As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

ROCK BAND 2: "Peace Sells..." and a Rock Band Tour 4pack

• Options
    LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    midgetspy wrote: »
    I requested an express RMA a month ago and it still hasn't come... and I'm moving on Saturday :-|

give them a call tomorrow.

and a stern talking to.

do you have a tracking number?

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Legacy wrote: »
    midgetspy wrote: »
    I requested an express RMA a month ago and it still hasn't come... and I'm moving on Saturday :-|

give them a call tomorrow.

and a stern talking to.

do you have a tracking number?

They don't give us tracking numbers up here in the great white north. I'll see if I can find the number and call them tomorrow. With any luck the next tenant won't be home when they try to deliver it and they'll call me and tell me to pick it up, hehe.

midgetspy on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ha! Was just about to post those!! Here's the guys Scorehero post on the same subject where he will apparently continue to update with new videos.

After looking at those metal guitar riffs, and when you combine the fact that they are going to score track across all DLC, I have a feeling I will be playing alot of my DLC alot more frequently now....Some of that stuff looks like work.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah...looks like I'll be going back to where I was on GH3, never beating anything on the last tier.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah...looks like I'll be going back to where I was on GH3, never beating anything on the last tier.

Good thing instead of a last tier, you just get more and more tour challenges. :)

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    AmaranthAmaranth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was looking forward to waking up to be surprised by DLC on the market but apparently I was wrong. :(

Amaranth on
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Someone on the RB board claims to have the 20 free. Honestly, this looks legit to me - its got all the tracks from the original leaked list that ended up being the real setlist, AND its got songs that were confirmed through other sources as 'being in RB2'.

But, grains of salt and such:

1. Honest Bob - Tatooine
    2. Against Me! - Stop!
    3. Static-X - Push It
    4. George Thorogood - Bad to the Bone
    5. Blink 182 - Dammit
    6. Free - All Right Now
    7. Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia
    8. Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
    9. Bad Religion - Suffer
    10. Turbonegro - All My Friends Are Dead
    11. The Haunted - Shadow World
    12. Pennywise - The Western World
    13. Rancid - Fall Back Down
    14. Sublime - Santeria
    15. Taking Back Sunday - What's It Feel Like To Be A Ghost
    16. The Breeders - Cannonball
    17. Sepultura - Refuse/Resist
    18. Queens of the Stone Age - No One Knows
    19. The Killers - Somebody Told Me
    20. Harvey Danger - Cream and Bastards Rise

Consider me, overall, psyched.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    JC of DIJC of DI I think we're fucked up. I know I am.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The only thing bugging me with all of these lists that have Bad Religion on them is that 99.9% say the song is "Suffer."

Only problem is that Bad Religion's frontman said that he was working with the masters of Sorrow to get them ready for Rock Band 2.

JC of DI on
    PJWczLu.png
  • Options
    RiginalRiginal Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2008/08/rock-band-2-ful.html
    EW.com has learned exclusively, will be seminal full albums by Foo Fighters (The Colour and the Shape), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar Sex Magik), Jane's Addiction (Nothing's Shocking), Megadeth (Peace Sells... But Who's Buying) and Stevie Ray Vaughn (Texas Flood), along with a specially-compiled No Doubt Best Of collection. All are slated to roll out in the coming months, according to MTV Games.

Kind of an odd source for Rock Band news, but whatever.

Riginal on
    Rock Band (PS3) I don't really keep my list up to date, but rest assured that I have milliards of songs.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    OH MY GOD I JUST FUCKING AHDGHEVCFCKVTEFCKV

NO WORDS.

NO FUCKING WORDS.

BEST ALBUMS EVER.

FUCKING STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN.

FUCKING TEXAS FUCKING FLOOD!!!!

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'm going to play the fuck out of Hey Johnny Park!

So if ANY of these replace Moving Pictures today, I'm fine with it.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Definitely happy with the list. Peace Sells is my number one album-that-has-a-song-in-RB2; the others I'll mostly pick and choose, but amongst them they have so many great tracks (Monkey Wrench and My Hero, Texas Flood and Pride and Joy, Suck My Kiss)

Airking850 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The nature of DLC is that I own 3 of those albums, and am not super excited for some reason. Blood Sugar Sex Magick is an album that I always thought would be great in Rock Band, but wouldn't come out due to censorship issues.

They also have the new RB2 intro movie on ew.com if anyone cares about that.

I know its early, but I still figured there would be a quicker response to this. Even if it was just like the people at the RB forums claiming that Entertainment Weekly is not a reliable source.

Riginal on
    Rock Band (PS3) I don't really keep my list up to date, but rest assured that I have milliards of songs.
  • Options
    Smug DucklingSmug Duckling Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    HOLY SHIT YES STEVIE RAY VAUGHN.

IF THIS IS TRUE, HAVE MY CHILDREN HARMONIX.

Smug Duckling on
    smugduckling,pc,days.png
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ha, that intro video is all kinds of insanity.

quovadis13 on
  • Options
    JonBobJonBob Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, it's like, "Oh. This band on the car again." And then the other car comes up and it's

OH SHIT MORNINGSTAR

JonBob on
    jswidget.php?username=JonBob&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
  • Options
    smokealbertsmokealbert Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Peace Sells... is an excellent album. Very good news indeed. The other offerings are all excellent too. Hope this turns out to be true

smokealbert on
    Xbox GT: Smokealbert
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Riginal wrote: »
    The nature of DLC is that I own 3 of those albums, and am not super excited for some reason. Blood Sugar Sex Magick is an album that I always thought would be great in Rock Band, but wouldn't come out due to censorship issues.

They also have the new RB2 intro movie on ew.com if anyone cares about that.

I know its early, but I still figured there would be a quicker response to this. Even if it was just like the people at the RB forums claiming that Entertainment Weekly is not a reliable source.

Haha - I was the only on here and just kept refreshing because I was like "DAMMIT I KNOW IM UP WAY EARLIER THAN I EVER AM, BUT SOMEONE GET ON HERE TO SHARE MY JOY!"

and I love the RB people - the SAME people who make up blatantly false wishlists, and then debate the validity of them - saying EW isn't a good source (or, "Kotaku is a better source"). Entertainment Weekly doesn't give a fuck about video games. They're not even on the radar 99% of the time. So if they score the name of 6 albums for a video game, they're not running that story unless it came from MTV, or someone else they actually had heard of.

I'd be willing to be if they heard it from Harmonix themselves the wouldn't have run it because they wouldn't know who it was. The 'MTV' is what made them run this.

Also - FUCK "My Poor Brain" is fantastic. Colour and The Shape is the best DLC ever. Game over.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man. While overall this is quite awesome (if true), I do register a few disappointments.

1) I was really, really hoping that Ten and Master of Puppets were going to be among these. Doesn't mean they can't come out later I guess, I just really, really wanted them now.

2) When I wiki'd the track listing for Texas Flood, his cover of Little Wing wasn't on there. +1mil to :(

But...there is a LOT of good shit here. Not which, if any, I will be whole hog, but I will definitely be cherry picking several songs off of each of these. The Chili Peppers album especially has some good favorites. Will Soul to Squeeze be released along w/ it? Wiki has it listed as a B-side.

Edit: Oh yeah....17!

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Man. While overall this is quite awesome (if true), I do register a few disappointments.

1) I was really, really hoping that Ten and Master of Puppets were going to be among these. Doesn't mean they can't come out later I guess, I just really, really wanted them now.

2) When I wiki'd the track listing for Texas Flood, his cover of Little Wing wasn't on there. +1mil to :(

But...there is a LOT of good shit here. Not which, if any, I will be whole hog, but I will definitely be cherry picking several songs off of each of these. The Chili Peppers album especially has some good favorites. Will Soul to Squeeze be released along w/ it? Wiki has it listed as a B-side.

Edit: Oh yeah....17!

I would hope so. I see Soul To Squeeze on my copy, so it should be.

Also - it makes me wonder. My copy of Texas Flood has 3 live songs at the end - Mary Had A Little Lamb and 2 others I cant remember. But I wonder if those will be included...

mxmarks on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    This is now 100% true. There's an announcement in the Rock Band forums that links to the EW article from HMXSean.

Still no word however on this week's DLC.

mxmarks on
  • Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    EW.com has learned exclusively, will be seminal full albums by Foo Fighters (The Colour and the Shape), Red Hot Chili Peppers (Blood Sugar Sex Magik), Jane's Addiction (Nothing's Shocking), Megadeth (Peace Sells... But Who's Buying) and Stevie Ray Vaughn (Texas Flood), along with a specially-compiled No Doubt Best Of collection. All are slated to roll out in the coming months, according to MTV Games.

That is full of win until the end there. "specially-compiled" better mean "all of tragic kingdom plus a few tracks from return of saturn"
    I swear to god I will drive to boston and burn harmonix to the ground if they make me download hella good or hey baby as part of the pack

SaraLuna on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really doubt Blood Sugar will have Soul to Squeeze. It was from the Coneheads soundtrack, and not an original b-side to Blood Sugar. They stuck it on the remastered edition when they remastered all their albums from the debut through Blood Sugar.

Still, color me fucking excited.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I really doubt Blood Sugar will have Soul to Squeeze. It was from the Coneheads soundtrack, and not an original b-side to Blood Sugar. They stuck it on the remastered edition when they remastered all their albums from the debut through Blood Sugar.

I'm also wondering if "Sir Psycho Sexy" is going to make the cut. On one hand it was always on the album so it should, but on the other holy hell it would be edited so bad for the singer it might not be worth it for singing, the other instruments could still be done. So maybe it would be turned into an instrumental? I don't know, I'm just not sure how much enjoyment the vocalist would get pausing every few words and it could really mess with the flow of the song (I hate lyric edits on songs, if you couldn't tell :P ).

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I'm also wondering if "Sir Psycho Sexy" is going to make the cut. On one hand it was always on the album so it should, but on the other holy hell it would be edited so bad for the singer it might not be worth it for singing, the other instruments could still be done. So maybe it would be turned into an instrumental? I don't know, I'm just not sure how much enjoyment the vocalist would get pausing every few words and it could really mess with the flow of the song (I hate lyric edits on songs, if you couldn't tell :P ).

Even if that's the case, just because the game stops the vocal track doesn't mean you're penalized for singing along.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    zeppelinzeppelin Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    wow blood sugar sex magick? it feels surreal. Easily the best RHCP album.
    texas flood is a classic. lenny, anybody?
    wow. i forgive hmx for not releasing moving pictures.

zeppelin on
  • Options
    AngrySquirrelAngrySquirrel Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Even if that's the case, just because the game stops the vocal track doesn't mean you're penalized for singing along.
    Oh I know, but like I said edits like that, where there is a blank space, just bother me and I imagine there would be a lot in this one. I can't see all the innuendo/crude lyrics in that song getting through due to the rage from all the soccer mom's out there that would bitch about what little Timmy was hearing/singing. Now if there had been a cleaned up radio edit, with different words instead of blank spaces, then that would be a little better, but I still wouldn't be entirely happy.

Lyrics for those that aren't familiar for some reason:
    A long, long, long, long time ago
    Before the wind, before the snow
    Lived a man, lived a man I know
    Lived a freak of nature named Sir Psycho

Sir Psycho Sexy that is me
    Sometimes I find I need to scream

He's a freak of nature
    But we love him so
    He's a freak of nature
    But we let him go

Deep inside the garden of Eden
    Standing there with my hard on bleedin'
    Theres a devil in my dick and some demons in my semen
    Good God no that would be treason
    Believe me Eve she gave good reason
    Botty looking too good not to be squeezin'
    Creamy beaver hotter than a fever
    I'm a givin' 'cause she's the reciever
    I won't and I don't hang up until I please her
    Makin' her feel like an over achiever
    I take it away for a minute just to tease her
    Then I give it back a little bit deeper

Sir Psycho Sir Psycho yea he's the man that I met 1 time
    Sir Psycho Sir Psycho yea he's the man that left me blind
    Sir Psycho Sir Psycho yea he's the man he's the man he's
    the man (chorus)

He's a freak of nature
    But we love him so
    He's a freak of nature
    But we let him go

I got stopped by a lady cop
    In my automobile
    She said get out and spead your legs
    And then she tried to cop a feel
    That cop she was all dressed in blue
    Was she pretty? Boy I'm tellin' you
    She stuck my butt with her big black stick
    I said "what's up?" now suck my dick
    Like a ram getting ready to jam the lamb
    She whimpered just a little when she felt my hand
    On her crotch so very warm
    I could feel her getting wet through her uniform
    Proppin' her up on the black and white
    Unzipped and slipped "ooo that's tight"
    I swatted her like no swat team can
    Turned a cherry pie right into jam

(chorus)

Hello young woman that I love
    Pretty punk rock mamma that I'm thinking of
    Hold me naked if you will
    In your arms in your legs in your pussy I'd kill
    To be with you, to kiss with you, I do miss you
    I love you

Lay me down...
    Descending waves of graceful pleasure
    For your love there is no measure
    Her curves they bend with subtle splendor

Now I lay me down to sleep
    I pray the funk will make me freak
    If I should die before I waked
    Allow me Lord to rock out naked
    Bored by the ordinary time to take a trip
    Calling up a little girl with a bull whip
    Lickety split go snap "snap"
    Girl gettin' off all in my lap
    The tallest tree the sweetest sap
    Blowin' my ass right off the map
    Ooo and it's nice out here
    I think I'll stay for a while

AngrySquirrel on
    Live/PSN: IronSquirrel ,, Steam: angrysquirrel
    Battle.net: IronSquirrel#1462
  • Options
    ShlankShlank Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I will probably buy 5 / 6 of those whole hog. I cannot stand Jane's Addiction.

Shlank on
    Shlankx.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    zeppelin wrote: »

I never could get behind this sentiment. It's like when people say Sgt. Pepper's is the best Beatles album, it just baffles me.

Not saying it's not a great album, but Californication was an improvement in every way. I also much prefer Stadium Arcadium, but I fear I might be alone in calling it their best album.

What I'd really love to see is some of their funkier '80s stuff. "Backwoods" please.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    zeppelin wrote: »

I never could get behind this sentiment. It's like when people say Sgt. Pepper's is the best Beatles album, it just baffles me.

Not saying it's not a great album, but Californication was an improvement in every way. I also much prefer Stadium Arcadium, but I fear I might be alone in calling it their best album.

What I'd really love to see is some of their funkier '80s stuff. "Backwoods" please.

That's kinda the big problem. I guess I should have clarified it.

I absolutely love Californication. And I actually believe By the Way was better. But RHCP started in funk/rap/rock/whatever, and BSSM is the result of that genius. It's something you actually can groove to. Putting BSSM and Californication in the same genre would be misleading. They fully moved over to pop by the time that came out.

zeppelin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

That is full of win until the end there. "specially-compiled" better mean "all of tragic kingdom plus a few tracks from return of saturn"
    I swear to god I will drive to boston and suck harmonix off if they make me download hella good or hey baby as part of the pack

Rock Steady was awesome. Just different. I can see why some people hate it.

EDIT: Also "Jane Says", wooo!

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    the Togfatherthe Togfather Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That brings up a good point, where do all these fit in the genre slots they gave us...alternative, metal, and pop.

Metal is obvious.

Alternative...Jane's Addiction?

Pop, No Doubt?

the Togfather on
    The night is dark and full of terrors.
    twit feed
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Where does Dani California currently sit? I imagine Blood Sugar would be in Alternative.

I imagine it wouldn't be too much for them to release a patch that has new genres in it, especially with Rock Band 2.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    BSSM probably would sit in the horrible, undefined genre of Rock.

But even then we could be debating all day over what bin to throw it in and still not be conclusive. So I'm generally fine with rock.

edit: wikipedia says alt. rock/funk rock. protip: they have been arguing for days AND days.

edit2: sir psycho sexy that is me sometimes i feel the need to scream!

edit3: sir psycho sexy will NOT be in rock band. i'm willing to place money on that, unless they just take out shittons of lyrics, but as said before... no way no how.

Deep inside the garden of Eden
    Standing there with my hard on bleedin'
    Theres a devil in my dick and some demons in my semen
    Good God no that would be treason
    Believe me Eve she gave good reason
    Botty looking too good not to be squeezin'
    Creamy beaver hotter than a fever
    I'm a givin' 'cause she's the reciever
    I won't and I don't hang up until I please her
    Makin' her feel like an over achiever
    I take it away for a minute just to tease her
    Then I give it back a little bit deeper

zeppelin on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Genuine thread over at the RB Forums
    So..........The 6 albums announced already and No Metallica??EPiC FAiL,HMX!!!

Riginal on
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Very, VERY cool, I'm enthusiastic about everything except Megadeth. And there's very, very few pure metal albums I'd be enthusiastic about, so this is the best outcome for me.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Riginal wrote: »
    Genuine thread over at the RB Forums
    So..........The 6 albums announced already and No Metallica??EPiC WIN,HMX!!!

Just tossing my opinion in the mix. :D

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    midgetspymidgetspy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    OK so Megadeth, RHCP, Jane's Addiction and Foo Fighters all have one song from their album in RB2, which makes me think those albums will come out after RB2 (seems silly to release it all but 1 song)... so IMO we have Stevie Ray Vaughn and No Doubt to look forward to in the next month or 2.

I will buy No Doubt and RHCP for sure, Foo Fighters and Stevie Ray Vaughn I'll either buy or just pick some songs I recognize, and Jane's Addiction and Megadeth I'll almost certainly pass on. I'll be too busy doing No Doubt voxtar just singing from memory ;-P

EDIT: Am I the only one who wants that RB2 intro video to be a video game I can play?

midgetspy on
  • Options
    GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    ...honestly, I'm disappointed. Mainly because I was really really hoping that if they ever released a RHCP album, it'd be Californication or By The Way. Meh.

Otherwise, it's alright. I'd probably get some of the Foo Fighters one, a couple of Megadeath's and maybe Texas Flood (the song.) Really too bad, though, I was hoping for a better selection for me personally. Ah, well, everyone else seems to like it so at least HMX is doing it right on the whole :D

EDIT: Rock Band forums translation: WTF HMIX NO BY THE WAY EpiC PHAIL!!!!

GimeC on