edited February 2009
    McCly wrote: »
    BARAKAPOOL

Hmmm, not sure what to think of this.

Comahawk on
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Maybe the claws are just for the toys? You know, like Knight Glider Radar Dish Batman.

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Maybe the claws are just for the toys? You know, like Knight Glider Radar Dish Batman.

nah, there's some leaked pictures of Logan fighting a guy that looks just like that.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

nah, there's some leaked pictures of Logan fighting a guy that looks just like that.

Ah hell.

Maybe the fight is pre-empted by a scene of Deadpool duct-taping those to his arm while humming the theme song from the Karate Kid?

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Or maybe during the fight he's humming "Anything you can do I can doooooo better"?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Ah hell.

Maybe the fight is pre-empted by a scene of Deadpool duct-taping those to his arm while humming the theme song from the Karate Kid?

That's what a lot of people are thinking. The fact that his arms are covered in bandages gives me hope.

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Ah hell.

That's what a lot of people are thinking. The fact that his arms are covered in bandages gives me hope.

That's the first thing I thought about too when seeing that pic.

It think it would be just hilarious to see Deadpool get his ass kicked by Wolverine, then thinking that the way to beat him is by taping sharp things to his wrists.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't know what it is but the Watchmen clips seem really boring. The trailer itself is great but the clips just seem kinda slow and not very movie quality.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I don't know what it is but the Watchmen clips seem really boring. The trailer itself is great but the clips just seem kinda slow and not very movie quality.

I agree. Granted, they're taken out of context, so maybe things will be different, but there doesn't seem to be much of a umm "spark" to the thing? Especially the clip with Nightowl and Rorsharsh talking. And I hated the slow mo when the Comedian jumped down, because it just seems so fucking cliche.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Kyougu wrote: »

Ah hell.

That's the first thing I thought about too when seeing that pic.

It think it would be just hilarious to see Deadpool get his ass kicked by Wolverine, then thinking that the way to beat him is by taping sharp things to his wrists.

I'm now going to be sorely dissapointed if none of the things written here happen.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In some of the other photos of that Deadpool action figure you'll notice that he also has his mouth sewn shut. Heh.

And as for the bandages/tape on his arms, they appear to not be in the movie.

Untitled.png?t=1235025919

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2009
    So does this take place over a long period of time? All the pics I've seen of Deadpool had him with hair.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DraXXXenDraXXXen Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    In some of the other photos of that Deadpool action figure you'll notice that he also has his mouth sewn shut. Heh.

And as for the bandages/tape on his arms, they appear to not be in the movie.

Untitled.png?t=1235025919

So Deadpool is now Baraka?
    Oookay....wait...um, right. Oh well, rental DVD at the very most.

DraXXXen on
    donutMachine.jpg
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What, they thought Katanas weren't cool enough?

durandal4532 on
    Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

I like how when they first announced Snyder as the director everyone was all "oh no! watchmen is too slow and subtle for 300 director to do!"

and now I hear "oh no! that scene of dialog exchange in an office is slow and subtle....it's boring."

maybe if for artistic license, snyder had ozymandias turn into a CG demon that spoke like garfield and ate live maggots, you'd dig it more, no?

EDIT: to keep from double-posting:
    6937header_banner4894343.jpg
    Get ready to "Hero up!" with "Marvel Super Hero Squad!"

The all-new "Marvel Super Hero Squad" animated series debuts on the Cartoon Network in late 2009 with a slate of 26 episodes scheduled to run. "Marvel Super Hero Squad" is an action-packed show featuring super-stylized versions of its most popular characters including Captain America, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Wolverine and Iron Man.

And Levar Burton's gonna be a guest voice actor!

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

I like how when they first announced Snyder as the director everyone was all "oh no! watchmen is too slow and subtle for 300 director to do!"

and now I hear "oh no! that scene of dialog exchange in an office is slow and subtle....it's boring."

maybe if for artistic license, snyder had ozymandias turn into a CG demon that spoke like garfield and ate live maggots, you'd dig it more, no?

Maybe you're new to movies, but there's ways to shoot a conversation and still make it interesting. The Niteowl and Rorshasch conversation looks like it was shot for television. So does the conversation with Ozzy, that's what some people are pointing out.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Honestly, there are other problems that make the conversation scenes seem really draggy.

Either the sound levels are fucked, or everyone is talking very quietly. Veidt seems weird (and totally uninvested in the character), and both Silk Spectres seem to be terrible at acting.

Crudup is good as Manhattan, but once again the voice is too low. The stoic thing is accurate, but I wish the voice was filtered so it'd be covered in noise or just booming through amplification, but recorded at normal levels.

Nite Owl II is great. Rorschach seems to be good, but I don't like the Baleman voice, hardcore-guy approach. I imagined him always being really calm and collected, kind of schizoid.

The comedian seems to be trying really hard, but he can't quite get there either. Same issue with the quiet voice, but he doesn't have the kind of larger-than-life, dominating, douchebag aspect really going for him. The way he delivers lines in the clips so far makes him seem a little too sympathetic.

Yep, I'm reading wayy to much into 7 minutes of clips from a 3 hour movie.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Rorschach seems to be good, but I don't like the Baleman voice, hardcore-guy approach. I imagined him always being really calm and collected, kind of schizoid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FS60iN0g2I
    Low and gravelly seems to fit the character pretty well, especially considering that he's overcompensating for being a little guy with the childhood that he had.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    HadjiQuest wrote: »
    Rorschach seems to be good, but I don't like the Baleman voice, hardcore-guy approach. I imagined him always being really calm and collected, kind of schizoid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FS60iN0g2I
    Low and gravelly seems to fit the character pretty well, especially considering that he's overcompensating for being a little guy with the childhood that he had.

That's much closer to what I'd imagined. Low and tone-less. Rhythmic, but never really shifts around in pitch or volume. Kind of gruff, but not gruff to the point of definition.

From these clips, movie Rorschach is all over the place, as if they tried to make him more of a bad-ass and downplay the kookiness in order to have a more marketable hero for ad time. He may as well tell Moloch to "SWEAR TO ME!"

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I can see where you're coming from. But I can also see where the actor's coming from with it.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Brave & the Bold season finale's coming up.

Preview video.

Pictures!

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    The Brave & the Bold season finale's coming up.

Preview video.

Pictures!

There is nothing I do not like about this.

Furu on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

New Green Lantern DTV sounds an awful lot like an origin story.

All we know is that it's called First Flight, but that seems like enough.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Watched the Wonder Woman movie earlier, it was great. Lots of good fights, multiple decapitations and impalements, zombies, nuclear missiles, Steve's constantly running mouth (WW has a 'great rack'), a great story, and a gratuitous cameo at the very end.

Preview for GL was a lot of backstory for people who don't know who he is. A few preview pictures, the realization that Stabler (wearing a cowboy hat for some reason) is Hal, and the promise of the squirrel GL appearing. Yeah, mostly looks like an origin story. Sinestro teaches Hal, then turns evil.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Watched the Wonder Woman movie earlier, it was great. Lots of good fights, multiple decapitations and impalements, zombies, nuclear missiles, Steve's constantly running mouth (WW has a 'great rack'), a great story, and a gratuitous cameo at the very end.

Preview for GL was a lot of backstory for people who don't know who he is. A few preview pictures, the realization that Stabler (wearing a cowboy hat for some reason) is Hal, and the promise of the squirrel GL appearing. Yeah, mostly looks like an origin story. Sinestro teaches Hal, then turns evil.

Stabler as in SVU?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Yes, yes indeed.

Also, Michael Madsen as Kilowog.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    What?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    The other two actors they showed were for Sinestro and Boodikka. I don't remember who they were. I guess I could look, but I'm sure someone will post it soon enough.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I look forward to Marvel Super Hero Squad.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Seriously?

To me, it looks like it's going to be one of those shows with no cross-generational appeal.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    CheerfulBearCheerfulBear Registered User regular
    edited February 2009

Seriously?

To me, it looks like it's going to be one of those shows with no cross-generational appeal.

That's how Spectacular Spider-man looked to me at first, but I was soooooo wrong.

CheerfulBear on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009

Seriously?

I haven't seen any clips or anything, I just like the goofy little figures.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited February 2009

Seriously?

I haven't seen any clips or anything, I just like the goofy little figures.

Batman: The Brave and the Bold initially turned me off, and now I love it, although there are a lot of episodes I wouldn't really want to see more than once or twice.

I'm afraid Marvel will really stumble with this, though. Won't know till we see previews, but they already have so many cartoon projects in the works (including a teen-oriented version of avengers), that I just don't see this working out well.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    Reynolds wrote: »

Oh man, you were so right. Of all the DC direct-to-video projects, this is my favorite.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    This one really was a cut above, even though the others I've seen have always been awesome.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Wow, I just watched Punisher: Warzone.

Wow.
    =/

devoir on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    I loved that movie. Another 'laugh so hard you cry' flick, just like the final action scene of Rambo. So many ridiculous moments in Punisher...

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    i thought you died.

Angry on
  • Options
    edited February 2009
    devoir wrote: »
    Wow, I just watched Punisher: Warzone.

Wow.
    =/

I almost walked out after
    Wayne Knight bit it. If it had been earlier in the film, instead of 5 minutes before the credits, I'd have been out.

And the scene that hit me the hardest was the room full of Italian mafioso stereotypes right at the beginning. It was so ridiculous that I couldn't help but laugh and laugh. No other moment got to me as much, so it was steadily downhill from there.

HadjiQuest on
This discussion has been closed.