old)
    tharism028lk5.th.jpgthpix.gif

The Candymancers assemble to take back Barak Varr, sparking a 3 keep capture spree (and an attempt at a fourth)
    tharism026ah7.th.jpgthpix.gif

Banners displayed with pride, the forces of order charge to recapture Mandred's Hold.
    tharism035st0.th.jpgthpix.giftharism029tg2.th.jpgthpix.gif
    Along the way we literally washed over some unlucky Zealot wandering around, unfortunately I was too slow to cap his death/corpse.
    tharism033yt2.th.jpgthpix.gif

Tharis von Stollen, showing those Disciples of Khaine they aren't the only ones who can heft two swords.
    tharism045mf8.th.jpgthpix.giftharism042rd6.th.jpgthpix.giftharism037os0.th.jpgthpix.gif

Obligatory E-peen shot, now that I have a silence and a few other tools, I finally feel that I can effectively kill casters. (though I still think there is disparity between WE and WH)
    tharism043ii8.th.jpgthpix.gif

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

what the hell is up with this picture? why is arthas in some level 1 copy paste camp?

As the person states, that is the death knight starting area, which happens to be a freaking necropolis floating over the northern plaguelands.

TheGerbil on
    edited September 2008

As the person states, that is the death knight starting area, which happens to be a freaking necropolis floating over the northern plaguelands.

I dunno, in the picture it looked like a level one copy paste camp with a red tone on everything and arthas just randomly there

Asamof the Horrible on
    edited September 2008

I dunno, in the picture it looked like a level one copy paste camp with a red tone on everything and arthas just randomly there

Oh that picture. That's cause the quests you do, you destroy a camp of scarlet crusaders and everything is red cause the landscape below you in on FIRE and Arthas is there telling them they are so fucked.

TheGerbil on
    edited September 2008

Oh that picture. That's cause the quests you do, you destroy a camp of scarlet crusaders and everything is red cause the landscape below you in on FIRE and Arthas is there telling them they are so fucked.

Ahh okay, that makes so much more sense. Disregard everything I said before then:x

Asamof the Horrible on
    edited September 2008

Ahh okay, that makes so much more sense. Disregard everything I said before then:x

Yea the next quest is super badass too because he gives you a frost wyrm to go ride around on and kill the reinforcement armies of scarlet crusaders that show up. You have to kill something like 150 scarlet guys and 10 ballistas.

TheGerbil on
  • gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    the time my Resto. druid killed Vaelstraz...
    WoWScrnShot_111906_211236.jpg

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • BecomingBecoming Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Nothing super amazing here, just my Dwarf and his axe.

kazrelr18xv5.th.jpgthpix.gif

Becoming on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is a pic I took, with all the settings down, when I went to the wrong Keep a couple nights ago. The Six Mouths were going to the Marshes of Madness, I went... here:

MedenethF_000.jpg
    OHGODRED

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Where does WAR put screenshots?

bamjo on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bamjo wrote: »
    Where does WAR put screenshots?

War\Screenshots

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is anyone else noticing that WAR is getting alot more screenshots posted here than AoC, LoTRO and others ever got?

Euphoriac on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    Is anyone else noticing that WAR is getting alot more screenshots posted here than AoC, LoTRO and others ever got?

It might just have something to do with WAR just coming out.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I think people are just trying to balance out several years of virtually 100% WoW screens.

My problem with the WAR screens is that they look great until you put in some PC/NPC's in there, then the quality of the graphics just plummets. Maybe it looks better running, or the screens tend to be low quality; but still.

The Dude With Herpes on

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I think people are just trying to balance out several years of virtually 100% WoW screens.

My problem with the WAR screens is that they look great until you put in some PC/NPC's in there, then the quality of the graphics just plummets. Maybe it looks better running, or the screens tend to be low quality; but still.

Well the game looked alright during beta, but it was capped at medium settings. A lot of these shots look like they were taken at low/medium.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited September 2008

Well the game looked alright during beta, but it was capped at medium settings. A lot of these shots look like they were taken at low/medium.

Maybe. There just seems to be a stark contrast between the quality of the terrain/world graphics and the NPC and player models/graphics.

The Dude With Herpes on

• tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    you really want low/medium for when gigantic waves of order totally overrun you.

tyrannus on
  • Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Maybe. There just seems to be a stark contrast between the quality of the terrain/world graphics and the NPC and player models/graphics.

It's very reasonable considering the amount of players that can be had on screen at once without your computer melting nor the server's. I would much rather have reasonable graphics for today's hardware rather than "OMG 3xtreem l33t DX10 grappics!" like found in AoC. >_>;

Lucky Cynic on
    edited September 2008

It's very reasonable considering the amount of players that can be had on screen at once without your computer melting nor the server's. I would much rather have reasonable graphics for today's hardware rather than "OMG 3xtreem l33t DX10 grappics!" like found in AoC. >_>;

I'm not complaining that the graphics aren't top of the line; who cares? I'm just saying graphically it looks like they put EQ1 models in a LOTRO world.
    I realize they're not as bad as EQ1, I'm just saying there's a disparity between the quality.

The Dude With Herpes on

edited September 2008
    Well the screen shots themselves are low quality, I think theres a specific key-binding to take high-quality screen shots.

Arthil on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

I think that's something that AoC really missed. It never ceases to amaze me when I find yet another guildie in WoW plays using their shitty laptop.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • prawnstar69prawnstar69 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    End wrote: »

I think that's something that AoC really missed. It never ceases to amaze me when I find yet another guildie in WoW plays using their shitty laptop.

Yep. Being able to play an MMO on a broad range of hardware is indeed a great thing. It's one of the reasons I love WoW.

My main PC (Ath5000+64X2, 2GB RAM, ATi3850) can run it beautifully on max everything. My 2nd PC (P4-2.0, 1GB RAM, PCI ATi9250) can run it 30-40fps on mid/low settings.

prawnstar69 on
    Bana84.png
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    RethmarM_043.jpg

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Maybe I'm looking wrong, but WAR in game and in screen shots looks -fine-. It looks better than WoW.

Can I borrow you'se guys' eyes?

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    It's not the eyes, it's the rose colored glasses.

Unknown User on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've gotta say, Akira, there is something about that shot that I really, really like.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    edited September 2008
    I can just imagine that Magus, having woken up and prepared for the day thoughtfully looking out the window and muttering under his breath. "Another day, another ten dozen of the empire to burn in Tzeentch's glorious name," Then he floats off screen.

Arthil on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The soundtrack to that screenshot: Lonely Day - System of a Down

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • AkiraAkira Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thanks, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I was actually trying to show some of the snow effects in that zone since they are kind of neat but they don't always show up in screenshots, you can get a better look here (bonus shot of the Chaos T3 keep and TSM raid).

Akira on
    akira.gif
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    archosaur.jpg

&

heavenstear2.jpg

&

heavenstear.jpg
    Perfect World by night

Aldo on
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular