Options

Pokémon- You can never catch them all!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wanna play?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Alright. I'll test a bunch of brand new guys on you.

I'm on, took longer than I thought to connect. You still here?

Damn, Speed Racer went away too fast. Anyone else?

I'M LOOKING AT YOU MR. YELLOW DOT

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Alright. I'll test a bunch of brand new guys on you.

I'm on, took longer than I thought to connect. You still here?

Damn, Speed Racer went away too fast. Anyone else?

I'M LOOKING AT YOU MR. YELLOW DOT

I'm here now... an hour later!

This isn't working so well.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm still here but I don't have time to battle as I have class in 20 minutes.

Perhaps in about an hour and 20?

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm still here but I don't have time to battle as I have class in 20 minutes.

Perhaps in about an hour and 20?

I'll do my best to remember!!

In the meantime I'll be playing Zelda TP. I'm finding that I like it a lot more now that I'm not expecting it to gimme an orgasm every five seconds.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Back. Wanna battle?

YOU PROMISED WAHHHH

well sort of anyway

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DAMMIT NOOOOOOOO

Someone came over!

I'm here if you are!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm here yeah

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    OOPS WAIT GOTTA GO DO SOMETHING

Nah I'm kidding, I gotta make sure I have you added then I'll get on.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Phew!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fuggin' Chim-Chim. About the only thing that can live a supereffective hit coming from an attack stat that insane.

Heyy, strategic critical hit as I'm not sure it would have KO'd despite manbearpig's high attack. I had fake out too though.

Good game. That's a pretty tough theme team.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well I lost. Should've been smarter with my Gengar.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Muk kills a hell of a lot of Gengars that think they can KO him with that move, don't worry about it.

Spritle was a bit underwhelming but then it's not really equipped to take STAB returns. I like LasagnaCat so far.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I mean, he's a special tank, not a physical one. I just didn't have anything else to toss out.

I dunno, I'm still considering whether or not I should toss him in favor of Mom Racer, a Gardevoir.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was annoyed that my combo of uberness was stopped so quickly. I had to get some sort of heavy hit on Chim-Chim though.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was annoyed that my combo of uberness was stopped so quickly. I had to get some sort of heavy hit on Chim-Chim though.

I didn't know that Gliscor learned Baton Pass, I thought you were just gearing up to try and somehow sweep with him.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I could have worn down Chim-Chim with Gliscor maybe, but that's assuming no critical hits. That thing hits really really hard if it's 2hkoing Gliscor with a neutral hit, granted this is a slightly less defensive set than the norm.
    Also, Racer X and Rex Racer are the same person, aren't they?

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Do any of you want to battle?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I could have worn down Chim-Chim with Gliscor maybe, but that's assuming no critical hits. That thing hits really really hard if it's 2hkoing Gliscor with a neutral hit, granted this is a slightly less defensive set than the norm.
    Also, Racer X and Rex Racer are the same person, aren't they?
    Yes, but the only other option for a ghost that I know of is The Melange, which wouldn't have been as cool

Also Rockin I'll play you. Gimme a minute to change Gardevoir's nickname and moves around.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    How long will you take?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm already done and online!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I pose a question to you fine gentlemans: I started classes today, and they are boring and dumb and I could probably teach them just as good as these people vomiting text books at me. Do I play Blue on my attractive black DMG-001 with NES buttons, or Leaf Green, because I have a GB Micro and can get away with playing it without garnering too much attention to myself.

On one hand, street cred. On the other, getting made fun of for playing pokemon.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The answer is C: Get a Lite and Diamond/Pearl and get addicted like the rest of us.

But Leaf Green is basically Blue with all/most of the problems fixed, so I'd say go with that one.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If you don't plan to battle competitively, any one will do.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Whoa really Ambipom outspeeds Gengar? Well fuck.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Mustachio JonesMustachio Jones jerseyRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The answer is C: Get a Lite and Diamond/Pearl and get addicted like the rest of us.

But Leaf Green is basically Blue with all/most of the problems fixed, so I'd say go with that one.

E) Contra 4 hasn't left my DS slot since I pretty much bought it. I've played the shit out of Diamond. I might come back to it at some point, but if I have incentive to actually work on my 'mans, then goodbye GPA.

I loves me some Micro, so I think I'll go with that. Ever since my Red cart's battery died in the middle of a 'mans resurgence among my group of friends, I don't have the heart to touch first gen.

Mustachio Jones on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh man, I'll never turn off the power without disconnecting from WFC again! My luck is improving!

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I didn't think that one through!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Think about it, Ladyknight survived a very powerful hit from Racer X, why wouldn't it survive an explosion. from Electrode?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, fuck

EDIT: Doublefuck! Should've gone with Return!

EDIT2: Wait... what? That's really an OHKO against Gardy?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    This is an Outrage.

Wanna battle with different Pokés?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sure, lemme scramble my team.

EDIT: Ready.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mahha Go, go, go!

Are we the only ones who liked the movie?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    RockinX wrote: »
    Mahha Go, go, go!

Are we the only ones who liked the movie?

Pretty much!

It strikes me that I need to watch through my Speed Racer DVDs to get names for my other Pokemon. Is there a way to shrink Inspector Detector down to ten letters and have it still be clear what it's supposed to be? I doubt it, but...

All I know for now is that I need to change Rapidash to TheMelange and Magnezone to Sparky.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, there's also my brother.

I'm ready and getting online.

Edit: I.Detector?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I could battle you when you're done Rockin.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yossarian noooooooo

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fun fact: Meteoro is Speed Racer's Latin American name.

HOLY SHIEK! FUN CRITICALS!

This is for the times your hax screwed my games, hah!

RockinX on
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You know, a part of me wants to go back and aim for that Jolteon with either HP: Ice or Fighting.

Then the other more sane part reminds the first that I went through no less than 50 goddamn Eevees and not one of them came close to acceptable.

But then the first part reminds the second that he took the lazy path and made a Starmie instead, of which both collective parts despite for being much more OU than Jolteon.

I.E.: I want that damn Jolteon, but I am far too lazy to do so and instead made a Starmie in a half hour of which I hate myself for.

Edit: Holy crap, I did not realize that Speed is Mush until the mention of his terror-inducing Yossarian.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dammit Rockin you're supposed to have bad luck! BAD luck!

Speed Racer on