Options

Hello, I'm a [Mac Thread]

1293031323335»

• Options
    mr weenismr weenis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lewisham wrote: »
    mr weenis wrote: »
    so, here's a question. i set my screensaver to show my itunes artwork and set all the "options" sliders all the way to the left. then the screensaver/desktop window crashed and now whenever i go back to it, it crashes before i can do anything. any suggestions?

Delete the preferences file in Home/Library/Preferences.

It's either com.apple.System Preferences or com.apple.Desktop or com.apple.Screensaver. I can't be bothered to find out which of those exist :) One of them does.

Make sure System Preferences is closed when you do that.

that sounds scary. will it just reset my preference or what?

mr weenis on
    Nickle wrote: »
    972 dicks is a lot of dicks. :(
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I been loving my macbook since I got it, but really enjoying using it for school.

With wi-fi turned off, and screen at half power I get about 7 hours of battery life, which is awesome. And Schoolhouse is really useful.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Everything will revert to the defaults for System Preferences, so you'll have to set them up again, but deleting preferences files is a good way of fixing things that crash on startup. You may have to do it quite regularly. If you delete a program's prefs in there, it will populate a new file with the defaults next time you start it. System Preferences is just a program like any other, it just twiddles certain knobs in Mac OS X. It won't break anything, although it seems important.

Lewisham on
  • Options
    mr weenismr weenis Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Lewisham wrote: »

Everything will revert to the defaults for System Preferences, so you'll have to set them up again, but deleting preferences files is a good way of fixing things that crash on startup. You may have to do it quite regularly. If you delete a program's prefs in there, it will populate a new file with the defaults next time you start it. System Preferences is just a program like any other, it just twiddles certain knobs in Mac OS X. It won't break anything, although it seems important.

hm. well, i deleted it and my desktop reset its self, but i opened up the desktop/screensaver thing again and it just crashed again...

mr weenis on
    Nickle wrote: »
    972 dicks is a lot of dicks. :(
  • Options
    DharmaBumDharmaBum Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    I think theres something wrong with my iTunes.

It's been loosing album artwork recently, along with not reconizing my iPod. Also sometimes theres problems with all my podcast feeds, even though I am connected to the internet.

anyone have any ideas?

DharmaBum on