Options

Pokémon- You can never catch them all!

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Good thing Platinum is still months away, it'll take me that long to get my planned stuff done with the massive amounts of time I need to devote to Japanese 211. I miss the old days of 11 when I only needed to know how to say what my major is (senkowa eigodes). Now I need to say stuff like, "On the night of the full moon, but only when the temperature is between 40 and 50 degrees farenheit, will Bob do his homework." or some nonsense.

Abloo bloo.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I would like to fight I think, if you're still around

speaking of abloo, emerl I hate your romaji style so much

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sorry, I do not know how to type demonic moon characters on a keyboard.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I mean your style, not the use of romaji itself. It is very far removed from how I first learned to do it.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someon please help me evolve my Porygon2.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ok, I'll get on

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Keep it as Porygon2, IMO. With Garchomp banned Pory2 is an excellent wall (and one of the few surefire Gyarados counters with Trace-Intimidate and Tbolt)

If you really want a Porygon-Z I can help you.

Oh, BlueBlue has it covered.

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Thanks. I was using the GTS glitch, but then I pressed A repeatedly and then I thought I had lost my shiny Porygon along with the Upgrade. Now I got scared and want to do the good old-fashioned way.

I had asked for a level 9 or less Machamp. Thought some filthy hacker had stolen it from me.

I can't use a it as a Porygon 2 because its HP, def and sp def IVs suck.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I used a porygon-2 on my first netbattle team! <3

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Maybe Stevey will be a Porygon 2 instead of Z.

RockinX on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Okay, I have an EV'd Shiny Umbreon up for trade, if anyone wants it. I'm am not sure of it's EVs entirely, but I was told it was trained for Special Defense among other things. It currently knows Toxic, Protect, Dark Pulse, and Moonlight. Would anyone like to trade for it?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really want to make a Porygon2, but I also want to make a Porygon-Z eventually, and thus I'd need to obtain an extra Upgrade somewhere at some point. Ah well. Its pretty far down my list of breeding projects anyway.

Incidentally, I won't be able to battle or trade until the end of the month (stupid moving thing.. bargle..). Though I did want one of those exploding Gengars of Chen's. Which I didn't read through the thread to see until just now. >.<

Aggril on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So is there any advantage to training a pre-evolved poke except for moves like Volt Tackle? For example, if I were to remake my Roserade Florius, would it behoove me to start him as a Budew?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, if the baby form learns a move that the adult forms don't - then yes there is an advantage. If you want that move.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Shroomish doesn't learn Spore until 54? I don't think I'm even going to wind up at that level for the Elite Four. Well, now I guess I should just go ahead and evolve him, he's already level 26 or so. Ugh.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    AggrilAggril Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Like Blueblue said- the only 'advantage' the baby forms have is that sometimes they're the only ones that learn certain moves in that evolutionary line. So unless there's some move you need Roserade to have that only Budew gets, I wouldn't worry about it.

Reynolds, if you still want a Shroomish that already knows Spore (and Seed Bomb) at level one, I can give you one. Once I can trade again, anyway.

Aggril on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thanks, but I'm playing through Sapphire with him right now. I might take one once you're back, though, just to have. If you have the extra.

Going with a team of Shroomish(goddamn it), Pelliper, Linoone, Manectric, Gulpin, and Aron right now. Torkoal got picked over Numel for the fire spot, and if I can ever get the fossil brought to life I plan to use Anorith. So if anyone has a Lileep/Cradilly to make up for that choice (I already have Anorith in Pearl...) that'd be nifty.

The Normal Gym was refreshingly easy after the hax of all the other Gyms.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh dear. I hate happiness evolutions.

Especially when I need to take the best two offspring, and then breed from THEM. (Oh god I need berries.)

Kay2 on
  • Options
    RavynBlackheartRavynBlackheart Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Happiness evolutions and maxing Return's power >.< On another note playing through Fire Red again makes me want a remake of the Johto games even more.

RavynBlackheart on
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Maxing Return isn't so bad, because you only have to do it once. The problem is when you need to evolve something before it can breed (since the "baby" pokemon can't breed) in order to do chain-breeding.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Maxing Return isn't so bad, because you only have to do it once. The problem is when you need to evolve something before it can breed (since the "baby" pokemon can't breed) in order to do chain-breeding.

And then one of the offspring has better IV's then one of the parents, so you have to evolve it to switch it in =P

Zerokku on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is Sunnybeaming still a viable strategy? If it is I think I might want to make an Exeggutor.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Zerokku wrote: »

And then one of the offspring has better IV's then one of the parents, so you have to evolve it to switch it in =P

This is my exact current problem. :|

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Is Sunnybeaming still a viable strategy? If it is I think I might want to make an Exeggutor.

I can see it working for a fast Fire type because if you are hit by a Water move, its power gets halved, but not for Grass types.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Isn't there an item or berry that lets you use chargeup moves in one turn?

How about that item, Solarbeam, and Recycle?

Kay2 on
  • Options
    Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kay wrote: »
    Isn't there an item or berry that lets you use chargeup moves in one turn?

How about that item, Solarbeam, and Recycle?

Power Herb?

He could just charge on that turn..but I suppose it would work well

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    With recycle, it's somewhat better because you don't technically commit yourself to solarbeaming - you could still use a different move or switch.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    With recycle, it's somewhat better because you don't technically commit yourself to solarbeaming - you could still use a different move or switch.

Yeah exactly, it's leaving Exeggutor alone on the field that's more the issue :-X

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    He does have a lot of weaknesses, plus the Sunny Day is just asking for a Fire attack. Seems like the only two who really can Sunnybeam are Charizard and Typhlosion; they could live through most Water attacks with Sunny Day in effect, I think.

I did the math to find out how much I'd need to buy the Vitamins for Platinum; I want to level up the team myself, so the Vitamins would help in that sense. Anyway, guess how much I'd need?

1.4 million. That's 58 fights against the old couple who use Roselia and Chatot south of Hearthorne with the Amulet Coin equipped. Oi.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I miss missingno.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I did the math to find out how much I'd need to buy the Vitamins for Platinum; I want to level up the team myself, so the Vitamins would help in that sense. Anyway, guess how much I'd need?

1.4 million. That's 58 fights against the old couple who use Roselia and Chatot south of Hearthorne with the Amulet Coin equipped. Oi.
    How many Battle Points would you need to buy all of those Vitamins? They cost 1 BP each, so that might be "easier" than grinding for all of that money.

I've always been interested in a SunnyDay team. I used to think about a Dragon gym based around SunnyDay.
    The only thing that would make me interested in a RainDance team would be more Grass types who benefit from the rain. I think it's very dumb that nocturnal pokemon like Vileplume and weed like pokemon like Tangrowth benefit from the Sun when they should really be a lot stronger in rain. Actually, if they would intoduce some type of Nightfall weather effect that would really be best for those two and others.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    With a level 93 Togekiss with Air Slash and Aura Sphere, each battle lasts half a minute. And I have only started an hour ago and only need to do 20 more fights.

Anyway, it would be 142 BP. No way dude.

Real battles also allow me to use my four Pickup Pokemon to get some good stuff.

Edit: Of course, your money caps out at 999,999.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I remain confident that Arcanine would make a good Sunnybeamer too (not to toot the horn of my favorite poke, but...) He's bulky enough to take an Earthquake with Intimidate, or with Flash Fire he can switch in on a Fire move that Sunnybeam might attract and then Overheat/Flare Blitz/Fire Blast/Solarbeam back.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aggril wrote: »
    Incidentally, I won't be able to battle or trade until the end of the month (stupid moving thing.. bargle..). Though I did want one of those exploding Gengars of Chen's. Which I didn't read through the thread to see until just now. >.<
    I saved two, 3 and 6, since Terrendos couldn't decide. I think those two are the best of the bunch as they most likely have max speed, which is critical on Gengar, and above average sp atk. You can pick it up whenever you get your stuff back again.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So, I was thinking, what if one had an entire team dedicated to Baton Passing to one or two mixed attackers?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That could work Nerd, but there are ways of breaking Baton Pass chains. and if your two attackers get taken out then you're screwed.

Anyone interested in battling right now?

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That reminds me, I need to get back to training. So far, I have two EV'd Pokemon, and I'm currently working on my Tyranitar.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    So, I was thinking, what if one had an entire team dedicated to Baton Passing to one or two mixed attackers?

It will work some of the time! There are just lots of opportunities for it to go wrong.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well of course, this would be in a special metagame where Haze and Psych Up are banned.

Speaking of which, is it just Outrage Garchomp that's banned, or is it all instances?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    and Perish Song and all stat reducing moves, and Roar/Whirlwind and Stealth Rocks/Spikes and probably some other things.

All Garchomps are banned.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk