Options

Moment of The Week 08-27-08

13567

Posts

  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    So who is everyone on the hit list on the last page of X-Force? I only recognize some of them.

    Bastion, Graydon Creed, Bolivar Trask, Leper Queen, Donald Pierce, Cameron Hodge, Stephen Lang

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This week I learned that Teen Titans is slowly turning into a torture porn comic.
    muwkyabs4.jpg

    I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    so fucking awful god damn you sean mckeever

    Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited August 2008
    "I needed a name to post" is a pretty solid name

    DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh wow it got a little dusty in the room at the end of Daredevil

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    So who is everyone on the hit list on the last page of X-Force? I only recognize some of them.

    Bastion, Graydon Creed, Bolivar Trask, Leper Queen, Donald Pierce, Cameron Hodge, Stephen Lang

    i thought cameron hodge was already dead.

    i forgot to pick up the second issue of x-factor and so am now decided to wait for the trade. is it any good?

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Did no-one read Superman Beyond? You'd think Superman teaming up with Overman and Doctor Manhattan on a Carrier - in glorious 3-D, no less - would merit a bit more discussion.

    I thought that SB! had the emotions and the storytelling beats that some folks have been missing in Final Crisis. It was fast paced, but no more (I thought) than the average JLA.

    Doctor Manhattan as in Watchmen, or some other character with the same name? I know nothing about DC stuff.

    Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    So who is everyone on the hit list on the last page of X-Force? I only recognize some of them.

    Bastion, Graydon Creed, Bolivar Trask, Leper Queen, Donald Pierce, Cameron Hodge, Stephen Lang

    i thought cameron hodge was already dead.

    i forgot to pick up the second issue of x-factor and so am now decided to wait for the trade. is it any good?

    all of them were already dead

    Bastion reanimated them using a technovirus he made from one of Magus' offspring.

    and I assume you mean X-Force not X-Factor

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Did no-one read Superman Beyond? You'd think Superman teaming up with Overman and Doctor Manhattan on a Carrier - in glorious 3-D, no less - would merit a bit more discussion.

    I thought that SB! had the emotions and the storytelling beats that some folks have been missing in Final Crisis. It was fast paced, but no more (I thought) than the average JLA.

    Doctor Manhattan as in Watchmen, or some other character with the same name? I know nothing about DC stuff.
    it's basically Captain Adam from an alternate earth that is like Watchmen with the original Charlton characters

    Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Gotcha.

    So I think someone deserves a prize for coming up with the new worst-word-ever with "ultramenstruum". Every time I've seen it my mind has immediately read "ultra semen"

    Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    So who is everyone on the hit list on the last page of X-Force? I only recognize some of them.

    Bastion, Graydon Creed, Bolivar Trask, Leper Queen, Donald Pierce, Cameron Hodge, Stephen Lang

    i thought cameron hodge was already dead.

    i forgot to pick up the second issue of x-factor and so am now decided to wait for the trade. is it any good?

    all of them were already dead

    Bastion reanimated them using a technovirus he made from one of Magus' offspring.

    and I assume you mean X-Force not X-Factor
    you assume correctly sir.

    are they all like brainwashed slaves of his or something or are they just back to life like normal or...do we not know?

    Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    So who is everyone on the hit list on the last page of X-Force? I only recognize some of them.

    Bastion, Graydon Creed, Bolivar Trask, Leper Queen, Donald Pierce, Cameron Hodge, Stephen Lang

    i thought cameron hodge was already dead.

    i forgot to pick up the second issue of x-factor and so am now decided to wait for the trade. is it any good?

    all of them were already dead

    Bastion reanimated them using a technovirus he made from one of Magus' offspring.

    and I assume you mean X-Force not X-Factor
    you assume correctly sir.

    are they all like brainwashed slaves of his or something or are they just back to life like normal or...do we not know?

    from what we've seen they are certainly taking thier orders from him, but I'm not sure how autonomous they are.

    and yeah I like X-Force, crain's art can be a little dark though. Mike Choi is doing the next arc which has me excited.

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    This week I learned that Teen Titans is slowly turning into a torture porn comic.
    muwkyabs4.jpg
    You have got to be fucking kidding me.
    1: Sobek being a horrible killer was an excellent twist. Wonderdog... wtf? Someone just have something against the superfriends? 2: The 'la la la happy training!' panel makes me want to nut punch someone. I'm not really sure why.

    Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Old Man Logan:
    Seeing Spider-Bitch turn on her old pops was just kind of a bummer, I wanted to like her badly (I don't know if you can literally slice someone's head off with a weapon like that but good lord that was awesome) but she had to go and live up to the "bitch" part of her namesake. :|

    I have to say, she was surprisingly creepy.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wanted to like her too! "Thirty six inches to the left of my voice!" And the sliceyness. Then she had to go and be a bitch. Blurgh.

    Edit: Oh, yeah. Anyways, my moment would probably the X-Men Legacy. All of it. It's just so consistently good.

    I liked the Rogue bits too. Yay, yellow and green suit again!

    Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Last page of Superman:
    Krypto is pissed

    krypto.jpg

    Deicist on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    Gotcha.

    So I think someone deserves a prize for coming up with the new worst-word-ever with "ultramenstruum". Every time I've seen it my mind has immediately read "ultra semen"

    I don't know why you read it THAT way and think that's what makes it bad. Just taking the word at face value as being "Space-period" is bad enough really.

    I bet at the end of Final Crisis they'll stop the bleed with an intergalactic tampon.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    frayfray Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Tallus wrote: »
    Last page of Superman:
    Krypto is pissed

    krypto.jpg

    Someone's in for one hell of a leg-humping.

    fray on
    "I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Krypto good boy

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Servo wrote: »
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Sharp101 wrote: »
    So who is everyone on the hit list on the last page of X-Force? I only recognize some of them.

    Bastion, Graydon Creed, Bolivar Trask, Leper Queen, Donald Pierce, Cameron Hodge, Stephen Lang

    i thought cameron hodge was already dead.

    i forgot to pick up the second issue of x-factor and so am now decided to wait for the trade. is it any good?

    all of them were already dead

    Bastion reanimated them using a technovirus he made from one of Magus' offspring.

    and I assume you mean X-Force not X-Factor
    you assume correctly sir.

    are they all like brainwashed slaves of his or something or are they just back to life like normal or...do we not know?

    from what we've seen they are certainly taking thier orders from him, but I'm not sure how autonomous they are.

    and yeah I like X-Force, crain's art can be a little dark though. Mike Choi is doing the next arc which has me excited.

    I like Mike Choi well enough, but he should really just be assigned books with teen characters. He always draws older people so that they look like they're barely out of their teens.

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Virral wrote: »
    Gotcha.

    So I think someone deserves a prize for coming up with the new worst-word-ever with "ultramenstruum". Every time I've seen it my mind has immediately read "ultra semen"

    I don't know why you read it THAT way and think that's what makes it bad. Just taking the word at face value as being "Space-period" is bad enough really.

    I bet at the end of Final Crisis they'll stop the bleed with an intergalactic tampon.

    Actually, I think it's the perfect word:

    The term "The Bleed" started as a joke about the "bleed" in printing, i.e. the space on the edge of the printed image, where you're not supposed to print (either because the printer isn't a full-page printer, or because you need binding material). Thus, it was a pun off the concept of 'space between panels'. When they colored it red, I have no idea if they were intentionally referencing blood, but either way the symbolism is there, now.

    Morrison took the concept one step further, and has told us now that the 'bleed' is actually the flesh of a living organism, containing all the 52 positive matter universes and the anti-matter universe, and that all the universes were born out of The Bleed.

    Frankly, it sounds entirely reasonable to call this the ultramenstruum, as in the ultimate womb. Plus, it has the pun of continuum.

    mattharvest on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Regardless, it makes me think of some sort of intergalactic period.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moments of the Week

    Daredevil:
    "Thank you for making me stand and fight."
    "You're welcome."

    The smile on Daredevil's face as he walked away really got to me.

    Brit:
    "Everyone on this ship is under arrest. Especially the life form currently copping a feel."

    It's the smug expression on the one alien's face that made me laugh out loud. The last panel of the comic was great too.

    JSA
    I'd guessed what would happen a while back, but the new Magog reveal was still awesome. Especially the look on Superman-22's face.

    Also New Avengers was downright creepy. It really got under my skin. Great comic!

    Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Moments of the Week

    Daredevil:
    "Thank you for making me stand and fight."
    "You're welcome."

    The smile on Daredevil's face as he walked away really got to me.

    Balefuego wrote: »
    Oh wow it got a little dusty in the room at the end of Daredevil

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Superman Beyond blew my fucking mind.

    Furu on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Regardless, it makes me think of some sort of intergalactic period.

    That's probably the point.

    EDIT: No, wait, that IS the point.

    Furu on
  • Options
    SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Furu wrote: »
    Regardless, it makes me think of some sort of intergalactic period.

    That's probably the point.

    EDIT: No, wait, that IS the point.

    Seriously? The point is to make me think of a bleeding space-vagina?

    Well, good on them.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    someone just say who magog is and be done with it

    DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Furu wrote: »
    Regardless, it makes me think of some sort of intergalactic period.

    That's probably the point.

    EDIT: No, wait, that IS the point.

    Seriously? The point is to make me think of a bleeding space-vagina?

    Well, good on them.

    It's Grant Morrison.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    someone just say who magog is and be done with it
    The marine dude.

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited August 2008
    Furu wrote: »
    Regardless, it makes me think of some sort of intergalactic period.

    That's probably the point.

    EDIT: No, wait, that IS the point.

    Seriously? The point is to make me think of a bleeding space-vagina?

    See also: almost any creation myth ever

    Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So Last Will and Testament was pretty badass.

    Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Furu wrote: »
    Regardless, it makes me think of some sort of intergalactic period.

    That's probably the point.

    EDIT: No, wait, that IS the point.

    Seriously? The point is to make me think of a bleeding space-vagina?

    Well, good on them.

    No, of course not. The connection of menstruation to a place called The Bleed that is essentially the blood of a giant multiversal organism is entirely coincidental.

    Furu on
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    So Last Will and Testament was pretty badass.

    Until you realize none of it could have possibly happened!

    Furu on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I've heard it described as a comic you could technically read just before any big DC event, like Infinite Crisis or whathaveyou.

    Wildcat on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Also New Avengers was downright creepy. It really got under my skin. Great comic!
    Should I feel bad that I wanted to see them blow clone Franklin's brains out just to see how Reed would react?

    That whole scene was deliciously dark.

    Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Blue Beetle rocked.

    "Large Hadron Accelerator. Potentially fatal."

    "Possible theological ramifications."

    "I did it with science!"

    Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Krypto good boy

    1 gud dog.

    Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Moments of the Week

    Daredevil:
    "Thank you for making me stand and fight."
    "You're welcome."

    The smile on Daredevil's face as he walked away really got to me.

    Balefuego wrote: »
    Oh wow it got a little dusty in the room at the end of Daredevil

    Yeah, I saw. I saw that you sobbed like a little baby. It's cool. Funnily enough, I'd just been thinking that Daredevil doesn't get enough love on this board.
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Also New Avengers was downright creepy. It really got under my skin. Great comic!
    Should I feel bad that I wanted to see them blow clone Franklin's brains out just to see how Reed would react?

    That whole scene was deliciously dark.
    The torture scene really got to me, especially when it really sank in that CloneReed's solution was to grant his wife and child a quick death...

    It also added an extra creep factor to CloneFranklin doing the cute lil' kid routine in the closing pages. Plus by the time they finished, I felt so sorry for poor hoodwinked CloneReed :(

    Desktop Hippie on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah this issue almost made up for the Pym Issue this week.

    Sharp101 on
Sign In or Register to comment.