As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Show: Heroes

1464748495052»

• Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Blackjack wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:
    There is only one relationship in this show where both people involved are of the same ethnicity, and that is between the cheerleader and the freak.

It's not super-significant, I was just thinking about it.

Isn't the freak's super power the ability to be attracted to other men?

Not anymore.

The links broken. Care to spoil it for us?

werehippy on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    If it's the link I'm thinking of, the writers explicitly say he's not gay.

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Blackjack wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:
    There is only one relationship in this show where both people involved are of the same ethnicity, and that is between the cheerleader and the freak.

Isn't the freak's super power the ability to be attracted to other men?

Not anymore.

What? They've been pretty clear that he was intended to be a gay character, and has been written as such so far. Now it appears that someone has decided to retcon his (admittedly closeted) gayness.

Ninto on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yeah it looks like that he was always intended to be gay, though it was never absolutely made clear that he was, but then for some reason they decided that gay Zach was bad and changed a lot of it, including some of the show notes.

My guess is that they planned for a Claire love interest, and the Zach character turned out to be more popular than they originally expected, so they decided to remake that character so that he would be the love interest.

Or it could be that the actor or producers just suddenly got homophobic.

Yar on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    They will probably spin it that Zach has a girlfriend that Claire doesnt know about or something.

Or maybe he is a Eunuch

That explains the lack of "attraction"[but one has an issue with the facial hair] and the "millions of reasons"

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Isn't it obvious?

[spoiler:372b36b955]The Haitian has the power to block teh gayz[/spoiler:372b36b955]

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Senjutsu wrote:
    [spoiler:e2c740e7bb]The Haitian has the power to block teh gayz[/spoiler:e2c740e7bb]
    LAHL!! Very clever.

Zach is Sylar.

Yar on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yar wrote:

Well, the article said that he's played gay characters before...

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    NintoNinto Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Yar wrote:

So maybe he doesn't want to get typecast and miss out on chances to fool around with hot female actresses.

Ninto on
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Yar wrote:

Yeah, and NBC aired Will & Grace. So this decision doesn't really make any sense however you look at it.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote:
    Yar wrote:

Yeah, and NBC aired Will & Grace. So this decision doesn't really make any sense however you look at it.

Well, Will & Grace was funny, with the overblown gayness of Jack, making it very obvious to viewers how much of an exaggeration the whole thing was. Zach, in my opinion, is a lot more believable and real, despite being labeled as a "freak"; plus, the show is a drama.

Network television seems to view gayness as a source of light hearted entertainment, in my experience (I don't watch much television, but this is the impression I get with the popularity of shows like Queer Eye and Will & Grace). Someone like Zach, who is too uncomfortably real, might tickle the homophobe in a lot of the viewership, and in turn, turns the heat up on the homophobe in NBC.

In other words I want all mah gayz suave or liberachi, and on mah tv where ah can't get the germ in the name of the lawd

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Well this shows how fucked my gaydar is. I thought he just had a crush on Claire and that was what kept him around.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    EnwolfEnwolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Yah...I never got a gay vibe from zach, I though he just really wanted to bone the hot cheerleader.

Enwolf on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    Yar wrote:
    Jinnigan wrote:

I think that it is more important to note that until now, no one has even noticed.

P.S. Mr. and Mrs. Bennett.

I didn't realise Matts wife was black or his partner was either. You know somethings going on there. His wife also cheated on him with a whitey.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The queen bee of the cheerleaders called Zach gay and he didn't really defend himself. I feel like if he wasn't he would say something to that. There was also a mega awkward moment when they were both in claire's bedroom and they both seemed aghast at the very idea of dating each other. Like, really aghast. We're not talking 'I don't like that guy much' aghast, it seemed like 'srry lolz i m teh gayz02' aghast.

Zach did seem real. I'd be disappointed if they became an item... it seems like a cheap road to go down.

Wait...

[spoiler:97dfc96eb0] Maybe the mind wipe he got removed teh gayzor? I bet that's how they ungayed those rams in that other post. [/spoiler:97dfc96eb0]

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    sleazye2000sleazye2000 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    lol

sleazye2000 on
    Nerdcore Hip-Hop MC/Promoter: chozo_ninpo
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    The queen bee of the cheerleaders called Zach gay and he didn't really defend himself. I feel like if he wasn't he would say something to that. There was also a mega awkward moment when they were both in claire's bedroom and they both seemed aghast at the very idea of dating each other. Like, really aghast. We're not talking 'I don't like that guy much' aghast, it seemed like 'srry lolz i m teh gayz02' aghast.

Zach did seem real. I'd be disappointed if they became an item... it seems like a cheap road to go down.

Wait...

[spoiler:df06f115ea] Maybe the mind wipe he got removed teh gayzor? I bet that's how they ungayed those rams in that other post. [/spoiler:df06f115ea]

Yeah, those two scenes pretty much cemented that he was gay, in my mind. When the cheerleader called him the name, he seemed really hurt by it, like she knew how to hurt him and did.

Plus, the scene with the two together alone really said to me "I like you as a friend but I'm gay, so, you know..."

What a stupid retcon. Fuck you America.

LavaKnight on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I thought it was made clear somewhere that he was bisexual.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    SlandererSlanderer Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I haven't visited my thread in a few weeks, so I decided to pay a visit, and I walk right into WTFville?

I'm so lost.

Heroes downtime really messes with people's minds, man.

Slanderer on
    Midshipman wrote:
    Looks like the Catholic Church would have fired the Virgin Mary if they had been in business back then.
    Hey, if God had sent an angel down to the principal's office that said, "Don't fire the bitch, the big man knocked her up." I am sure he would have given it due consideration.
    Wii Code: 1231 4448 8299 3147 ((Send me a PM and come join the party))
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    So if someone else is going to kick the bucket my money is on [spoiler:df46fa4388]Simone[/spoiler:df46fa4388] and I say this more out of hope than anything else.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    Jinnigan wrote:

What about the politician and his wife, or the politician and the split-personality girl?

I think it's mostly a byproduct of the cast being a big mix of different ethnicities.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    So if someone else is going to kick the bucket my money is on [spoiler:5ed0de13ea]Simone[/spoiler:5ed0de13ea] and I say this more out of hope than anything else.
    I wish they'd made the cast a little bit smaller. The pacing is very erratic having to wait two weeks before you get the continuation of a story.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    tony_importanttony_important Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hey guys, I just read a newspaper article that said Stan Lee is getting written into an episode for this season

tony_important on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.