dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Or I could battle you, Emerl.

I just got back I needs moar battles

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Unfortunately, I have to be up for class in eight hours. That's another thing; school will drastically cut into Pokeymans Time, thus enforcing the laziness policy the second side vouches for.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This is probably game.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm wrecking every one of your plans, Meteoro! I'm just glad it's not just because of hax!

RockinX on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yup, game.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Help me hax, you're my only hope!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Why are you stalling so much?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait, what? I thought Flash Cannon did WAY more than that.

OH, right. Boosted defense in a Sandstorm.

And the plan worked anyway! Whooo!

Only, what, 4 guys to go?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I should've put a life orb on Rex!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dang right you should have. It would have died sooner.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    OH COME ON MAGNEZONE WAKE UP!

Aw well, honestly I can't be mad at how this ended. I put up a good fight and that's good enough for me. Good game.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That was an epic battle!! WOW.

Just ONE hax happened and it was mine. MINE MINE MIENE MENEMENUENEUNUEREUU·NURNB

I winneds!

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    RockinX wrote: »

I don't remember how much Life Orb adds to my attack, but if it were enough it would've KO'd Lucario, which was the only thing stopping Magnezone from walling out your other two guys.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I don't remember how much Life Orb adds to my attack, but if it were enough it would've KO'd Lucario

Oh, believe me! It wouldn't have!

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Doz you want to battle then Rockin?

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sorry, Xavier, that battle left me very exhausted. Honestly, it was that intense.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    WAT

Dammit, I need more battles. Hopefully Ink will show up or something.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Am I crazy, though? I could've sworn I remembered sleep hardly ever lasting more than a turn, two max.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    But maaaaan I was really hoping I could win so I could quote that post where you're all "why are you stalling so much" and be all like "OH WHAT NOW SUCKA." But it was not to be!

Also, is there any stupid bullshit behind how to catch all of the Unowns that I need to know? I need to get 'em for the ball seals.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    But maaaaan I was really hoping I could win so I could quote that post where you're all "why are you stalling so much" and be all like "OH WHAT NOW SUCKA." But it was not to be!

Also, is there any stupid bullshit behind how to catch all of the Unowns that I need to know? I need to get 'em for the ball seals.

Yeah there's some stupid bullshit. I think you can only get certain letters by figuring out the code on the walls or something. F-R-I-E-N-D

Also to respond to dingus ahead of time - not right now, sorry.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    BAH.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    BlueBlue wrote: »

Yeah there's some stupid bullshit. I think you can only get certain letters by figuring out the code on the walls or something. F-R-I-E-N-D

Isn't that how you do it in GS? In DP when you walk into the Unown dungeon you're given instructions on how to get to the bottom, where you get a nice message about friendship.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have no idea about that. But I think I've heard that those letters are only available in certain rooms, which are along the path...or not? I can't really remember.
    I'M HELPFUL

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited September 2008

1.Yeah there's some stupid bullshit. I think you can only get certain letters by figuring out the code on the walls or something. F-R-I-E-N-D

2. Also to respond to dingus ahead of time - not right now, sorry.

1. So THAT'S why I wasn't able to catch 'em all. Bah.

2. I lol'd.

Pie, sleep lasts from 1 to 5 turns. But it lasts 2 turns (1 if it has Early Bird) if you use Rest.

Isn't that how you do it in GS? In DP when you walk into the Unown dungeon you're given instructions on how to get to the bottom, where you get a nice message about friendship.

In GS you have to unlock them by solving some sliding puzzles. I don't remember much how it happened in Crystal, but it may have been different. I know that you could open passages with messages written with Unowns.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh also ? and ! can only be gotten after you get the rest of them, in the ruin maniac thing...that thing where that guy is digging a tunnel?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man I really hope Platinum gets this place jumpin' again. Remember the days of 64 man tournaments, busting Nozz and Munkus getting mad at me for offering constructive criticism? Those were good days.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh man! I do remember munkus getting mad. You were like "pretty predictable" and he freaked out. MEMORIES

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ah, I do remember that.

Man those were the times. It's making me more willing to breed new Pokés to remember what happened last year in these threads.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man, Blue, that was really unnecessary.

Edit: But now that you've linked it! I found this one post very funny:
    Saying "With all due respect" does not mean you get to say whatever you want.

Calling someone a lucky son of a bitch isn't always the politest thing either.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Honestly I'm not sure what surprises me more, that we had enough active players to do a 64 man swiss tournament, or that I actually managed to organize it with few to no problems.

Jeez, remember back when we had the Pokemon discussion thread, the PokeMart thread, and then a separate thread for the tournaments?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

For the benefit of the people not around for the golden age of pokemon! Man I am now re-reading the whole nozz controversy. It is good times!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008

For the benefit of the people not around for the golden age of pokemon! Man I am now re-reading the whole nozz controversy. It is good times!

You too?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh man, Blue, can you link me to that? I kinda want to read it too. So much PokeDrama

EDIT: Nevermind, thanks Rockin!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Here's where it starts -
    Watch my beautiful failure! My fallen adversaries, question how you could have lost to such a novice! Oh ho ho ho!
    Bottom of that page. I just wanted to quote that line because I think I'm great.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So I'm still playing Red in my spare time. Where can I level up for the Elite Four? Level 45 Onix in Victory Road aren't doing anything for me.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    ...and...finished! Man, good times. Hahahaha, wow.

PA is so classy! More people spoke in support of me than I thought would, regarding the possibility of me fudging my numbers. So, thanks, everyone!

edit: can't you just fight the elite four themselves? I recall a strategy being: spend all your money on hyper potions, fight the elite four, repeat until victory.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fighting every trainer along the way as well. And a balanced team will help a lot, too.

I beat the Elite Four with few hyper potions and revives (or pieces of energy, like it says in Japanese) with a Raichu, a Vaporeon, a Raticate, a Zapdos and there could have been something else but I forgot. If I could with such an awful-sounding team, you can, too.

RockinX on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The first guy's first Pokemon practically one-shotted my whole team. They're only level 40. I just need some levels.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man I kind of talked like an asshole back then.

Seriously though, this game was so fun when you could hop onto the forums every night and there were like 20 people wanting to play. Used to be a time when it was confusing to see the Pokethread on page 2. I really hope Platinum brings at least a little bit of that back.

Speed Racer on