Options

Pokémon- You can never catch them all!

• Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hop online, just caught the sixth one.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All right just a sec. Are we trading or battling first?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Trading first.

RockinX on
  • Options
    dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sometimes my computer thinks it's funny to repeatedly crash.

Hold on, getting on.

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm online, Go.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aw, he doesn't have the right ability. Oh well, he'll be awesome breeding fodder.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All right, Tell me if it doesn't seem to be working out though.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fuck, that critical hit would have been more useful last battle >:·C

I wanted it to survive so I could boost my stats :(

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Darn ol' crits...

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Anyone mind loaning me a Macho Brace on a Pokemon with Pokerus (I could give it back after it has spread around). I can offer Heart Scales, Shards, whatever 6 Battle Points can get, and a bunch of TMs if you would like any of that.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hooo, that took a long time. Managed it eventually though.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay, come on now.

Edit: Wait... what?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Rematch? These criticals were way too intrusive.

Edit: And you're still winning.

BUT I WON. I love Tatsu.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DAMN! So close. I really need to make a new Racer X and make it Adamant.

Sure I'm up for a rematch.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man I totally forgot about Synchronize. Not that I could've really done much about it.

Edit: HURGLE

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Speed, you really have bad luck against me.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    BURGLE

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Unfortunate that Fire Blast missed twice but as long as Focus Blast hit him once my last guy could easily finish Lax off.

You need Crunch on your Lax.

Good game, closer that time. I had to play carefully as I didn't bring quite as good a counter for your team.

Gyarados came close to sweeping me but you shouldn't have left him in to take the Thunderbolt.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Was that one even necessary I mean goodness

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    What's up with that Dugtrio????

And HUCK???

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    RockinX wrote: »
    What's up with that Dugtrio????

And HUCK???

You choice scarfing son of a bitch!

EDIT: HAGEOAHGOESAIHBAOW*YGLANANLNBBLEL

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yah, Seriously PM me and tell me to heart scale it, or I will forget. Again -_-

I'm off to work now. Later folks.

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nerd, I can get you Pokérus and a Macho Brace.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay, great, what would you like?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Same as usual.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Alright, thanks again.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have to infect a poke. Wait online.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    One thing I am liking is that Elvis isn't half as useless as I thought he was at one point. He really shouldn't be in with the failed experiments.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So, is there a list somewhere, of, say, the best wild Pokemon to train for each stat, or should I just look through this?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    So, is there a list somewhere, of, say, the best wild Pokemon to train for each stat, or should I just look through this?

You're better off using the Vs. Seeker. With it you can find a guy with 6 Magikarp, which award speed, a girl with 5 Bidoofs, which award HP, and a guy with two Gyarados, which award 2 Attack each.

For Special Attack surf around in the small pool in the south of the Resort Area. There's nothing but Golducks in it, which award 2 Sp. ATK apiece.

For Special Defense, pick a place that's got a lot of Tentacools or Tentacruels. Basically any place where you can surf is good.

For defense, I personally like Iron Island. Lots of Onyxes and Gravellers.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay, so the rule is that the Pokemon must have gained experience to get EVs? So I can't send out newly hatched Pokemon to die for their EVs? I could use the Experience Share, but then I'd lose the Macho Brace.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Okay, so the rule is that the Pokemon must have gained experience to get EVs? So I can't send out newly hatched Pokemon to die for their EVs? I could use the Experience Share, but then I'd lose the Macho Brace.

Right. What you want to do is put the trainee in front, then switch to someone else to do the fighting.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    HP: Bidoof trainer (Cowgirl Shelley) by the sand ramp just south of Solaceon Town. 5 Bidoofs per fight, each gives 1.
    ATK: Use the Super Rod on the pond just north of the Resort Area (you'll get nothing but level 30-50 Gyarados-2 each)- you must go northeast to reach this pond, and you need a Pokemon with Cut.
    DEF: Oreburgh Mine. Onix and Geodude each give 1, run from the occasional Zubat.
    SPA: Old Chateau west of Eterna City. Only Gastlys and they each give 1.
    SPd: Annoying. Usually I'll either kill Tentacruels or just fight pokemon that give another type my poke needs while holding the Power Band.
    SPE: Magikarp trainer west of Eterna City on the pier. he's the top right guy. 6 Magikarp, 1 speed each.

MINE ARE BETTER SPEED.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Alright, thanks a lot for your adivice, hopefully I'll have the Larvitar ready to go soon.

EDIT: Hey, maybe we should add that information to the OP?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I use the route west from the Safari Zone town and surf for Woopers and Quagsires (HP), the Ruin Maniac's cave for Geodudes and Hippos (Def), and either the cave north from Juvilife for Zubats or one of those routes north of the Battle Tower for Spearows and Raticates (Spd). The rest are the same as the others.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    HP: Bidoof trainer (Cowgirl Shelley) by the sand ramp just south of Solaceon Town. 5 Bidoofs per fight, each gives 1.
    ATK: Use the Super Rod on the pond just north of the Resort Area (you'll get nothing but level 30-50 Gyarados-2 each)- you must go northeast to reach this pond, and you need a Pokemon with Cut.
    DEF: Oreburgh Mine. Onix and Geodude each give 1, run from the occasional Zubat.
    SPA: Old Chateau west of Eterna City. Only Gastlys and they each give 1.
    SPd: Annoying. Usually I'll either kill Tentacruels or just fight pokemon that give another type my poke needs while holding the Power Band.
    SPE: Magikarp trainer west of Eterna City on the pier. he's the top right guy. 6 Magikarp, 1 speed each.

MINE ARE BETTER SPEED.

NOPE. GRAVELLER GIVES 2 DEF EVS INSTEAD OF 1. SAME AS GOLDUCK AS OPPOSED TO GASTLYS.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    THEY ARE LOWER LEVEL, LESS OF A HASSLE TO KILL.

FOR EXAMPLE, LEVEL 10 GEODUDES DON'T EXPLODE IN YOUR FACE ALL THE GODDAMN TIME.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What's nice about gastlys is that they can be beaten without swapping, usually.

I like the exploding guys, I use ghosts as my switch-to poke.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    RavynBlackheartRavynBlackheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Here's where I like EV training:

HP: 5 Bidoof girl (Cowgirl Shelley) south of Solaceon
    Atk: PI Carlos on Rte. 214 (either has Goldeen + 2 Seaking or 3 Seaking
    Def: Ruin maniac's Cave (Nothing but Geodude and Hippopotas, 1 Def EV each no running)
    Sp.A: Gastly in Eterna Mansion
    Sp.D: Tentacruel between Sunyshore and Victory Road
    Spd: 6 Magikarp guy west of Eterna

Works really well for me.

RavynBlackheart on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I should stop breeding shit and start training what I've bred! I've got like 4 babies going on here!

Would anyone like to fight?

Speed Racer on