As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

cell phone in europe?

BarcardiBarcardi All the WizardsUnder A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
Ok,

i am a not so dumb american going over to visit some friends in europe soon. But i need a cell phone. I have heard that in europe you just buy a cell phone over there and just switch out SIM cards when you switch countries. Is this true, and easy? Or would it just be easier to get a unlocked phone to use for a month over in the EU?

Barcardi on

• Options
    VisionOfClarityVisionOfClarity Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Barcardi wrote: »
    Ok,

i am a not so dumb american going over to visit some friends in europe soon. But i need a cell phone. I have heard that in europe you just buy a cell phone over there and just switch out SIM cards when you switch countries. Is this true, and easy? Or would it just be easier to get a unlocked phone to use for a month over in the EU?

I got a cheap phone from STA that worked for me. I was in the UK, Germany, Holland, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, and a few other countries in the region and my phone worked everywhere.

VisionOfClarity on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Looked into that and it includes france and italy so that was exactly what i wanted... gsm 900/1800 too, thanks!

Barcardi on