As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

G&T: Community Versus Content

2»

• Options
    BranduilBranduil Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    What I found most disturbing about this incident was all the people complaining about the fact that whippy made this call, acting as if he was some sort of niche mod.

I mean, can you really call yourself part of the PA community if you don't even know who the fucking Admins are?

Wow, just wow.

Branduil on
    mcc for admin

I blame Whippy
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Branduil wrote:
    What I found most disturbing about this incident was all the people complaining about the fact that whippy made this call, acting as if he was some sort of niche mod.

I mean, can you really call yourself part of the PA community if you don't even know who the fucking Admins are?

Wow, just wow.

I know, right?

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    The SphinxThe Sphinx Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

You can if you post in G&T. I was here for months before I knew who the admins were (and the first one I knew by name was Alpha, when the server troubles began).

The Sphinx on
  • Options
    SzechuanosaurusSzechuanosaurus Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    The Sphinx wrote:

You can if you post in G&T. I was here for months before I knew who the admins were (and the first one I knew by name was Alpha, when the server troubles began).

So, exactely.

Szechuanosaurus on
  • Options
    rayofashrayofash Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I don't think complaining will solve anything. Nobody likes the changes, but the admins will just shrug it off and say we'll get over it.

I hate the changes, and I hate the way they were brought about. But i'll just post in the D&D Chat Thread from now on. And i'll watch the mods and laugh as they attempt to take care of all the repeat threads that pop up in G&T.

rayofash on
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

Well, this doesn't apply to me, but considering how rarely many of them get around, I don't find it very scandalous that this is the case for some.

Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

I knew about all three of the admins, but knew more about Khoo and Alpha as they actually did stuff.

I have seen Whippy appear in g&t a total of one times to this day; and that was to enforce drastic changes to the subforum without seemingly caring about the other mods' opinions. Which would do very little to actually encourage a growth in the 'community' of g&t. You'll be surprised how close the g&t 'cliques' are to communities, except for some weird defined reason for a difference - random new posters complaining about unaccepting of new people? what? has he not been reading the numerous accounts written by several new posters who liked the megathreads and the chat thread? And how they were welcomed with open arms if they actually spent a week to lurk and familiarize themself with the forum, that's what you people down in SE++ ask of your posters. It works, tried and proven.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I was one of those who did not know whom WhipStitchZombie was.

I have been posting here, constantly, for 2 years.

In that time, Alphamonkey is the only admin I've ever seen in G&T (my stomping grounds).

Whippy admitted that visibility is one of the largest problems on the administrative side of the forums, and will be fixing that.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Athenor wrote:
    I was one of those who did not know whom WhipStitchZombie was.

I have been posting here, constantly, for 2 years.

In that time, Alphamonkey is the only admin I've ever seen in G&T (my stomping grounds).

Whippy admitted that visibility is one of the largest problems on the administrative side of the forums, and will be fixing that.

He fixed that, he made himself known by coming out of the woodworks and making sweeping changes with very little evidence to back up his supposed claims.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2006
    Whippy doesn't have to "back up his claims". He's the fucking admin. This isn't a democracy, he can do whatever he sees fit. However, he takes a lot of time and thought over pretty much everything he does, and y'all could do a lot worse. I'm locking this thread in a minute, because it's not going to be anything other than a hive of needless bitching.

Tube on
  • Options
    KyouKyou Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I'm locking this thread in a minute, because it's not going to be anything other than a hive of needless bitching.
    God forbid some discussion takes place.

Kyou on
    chatbanie5.jpgnowplayingwiiiiiyy2.gif
    Note: I dont have wireless set up yet so I wont be able to add you just yet.
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Whippy doesn't have to "back up his claims". He's the fucking admin. This isn't a democracy, he can do whatever he sees fit. However, he takes a lot of time and thought over pretty much everything he does, and y'all could do a lot worse. I'm locking this thread in a minute, because it's not going to be anything other than a hive of needless bitching.

So he can lie, do whatever the hell he wants, and he's still completely justified in doing it because he's admin? Wow.

If he wanted to nurture a growing community so much, he shouldn't of crippled it.

LightReaper on
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited September 2006

So he can lie, do whatever the hell he wants, and he's still completely justified in doing it because he's admin? Wow.

If he wanted to nurture a growing community so much, he shouldn't of crippled it.
    Welcome to Soviet Penny Arcade!

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I don't see any needless complaining in here. I see people who have decided to voice their opinions to the mods and I think that's a good thing. I don't blame any one mod in particular, I just think for alot of us this was out of the blue and we want to express our dislike for the change that's being suggested.

Is it so wrong that people want to stay in the social circles they have become a part of?

Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The megathreads built charachter.

I've said what I have to say in other threads, I'll just have to accept it is what it is.

Bamelin on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Bamelin wrote:
    The megathreads built charachter.

I've said what I have to say in other threads, I'll just have to accept it is what it is.

Utter bullshit? :lol:

LightReaper on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    He has also been here for an INCREDIBLY long time, even when the forums were just a handful, with one general discussion forum (including the Red Rangers thread :winky: )and the artists corner (or something like this, been ages since those days).

Whippy does know what he is doing people and has been here longer than 90% of you. We've seen bigger and more dramatic changes than some threads being shuffled around in a sub-forum and lived through them.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    BranduilBranduil Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Aegeri wrote:
    He has also been here for an INCREDIBLY long time, even when the forums were just a handful, with one general discussion forum (including the Red Rangers thread :winky: )and the artists corner (or something like this, been ages since those days).

Whippy does know what he is doing people and has been here longer than 90% of you. We've seen bigger and more dramatic changes than some threads being shuffled around in a sub-forum and lived through them.

Appeal to authority.

Branduil on
    mcc for admin

I blame Whippy
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Kyou wrote:
    I'm locking this thread in a minute, because it's not going to be anything other than a hive of needless bitching.
    God forbid some discussion takes place.

Oh shuhs. You're just complaining for the sake of it. This is what, the fourth/fifth thread for discussion of this? No discussion is being done, just bitching and crying. You're going to have to see how things turn out. We all are. Or, you can leave. I heartily recommend it.

LOCKED.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited September 2006
    Branduil wrote:
    Appeal to authority.

Actually, it's an appeal to experience.

Tube on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2006
    I have seen Whippy appear in g&t a total of one times to this day; and that was to enforce drastic changes to the subforum without seemingly caring about the other mods' opinions.

I'm just going to refute this before this grows into yet another unsubstantiated rumor.

Those new rules whippy posted? He didn't write them. G&T mods started writing them two months ago.

Echo on
This discussion has been closed.