Options

Pokémon- You can never catch them all!

• Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Yeah, I did. If you really want I can just post the whole battle and we can have a good laugh at my bad decisions.
    Sounds like fun!
    Oh god, again I can only think of Platinum and watching this battle. Thats going to be such an awesome feature.

I'm just messing around Blue, you have my sympathy. I'll avenge you when I face the Speed Racer team.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I hope you'll be able to upload the vids.

Now, which is a better name- OBLITERATE or ANNIHILATE ?

(believe me, either would fit this poke.)

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Vids?
    I memorize battles~
    go gengar
    go electrode

electrode used thunder wave
    gengar was paralyzed

go forretress
    electrode used thunderbolt

forretress fainted

go ninjask

ninjask used substitute
    electrode used taunt

ninjask used x-scissor
    ninjask is paralyzed

go gengar
    go slaking

slaking used night slash
    gengar fainted

go blissey

blissey used aromatherapy
    go machamp

machamp used dynamicpunch
    blissey fainted

go ninjask

ninjask used substitute
    go kecleon

go garchomp
    kecleon used stealth rock

garchomp used swords dance
    go electrode

electrode used explosion

go staraptor
    staraptor used brave bird
    garchomp fainted

go ninjask
    starraptor used brave bird
    ninjask fainted

go weavile

weavile used ice shard
    staraptor used brave bird
    weavile fainted

Oh you meant from platinum I guess. Oops.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    yeah, you're right you made some bad moves in that battle, but most are pretty excusable...

Though there's no excuse for leaving Blissey in to take a Dynamicpunch really, especially when you have a more disposable (since para'd) 4x resist.

Ah yeah I see what you mean about risky sacrifices.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I think Blue did that the other day when battling me.

That battle lasted nothing. We lasted several turns in a battle between Milotic and Kecleon.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The other day being over a month ago?

Well I figured I got the para off ninjask and i'd need to bring him in without getting hit and hey look blissey's going to die.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also, maybe I'm missing something, but why did you switch to chomp rather than baton passing him the sub? That could have made a huge difference.

Huge. Chomp behind sub is gruh grah blah

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dumbness! I recalled conversation about a stat-up stealing move called snatch which kecleon learned, and people telling him to teach it that? But now that I look it up it doesn't do that at all. I thought I was being clever, I assure you.

I thought that was the whole reason he brought in kecleon. Yeah if I had passed the boosts + sub to garchomp things might have turned out...exactly how I had planned things to turn out.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hm yes well all I can tell you is look up the move if you're unsure. Before you make the choice.

I usually don't look things up in battle which occasionally costs me but I almost always know what something does/can do. If I make a mistake it's because I didn't think it through enough.

Or I was wrong in my guess.

dingus xavier on
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was afraid of the 'steal opponent sub' thing I had heard so much about! Plus I did not remember the name of the move.

Next time

Actually I pretty routinely do badly against pokemon that I'm unfamiliar with. Secret Weakness! Just constantly be making new dudes and I'm toast. Just don't run out of good ones.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, I did. If you really want I can just post the whole battle and we can have a good laugh at my bad decisions.
    Most of all you didn't switch enough.

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someday I'm going to make Physical and Special Sweepers of each of poke I have and give them the same name and gender. Then you'll have *no* idea what to do when I send out Lucario! Or Tyranitar! Or... Infernape? I don't know. But it will be *grand.*

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You could just make one and rename it different things, so we'd expect them to be different.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, but I'm not that clever. Also I insist on using Latin for my naming scheme, and I imagine I'd run out of good names pretty quickly.

EDIT: Also, I could go for a battle.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I will fight you! Have we ever fought?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yes, we have.

So I feel like watching a Disney movie tonight. Should I go with Aladdin or Hercules?

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Aladdin rocks.

Anyone up for a battle?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Terrendos wrote: »
    Yes, we have.

So I feel like watching a Disney movie tonight. Should I go with Aladdin or Hercules?

I meant like an actual battle, not an iv battle.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So, anyone who's not battling available?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm about to be.

I like your ninjask better than mine, ter

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Good game Blue. I was pretty worried when I took down your first dragon and saw the other one come up. I'm fortunate Ensigus is such a beast when he gets set up. I wish Cave Canem would've had a shot at doing something other than falling asleep, since that was probably his last hurrah before I put in his remake.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was pretty worried the whole time. I am not doing great tonight!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Awesome! Critical hit just when I fucked up twice, yay!

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And it didn't matter. This happens when you are too hasty. Would you like to switch teams?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah sure, I suppose.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I should really train some more Pokés.

I also need more special sweepers.

I'm online.

Got rid of Shoop! OH YEAH!

Hw do you pronounce Dijkstra?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dike-stra, I believe.

It was interesting having togekiss on the opposite end of some flichhax~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I wish I could speak every language on Earth... No, actually, just English, Japanese, Spanish and maybe French and German.

Good battle. I wish I hadn't put Globita there, though. Dragonite went down like a champ.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It was interesting having togekiss on the opposite end of some flichhax~

That was parafusion.

Anyone else up for one?

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah I know. I was just boggling at the role reversal.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    How do you like THAT? Does it feel good? no?

Have I told you how much I hate Paraflinch? That made me lose one tournament against Emerl.

RockinX on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Anyone still around to play?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dare I request a rematch?

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll hop online.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And by rematch I mean I am going to change out my guys. FULL DISCLOSURE

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And by rematch I mean I am going to change out my guys. FULL DISCLOSURE

Yeah that's fine, I sort of assumed as much. I'm keeping my team the same, just because I'm still testing this team out.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Though I'm not going to go out of my way to really figure out a counter team or anything that extreme.

SO STEEL ISN'T EFFECTIVE HUH
    what is the matter with me

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Now it is my turn to be making poor decisions!

Yeah, you're gonna have to fuck up big time to lose this one.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yup, I lost the second I let you quake Electrode.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hooray! Skarmory whirlwinds to victory!

Oh damn that reminds me I finally thought of a nickname for it.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status: