Options

Question About SE++ Chat Threads

15678911»

Posts

  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    You forgot guys, they can lie all they want and make insubstantial claims, they're allowed to, they are the guys in charge.

    So yeah, whether G&T chat thread was more active or not is irrelevant, they'll still twist the facts to justify their measures anyway.
    Tell me how it would be relevant?
    It wouldn't be, that was my point.

    LightReaper on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2006
    You forgot guys, they can lie all they want and make insubstantial claims, they're allowed to, they are the guys in charge.

    So yeah, whether G&T chat thread was more active or not is irrelevant, they'll still twist the facts to justify their measures anyway.

    a bloo a bloo a bloo

    People are welcome to leave. I like it when people leave. It keeps the circle of life going. But yes, we're all big meanie liars taking your toys away. Leave then.

    Tube on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    You forgot guys, they can lie all they want and make insubstantial claims, they're allowed to, they are the guys in charge.

    So yeah, whether G&T chat thread was more active or not is irrelevant, they'll still twist the facts to justify their measures anyway.
    Tell me how it would be relevant?
    It wouldn't be, that was my point.
    Well, we're not the ones who keep bringing it up! Jesus.

    Thanatos on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Branduil wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I find it weird that this whole move is supposed to foster a better sense of community on the board when it seems to be alienating so many.

    But we'll see how it turns out I guess.
    There are, what, maybe ten people complaining in here? For such a huge community, I hardly see that as "alienating so many."
    Many people have left. That's also a bad use of statistics.
    Where are all these people who have left? Do you have any evidence? Or are we expected to just accept that it's true, without anything to back it up?
    I've actually been to two or three splinter forums full of people who swear they aren't coming back, for whatever it's worth.

    ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    BranduilBranduil Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Branduil wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I find it weird that this whole move is supposed to foster a better sense of community on the board when it seems to be alienating so many.

    But we'll see how it turns out I guess.
    There are, what, maybe ten people complaining in here? For such a huge community, I hardly see that as "alienating so many."
    Many people have left. That's also a bad use of statistics.
    Where are all these people who have left? Do you have any evidence? Or are we expected to just accept that it's true, without anything to back it up?

    IRONY.

    Branduil on
    mcc for admin

    I blame Whippy
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Branduil wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I find it weird that this whole move is supposed to foster a better sense of community on the board when it seems to be alienating so many.

    But we'll see how it turns out I guess.
    There are, what, maybe ten people complaining in here? For such a huge community, I hardly see that as "alienating so many."
    Many people have left. That's also a bad use of statistics.
    Where are all these people who have left? Do you have any evidence? Or are we expected to just accept that it's true, without anything to back it up?
    Off the top of my head, Nfinit Vylence and Filler.

    I don't really feel like dragging this on any longer, really.

    Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    Where are all these people who have left? Do you have any evidence? Or are we expected to just accept that it's true, without anything to back it up?

    I wouldn't quantify it as "many" but I know there's a few on 360arcadians.net. Supposedly there's a DS and Wii splinter forum out there too, I haven't visited them yet.

    Note: I am not agreeing or disagreeing with your point. I'm just saying what I know.

    xzzy on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Branduil wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    Branduil wrote:
    Thanatos wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I find it weird that this whole move is supposed to foster a better sense of community on the board when it seems to be alienating so many.

    But we'll see how it turns out I guess.
    There are, what, maybe ten people complaining in here? For such a huge community, I hardly see that as "alienating so many."
    Many people have left. That's also a bad use of statistics.
    Where are all these people who have left? Do you have any evidence? Or are we expected to just accept that it's true, without anything to back it up?
    IRONY.
    Naw, really? It's almost like I meant it to be ironic, or something.

    You're a sharp one. Nothin' gets passed you.

    Thanatos on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Thanatos wrote:
    I'm not disagreeing with you here, but I find it weird that this whole move is supposed to foster a better sense of community on the board when it seems to be alienating so many.

    But we'll see how it turns out I guess.
    There are, what, maybe ten people complaining in here? For such a huge community, I hardly see that as "alienating so many."

    The amount of people complaining is not indicative of the amount of people who disagree with this current move. Alot of folks, such as myself, have just accepted it and at most we're pleading for everyone to wait and see.

    That doesn't mean that we LIKE it. It means we're willing to try it. (Though I can tell you I haven't felt very welcome in SE++ thus far. But the dust hasn't even settled yet.)

    Willing to give it time doesn't mean we LIKE it.

    Ludious on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I so beat you to locking this one, Tube.

    Thanatos on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2006
    Unlocked. FAG.

    Tube on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Unlocked. FAG.
    :shock:

    :cry:

    Thanatos on
  • Options
    SixfortyfiveSixfortyfive Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    In after the lock?

    Sixfortyfive on
    poasting something foolishly foolish.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I think it's wrong to assume that this change isn't driving people away.

    I also think it's wrong that those people aren't giving this place a chance.

    And I think it's wrong that the mods are being dismissive, when the admin isn't.

    Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2006
    People are welcome to leave. Some people should leave. Such is life.

    LOCKED.

    Tube on
This discussion has been closed.