Quoth on
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    D:

But....

It was so good.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    quoth I am getting very upset with you

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i guess i will stop shitting on this thread then

sorry :(

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    it's okay

you're still a pretty rad lady

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    yes spiderman 3 is the best spiderman movie

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    also there was how's the pie

tell me that scene is not grand

I laughed so hard at that whole thing. But no on else did. Which was awkward.

Munch on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    dang why did they not laugh?

were you watching it with dumb people?

also Spider-Man 3 is totally the best, yet.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    it had the best bruce campbell cameo which automatically makes it the best

all the other stuff is icing on the cake

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited February 2009
    spider-man 3 was hilarious and it had a superhero team up at the end and I was all "I don't even care that this doesn't make a whole lotta sense! that's awesome!"

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    spider-man 3 was hilarious and it had a superhero team up at the end and I was all "I don't even care that this doesn't make a whole lotta sense! that's awesome!"

My buddy was bitching because I wouldn't drive him to the theater if he was going to sneak booze in.

In the Men's room before the film, we heard a bunch of guys talking about how excited they were to see the movie while drunk.

Multiple times, they yelled shit out during the film.

At the end, they started booing really loud, and most of the theater joined in with them. It was pretty epic.

The only other time I can think of that compares is when that same friend and I saw Die Hard 4, and at the end he stood up and applauded as hard as he could, with the rest of the sold-out theater slowly rising and joining him.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    only a hormonal imbalance could cause you to not have fun watching spider-man 3 is what I'm saying

but what could cause that

I really do sincerely disagree. I'm not going to pretend there are objective reasons you shouldn't enjoy Spider-Man 3 - if it made you happy, I'm glad to hear it - but I found it just awful. It was easily the worst film I saw that year, if not several years.

There were too many very poor choices - e.g. having the symbiote be unexplained AND inexplicably land near Peter instead of coming from JJ's son, even w/ the 2nd film setup - that cumulatively passed 'distracting' and became 'distasteful'.

I love Spider-Man, I'll tell you that. Spider-Man and X-Men were my childhood comics. I definitely don't always agree with editorial decisions (e.g. I loved The Other but loathe BND) but I love the character. SM3, though, seemed to abandon all the things I liked about him. Spider-Man wasn't funny, the Venom character didn't have any of the pathos and schizoid behavior that defined him, Harry's motivation was nonsensical in the extreme (not to mention the butler thing), etc. To me, it just wasn't fun at all.

The only thing that comes close to redeeming it was Sandman, but his origin (that unmonitored experiment) was just too silly to enjoy. Thankfully, it included his beautiful emergence scene, so I'll forgive that.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    You forgot to mention the horrible disservice they did to the character of Gwen Stacy. I mean, what the hell?

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Briareos wrote: »
    You forgot to mention the horrible disservice they did to the character of Gwen Stacy. I mean, what the hell?

No worse than what the comics did to her.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Briareos wrote: »

No worse than what the comics did to her.

Too true. :cry:

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I think one of the big reasons I didn't like Spiderman 3 was because Spiderman 2 was so much awesome. 3 would have probably been decent if it didn't have to live up to that one.

The only thing I've wondered is what happened to his Spidey-sense. In the first one it was pretty obvious, but in the second and third it seems like anyone can sneak up on him.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    LanglyLangly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    man i did not enjoy 3 as much as two but when I saw the makings of the 2 on 2 I got really excited and it paid off in spades

I wasn't turned off by the way they portrayed the black suit at all, really. The thing that bothered me the most was that venom and sandman seemed very shoe horned as bad guys (especially venom), and also having a comic book esque retcon in a trilogy bugged me.

Although it was an awesome way to explain what retcon was to the superhero class last summer

Langly on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    Sandmans entire thing was pointless. It introduces his kid simply to make him sympathetic rather than a money-craving dick and then thats it, the rest of the movie is just him smashing shit and fighting with Spider-Man badly.

His ressurection scene was good though.

Other things Spider-Man 3 did right.

The pie scene, awesome acting/expression from Osborn.

The "I like being bad...it makes me happy"

It just stood out to me as a pretty cool line, plus Venom seeemed pretty decent while fighting in the construction area but this is the same issue I had with Spider-Man 1. You have two fast people capable of swinging all over the city and fighting across rooftops, they could've been putting each other through walls and windows and generally tearing stuff up in an epic equal battle.

And instead they're just fucking about in a single construction site, ONLY so that Peter can have some convenient metal about to clang together.

When the cartoon version is doing the origin and defeat of the symbiote better than you, you're doing something wrong.

I would've liked to see more of Harry fucking with Peters life to. That everything must go through MJ is the most cliche and bog-standard aspect of each film.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sandmans entire thing was pointless. It introduces his kid simply to make him sympathetic rather than a money-craving dick and then thats it, the rest of the movie is just him smashing shit and fighting with Spider-Man badly.

How dare they make him anything more then a one dimensional cartoon villain!! Curse you Sam Rami and your subtext!! Curse you!!

DW, seriously, what kind of bland ass obvious movies are you a fan of, anyway? Spider-Man 3 wasn't perfect by a long shot, but your complaints are like the ravings of a 13 year old kid or a crotchity old man. Nonsensical and, in some instances, just plain fucking wrong.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    He was a one dimensional character. His daughter subplot went nowhere, all he did throughout the film was turn into sand and smash shit.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    He was a one dimensional character. His daughter subplot went nowhere, all he did throughout the film was turn into sand and smash shit.

They added subtext to a character. As opposed to, hey, I'm a giant sand guy, lets see if I can fill up a 90 minute movie by just being made of sand and then robbing a fucking armored car for some stupid reason. Because I know, if I turned into living sand, the first thing I'd do is rob an armored car...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Spectacular Spider-Man's rendition of Sandman is pretty cool without depending on the generic criminal who is in over his head and just wants to support his daughter motif.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Did you remember he had a daughter by the end though? Because I'd totally forgotten. So its kind of a useless context.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    also there was how's the pie

tell me that scene is not grand

Man, that scene was running through my head for like a year later whenever I ate or did something so good.

I liked the daughter if only because I'd just recently read the future Spider-man story where he had a daughter that could turn to concrete.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Spectacular Spider-Man's rendition of Sandman is pretty cool without depending on the generic criminal who is in over his head and just wants to support his daughter motif.
    Spectacular Spider-Man pretty much did everything better than all the movies.

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Sentry wrote: »

They added subtext to a character. As opposed to, hey, I'm a giant sand guy, lets see if I can fill up a 90 minute movie by just being made of sand and then robbing a fucking armored car for some stupid reason. Because I know, if I turned into living sand, the first thing I'd do is rob an armored car...

not all subtext is good subtext

his was vapid, cursory and ultimately pointless

he wasn't a developed character, he was flat with a sticker that read "motivation: sick daughter"

Quoth on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The first ninja turtles movie was the best comic movie.

Why isn't there a sequel to the CGI one yet?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Bloods End wrote: »

Imagi is making Astro Boy and then promptly going to run out of money.

Furu on
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Furu wrote: »

But Astro Boy actually looks decent.

And I've seen anything involving Astro Boy before.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    AlephAleph Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Some new Watchmen clips

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00paR4jXgPo

Veidt's looks and accent..... I'm at loss for words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9t4ARrupAE

That slow-mo right before the explosion was kinda funny. Just seemed so randomly placed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iI2WtUXifbU

Pretty alright clip, I guess.

Aleph on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    If Imagi runs out of money, I will shed a thousand tears for them.

Did you see their concept art for Gatchaman/G-Force/Battle of the Planets and Tetsujin 28/Gigantor?

Fuck, man. Should those ever see the light of day, I will be first in line.

I guess we're all going to have to go see Astro Boy 3 or 4 times in a row.

I think another TMNT movie for them might be a pretty safe bet, though. Their first did better than expected, and a new one with shredder and an actual plot would probably be a shoe-in for funding from whoever owns the full rights.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited February 2009
    I thought they'd talked about the next TMNT movie being live action/CGI Turtles?

DMAC on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Furu wrote: »

But Astro Boy actually looks decent.

And I've seen anything involving Astro Boy before.

Oh yeah, it looks okay though I'm going to end up Tezuka Nerd Raging at it.

But it doesn't change the fact that Imagi is about out of cash and if it doesn't do gangbusters at the box office they're going to be in serious trouble.

Furu on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm still quietly awaiting any sort of news about We3 or Y: The Last Man moving towards a film.

Well, those and Robotech/NGE, but I imagine those projects will be a while in the making.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    DMAC wrote: »
    I thought they'd talked about the next TMNT movie being live action/CGI Turtles?

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/080610-TMNT25-Laird.html
    NRAMA: On the film development front, how's it going with Imagi and WB on the sequel?

PL: I'm not sure that we will be working with Imagi on the sequel -- I'd like to, but we're looking into other options. I can't really talk about it in detail, but there are several interested parties we're talking to. One of the things which seems to appeal to everyone is this idea of doing what people are calling a "hybrid" movie -- one where most of it will be live-action, but the Turtles would be very realistically rendered CGI characters. I think that could be, if done correctly, incredibly cool. One thing that I would love to see happen is to try to get Sarah Michelle Gellar and Chris Evans (who performed the voices of April O'Neil and Casey Jones in the 2007 computer-animated TMNT movie) to reprise those roles in a sequel... but as live-action versions of April and Casey. I think that would be wicked cool! As far as I know, at this point they have not been asked, and I have no idea if they would be interested in doing it. I can hope, though!

Urghh. The good news is, it could possibly just be Peter Laird talking out of his ass.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Forar wrote: »
    I'm still quietly awaiting any sort of news about We3 or Y: The Last Man moving towards a film.

Well, those and Robotech/NGE, but I imagine those projects will be a while in the making.

Robotech got wrangled up in a huge rights dispute; the same rights dispute that has prevented us from getting Macross 7, DYRL, Mac 0, and Mac F on DVD in the US.

NGE was a pipe dream and will most likely never happen. That concept art from years ago was actually really treacherous and sneaky, as it was paid for by the US licensor of the series without any studio's interest, and with Gainax only being indifferent to it.

Edit: Although there are the current NGE remake movies in Japan right now, which should start seeing US release at the end of the year.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    hating spider-man 3 makes the terrorists win

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Hmm, I'm liking the Watchmen clips so far. If only they'd gotten a Veidt who looked a bit more the part, though... he's a little scrawny. I don't mind the accent, though. I don't know that it fits the character at all, but I didn't find it distracting. The rescue scene was pretty excellent, and the last one was just pretty short. Though seriously, slow-mo is being overused just a tad. It's a giant book, you don't need to slow down scenes, you need to pack even more in!

durandal4532 on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't know if this has been posted or not, but there's been some pics taken from wolverine movie toys, and I found this one interesting(it's deadpool)
    100_3975.jpg

So it does look like he's going to end up being scarred, which is cool, but I'm not sure if I like the claws they added to him. Makes him look too much like Baraka.

noir_blood on
This discussion has been closed.