Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    For who? Me, or you with your shiny-team of death and destruction? :P

Kay2 on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Me.

I thought you were gonna switch out there.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Argh, I so want to explode.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, I don't have much chance here. Have you checked your Ditto's IVs?

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yep. Adamant #132 Ditto: 26 / 3 / 31 / 31 / 9 / 12

Not bad, but kind of terrible for an Adamant.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, breed for a 31 atk, then breed that with the Ditto and hope you get the father's IV?

Rematch? My team was terrible against yours there.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sure.

Say, do you have a Relaxed ditto I could borrow?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Mm. I think Relaxed is one of the ones I -don't- have. But I might have a Relaxed Synchronise Abra that I was meaning to use to capture one.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Alright, if you do get one, would you be willing to borrow/trade for that Adamant of mine? I've been meaning to breed Pineco if you're wondering.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Next time I do a round of Ditto Hunting, I'll let you know. Still training stuff right now!

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay, thanks.

Hey, thanks for the rain.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think it's probably better for me than it is for you. >_>

Also, HOW MANY TIMES can that move miss? :|

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Only because you use stupid and terrible Pokemon.

Note to self: Teach Slowking Grass Knot.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I use stupid and terrible Pokémon? The one that missed all the time is one of the new guys that I was trying out. :|

Also, huh. Kinda surprised that one outsped Skimmer.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I meant your stupid water types.

Also, that was some beautiful hax. A metagross moving before a Togekiss? What do you use it for, Fly?

EDIT: So far, Mence doesn't seem to be worth that lovely, lovely ball it's in. Maybe it just needs that move.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, your Metagross must have some Speed EVs, as there's no way it'd outspeed it without 'em.

And no, it's one of my really, really old guys from when I wasn't quite sure what I was doing. The EVs on it are a little less than optimal. I didn't really use any of my decent guys in those fights, though I should have, with all the OU in yours. :p

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Shush, you're ruining it.

Also, you might be right about it's EVs, if the moveset and Smogon are anything to go on.

Although, I find it hard to believe some guy found an Adamant Shiny Beldum in the wild like that.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's not as hard as you might think to chain shinies with the right nature, really. It just further halves the chance. You basically have an Adamant Pokémon with Synchronise in front, then if you encounter a shiny, it's 50% likely to be Adamant. Sundown has one, too.

Going by Smogon, I guess that 'Gross has about 4-5 more speed than my Skimmer. Sad, really! But like I said, Skimmer's badly EV trained from WAY back when. Where'd you get this Pokémon, anyhow? Surely it's more fun to actually train your own?

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Not if EV training is always like it is for Salamence. Also, if I may ask at the risk of offending, how do you mess up EV training?

Anyway, the 'Gross, I traded a Shiny Dragonite for. That would have been interesting. It knew Roost, Thunder Punch, Outrage, and Dragon Dance. A standard D/P set.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kay wrote: »
    It's not as hard as you might think to chain shinies with the right nature, really.

It's harder

Anyone up for a battle?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Not if EV training is always like it is for Salamence. Also, if I may ask at the risk of offending, how do you mess up EV training?

Well, when you don't know what you're doing because you've just started, and you think 'I want this to take Special hits and hit back hard so I'll max the EVs in Sp.Atk and Sp.Def!', then you kinda mess up EV training.
    RockinX wrote: »
    It's not as hard as you might think to chain shinies with the right nature, really.

It's harder

Nah, it's just like grinding with the Pokéradar for shinies, but 50% of the shinies you get will have the right nature!

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It's harder

Nah, it's just like grinding with the Pokéradar for shinies, but 50% of the shinies you get will have the right nature!

I've gotten several chains of 50+ and no shinies :(

Also, battle?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

It's harder

I've gotten several chains of 50+ and no shinies :(

Also, battle?

I wanna finish off my new guy's training before I fight with a full team, I think!

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well, when you don't know what you're doing because you've just started, and you think 'I want this to take Special hits and hit back hard so I'll max the EVs in Sp.Atk and Sp.Def!', then you kinda mess up EV training.

It's harder

Oh alright. See, I sort of considered that possibility, but I was thinking how someone who knew how to train EVs would intentionally pick most-likely bad ones, but now I see. It does sort of have a non-conformist charm.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh alright. See, I sort of considered that possibility, but I was thinking how someone who knew how to train EVs would intentionally pick most-likely bad ones, but now I see. It does sort of have a non-conformist charm.

It was less 'training intentionally badly' and just not knowing any better at the time. I've not had time to retrain it, either. I should just get in there and do it, as it's a pretty decent Pokémon once it's trained properly.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I meant that, but that was a poor choice. I meant something like "Intentionally training something for X, because you don't know that X is bad, but you know how to EV Train.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Something like that, yeah. I didn't know anything about maxing defences, magic speed tier numbers, or anything like that.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh, I didn't mean anything complicated like that, that would make sense. I meant like, knowing to train sweepers for speed and Special Attack.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I looked at the base stats, didn't realise how important HP was for tanks as opposed to Def/Sp.Def, and figured that if it didn't have high speed to start with, there was no point in increasing it as it would be outsped by fast stuff anyhow. I didn't even consider that slower Pokémon might be EV trained for speed so that they'd be faster, 'cause I was naive.

(Six more levels for my guy. Grr.)

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait, so is Milotic a better Defense tank or Special Defense tank? Because all of the Smogon sets focus on Defense and HP EVs.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    They tell you to give it def EVs so that it can survive physical hits. The Sleep Talk set won't need too many of them, though.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay, so it's more of a mixed bag?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Milotic has a high Sp.Def, so to make it into a mixed tank, they're usually trained with HP and Def.

Sleeptalk set just makes the Def even higher thanks to Marvel Scale.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hmm. I'm not sure if that's exactly what I'm looking for, but thanks a lot.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You need to read more than just the builds on Smogon - skip down to the EV section and read that.
    Smogon wrote:
    As an alternative, you can use max HP, max Special Defense and a Calm nature. This allows Milotic to function as an effective counter to Choice Specs Salamence and Choice Specs Heatran with HP Grass/Electric. With this spread, Milotic will always survive a Life Orb Grass Knot from Infernape, even after a Nasty Plot. Unfortunately, this comes at a price - Close Combat will now 2HKO, and an unboosted Grass Knot followed by a Close Combat may also finish off Milotic. Don't expect Milotic to function as a real special wall, her movepool doesn't support this role well and she loses to the majority of strong special attackers. Bear in mind that she will also take significantly more damage from physical attacks without any EVs invested in Defense.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The thread is coming to an end. When should I start the new OP?

RockinX on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    By the way, if someone wants to make the next thread, go ahead and do so when this one reaches 100. Not earlier.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh hai. Anyone care for a battle?

You can also suggest a way to condense KILL IT WITH FIRE into ten characters. Cause I'm stumped.

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    KllItW/Fre? That's all I've got.

Also I'll play you.

Speed Racer on