Options

Pokémon- You can never catch them all!

• Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm guessing you'll see the old sprite and everything else will be the same. Maybe it will be a funny color to distinguish the types?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Those of you with My Pokemon Ranch: if you drop a Pokemon off from a cart, say, Diamond, can you pick it up on a different one? i.e. can it be used as a medium to transfer Pokes from game to game easily without requiring an additional DS? I ask because if/when I get Platinum I'm going to want to transfer certain Pokes to make myself a sweet team.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Damnit, I didn't want to buy ranch, but if you can pull that kind of thing I'll have to pick it up.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Only the save file that dropped off the poke can withdraw it.

"This means that if a Pokémon is placed on the ranch, only the game from which it was placed onto the ranch may take the Pokémon back off it. This prevents people storing Pokémon and starting a new game - something for which previous storage titles were quite useful." --Bulbapedia

Push Button / Receive Cat on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    My ten dollars remains safe, for the moment.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Racer X is also going to end up being a girl, because fuck if I'm going to spend another two hours on breeding to get a male Starly with a 30 in both ATK and Speed.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hmm this thread title.

The next Pokemon game will utilize an automatic creature creator like Spore to make infinite numbers of Pokemon so you can literally never catch them all.

Also wow Pokemon is in the firefox dictionary.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Racer X is also going to end up being a girl, because fuck if I'm going to spend another two hours on breeding to get a male Starly with a 30 in both ATK and Speed.

Sounds more like Racer D.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    If Staraptor were a little less intimidating I'd actually name it Trixie instead, especially what with the whole flying thing.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I was going to offer to make this thread last night but I had to go to bed.

One day I will do it.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    One day I will also do it.
    I thought about it but ink had already said he was going to make.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    GigatonGigaton Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'd really like to make an Eeveelution team, but they seem so gimmicky and have so many shared weaknesses. What do you guys think?

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Gigaton wrote: »
    I'd really like to make an Eeveelution team, but they seem so gimmicky and have so many shared weaknesses. What do you guys think?

I thought about it, but then I realized that their movepools all suck and half of them are good for Baton Passing and little else. That and I won't let a squirrel be my team's obligatory Fire-type.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yeah baton pass is pretty much the only hope.
    Get an acid armor onto espeon and start calm minding and you could probably do well.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I have a few ideas with a baton pass team that could be pretty potent given the right situation. And just imagine how embarrassing it would be for the opponent to get beaten by a bunch of elemental foxes.

It could be something to work on when I get bored...

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Strike while the iron is hot! Right now the right situation is "fighting ink".
    He's going to get a phazer one day, don't miss your chance!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    He has a hazer, he just doesn't use it much.

A Baton Pass team can be quite potent yeah. Though if it's only Eeveelutions not as much.

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    So, I figured out who I want to be Spritle:

352-m.png

I needed a special tank for this team and I've been wanting an excuse to give this thing a crack for a while now.

Right now I'm looking at making it:

Careful
    @Leftovers
    -Toxic
    -Sucker Punch
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    252 HP/128 SPDEF/128 ATK

But I'm not entirely sure yet. Thoughts? Stealth Rock might be the better option over Toxic, and I'm not totally sold on using him to SubPunch yet.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sucker Punch/Sub/Focus Punch is a great combo, I'd keep that. I'm thinking that coupled with his ability and sp.def would force some switches. So maybe go with SR.

Oh and I just found out Leafeon learns his best STAB move at lv. 71...

Fuck that.

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    hahaha, yeah leafeon was good times. And then he's not really that good! Damn you, leafeon! Low special defense + weakness to ice = calamity.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    All right, full Speed Racer team:

Speed Racer- Electrode
    @Focus Sash
    Hasty
    -Thunderbolt
    -Thunder Wave/Mirror Coat, not sure yet.
    -Taunt
    -Explosion
    252 SPATK/252 SPEED

Racer X- Staraptor
    Jolly
    @Choice Scarf
    -Brave Bird
    -Close Combat
    -Return
    -U-Turn
    252 ATK/252 SPEED

Rex Racer-Gengar
    Timid
    @Expert Belt
    -Shadow Ball
    -Thunderbolt
    -Energy Ball
    -Sludge Bomb
    252 SPATK/252 SPEED

Pops Racer-Machamp
    @Life Orb
    Adamant
    -Dynamicpunch
    -Stone Edge
    -Payback
    -Earthquake
    I don't remember the EVs but I think they're 252 ATK/128HP/128DEF.

Spritle-Kecleon

Careful
    @Leftovers
    -Toxic/Stealth Rock
    -Sucker Punch
    -Substitute
    -Focus Punch
    252 HP/128 SPDEF/128 ATK

Chim-Chim-Ambipom
    Jolly
    @No idea
    -Fake Out
    -Aerial Ace
    -Double Hit
    -Swagger/Thief/something.
    I dunno, I guess 252 ATK/252 SPEED?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Seems to be a lack of defense. But I suppose there are some problems that you can't avoid with these theme teams?
    That Gengar seems boring. Sludge Bomb is useless and Energy Ball probably won't be to useful either.
    Machamp has slightly higher Sp.Def than Physical, so maybe those EVs should be switched over?
    Most Ambipoms I've seen have a Life Orb or Choice Band. Also U-Turn. Don't use Thief when it can use Covet. But Pursuit is probably best.
    I wonder if Kecleons ability works through the Sub. With a lack of Defense on the team I think Stealth Rocks would be better than Toxic.
    Pursuit might be better on Staraptor than Return. I guess Double Edge is interesting to, but it doesn't need two different ways to kill itself.

So those are my only nitpicks. It's a nice team. I'd like to see you use the Pokeball seals in some interesting way.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sludge Bomb is underrated. Slap a Choice Specs on Gengar and it will OHKO Weaviles silly enough to switch in, expecting an easy kill. Alternatively, use Choice Scarf to score some easy kills yourself. Staraptor can take advantage of Choice Band, but if you prefer Scarf make it Adamant.

Machamp can use some speed to outrun stuff lingering around the 200 mark. Rest can be put in Atk and HP. Choice Band makes him devastating, but Expert Belt is an option if you dislike Choice items. Ambipom can snatch Life Orb in that case.

Kecleon is an interesting choice. Faustum used that exact set on his Cacturne and it was a pain to deal with. Sand Veil made it ten times worse. I'm not a fan of 252/128/128 spreads, but then again I'm not familiar with the arts of the chameleon.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Seems to be a lack of defense. But I suppose there are some problems that you can't avoid with these theme teams?
    That Gengar seems boring. Sludge Bomb is useless and Energy Ball probably won't be to useful either.
    Machamp has slightly higher Sp.Def than Physical, so maybe those EVs should be switched over?
    Most Ambipoms I've seen have a Life Orb or Choice Band. Also U-Turn. Don't use Thief when it can use Covet. But Pursuit is probably best.
    I wonder if Kecleons ability works through the Sub. With a lack of Defense on the team I think Stealth Rocks would be better than Toxic.
    Pursuit might be better on Staraptor than Return. I guess Double Edge is interesting to, but it doesn't need two different ways to kill itself.

So those are my only nitpicks. It's a nice team. I'd like to see you use the Pokeball seals in some interesting way.

Oh shit I totally forgot about the Pokeball seals!

The Machamp is pretty old, he's from the very first team I made, which is why I can't remember his exact EV distribution.

Defense is currently my biggest issue too. I'm thinking of dropping Ambipom for another wall, but I mean, how can you have a speed racer team without Spritle and Chim-Chim? I've also been considering replacing Machamp with Snorlax in the Pops role, but Machamp honestly fits better.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I once considered trying out a Kecleon with Magic Coat/Sucker Punch/two other moves I've forgotten. Magic Coat there obviously to try to steal various stat up moves like Swords Dance, Sub, etc. Requires a heck of a lot of prediction though, and most things will just try to squish the odd little lizard.

There's nothing wrong with trying out a full on offense team! It usually works better if the team does have a few bulkier members than those, though. How about trying out Slaking instead of Ambipom for Chim Chim? Say it got steroids or something!

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Aggril wrote: »
    I once considered trying out a Kecleon with Magic Coat/Sucker Punch/two other moves I've forgotten. Magic Coat there obviously to try to steal various stat up moves like Swords Dance, Sub, etc. Requires a heck of a lot of prediction though, and most things will just try to squish the odd little lizard.

There's nothing wrong with trying out a full on offense team! It usually works better if the team does have a few bulkier members than those, though. How about trying out Slaking instead of Ambipom for Chim Chim? Say it got steroids or something!

I like this, because I've been meaning to make a Slaking for a while now! Good thing I haven't made Ambipom yet.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Er, when you say Magic Coat do you mean Snatch, Aggril? Because Magic Coat reflects status and stat reducing moves back at the user (I use it on my lead Pory-Z). I think Snatch does what you describe.

If you're lacking in physical defense you could give Machamp Resttalk as he's actually pretty bulky and works well with a defensive set. Keep Ambipom IMO, he's cool.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You know, I really don't get why people like Resttalking. a 1 in 3 chance of fucking yourself over are not odds that I care to bet on!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Also Ashton should show up and tell me that Mirror Coat on Electrode is a good idea.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    DO EET. Dynamicpunch's confusion means that the opponent will waste a turn as often as you do.

And it's probably not worth the slot, electrode usually is getting physical hits thrown at it as its only weakness is almost always physical. Plus many common special attackers are weak to Thunderbolt.

THUNDAR WAVE USEFUL

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Actually come to think of it, I may have thought about trying both Snatch and Magic Coat. But I did mean Snatch, given that Magic Coat does indeed not do the 'steal opponent sub' thing. I never bred the Kecleon after all, I think it was one of the ones I messed with in the Shoddy battle team creator. Doubly hilarious given that I'm at the point in my Emerald cart right now where all those dang Kecleon are blocking the roads.

I'd only go with Resttalk in two circumstances- something bulky like Cresselia or Snorlax, or something that could get seriously boosted by Guts, like Resttalk Heracross. Sleep talk does give you something to do with a Pokemon that gets slept instead of just hoping it eventually wakes up, though. I'd only take it if you don't mind losing a move (or two, if you take Rest as well).

Aggril on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Don't forget Milotic activating Marvel Scale with RestTalk. That bitch is hard to take down.

Gigaton on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Kecleon is now my new favorite Pokemon solely because of how nice the breeding RNG is being to me about making it. Within 5 minutes I got two parents who between the two of them have 6 31s.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It occurs to me that my metagross should be hard man rather than metal man. Bullet Punch! Earthquake! How could I have been so blind? Lucario can be metal man if I ever make one.

In unrelated news, I need an iv check, is anyone available?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    It occurs to me that my metagross should be hard man rather than metal man. Bullet Punch! Earthquake! How could I have been so blind? Lucario can be metal man if I ever make one.

In unrelated news, I need an iv check, is anyone available?

I was going to breed some more Growlithes tonight BlueBlue. I'm busy right now, but I'd be willing to help you out later.

Also Metagross would be a great Hard Man.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Magnet Rise messes him up! It's uncanny!

edit: nm on iv check

hp 67!...electric
    Well, doesn't matter anyway, having to choose between a good parent and a fluke correct nature...going for the parent
    aaand my ditto has shit ivs. this will be tedious.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ok! Results! Top 4 bronzors:
    00/10/27/05/31/04
    20/25/12/04/31/03
    07/30/16/19/31/18
    30/28/12/25/26/06

All sassy, and I thought all levitate but that last one is actually heatproof. Anyway I'm going with the second one, if anyone wants the rejects lemme know. They will have nicknames.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Name it 'Bronzomg'.

Ha ha har har man I'm funny.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    That is much more clever than the names I actually gave them.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Name it 'Bronzomg'.

Ha ha har har man I'm funny.

And... stolen for use when I get around to making my Bronzong.

Terrendos on