As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ girl thread ] Don't know what to do.

BathTubbBathTubb Registered User regular
edited August 2008 in Help / Advice Forum
So I have been seeing this girl, who we will call "M", for about 2 months now. At first every thing was great. We would hang out and talk a lot. After the first month is when everything went to hell. When ever "M" would have a friend over at her apartment and I was there she would completely ignore me. She would go out on her deck and smoke and talk for hours while I would be sitting in her living room watching tv. I would try to include myself, but nothing would come of it. I have tried to talk to her about, but when I brought it up we got into a big fight about our relationship. This fight is still going on. Any time I try to talk her about anything in the relationship she stops talking to me for days. So I have no idea what to do. I am in uni now so I don't want to pass up anything. Any advice or help will be greatly appreciated.

Steam-BathTubb Xbox Live - Bathtubb
BathTubb on

• Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Honestly, how much is it worth trying to fix what is basically a one month relationship? It sounds like a bunch of crap you don't need to deal with. And fixing it doesn't even seem like an option when she won't even respond to you when you talk about it.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Break up with her, I dated a girl named michelle funnily enough same issue. She isn't worth it and you're too young to deal with her not knowing how to treat you better.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tell her to fuck off. When you let yourself get pushed around, its just going to happen more. Cut your losses and go hit on some freshmen.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Break up seems like the best option there. Honestly, I don't see what else can be done.

Djiem on
  • Options
    DmanDman Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    It sounds like she isn't treating you very well, so I would considering ending it and moving on. If you want to try and keep it alive, just drop the subject for a while and next time she does it, turn the TV off and stand with them on the balcony, listen to their conversation and throw in your two cents where they fit.

If she has a problem with that, tell her to stop double dating, either spend the time with you or with her friend and just leave her place so she can spend the time with her friend if she is ignoring you in favor of her friend.

Dman on
  • Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If she actually cares about you, when you dump her, she will let you know... In a probably very annoying way.

Topia on
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This isn't worth the hassle, as it sounds like you're only being used for the attention when there's not something better to do.

Check please.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Actually ignoring how it sounds and what it seems like she's doing to you. You don't want to continue in the relationship anyways so why is this even an issue.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If you started having "big fights" after a single month of seeing one another then you shouldn't see one another.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Doesn't sound good. But it also sounds like your time together is spent at her apartment just hanging out, yes/no? In which case you're there because you can come over and keep her entertained.

Do you guys go out or does she go to your place any significant portion of the time? Or are you doing all the legwork? This will greatly affect the prognosis.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Octoparrot wrote: »
    This will greatly affect the prognosis.

It shouldn't. He said whenever he brings the issue up they fight or she just shuts down and goes silent. That kind of shit makes it really hard to resolve any relationship issues.

Break up with her and don't worry about it. 2 months is nothing.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    End it and enjoy college with a clean slate free of attachments to a girl who only seems to be giving you grief.

That's my take on the situation, at least.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    FantasmaFantasma Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Looks like you are not very important to her, this kind of treatment tells a lot. Why don't you just finish the relationship?.

I would let her know very clearly I am breaking up with her, and if she is willing to listen (which I doubt) or just ask why, explain with details the reasons in a very calm tone.

Fantasma on
    Hear my warnings, unbelievers. We have raised altars in this land so that we may sacrifice you to our gods. There is no hope in opposing the inevitable. Put down your arms, unbelievers, and bow before the forces of Chaos!
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Fucking grow a pair and dump her.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    OctoparrotOctoparrot Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Octoparrot wrote: »
    This will greatly affect the prognosis.

It shouldn't. He said whenever he brings the issue up they fight or she just shuts down and goes silent. That kind of shit makes it really hard to resolve any relationship issues.

Break up with her and don't worry about it. 2 months is nothing.

I'm just saying if he always has to go to her apartment, he's being used like a tool. If not, just do things outside, like real dates, or at your own place so the problem doesn't come up. Her unwillingness to do the second one would really clinch it.

Octoparrot on
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Drop her and get another girlfriend. If you can't get another girlfriend, get a pet. Its going to be more friendly and give you less shit.

Shade on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, some of you guys are so passive aggressive. At least have one last talk about it.

Straight up dumping someone over that is crazy-person shit. Try to talk to her one last time, and if she continues ignores you, tell her the kind of person you want to be with doesn't do that, and move on.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Straight up dumping someone over that is crazy-person shit. Try to talk to her one last time, and if she continues ignores you, tell her the kind of person you want to be with doesn't do that, and move on.

It's pretty clear that he's attempted more than once. Unless the OP is misrepresenting things, she's used up her chances.

DTMFB.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    i n c u b u si n c u b u s Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Seriously its better to dump her now before you start to get some hardcore feelings for this girl. Its WAY easier to do it now than later and it really is the right thing to because honestly she's not "the one." In fact she shows no signs of being in any way a good partner in a relationship. You just simply have your self a bad apple and you need to toss it out.

i n c u b u s on
    Platinum FC: 4941 2152 0041
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man, some of you guys are so passive aggressive. At least have one last talk about it.

Last time he tried to talk to her was that one last time. Now it's time to move on.

Djiem on
  • Options
    DenadaDenada Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Breaking up with someone isn't passive-aggressive. In this case, it's just the right thing to do.

@OP:
    Break up and move on. Amazingly, life will go on for both of you.

Denada on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    Two months, half of which were crap, are not worth agonizing about. You can do better, so... start doing better. You're not exactly fretting about who gets the good china, here.

ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    AtomBombAtomBomb Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I have stuff in my fridge that is older than your relationship (which is still safe to eat even). If you're having to salvage a relationship at this stage it's not really worth it. Put in some minimal effort if you want, but don't stress about it. If you guys aren't a good couple it's nobody's fault really, it's just not working out.

AtomBomb on
    I just got a 3DS XL. Add me! 2879-0925-7162
  • Options
    EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    She's more interested in chatting with her friend than chatting with you. She's already dumped you; she just hasn't told you yet. Take the initiative and tell her you're moving on.

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    fuuuuck that skank. i hate people that do that. just stop talking to you if they get all butthurt over nothing.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1