As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] No chat, only war. And /special.

• Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    aunsoph wrote: »
    I... I just got my code from an @eastorecodes.co.uk address.
    Beta Access

To join the fight, first register and download the beta client at Fileplay. Then enter the BETA code below at War-Europe.com to activate your account.

Um... I'm not European. Is this... is this normal? o_O

Should I at least download the Client File? Or will I have to open yet ANOTHER ticket?

This just take me to WAREU page, where the hell do I enter an EU key?

Fuga on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Avynte wrote: »
    I've been playing order all afternoon today and only running into goons as destro in the scenarios. Open field rvr is kinda empty right now, prolly will pick up later in the evening.

Kinda meh about the whole situation especially if it's going against both SA + SG on the same side...*sigh* let the zerg commence.

Heh, on launch I can guarantee that won't be the case. The Goons and Strum have a....history.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hillean wrote: »
    Selner wrote: »
    Space the stuff out, tie it to Tome stuff maybe. Like say you can purchase the Helm and Boots after killing XXX Empire, the Gloves and Belt after killing XXX Elves, the Arms and Cloak after XXX Dwarfs.
    Then you get the Chest pieces after killing all three.

Couldn't really do it that way, it would penalize those who only stay in their general area, aka Greenskin vs Dwarves/Empire vs Chaos/DE vs HE.

But I could see tome unlocks on different sorts of armor after xxx kills, xxx scenario wins, etc.

There are tome unlocks for being killed by certain classes, right?

It'd be cool if there were similar/reversed titles for killing members of other classes (Killed a Witch Hunter: Judgmental)

There are tome unlocks for killing opposing classes--like when you kill all of the caster classes, you get a title, etc.

I've received 3-4 of them so far, so they're definately there.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    God I just found out about the PW+ happening after I'd already arrived at work. Not that it would have mattered, since I wouldn't have had any time to play before work, but at least I coulda got it patched... maybe.

So are the Mouths really going to stick with Todbringer for the whole OB if the Goons and these other large guilds are also there? It's still the first day... I'd think there was time to reconsider this before everyone really gets settled.

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If you want to do scenarios as Order, I would highly recommend either waiting until a substantial number of us get into the server to make guild groups or going to another server, because most of the Destro I've played against have been at least half organized groups, so pugging is painful right now.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So who can invite to TSM?

Zek on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok - I went to Target, bought the 0.99 beta/headstart/coupon thingee, and entered all of my information at the WAR/Mythic account page. Can someone link me to the torrent file for beta? Thanks!

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So wait...open beta started?

Crayon on
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    No. Those dirty cunts are letting the preview weekend people in again early.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DOH. That sucks. I thought I was going to have to cancel my weekend plans, hah.

Crayon on
  • Options
    VGChampionVGChampion Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok - I went to Target, bought the 0.99 beta/headstart/coupon thingee, and entered all of my information at the WAR/Mythic account page. Can someone link me to the torrent file for beta? Thanks!

Yeah, if someone could post a link I'd appreciate it also. I got a copy from Target today as well and entered my info on the Warhammer site and when trying to download the client from File Planet I just get 403 Forbidden errors. D:

VGChampion on
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    VGChampion wrote: »

Yeah, if someone could post a link I'd appreciate it also. I got a copy from Target today as well and entered my info on the Warhammer site and when trying to download the client from File Planet I just get 403 Forbidden errors. D:

http://torrent2.eamythic.com/WarBeta.torrent

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Vi Monks wrote: »
    VGChampion wrote: »

http://torrent2.eamythic.com/WarBeta.torrent

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLC73DB7jE8

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuga on
  • Options
    AeonfellAeonfell Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So do we have a fair amount of candymancers going Order on Todbringer, or what?

This was gonna be my "play destro one phase so order's fresher at release" too, but I just hate these numbers.

Anti-zerg 4 lyfe.

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Todbringer says it has a high population for both sides now, btw.

Accualt on
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aeonfell wrote: »
    So do we have a fair amount of candymancers going Order on Todbringer, or what?

This was gonna be my "play destro one phase so order's fresher at release" too, but I just hate these numbers.

Anti-zerg 4 lyfe.

The Candy will be sweetining things up on Todbringer. I'm probably going to pass out for a few hours first, myself.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I would say order from somewhere other than the EA store. Contacted them and appearantly you wont get an email with your code until tomorrow. I asked why then wasn't I charged tomorrow, and she said "Uhm I dunno". Any place actually send you your code immediately after you purchase the digital copy of the game?

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    acronomiconacronomicon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ED! wrote: »
    I would say order from somewhere other than the EA store. Contacted them and appearantly you wont get an email with your code until tomorrow. I asked why then wasn't I charged tomorrow, and she said "Uhm I dunno". Any place actually send you your code immediately after you purchase the digital copy of the game?

Mine was available for use pretty much immediately when I pre-ordered off Amazon a while back.

acronomicon on
    32340.jpg
  • Options
    ShensShens Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

I hear Amazon does. Gamestop takes a few days.

Shens on
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Soon as I get the OB client DL'ed, I'll switch over to the PW+ servers and probably join up with the 'Mancers.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I pre-ordered mine from Direct2Drive, and got the OB and head start + item codes in my e-mail in 15 minutes.

GnomeTank on
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Just to mention a few things from my few hours playing today:

I had no problem passing RR5 while still in Tier 1. In fact, if I remember right, my IB I tried out is R8/RR8 currently. Might only be RR7, but still shows there isn't a cap.

Also, dieing in a scenario has not caused a death penalty that I have seen so far, so that answers that. (Unless it's meant to and just isn't working right, I've sent bug reports for at least 1 skill that has an incorrect duration)

For the RvR equipment, they've completely redone it from what I've seen, at least the Tier 1 stuff and I would assume this is the case for Tier 2 based on their comments. There were different pieces available at different points throughout Tier 1 progression starting at R2RR0 (I think? could be wrong about the RR requirement on that) and going up to R8RR4, by which point you have access to a weapon (or two for classes with options), a shield, boot, gloves, belt and chest piece. You also have 3 accessory options by that point. I'm only rank 8 so I haven't seen what specifically is available in Tier 2 yet.

I'll roll a new character on Todbringer to join my fellow Candymancers later, this first guy ended up on Tyrion since I caught it right at the beginning this morning before the full server list was up.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    abotkin wrote: »

I had no problem passing RR5 while still in Tier 1. In fact, if I remember right, my IB I tried out is R8/RR8 currently. Might only be RR7, but still shows there isn't a cap.

Also, dieing in a scenario has not caused a death penalty that I have seen so far, so that answers that. (Unless it's meant to and just isn't working right, I've sent bug reports for at least 1 skill that has an incorrect duration)

For the RvR equipment, they've completely redone it from what I've seen, at least the Tier 1 stuff and I would assume this is the case for Tier 2 based on their comments. There were different pieces available at different points throughout Tier 1 progression starting at R2RR0 (I think? could be wrong about the RR requirement on that) and going up to R8RR4, by which point you have access to a weapon (or two for classes with options), a shield, boot, gloves, belt and chest piece. You also have 3 accessory options by that point. I'm only rank 8 so I haven't seen what specifically is available in Tier 2 yet.

I'll roll a new character on Todbringer to join my fellow Candymancers later, this first guy ended up on Tyrion since I caught it right at the beginning this morning before the full server list was up.

My fault. abotkin. I will have myself whipped later to make up for it.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Meh, it's cool, I was just psyched to be able to play again, I'd been going through withdrawals lately.

On another note, to anyone who has played both the dwarves and the empire, are there really that many fewer PQ's for the dwarves? I only got as far as chapter 3, but had only found 2 and was making it a point to look for them.

abotkin on
    steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I dunno if it's fewer or just the Empire has that many but if sure does feel like Empire has a tons. Especially with the Windmill and that other one (forget the name) right next to it. Also, those two are just great PQs. The burning windmill is just so cool looking and the one next to it is a lot of fun running around -- I did that a bunch of times when I first got into beta long ago.

Timmer on
  • Options
    piLpiL Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm in as a dwarf named Appilbeard. Who do I need to talk to in order to chat with fellow manipulators of candy?

piL on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So for the open beta will I need to download the one from fileplanet? I'm not in the closed beta but I prematurely went and downloaded the open beta torrent instead of the fileplanet one. I get a screen with login/password but it doesn't patch or anything to open beta. Since I'm not in closed beta will I have to wait until Sunday for it to patch itself or am I using the wrong client?

Crayon on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It won't be an issue for guild groups, obviously, but Nordenwatch is going to be somewhat of a problem Order side thanks to the Chaos/Empire class breakdown. Empire not having a pure healing class means that healing is not going to come often, especially if you're pugging it. Nor do they have a tank, which means you have a part-time healer (when they heal others at all) and two squishy classes.

Chaos, on the other hand, have both Zealots and Chosen, both archetypes Empire doesn't have. When you have a team comprised of squishy DPS and some Warrior Priests who barely heal against a team that's half Zealot/Chosen, it's pretty brutal.

You'd think that it'd be the same way in Khaine's Embrace with the High Elves having a similarly skewed pairing, but compared to the horde of Zealots in Nordenwatch, Archmages seem rare.

Obviously, any race can play in the other races scenarios, but most of the time, barring having a guild, people are going to stick with their racial scenario, at least at first. Now, if they allowed you to queue for any of the scenarios from anywhere, this might not be quite as big of an issue.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Munacra wrote: »
    Dac wrote: »
    *waits impatiently for Amazon to send him his open beta code because he friggin' preordered, dammit*

Your codes will be in your personal media section under downloads in your Amazon account.

S'not there, unfortunately.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    if i were to purchase this today from the EA store, would i be able to play in this pre-release stuff that's going on right now?? when i add it to my cart it says the availability is "pre-order"..so does that mean it's ACTUALLY the pre-order and so i'll get the codes necessary to login early?

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Empire not having a pure healing class means that healing is not going to come often, especially if you're pugging it. Nor do they have a tank, which means you have a part-time healer (when they heal others at all) and two squishy classes.

I agree with the latter part: no Empire Knight is going to be an issue but I'm curious as to the no 'pure healing' ... the WP is as much a healer as any other. Each healer type has their pros and cons. IIRC, the AM/Shamman have the best burst healing. I know the Z/RP are known as the 'all around healers' but WP/DoK I think are better at AOE healing (I'm honestly a little fuzzy on the last group as they're not a role I'm intrigued by).

I do agree though that if I were to guess, mainly at early levels, the players are probably less likely to start out healing well on the WP side as it's a different mechanic and I'm sure they'll get more players who just want to be a melee paladin who maybe heals sometimes ;)

Timmer on
  • Options
    dnilbdnilb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    whooo i'm so excited to try out SH with all these improvements

dnilb on
    dnilb.png
  • Options
    Vi MonksVi Monks Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »
    if i were to purchase this today from the EA store, would i be able to play in this pre-release stuff that's going on right now?? when i add it to my cart it says the availability is "pre-order"..so does that mean it's ACTUALLY the pre-order and so i'll get the codes necessary to login early?

You won't get to play in what's happening right now (Preview Weekend #2) but you should be able to play in the Open Beta (which starts on Sunday) and get early access (which starts on the 15th for non-CE). If I'm wrong about this, anyone feel free to correct me but I think that's how it all works.

Vi Monks on
  • Options
    zenpotatozenpotato Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Burst damage. The WP/DoK just can't heal through it like a Zealot/RP or AM/Shaman can.

zenpotato on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ffUUUUUCK I have no idea what I want to play even after sampling them all and going through wardb

Graaahghghh

Ledneh on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    zenpotato wrote: »
    Burst damage. The WP/DoK just can't heal through it like a Zealot/RP or AM/Shaman can.

DoK + tank guarding him, from what I hear, is pretty tough to beat.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

Meh, it's cool, I was just psyched to be able to play again, I'd been going through withdrawals lately.

On another note, to anyone who has played both the dwarves and the empire, are there really that many fewer PQ's for the dwarves? I only got as far as chapter 3, but had only found 2 and was making it a point to look for them.

There are three PQ's in Chapter 2. The train, the siege engines and the mine.

GnomeTank on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Timmer wrote: »
    Empire not having a pure healing class means that healing is not going to come often, especially if you're pugging it. Nor do they have a tank, which means you have a part-time healer (when they heal others at all) and two squishy classes.

I agree with the latter part: no Empire Knight is going to be an issue but I'm curious as to the no 'pure healing' ... the WP is as much a healer as any other. Each healer type has their pros and cons. IIRC, the AM/Shamman have the best burst healing. I know the Z/RP are known as the 'all around healers' but WP/DoK I think are better at AOE healing (I'm honestly a little fuzzy on the last group as they're not a role I'm intrigued by).

I do agree though that if I were to guess, mainly at early levels, the players are probably less likely to start out healing well on the WP side as it's a different mechanic and I'm sure they'll get more players who just want to be a melee paladin who maybe heals sometimes ;)

That's okay, Bright Wizards are still flavor of the month.

captaink on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like the IB... but the white lion is such awesomeness.

Shabooty on
This discussion has been closed.