As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Justice League Heroes: Dammit, no Kyle Rayner

• Options
    GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Gigaton wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    I want the Gotham and the Batman costume to be directly based off of the movie Batman Begins.

This is where you show your bad taste.

At least there weren't bat-nipples.
    *Shudder*

It would of course have the yellow Bat logo. It just wouldn't be gray. Gray is sort of silly.

I understand that it's supposed to be a target for gunfire, but I've never liked the yellow bat-symbol as much as the grey. I just prefer the simplicity of it.

Gigaton on
  • Options
    Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Crackdown is going to be a sort of super hero game. Running from rooftops to rooftops. I would hope they would have non-lethal takedown guns, but I doubt it. Too much work.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    august wrote:
    DIBS ON SHOE

Bullshit. You have to spin the bottle like everyone else. FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD!!

What about the Brave?

I wonder what other unlockable characters there are?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2006
    Crackdown is going to be a sort of super hero game. Running from rooftops to rooftops. I would hope they would have non-lethal takedown guns, but I doubt it. Too much work.

Shut the fuck up

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Keith wrote:

Shut the fuck up

NO TALKING ABOUT RACE

NO TALKING ABOUT CRACKDOWN

ONLY JUSTICE LEAGUE HEROES AND OR MARVEL ALLIANCE FOR COMPARISON PERPOSES

Speaking of which, why is there no gamecube version of JL:H and why is it limited to 2 players?

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited September 2006
    1) Because it's LameCube

2) Because the PS2 only has two ports and developers get lazy

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Two players? What the hell?

EDIT: What about online support?

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Gigaton wrote:

You guys are expecting too much from this game.

Look at it. It is completely devoid of style and life. They are just throwing this out there because X-Men Legends was popular

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Gigaton wrote:

Crackdown will have two player online coop.

Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Gigaton wrote:

Crackdown will have two player online coop.

Okay, I'll admit it. I laughed.

Gigaton on
  • Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    :x

Kane Red Robe on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    kdrudy wrote:
    I want an Iron Man game that's mission based, but open-ended.

I.e You select "Mandarin terrorizing Central Park". You can fly straight there, or dick around New York, maybe buzz the Fantastic Four. Obviously the Avengers would make appearences.

Any superhero game like that would pretty sweet, and probably work well in the DC or Marvel universe since if you don't clear up something, odds are another hero would be on top of it.

It'd be great if maybe there's like a limit to get to your mission after taking it. Like a ranking.
    Low danger: Take your time. It could be something like "Trapped out at sea, but the weathers calm and beautiful." It'll take a looooong time for anyone to really give a shit and go out there if you don't. Let's say 30 real time minutes before it's picked up by anyone else.
    Medium danger: Bank robbery. About 15 before it's taken by someone else. This would be the shit that's dangerous, but not out of someone elses league.
    High danger: 10 minutes before it goes to someone else. This could be, like, the first type of mission that will not get taken by someone else sometimes and will "fail". Shit like hostage situations.
    Severe danger: 5 minute timer, "We will blow up this city block." Higher chance of no one getting there in time.
    Extreme danger: No timer. Either you embark on it immedietly(It'll ask) or there's a good chance it'll fail. Ultron.
    Story: No time limit.

Of course, there'd be plenty of opportunities for team ups. Beit just with the Avengers(i.e Ultron) or with other heroes(joining the X-Men to take out Nimrod, or the Fantastic Four to stop the Hulk from reenacting his trip to Vegas).

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    You know, I think a Daredevil game would be pretty cool. Keep it very noir and grey/sepia, with the bright red Daredevil costume for contrast. It'd need to be very open ended, with plenty of bounding around around alleys, climbing fire escapes, and doing trick billy club shots by bouncing them off walls and stuff.

Also, a Wonder Woman game with some God of War or Shadow of the Colossus style would be pretty amazing.

Honestly, I'll play pretty much anything with a superhero in it, as long as it's not completely awful.

Munch on
  • Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Munch wrote:
    You know, I think a Daredevil game would be pretty cool. Keep it very noir and grey/sepia, with the bright red Daredevil costume for contrast. It'd need to be very open ended, with plenty of bounding around around alleys, climbing fire escapes, and doing trick billy club shots by bouncing them off walls and stuff.

They were working on that one Daredevil game and it never came to fruition.

Wonder how that would've turned out.

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I want a Lobo game. It's open-ended. No missions... you just run around killing everything...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Eh, this looks kinda crappy, but as long as I can play it with a few friends, I might be up for it.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Sentry wrote:
    I want a Lobo game. It's open-ended. No missions... you just run around killing everything...

That should be a mini game in JL Heroes. Control lobo in a planet an dthen just kill for however long you want.

Lux on
  • Options
    saint2esaint2e Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Olivaw wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Like what Munch said, Im still waiting for the definitive superhero game, and it's not going to be a team game. They're fun, but also limiting.

Obviously, most games would (should) share the same requirements.

Free roaming gameplay. Isn't it funny how the first Spiderman / Hulk (movie) games sucked? Both were linear type games. The sequels, however, were a bit less linear with very large free roaming cities. A new Batman games needs a large Gotham City, or Supes with Metropolis - etc for any other hero with his/her own city.
    The Superman Returns game is going to be free roaming, and I don't know why no one has made a GTA:Gotham game yet. I mean, Batman has like fifty different vehicles, and the bat-grapple, and the hang glider, and his cape-wings. Make the combat decent, make tons of little naturally occuring side missions, add in villain themed gangs so you could have Joker's cronies fighting with Two-Faces men on the streets, and you'd have the perfect Batman game.

I know I'm late to this thread, and this was on the first page of 8, but hot damn this is a good idea.

saint2e on
    banner_160x60_01.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Huntress is an unlockable character

Maybe one of her alternate costumes will be the not-terrible-and-slutty one

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Keith wrote:

Keith what the fuck? Stop having problems with attractive characters in slutty cotumes.

P.S. I'm in Japan. It's pretty rad, guys.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Keith what the fuck? Stop having problems with attractive characters in slutty cotumes.

Can you buy hookers out of vending machines?

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Sars_Boy wrote:
    Keith wrote:

Can you buy hookers out of vending machines?

What? I can't hear you. I'm too busy fucking my vending machine-bought hookers.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    huntressat0.gif

that is a much better and much more practical costume

actually, the more I look at the slutty costume, the more terrible it looks

there's so much skin showing saying "shoot me here"
    the mask is retarded
    four colors that don't mix together
    sports equipment for knees/elbows
    small cape that's pretty much useless
    the midsection is what? black covering her sides, but an open belly!

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Keith wrote:
    huntressat0.gif

that is a much better and much more practical costume

actually, the more I look at the slutty costume, the more terrible it looks

there's so much skin showing saying "shoot me here"
    the mask is retarded
    four colors that don't mix together
    sports equipment for knees/elbows
    small cape that's pretty much useless

Keith, it's not about practical uses.

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    700 sit ups a day.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I like her current outfit.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    I love Huntress, but from what I've read of Birds of Prey (not a lot, mainly stuff after OYL), she's been extremely toned down.

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood was pretty cool. Though that may have just been because the Question was in it.

Munch on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    you got beat to the punch doggie

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    So, Hawkgirl. I guess that makes sense since they definitely seem to be aiming mostly for the cast of the cartoons.

Also, I like Huntress' current costume, I think it looks real nice.

I also honestly don't get all the ripping this game keeps getting. It's an action-RPG by Snowblind, yet everyone seems convinced the gameplay will suck horribly (except journalists who have actually played it, they seemed to like it).

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So, Hawkgirl. I guess that makes sense since they definitely seem to be aiming mostly for the cast of the cartoons.

I also honestly don't get all the ripping this game keeps getting. It's an action-RPG by Snowblind, yet everyone seems convinced the gameplay will suck horribly (except journalists who have actually played it, they seemed to like it).

I think a lot of the negativity stems from the lack of real solid gameplay footage. The only ingame footage I've seen is back from E3, with the Flash and Green Lantern. What it looked like to me was just another generic beat em up, with lackluster character models. But hell, for all I know, it could be a great game. We'll just have to wait and see.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

I think a lot of the negativity stems from the lack of real solid gameplay footage. The only ingame footage I've seen is back from E3, with the Flash and Green Lantern. What it looked like to me was just another generic beat em up, with lackluster character models. But hell, for all I know, it could be a great game. We'll just have to wait and see.
    It's an action-RPG, that whole genre is basically Gauntlet-Plus.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:

Correct. I think a lot of folks are getting tired of the genre, and there is so much more that can be done with DCU (and Marvel for that matter, though they seem to have it together in this department) in the world of video games. What was the last good DC game? The Adventures of batman and Robin? Justice League Task Force? Ok..I was kidding with the last one.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Bad Karma wrote:
    Bad Karma wrote:

Correct. I think a lot of folks are getting tired of the genre, and there is so much more that can be done with DCU (and Marvel for that matter, though they seem to have it together in this department) in the world of video games. What was the last good DC game? The Adventures of batman and Robin? Justice League Task Force? Ok..I was kidding with the last one.
    See, that's the thing though. If you're not sick of Gauntlet-Plus (sick of crack? what?), this could be the only good DCU game.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited October 2006

Don't get me wrong, if there were a DCU Pin-ups calendar, I wouldn't mind the costume

it's just completely impractical

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I guess cheesecake has its place, but that place is not street level vigilantes.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I guess cheesecake has its place, but that place is not street level vigilantes.

It's with insane criminal clowns and S&M cat burglar jewel thieves.

Fencingsax on
  • Options
    jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    54xm9d.gif

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:

Don't get me wrong, if there were a DCU Pin-ups calendar, I wouldn't mind the costume

it's just completely impractical
    You mean, like a superhero costume?

irt game; Meh, marketting has too much influence on development. I lost interest.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2006
    Munch wrote:
    Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood was pretty cool. Though that may have just been because the Question was in it.

that was actually the first thing with huntress as a major character that i read

it's also why all her new costumes bug me, because in that she talks about how the design of her costume was inspired by catholic nuns

now i guess they're inspired by her friend's slutty catholic nun halloween costume

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg