Options

Pokémon- You can never catch them all!

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Up for a tie-breaker? If I lose a third time tonight I'm gonna be convinced that I need to retool this team.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ok. You want me to use the same guys or switch it up again?

"A metal bird....something from megaman...hmm nope can't think of anything."

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    Ok. You want me to use the same guys or switch it up again?

"A metal bird....something from megaman...hmm nope can't think of anything."

That's up to you.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    New team it is!
    Getting on!

I have tailored the team to yours a bit more this time.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wait, what? Shouldn't that have done the same amount of damage as the first one? Your attack got halved, and I became weak to Dragon. Why didn't that balance out?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And the ghost of Rex Racer saves the day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03aRiSGoykE

Good game Blue.

I definitely think I need to change Kecleon. SubPunch just doesn't work. I think he might be all right as a full-on annoyer, though. Too bad he can't learn Wil-O-Wisp or Hypnosis.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    My goodness so close! I feel so bad for losing that, having "tailored" the team to yours. Which just meant those elec absorb guys and guys who can use psychic/fire.

As to the mystery of draco meteor, the answer has to do with choice scarf, I think.

Kecleon is definitely a guy who uses stealth rock!

I totally should have predicted the swap to gengar and the one to electrode. Damn me!

My next guy, though. He will mess you up I think!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was not pleased to find out that Shoop had that berry!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RockinXRockinX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Doesn't surprise me after the battle against me.

I hate Shoop.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Actually that is a thing that has not changed all day. I was so glad it got a use! He has been getting hit with a lot of rocks today.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Should I change Kecleon's moveset to Stealth Rock, Toxic, SuckerPunch and Shadow Sneak?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No. It already has a priority move. You need a full annoyer, so go with Magic Coat or something.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I will tell you a big weakness you have! It is hippowdon. I do not have one but I think he could wall you pretty hard!
    Really just physical walls in general, since electrode and gengar is the full team of special support.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    BlueBlue wrote: »
    I will tell you a big weakness you have! It is hippowdon. I do not have one but I think he could wall you pretty hard!
    Really just physical walls in general, since electrode and gengar is the full team of special support.
    Yeah, that's definitely something I've been giving some thought too. I've got a Gardevoir that I've been thinking about switching in to replace Kecleon, but I'm not certain yet.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I am working on a new guy! He is going to be the Bio-Devil. I think you will also have problems with him!

I have been working on a full stall team.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Snorlax? Wait, no, I wouldn't have a problem with that. And he's a special tank anyway.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It is not snorlax! The only thing he has to do with bio-devils is that he's fat and blocking the path.

But I may have to make one, I really don't have a lot of special walls. What is another good one? Cradily?

Hmm. I do have to say I've been enjoying weavile lately. Gengar kos something...and that's all she wrote!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh oh oh, Dusknoir.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Hahaha, yes! It is nice to say what the nickname is and have people be able to guess the poke. I actually have an old one from ziz with really good ivs and correct nature and egg moves and everything, but I can't nickname! Alas.

Oh and also: Garchomp vote in 3 days! I have been using him more often lately since it may be my last chance to do so~

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Why don't they just ban Garchomp @ Yache berry, instead of banning him all together?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's been brought up! The given answer is: that's too complicated. The real answer is: we hate garchomp.

I guess they are thinking they'd have to go and reexamine all the old ubers and define rulesets that make them broken? Like an arceus that only knows protect shouldn't be considered uber.
    Many people, however, are just sick of him and are chomping at the bit of garchomp's banishment.

They are going through all this trouble to do their little test ladder or whatever, but I think in the end people are just playing the ladder, not caring what differences there are, and are planning to vote on what they had already decided. People are also more likely to complain than not, so I am assuming many people have been playing the test ladder just to get the ability to ban garchomp. I am pretty sure he's getting the uber upgrade.

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Isn't there precedent for that sort of thing though? I thought Latios and Latias were legal as long as they didn't have the Soul Dew.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    dingus xavierdingus xavier Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Though I actually find Garchomp relatively managable most of the time, moreso than say gyarados, I'll be glad if it's banned, as it's just too good.

The damn thing requires very little setup to be capable of defeating at least one of your opponent's pokemon, and used correctly it can be pretty scary.

dingus xavier on
    Platinum FC:0474 4582 3401
    Steam ID
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Although I too basically think he's too good, I couldn't ever bring myself to condone his ban just because he was one of my first for-serious pokemons~
    I am biased!

BlueBlue on
    CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have two questions.

1) Does Snatch steal all stat-ups that an opponent has, or does it just steal any move effect that the opponent uses THAT TURN? I thought it only say, stole a Substitute if that move was used in the same turn.

2) Should we ban any posts from RockinX that involve him complaining about hax? I never complain about hax! I just say that I'm lame and it was all my fault.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    InvisibleInkInvisibleInk Po,OrRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    1) THAT TURN. Psych Up steals all stat boosts the opponent has. That doesn't include Substitute.

2) I feel bad about breaking the Sleep Clause last time, that was a justified complaint.
    But it would probably be in his best interest to stop mentioning hax.

So if Garchomp is actually determined to be Uber, are we going to give a crap? Because personally I don't think I give a crap at all. Banning Garchomp@Yache Berry isn't complicated for us, we could do that no problem.
    I wonder if we'll ever get rid of Item Clause.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    And you could have done something to compensate, Ink... I should have just disconnected on purpose I guess.

I'll try to complain less about hax, though. But some of you have been witnesses of my luck sometimes. Do you think it may have something to do with disconnecting myself immediately after a battle? Without disconnecting from WFC first, I mean.
    Though I actually find Garchomp relatively managable most of the time, moreso than say gyarados, I'll be glad if it's banned, as it's just too good.

The damn thing requires very little setup to be capable of defeating at least one of your opponent's pokemon, and used correctly it can be pretty scary.

I was talking last night to a friend who said Garchomp is the most evil (he didn't say evil, but I have a hard time coming up with a translation better than that) of all OU Pokés and that he hated it. Especially that set with Sub + Swords Dance + Sandstorm started by a Tyranitar. He is training a Skarmory to counter it at a tournament he is going to go.

RockinX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man, I wish we had Pokemon tournaments in my area. The closest I've found is the card game.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The card game is pretty much over the moment someone evolves their main Pokédude to the max.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Anyone wanna play?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yes. Lets see just how fast Speed Racer can lose.

I hope you're using the Pokeball seals.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yes. Lets see just how fast Speed Racer can lose.

I hope you're using the Pokeball seals.

I haven't made them yet. They will come though!

First I have to catch the Unown alphabet.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh I guess Ground resists Poison.

Good to know!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh I guess Bug also resists Poison.

Also good to know!

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Yeah, good game. Nothing like losing because I didn't know the Type Chart!

Also that stupid Explosion.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Poison resists poison. It's not a flying type.

and today I learned how Focus Punch works against SuckerPunch.
    Good game Speed. I guess I did end up bringing a couple of counters for your team to that fight. But then, these are the pokemon I always use anyway.
    I'd like to see what you come up with for those Pokeball seals. Not enough people use them. Its understandable, but still a shame.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Poison resists poison. It's not a flying type.

and today I learned how Focus Punch works against SuckerPunch.
    Good game Speed. I guess I did end up bringing a couple of counters for your team to that fight. But then, these are the pokemon I always use anyway.

...Oh.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You forgot!
    Now I wonder what other kinds of "secrets" I can pull out that you've forgotten.

InvisibleInk on
    3DS-3995-6602-5217
    NNID-InvisibleInk
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    That was really just such an "ARRRRGH" moment when I saw that Flygon resisted Sludge Bomb.

Wait, why the hell do I have Sludge Bomb on over Shadow Ball anyway?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, Sludge Bomb can poison opponents. While Shadow Ball lowers their special defense, which doesn't help if they switch.

Just my two cents. Shadow Ball is probably more worth it because of its power.

RockinX on